|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Caterina give for wanting to change her sleeping arrangements?
(a) she says she likes to sleep under the stars.
(b) she says it is too hot in her bed and she cannot sleep.
(c) she says the fresh night air is good for her.
(d) she says she is all grown up now.
2. How does Peronella explain the man who is in the barrel?
(a) that he is a carpenter repairing the barrel.
(b) that he is a buyer who is examining the barrel.
(c) that he is a musician looking for a barrel drum.
(d) that he is a magician looking for a trick barrel.
3. At what point does Pietro speak and break the spell?
(a) when he asks Gianni to repeat placing the tail.
(b) when he asks his wife if she now feels like a mare.
(c) when he objects to where Gianni places the tail on his wife.
(d) when he asks to place the tail on his wife himself.
4. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
(a) Ricciardo's dagger.
(b) her beloved nightingale.
(c) a bouquet of roses.
(d) the bedpost.
5. What do two men who know Brother Onion well suspect?
(a) that he does not really have a feather to show.
(b) that he is trying to trick the villagers.
(c) that he has run out of stories to tell.
(d) that he is going to work a miracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peronella tell her lover to hide?
2. What happens when Brother Onion reaches into the box supposedly containing Gabriel's feather?
3. How do Gualtieri and his wife get back together?
4. What do the men leave in Brother Onion's room?
5. What is the avocation of Gualtieri, the son of a wealthy marquis in Saluzzo?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unusual thing causes Peronella and her lover to look for a place to hide him?
2. How does Don Gianni di Barolo have his way with the wife of Pietro da Tresanti while Pietro looks on?
3. How does Peronella turn the situation around and get her husband inside the barrel.
4. What is the result of Frederigo's attempts to impress Monna Giovanna?
5. What is the reply that Bondone gives Rabatta after his insult?
6. How are Caterina and Ricciardo found out?
7. What plan does Caterina devise in order to be with Ricciardo?
8. How does Brother Onion recover when he takes the charcoal out of the box instead of the feather?
9. When two of Brother Onion's friends see him in the village proclaiming he will show a feather from the angel Gabriel, what do they plan to do?
10. Besides his homely countenance, describe what Messer Forese da Rabatta is noted for.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)