|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city does the family live in?
(b) St. Petersberg.
2. At the beginning of the novel, what does the main character associate the name "Luzhin" with?
(c) His father.
(d) His mother.
3. Who interrupts the chess game?
(a) The substitute teacher.
(b) The janitor.
(c) The class bully.
(d) A new student.
4. Who is depicted atop the bookcase in the new apartment?
5. Who meets Luzhin and his new wife when they arrive home after their reception?
(a) Close friends of Mrs. Luzhin.
(b) No one.
(c) Their new servant.
(d) Luzhin's new in-laws.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why have Luzhin's parents put off telling him that they've enrolled him in a school?
2. What is Luzhin doing when he notices two other students taking out a chess set?
3. How does Luzhin think fellow students feel about him?
4. Where does Luzhin tell his father he learned to play chess?
5. Who do the drunk men find waiting up by a lighted window at Luzhin's fiancee's parents' house?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)