|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Luzhin do the previous Christmas with the chocolates meant for his aunt?
(a) He ate half and rearranged the rest to hide the missing ones.
(b) He carefully wrapped each chocolate and arranged them in the box for her.
(c) He kept the chocolates and gave her a different preset.
(d) He put the chocolates in a new box to give to her.
2. When Luzhin comes back to his family's house, where in the house does he hide?
(a) The attic.
(b) The sewing room.
(c) The cellar.
(d) The carriage house.
3. At the beginning of the novel, what does the main character associate the name "Luzhin" with?
(b) His mother.
(d) His father.
4. Where is Luzhin's father when the idea for a novel about a boy like his son hits him?
(a) At a restaurant, waiting for a meeting that never happens.
(b) At a park, passing the time before his train is due to leave.
(c) At a train station, waiting for his son, who doesn't show up.
(d) At a bar, waiting for a date who doesn't show up.
5. What did Luzhin place in the German chess tournament in his youth?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is young Luzhin at the beginning of the novel?
2. When Luzhin meets his future wife's mother, what is the mother's opinion of him?
3. What anniversary of Luzhin's grandfather's death is it at the beginning of Chapter 3?
4. Where does Luzhin tell his father he learned to play chess?
5. When Luzhin's family arrives in the city, where does Luzhin run off to?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)