|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the wayward nun respond to the abbess' reprimand?
(a) she is unrepentant.
(b) she is immediately contrite.
(c) she dies suddenly.
(d) she hides her face in shame.
2. Why do the villagers look forward to the arrival of the monk from St. Anthony's monastery?
(a) they like to help the monks.
(b) they have a feast when he comes.
(c) they like to hear his stories.
(d) they know he brings gifts.
3. While Peronella's husband is inside cleaning the barrel, what is Peronella doing?
(a) rushing her lover out of the house.
(b) scolding her husband for leaving work.
(c) bending over the barrel to supervise.
(d) trying to think where her lover will get the money.
4. Who is the somewhat spoiled Caterina?
(a) the daughter of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
(b) the sister of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
(c) the cousin of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
(d) the wife of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
5. What do the other nuns expect the abbess to do to the nun with a lover?
(a) punish her.
(b) forgive her.
(c) send her to her village.
(d) give her a vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the two friends tell Brother Onion what they had done?
2. At what point does Pietro speak and break the spell?
3. What does Monna Giovanna offer Frederico for the fortune he lost trying to please her?
4. What happens when Ricciardo learns of Caterina's love for him?
5. As they travel along, what do Rabatta and Bondone begin to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the sad situation with Frederigo, a man of noble birth?
2. What is the reply that Bondone gives Rabatta after his insult?
3. When two of Brother Onion's friends see him in the village proclaiming he will show a feather from the angel Gabriel, what do they plan to do?
4. On the way home in the rain, what is Rabatta's insulting comment about his friend, Bondone?
5. When collecting alms from a nearby village, what does Brother Onion use to get the people to give freely?
6. What is the result of Frederigo's attempts to impress Monna Giovanna?
7. What does the daughter of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight, do that her father knows nothing about?
8. When Monna Giovanna's son becomes seriously ill, what does he tell her might make him better?
9. What is the result of a man sneaking into an Abbess' cell after he has fallen in love with her?
10. Why do several nuns come to the Abbess' door in the middle of the night?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)