|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 19.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to those who criticized witch-burning?
(a) They were burned.
(b) They were imprisoned.
(c) They were given a special forum.
(d) They were exiled.
2. What word means 'knowledge' in Greek?
3. What does Paul the Apostle counsel us to do?
(a) 'Be credulous unto miracles.'
(b) 'Question not the word of God.'
(c) 'Have faith.'
(d) 'Prove all things.'
4. Witches were burned because the 'Church abhors ____________.'
(a) The winter.
5. What did U.S. students average on a global algebra test?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did King James refer to as the 'devil's weed?'
2. In 1993, how many of the people of China, as in America, knew the Earth went around the sun once a year?
3. Who do not know enough not to ask important questions?
4. What are the chances of being cured at Lourdes?
5. In a year, how many school days are there in Japan compared to the 180 of the United States?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)