|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Miranda's daughters staying in Chapter 6?
2. Who is James?
3. What game does Andrea play with her father in Chapter 6?
4. What is Andrea doing with Lily when she finds a voicemail on her phone in Chapter 6?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Andrea rush to the lobby for after hearing that Miranda is heading into the office?
Short Essay Questions
1. After being offered the job of Miranda's assistant, what does Andrea have to quickly do? Where does she find a place to live?
2. What is The Book? What is Andrea instructed to do when she delivers The Book?
3. What does Andrea find out about Runway's security system?
4. Why does Andrea go to the Elias-Clark building? What overwhelms her there?
5. What mistake does Andrea make in Chapter 5?
6. What is RPT?
7. How do Nigel and Andrea first become acquainted?
8. What does Alex think of the possibility that Andrea will work at Runway magazine?
9. What does Andrea learn about Miranda's past in Chapter 4?
10. In Chapter 7, why is Andrea at first unable to go to the party with James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze and interpret the antagonist of the novel, Miranda Priestly. What are her defining character traits? Why is she the antagonist? How does she make Andrea's life difficult? What are her motives for doing so?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the theme of friendship in the novel "The Devil Wears Prada", specifically the friendship between Andrea and Lily. How long have they been friends? What conflict arises between them throughout the novel? How do they resolve said conflict? How is Andrea's direction in life different than Lily's? How does this create friction in their friendship?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret Andrea's relationship with Alex. How do they meet? How long were they together? What struggles do they face as a couple? Why do they split up? How does Andrea feel about breaking up with Alex?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)