|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Andrea leave the office unattended in Chapter 5?
(a) To get something from Miranda's nanny.
(b) To get some food.
(c) To go to Prada.
(d) To go to a doctor's meeting.
2. What unreleased book does Miranda order Andrea to obtain for her daughters?
(a) Oprah's new book club book.
(c) A Harry Potter book.
(d) A book written by a supermodel.
3. Where does Andrea hope to have a career some day?
(a) Newsweek magazine.
(b) The New Yorker magazine.
(c) National Geographic magazine.
(d) Time magazine.
4. What overwhelms Andrea a bit when she arrives for her interview at Runway?
(a) Having to pass through security.
(b) The noise of the city.
(c) The size of the building.
(d) The beautiful women everywhere.
5. What does Andrea comment about Lily in Chapter 5?
(a) That Lily is selfish but honest.
(b) That Lily is too pessimistic.
(c) That Lily is the most dependable person she knows.
(d) That Lily loves her life.
6. Which university does Lily go to?
(d) New York.
7. Why does Andrea consider herself lucky on her first day of work?
(a) There is not much work to do.
(b) She finds a penny on the ground.
(c) Miranda is away.
(d) She makes to lunchtime without embarassing herself.
8. What does Miranda's assistant tell Andrea she will be able to do after working for Miranda for a year?
(a) Take some time off work.
(b) Find herself a rich husband.
(c) Hire her own assistant.
(d) Take her pick of jobs in the publishing industry.
9. At the beginning of Chapter 1, what kind of car is Andrea driving?
(a) A Porsche.
(b) A Ferarri.
(c) A BMW.
(d) A Corvette.
10. What is Miranda's problem with the book delivery?
(a) The font is too small.
(b) The book jacket is not the right color.
(c) The book arrives slightly damaged.
(d) Only one book arrives.
11. What is "The Book"?
(a) The Bible.
(b) The compiled completed daily work at the magazine.
(c) Andrea's portfolio which she intends to show Miranda.
(d) Miranda's daily planner.
12. What is unique about the way Mr. Tomlinson speaks?
(a) He has a lisp.
(b) His speech is monotone.
(c) He speaks in the third person.
(d) He speaks French.
13. What is Andrea's sister's name?
14. What does Andrea fantasize about happening when she leaves the office to correct her mistake in Chapter 1?
(a) Quitting dramatically.
(b) Getting hit by a bus.
(c) Miranda dying.
(d) Winning the lottery.
15. What position does Miranda Priestly hold at Runway?
(a) She is editor-in-chief.
(b) She is the head writer.
(c) She is the CEO.
(d) She is the artistic director.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time does Miranda give Andrea to correct her supposed mistake in Chapter 1?
2. How does Andrea locate Miranda's car?
3. Who is Eduardo?
4. Why does Andrea cancel her dinner plans with Alex in Chapter 5?
5. What question does Miranda ask Andrea when she interviews her?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)