|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the transgression of the abbess who is told in the middle of the night about a nun who has been caught with her lover?
(a) the abbess also has a lover.
(b) the abbess worships the Devil.
(c) the abbess is a vicious gossip.
(d) the abbess takes opium.
2. As they travel along, what do Rabatta and Bondone begin to do?
(a) discuss their respective businesses.
(b) insult each other about their looks.
(c) sing songs to keep up their courage.
(d) play a guessing game.
3. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
(a) they wait until Caterina's father leaves the house.
(b) they slip back into the house.
(c) they fall asleep.
(d) they cannot find their clothes.
4. How does Ricciardo avoid being killed for his transgression?
(a) he pretends that he has lost him memory.
(b) he agrees to marry Caterina.
(c) he agrees to pay a bag of gold.
(d) he jumps naked from the balcony and runs away.
5. When Rabatta and Bondone meet on the road to Florence, what happens to cause them to seek shelter?
(a) it starts to rain.
(b) the night falls suddenly.
(c) highwaymen are spotted.
(d) a high wind begins to blow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men leave in Brother Onion's room?
2. What do the two men who know Brother Onion plan to do?
3. Who discovers the two lovers the next morning in their compromising situation?
4. After the death of her husband, where does Monna Giovanna take her son?
5. Where does Peronella tell her lover to hide?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the painters, Calandrino, Bruno, and Buffalmacco.
2. What happens when the two men come to confess to Brother Onion what they had done.?
3. When Monna Giovanna's son becomes seriously ill, what does he tell her might make him better?
4. What is the result of a man sneaking into an Abbess' cell after he has fallen in love with her?
5. What is the reply that Bondone gives Rabatta after his insult?
6. What is the result of Frederigo's attempts to impress Monna Giovanna?
7. Besides his homely countenance, describe what Messer Forese da Rabatta is noted for.
8. What happens that Don Gianni declares has broken the spell to change Pietro's wife into a mare?
9. How does the affair between Caterina and Ricciardo work itself out?
10. How are Caterina and Ricciardo found out?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)