|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miranda call Andrea when she enters Miranda's house?
2. What does Andrea fantasize about happening when she leaves the office to correct her mistake in Chapter 1?
3. How does Miranda's senior assistant act when she meets Andrea?
4. What does Miranda's assistant tell Andrea she will be able to do after working for Miranda for a year?
5. What concerns Andrea's parents about the job at Runway?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 7, after finding out Miranda is returning early, what does Andrea have to do to prepare for her arrival? What slows her down?
2. What does Andrea learn about Miranda's past in Chapter 4?
3. What difficult task does Miranda give Andrea to do in Chapter 6?
4. How does Miranda cause an uproar in the office in Chapter 4?
5. How do Nigel and Andrea first become acquainted?
6. What causes Andrea and her parents to be a bit apprehensive about Andrea's job offer?
7. Why does Andrea go to the Elias-Clark building? What overwhelms her there?
8. What do the women Andrea interviews with promise her about working with Miranda Priestly?
9. Why does Andrea consider herself to be lucky on her first day of work in Chapter 4?
10. In Chapter 7, why is Andrea at first unable to go to the party with James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the conclusion of the novel "The Devil Wears Prada". What happens at the end of the novel? Are there any unanswered questions? Why might Weisberger have chosen to end the novel when she did? How has Andrea changed by the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of family in the novel "The Devil Wears Prada". Who are the members of Andrea's family? How important is family to Andrea? What does Andrea's family think of her job? Are they supportive? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of the novel "The Devil Wears Prada", Lauren Weisberger. What other books has she written? Is this novel similar to her other works in term of plot, tone and genre? How is her work received by critics?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)