|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Beth was brought up
(a) As a Catholic
(b) As a Muslim
(c) As a Baptist
(d) As a Jew
2. When was the idea for the restaurant born?
(a) After Vincent's birth
(b) When Ben disappeared
(c) Years prior in Italy
(d) After Jill's wedding in Cappadora's
3. Why did Beth fail to photograph Candy's wedding?
(a) She was drunk and in a hotel room with Nick
(b) She drank too much at lunch and fell to sleep
(c) Beth decided she could not handle a wedding
(d) Candy told her to forget it and relax
4. Eventually, Beth begins to
(a) Search the towns for Ben
(b) Leave town for periods of time
(c) Take jobs outside the house
(d) Dress like a bum
5. Why does little Ben think you can never come back from the deep end of the ocean?
(a) Because the ocean is too deep to swim in
(b) Because the water will wash away your footprints
(c) Because you will want to stay there
(d) Because the sharks will eat you
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ben ask Santa to bring for Christmas?
2. What are the bionic noses?
3. What does Vincent secretly fear about his mother?
4. Vincent has taken to sleeping
5. Pat Cappadora arrives with an attitude of
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Beth's weekend in Chicago and Candy's wedding photos?
2. Discuss the significance of the discovery of Ben's small shoe.
3. Why does Reese feel he cannot have a paper route?
4. Describe in your own words the type of family the Cappadoras represent. Many aspects of their shared character have been illustrated; put into adjectives how you are seeing their family.
5. What gift does Vincent's grandfather give him as they discuss grief?
6. Why does the FBI become involved in the case?
7. There are many indications that Beth is not necessarily a mature woman, or the ideal partner to Pat. Examine these two chapters and analyze at least two instances that illustrate what you think the reader is learning about Beth Cappadora.
8. What does Dr. Kilgore teach Reese about defending himself?
9. How does Christmas eve turn into a debacle at the Cappadoras'?
10. What does the family counseling session reveal to Dr. Kilgore?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)