|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the famous author Andrea flirts with in Chapter 8?
2. What is Miranda's problem with the book delivery?
3. Where does Andrea arrange to have the books for Miranda's daughters picked up?
4. What is Andrea's sister's name?
5. What does Miranda's assistant tell Andrea she will be able to do after working for Miranda for a year?
Short Essay Questions
1. After being offered the job of Miranda's assistant, what does Andrea have to quickly do? Where does she find a place to live?
2. What happens when Andrea goes to Miranda's house to deliver the book?
3. Why does Andrea go to the Elias-Clark building? What overwhelms her there?
4. In Chapter 7, after finding out Miranda is returning early, what does Andrea have to do to prepare for her arrival? What slows her down?
5. What causes Andrea and her parents to be a bit apprehensive about Andrea's job offer?
6. What does Andrea find out about Runway's security system?
7. What do the women Andrea interviews with promise her about working with Miranda Priestly?
8. Why does Andrea consider herself to be lucky on her first day of work in Chapter 4?
9. How do Nigel and Andrea first become acquainted?
10. Who does Andrea speak to at the party in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the protagonist of the novel, Andrea. What are her defining character traits? What struggles and obstacles does she face throughout the novel? What are her goals and motives?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the setting of the novel. How important is the setting to novel? Why is New York City an appropriate setting for the themes and subject matter of this novel? Describe the Runway office setting. How does the Runway setting contrast with i.e. Andrea's family home setting?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the motifs of neglect and guilt. Who or what does Andrea neglect in the novel and why? How does she neglect them? What are some examples of guilt in the novel? Who does Andrea feel guilty towards and why? How are the motifs of neglect and guilt related?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)