|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Teresa announces at an awkward time that
(a) She is pregnant
(b) She is jealous of Joey's attention to Beth
(c) She is going home
(d) She is out of patience
2. Bringing presents for Ben is referred to as
(a) A selfish move
(b) A mean-spirited act
(c) A huge mistake
(d) A ritual
3. Why does Candy want to go to Minneapolis?
(a) She wants to see her family
(b) She needs a break from work
(c) There has been a sighting of Ben
(d) She thinks Ben has been killed there
4. What kind of event is Beth Cappadora attending when Ben disappears?
(a) A high school class reunion
(b) A large family reunion
(c) A gathering for photographers
(d) A college reunion
5. After Ben's disappearance, how does the reunion go?
(a) It turns into a riot
(b) It ends abruptly
(c) The partiers carry on
(d) It becomes a little subdued
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of school did Beth attend?
2. How does Beth feel about the memory of Ben?
3. Why is Sarah Chan somewhat unlikeable?
4. Vincent intercepts Kerry
5. Who was assigned to watch Ben when he disappeared?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tree's husband curse at her for announcing her pregnancy?
2. What is the theme of the restaurant opened by Pat and his father in Chicago?
3. What does the reader learn about Beth's weekend in Chicago and Candy's wedding photos?
4. Why does Reese feel he cannot have a paper route?
5. What leads to Beth's agreement to move to Chicago so that Pat can open a new restaurant with his father?
6. Beth does not know much about her children. What is an example?
7. Discuss Beth's feelings toward her high school classmate, Cecil Lockhart.
8. How does the reader come to know how bright Vincent is, even though he is an underachiever?
9. An example of how 12-year old Vincent is having to care for his sister is provided in this chapter. Describe it.
10. What is Beth's burning question for the group at Compassionate Circle?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)