|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What painting does Luzhin take note of in his fiancee's parents' home?
(a) A painting of two dogs on a sofa.
(b) A painting of the buildings of Moscow.
(c) A painting of a Russian girl eating an apple.
(d) A painting of a horse and carriage in winter.
2. How long does Luzhin stay at his aunt's?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Four hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Two hours.
3. When Luzhin's fiancee's father meets Luzhin, what does he offer the chess champion?
(a) A glass of wine.
(b) A cigarette.
(c) A glass of water.
(d) A snack.
4. Who sketches Luzhin and Turati at the chess tournament in Berlin?
(a) Luzhin's fiancee.
(b) A local portrait painter.
(c) A newspaper sketch artist.
(d) A famous sculpter.
5. When Luzhin suggests teaching his son chess, where in the country house do they find a chess set?
(a) In the cellar.
(b) In the library.
(c) In the attic.
(d) Under the stairs.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Luzhin place in the German chess tournament in his youth?
2. Who does Luzhin's future wife make him think of, when he first meets him?
3. When does Luzhin's father return after going into town during the summer?
4. What does Luzhin do immediately after proposing to his future wife?
5. What do Luzhin and his father go to gather under the fir trees?
This section contains 257 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)