|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to P.T. Barnum, what is born every minute?
(a) A sucker.
(b) A circus freak.
(c) A Republican.
(d) Five hundred chickens.
2. What must advertisers know?
(a) How to lie.
(b) Human nature.
(c) Their audience.
(d) Everything about their product.
3. 'Spirit' comes from the Latin word for what?
4. 'It is a characteristic conceit of our species to put a human face on ____________________.'
(a) Various interplanetary travels.
(b) Assorted dimensional rifts.
(c) Random cosmic violence.
(d) Linear chaotic elements.
5. What is Congress dissolving as Carl writes this book?
(a) The Council for Scientific Awareness.
(b) The Office of Technology Assessment.
(c) The Department of Agriculture.
(d) The National Board of Science.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has quantum mechanics not been popularized?
2. What was Silas Newton's alien gear made of?
3. What is Carl Sagan's hometown?
4. How long did it take for history to pass from god-driven to human-driven?
5. What does every generation worry about?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)