|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrea notice when Miranda goes away in Chapter 12?
2. Who alerts Andrea to Miranda's impending arrival in Chapter 9?
3. What does Lily do instead of working on a paper for school in Chapter 14?
4. What is Miranda's schedule of daily activities called?
5. What amazes Andrea at the event at the Met?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andrea decide to encourage Christian's attention at the end of Chapter 15?
2. Why does Miranda tell Andrea to organize girls to be interviewed in Chapter 13?
3. What letter does Andrea read in Chapter 13?
4. What does Miranda have Andrea search for in Chapter 13?
5. What does Emily inform Andrea at the beginning of Chapter 15?
6. What trip does Emily tell Andrea about in Chapter 10?
7. What amazes Andrea about Miranda at the party in Chapter 14? Why does Andrea rip up the photoshopped image of Miranda when she gets home?
8. What does Miranda berate Andrea for when Miranda sends her to collect her lunch?
9. Why does Lily get angry with Andrea in Chapter 10?
10. How does Andrea display that she has perfected the Runway Paranoid Turnaround in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
A motif of the novel is ambition. Who are some ambitious characters of the novel? Is Andrea ambitious? If so, what are her goals? How does she try to reach them? How do Andrea's ambitions come in the way of her personal life?
Essay Topic 2
What is an epiphany? What does Andrea realize during her epiphany? How does her epiphany change her perspective? How does it change her life?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of the novel "The Devil Wears Prada", Lauren Weisberger. What other books has she written? Is this novel similar to her other works in term of plot, tone and genre? How is her work received by critics?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)