|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. 'No Satan, ___________.'
(a) No God.
(b) No way.
(c) No problem.
(d) No worries.
2. 'It is a characteristic conceit of our species to put a human face on ____________________.'
(a) Assorted dimensional rifts.
(b) Random cosmic violence.
(c) Various interplanetary travels.
(d) Linear chaotic elements.
3. What does Carl Sagan say Howard Blum does not understand?
(a) Basic science and physics.
(c) Secrecy culture.
(d) His own obsession with UFOs.
4. What does Malleus Maleficarum mean?
(a) Witches and Warlocks.
(b) Hammer of Witches.
(c) Killer of Witches.
(d) Hunting for Witches.
5. Who is the father of medicine?
6. When was Sputnik 1 launched?
(a) October 4, 1947.
(b) October 4, 1977.
(c) October 4, 1967.
(d) October 4, 1957.
7. What percentage of American women were sexually abused during childhood?
(a) One in eight.
(b) One in twenty.
(c) One in ten.
(d) One in four.
8. What country is Nicholas Spanos from?
9. What percentage of Americans are "scientifically illiterate?"
10. How many UFO reports have there been since 1947?
(a) Approximately half a million.
(b) Over a million.
(c) Six hundred and twenty thousand.
11. What does magic require from the audience?
(b) Ticket sales.
12. What is Carl Sagan in love with?
(a) His mistress.
13. What tone does Einstein use in his paper on Special Relativity?
14. What did the Count of St. Germain claim to be?
(b) A wizard.
(c) An alien.
15. What did Travis Walton's mother say when her son was hit by alien lightning and taken into space?
(a) 'You've got to be kidding me.'
(b) 'Well, that's the way these things happen.'
(c) 'He's not in space, he's living in my basement.'
(d) 'Get off my lawn or I'll shoot you.'
Short Answer Questions
1. What tabloid carried headlines about Martian civilizations?
2. Who wrote On the Distinction Between True and False Visions?
3. What university did John Mack attend?
4. What does Carl see every time he looks at the moon?
5. Who wrote A Candle in the Dark?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)