|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter IV: Selected Materials: The Seminal Period.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What in the sky changed regularly?
(b) The inhabitants.
(d) The orbits.
2. What about medieval men does Lewis call strange?
(a) All of these.
(b) Their authority.
(c) Their beliefs.
(d) Their traditions.
3. What word does Lewis use to describe how most thoughts about medieval man arise?
4. What does Lewis say separates the medieval man from savages?
(a) Their ideals.
(b) Their strict traditions.
(c) Their thirst for knowledge.
(d) Their religion.
5. What did Aristotle's writings not interfere with?
(a) The model.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lewis say it would be a mistake to think about the pagans and Christians?
2. What would guarantee the truth of something to a medieval man?
3. How did Lewis describe the debate of nominalism?
4. What religion did Macrobious likely follow?
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the places where Chalcidius saw evidence of the Triad?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)