|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrea get for Miranda at the coffee shop?
2. What kind of article does Andrea spend the morning trying to locate for Miranda in Chapter 13?
3. Why does Miranda send Andrea to get her another coffee?
4. What job does Miranda ask Emily to line up candidates for in Chapter 12?
5. What is Christian's agent's name?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Andrea finally decide to do in Chapter 9?
2. What does Miranda berate Andrea for when Miranda sends her to collect her lunch?
3. What is the Bulletin? What event does Andrea take notes on for Miranda in Chapter 11?
4. What does Andrea try to speak to Lily about in Chapter 15?
5. Why do Andrea and Alex argue in Chapter 15?
6. What letter does Andrea read in Chapter 13?
7. Why isn't Lily at the new apartment when Andrea arrives to move in?
8. What is Alex excited about when Andrea calls him in Chapter 13? How does Miranda ruin Andrea's plans with Alex?
9. What does Emily inform Andrea at the beginning of Chapter 15?
10. What amazes Andrea about Miranda at the party in Chapter 14? Why does Andrea rip up the photoshopped image of Miranda when she gets home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the motifs of neglect and guilt. Who or what does Andrea neglect in the novel and why? How does she neglect them? What are some examples of guilt in the novel? Who does Andrea feel guilty towards and why? How are the motifs of neglect and guilt related?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Weisberger's use of symbolism in the novel "The Devil Wears Prada". What is symbolism? What are some examples of symbolism in the novel? How do these examples relate to the themes of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss how well Andrea transitions from her college life to adulthood. What are some examples of her old life which she chooses to leave behind once she gets a job at Runway? In what way does her friend, Lily, represent her old life?
This section contains 892 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)