Chapters 1 and 2
• Beth, not a particularly kind wife and mother, leaves for her high school reunion with her children and niece in tow
• Vincent, a troubled and distant young boy, and Pat Cappadora, Beth's husband are introduced, as well as the toddler, Ben, and baby Kerry
• Beth looks forward to getting drunk with her old friend, Ellen, and her high school sweetheart, Nick
• Beth is a successful photographer, rivaled only by Cecil Lockhart, a classmate who has had some success as an actress
• Class reunion attendees are gathered in the lobby of the Chicago hotel
• Beth goes to the desk to pay for her room and leaves Ben with his brother, Vincent; Ben disappears in the crowd
• No one is able to find Ben, who is three years old. The Illinois Emergency Network gets involved, police arrive.
• Beth is in shock and drinking heavily
• Candy Bliss, a detective...
This section contains 2,353 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)