|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Paul Ingram, a man who was hypnotized and falsely recalled abusing his daughter, at the time of writing?
(a) In prison.
(b) On a permanent fundamentalist retreat.
(c) In a psychiatric ward.
(d) Free after having the charges dropped.
2. What does LGM stand for?
(a) Linear Gravitational Molecule.
(b) Little Green Men.
(c) Lima Gamma Monotheism.
(d) Lesser Gaseous Mass.
3. What did King James refer to as the 'devil's weed?'
4. What did John Glenn report seeing outside his spacecraft?
5. What does each field of science have?
(a) An unsolvable dilemma that leads to superstition.
(b) Its own complement of pseudeoscience.
(c) Fans and well-wishers.
(d) Supreme knowledge in its own area.
6. What percentage of Americans are "scientifically illiterate?"
7. Which branch of science cannot foretell the future?
8. Who wrote On the Distinction Between True and False Visions?
(a) Jean Chrétien.
(b) Jean Gerson.
(c) Joan of Arc.
(d) Jean Petit.
9. What is the title of this chapter?
(a) The Dragon in My Garage.
(b) The Fine Art of Baloney Detection.
(c) When Scientists Know Sin.
(d) The City of Grief.
10. What is at the core of the Earth?
(b) Molten rock.
(c) A perfect crystal.
(d) Atomic fire.
11. Where on Mars is the 'face' located?
(a) Planum Australe.
(d) Iani Chaos.
12. Around what time did the attitude of the Church change towards visions?
(a) Around the beginning of the fifteenth century.
(b) The church's attitude towards visions has never changed.
(c) In the approximate middle of the fourteenth century.
(d) Around the end of the seventeenth century.
13. What do religions use to validate themselves?
14. What is Carl Sagan in love with?
(b) His mistress.
15. Who wrote A Candle in the Dark?
(a) John Salem.
(b) George Burroughs.
(c) Elton John.
(d) Thomas Ady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country is Nicholas Spanos from?
2. 'No Satan, ___________.'
3. In Sagan's analogy, what is living in the garage?
4. What does magic require from the audience?
5. What university did John Mack attend?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)