|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 13 and 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually, Beth begins to
(a) Dress like a bum
(b) Take jobs outside the house
(c) Search the towns for Ben
(d) Leave town for periods of time
2. Why does little Ben think you can never come back from the deep end of the ocean?
(a) Because you will want to stay there
(b) Because the ocean is too deep to swim in
(c) Because the water will wash away your footprints
(d) Because the sharks will eat you
3. Charlie Rufalo is probably
(a) A blue collar criminal
(b) An undercover FBI agent
(c) A member of the Mafia
(d) A fair weather friend
4. Why does Beth spend so much time in Candy's office?
(a) It is where she feels closest to Ben
(b) It is a place of peace and quiet
(c) She wants Candy to protect her
(d) She can escape the press there
5. How does Beth try to cope with her grief?
(a) She volunteers to watch the neighbors' children
(b) She decies to be completely honest with Pat
(c) She only partcipates in a minor way and stays "checked out" most of the time
(d) She jumps in and cleans her house
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ben's age on the day he disappears?
2. Ben has a fear of
3. Why does Beth reject Vincent's loving gestures toward her?
4. How does Beth perceive the subjects she photographs?
5. Beth's attitude toward her husband and children is
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)