|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter V: The Heavens.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Scipio Minor plan to meet the gods?
(a) By talking to the moon.
(b) By flying.
(c) By committing suicide.
(d) By living virtuously.
2. According to Lewis, how did medieval man come to start those things he calls obsolete?
3. What separated nature from the sky?
(a) The orbit of the moon.
(b) The passing of the sun.
(c) The ocean tides.
(d) The horizon.
4. What was inefficient about the translation of Plato's Timmaeus?
(a) It was not recorded chronologically.
(b) The translator added his own opinion in.
(c) It was left unfinished.
(d) The reader is left not knowing the interpretation.
5. When did the model appear?
(a) Classical antiquity.
(b) The stone ages.
(c) Industrial Age.
(d) Middle Ages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Macrobius think was the center of the universe?
2. Which of the following of the medieval man are studied in this book?
3. What does Lewis say the modern world imposes on objects?
4. How did the medieval mind differ from the modern mind?
5. Where would one find the fifth element?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)