|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a clue to Pat's current attitude toward Beth?
(a) He is attentive and kind
(b) He asks to have her knocked out
(c) He cannot touch her during the press interview
(d) He makes excuses for her
2. Teresa announces at an awkward time that
(a) She is going home
(b) She is jealous of Joey's attention to Beth
(c) She is pregnant
(d) She is out of patience
3. When was the idea for the restaurant born?
(a) When Ben disappeared
(b) After Vincent's birth
(c) After Jill's wedding in Cappadora's
(d) Years prior in Italy
4. Why does Ellen blame herself for Ben's disappearance?
(a) She had said she would watch Ben while Ellen took care of business
(b) She wanted Beth to bring her kids along to the reunion
(c) She is the one who pushed Beth to go to the reunion.
(d) She put Beth's room on her credit card, forcing Beth to go to the hotel desk
5. What does Reese do at night while he is in bed?
(a) Listens to opera
(b) Plays music in his head
(c) Plots a way to leave home
(d) Works out math problems
Short Answer Questions
1. Vincent's academic abilities are
2. When Ben goes missing, who decides to call the police?
3. In the family restaurant, Vincent gets to overhear
4. What does her friend Laurie want Beth to do?
5. What piece of evidence has been found that points to kidnapping?
Short Essay Questions
1. What makes Ben's disappearance an increasing nightmare for Beth Cappadora?
2. What is poor little Vincent's most pressing fear at this time?
3. Where has Beth been spending time in Chicago, and why?
4. Why does the FBI become involved in the case?
5. When Candy announces she will be married, what does Beth decide?
6. How does Christmas eve turn into a debacle at the Cappadoras'?
7. Describe in your own words the type of family the Cappadoras represent. Many aspects of their shared character have been illustrated; put into adjectives how you are seeing their family.
8. Who volunteers to identify the body of a child at the morgue, and why?
9. What is ironic about Beth's feeling that, if she loves her other children, she will be "cheating" on Ben?
10. An example of how 12-year old Vincent is having to care for his sister is provided in this chapter. Describe it.
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)