|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Andrea have to do after accepting the job at Runway?
2. Who is Madeline?
3. Where does Andrea arrange to have the books for Miranda's daughters picked up?
4. Where does Andrea hope to have a career some day?
5. Why is Andrea under the weather for her interview in Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Andrea go at Thanksgiving in Chapter 6? What announcement is made?
2. What happened to Andrea when she was in India? Where did Andrea end up going afterward?
3. Why does Andrea consider herself to be lucky on her first day of work in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 7, why is Andrea at first unable to go to the party with James?
5. What causes Andrea and her parents to be a bit apprehensive about Andrea's job offer?
6. What does Andrea find out about Runway's security system?
7. Who does Andrea speak to at the party in Chapter 8?
8. Why does Andrea go to the Elias-Clark building? What overwhelms her there?
9. What mistake does Andrea make in Chapter 5?
10. How do Nigel and Andrea first become acquainted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is a character foil? Who is Andrea's foil in the novel? Why is this character the character foil?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the author of the novel "The Devil Wears Prada", Lauren Weisberger. What other books has she written? Is this novel similar to her other works in term of plot, tone and genre? How is her work received by critics?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze and interpret the conclusion of the novel "The Devil Wears Prada". What happens at the end of the novel? Are there any unanswered questions? Why might Weisberger have chosen to end the novel when she did? How has Andrea changed by the end of the novel?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)