|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peronella's lover do while she supervises her husband?
(a) looks for his underwear.
(b) runs out of the house and disappears.
(c) eats some of Peronella's apple pie.
(d) uses her position to pleasure them both.
2. What do two men who know Brother Onion well suspect?
(a) that he is going to work a miracle.
(b) that he is trying to trick the villagers.
(c) that he has run out of stories to tell.
(d) that he does not really have a feather to show.
3. What does Monna Giovanna's son want to possess?
(a) Frederico's horse.
(b) Frederico's farm.
(c) Frederico's falcon.
(d) Frederico's daughter.
4. What is Bondone's profession?
(a) he is a noted composer.
(b) he is a knight in the court.
(c) he is a noted artist.
(d) he is a prominent merchant.
5. How does he explain the charcoal?
(a) that it is a relic from the destruction of Jerusalem.
(b) that it is a relic from a fire where Jesus warmed his hands.
(c) that it is a relic of the destruction of Sodom.
(d) that it is a relic of St. Lorenzo who was burned at the stake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Brother Onion's servant to leave his post?
2. As they travel along, what do Rabatta and Bondone begin to do?
3. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
4. Why do the villagers look forward to the arrival of the monk from St. Anthony's monastery?
5. What retort does the wayward nun have for the abbess?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)