|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they travel along, what do Rabatta and Bondone begin to do?
(a) insult each other about their looks.
(b) sing songs to keep up their courage.
(c) play a guessing game.
(d) discuss their respective businesses.
2. Why has Peronella's husband come home in the middle of the day?
(a) to spend more time with his wife.
(b) to sell the barrel that takes up room in their house.
(c) to look for some tools he forgot that morning.
(d) to get something to eat.
3. What suddenly happens to Monna Giovanna's son?
(a) he commits a crime.
(b) he becomes ill.
(c) he runs away to the city.
(d) he falls in love with a farm girl.
4. What do Messer Forese da Rabatta and Giotto di Bondone have in common with the Baronci family?
(a) they are Napalitans.
(b) they are religious.
(c) they are Romans.
(d) they are ugly.
5. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic stones, how do his friends play a trick on him?
(a) they pretend that he can read their minds.
(b) they pretend that he knows the future.
(c) they pretend that he has super human strength.
(d) they pretend that he is invisible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bondone say people would think after looking at Rabatta?
2. What is the occupation of the man Peronella marries?
3. What does Frederico, now a poor man, determine to do when Monna Giovanna comes calling?
4. At what point does Pietro speak and break the spell?
5. What do the simple-minded Pietro and his wife want Don Gianni to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the painters, Calandrino, Bruno, and Buffalmacco.
2. When Monna Giovanna's son becomes seriously ill, what does he tell her might make him better?
3. How does Brother Onion recover when he takes the charcoal out of the box instead of the feather?
4. What is the result of a man sneaking into an Abbess' cell after he has fallen in love with her?
5. Besides his homely countenance, describe what Messer Forese da Rabatta is noted for.
6. What plan does Caterina devise in order to be with Ricciardo?
7. What is the result of Frederigo's attempts to impress Monna Giovanna?
8. What is the sad situation with Frederigo, a man of noble birth?
9. How does Calandrino learn that the magic has gone out of the rocks?
10. What happens that Don Gianni declares has broken the spell to change Pietro's wife into a mare?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)