|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV: Selected Materials: The Seminal Period.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Somnious Scipionus mean?
(a) The Scorpion's Revenge.
(b) Reverence to Scipio.
(c) The Dream of Scipio.
(d) The Dream of the Scorpion.
2. Why does Lewis not give full credit to the model?
(a) It was too broad.
(b) All of these.
(c) It was not sensitive enough to change.
(d) It was not moved by the debates.
3. How did the medieval mind differ from the modern mind?
(a) They were very faithful.
(b) They were very scientific.
(c) They had no pre-concevied notions.
(d) They never made snap judgements.
4. How does Lewis feel about the popular beliefs about medieval man?
(a) He disagrees.
(b) He finds it rediculous.
(c) He agrees.
(d) He partly agrees.
5. Which of the following did Lewis say medieval men worshiped?
(d) None of these.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was inefficient about the translation of Plato's Timmaeus?
2. What does Lewis say separates the medieval man from savages?
3. Which of the following was NOT a contributor to the model?
4. How many sources contributed to the model?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the places where Chalcidius saw evidence of the Triad?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)