|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The second shoe on the podium was planted for what event?
(a) A conference on forensics
(b) An anniversary party
(c) Another scheduled reunion of Beth's high school class
(d) A meeting of the Search for Ben committee
2. After Ben's disappearance, how does the reunion go?
(a) It becomes a little subdued
(b) It ends abruptly
(c) It turns into a riot
(d) The partiers carry on
3. When Beth makes an angry statement on camera, Candy Bliss
(a) Coaches Beth to be nice
(b) Tells Beth she cannot help her
(c) Decides they cannot use the piece
(d) Supports Beth's truthfulness
4. Reese is privately very concerned about
(a) His grades in school
(b) His doctor's approval
(c) His physical health
(d) His mother's job
5. Teresa announces at an awkward time that
(a) She is going home
(b) She is out of patience
(c) She is jealous of Joey's attention to Beth
(d) She is pregnant
Short Answer Questions
1. Pat Cappadora arrives with an attitude of
2. How does Beth try to cope with her grief?
3. Vincent pulls back from his mother because she
4. Why does little Ben think you can never come back from the deep end of the ocean?
5. Beth's attitude toward her husband and children is
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Vincent's father finally say to Beth about Ben's loss?
2. What makes Ben's disappearance an increasing nightmare for Beth Cappadora?
3. Why does Candy want to take Beth shopping?
4. What does Dr. Kilgore teach Reese about defending himself?
5. Discuss the significance of the discovery of Ben's small shoe.
6. Discuss the hotel's delicate treatment of Beth and Pat as they leave the Tremont Hotel. Is there layered meaning in their gestures? If so, describe them.
7. What conversation sets off Reese's heart palpitations while in Dr. Kilgore's office?
8. What does Beth's willingness to see a psychic indicate? What is Loretta's message?
9. Why does Beth agree with Laurie to undertake a photography job?
10. What gift does Vincent's grandfather give him as they discuss grief?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)