|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paul the Apostle counsel us to do?
(a) 'Question not the word of God.'
(b) 'Prove all things.'
(c) 'Have faith.'
(d) 'Be credulous unto miracles.'
2. What do we do when we discourage children from science?
(a) Disenfranchise them.
(b) Dishearten them.
(c) Destroy them.
(d) Disable them.
3. What may have been the decisive element in the Allied victory in World War II?
4. What is 'soul-stuff' not made of?
5. What advantage does science have over history?
(c) A lack of bias.
(d) Societal importance.
6. What does the Bible condone?
7. What piece of technology existed in 1860?
(a) The radio.
(b) The telegraph.
(c) The internal combustion engine.
(d) The television.
8. How is the name 'Spee' pronounced?
9. What is there so such thing as?
(a) A stupid idea.
(b) A stupid question.
(c) A stupid person.
(d) A stupid answer.
10. Who was Frederick Bailey?
(a) A slave.
(b) A police officer.
(c) A murderer.
(d) A landowner.
11. In what year was the Alien and Sedition Act created?
12. What do kids have an irresistible urge to do?
13. According to one critic, what is James Randi obsessed with?
(b) Exposing fruad.
14. What does the fortune-teller say to a client in Sagan's favorite cartoon?
(a) 'You have nice hands.'
(b) 'You have been abducted by aliens.'
(c) 'You are very gullible.'
(d) 'You will die soon.'
15. What sport does Carl Sagan like?
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Maxwell's calculations written in?
2. What is the path to freedom?
3. Why has quantum mechanics not been popularized?
4. What was Edward Teller an advocate of?
5. What is CSICOP?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)