|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frederico, now a poor man, determine to do when Monna Giovanna comes calling?
(a) order her off his property.
(b) cook the falcon to serve her for dinner.
(c) hide from her.
(d) declare his love for her.
2. After Tingoccio dies, what does he do that he had promised Meuccio in life?
(a) show himself to the evil monk in the village.
(b) return to tell what it is like after death.
(c) return to light candles in the church.
(d) haunt Meuccio's wife.
3. With whom does Caterina fall in love?
(a) Ricciardo Manardi da Brettinoro, an enemy of Lizio di Valbona.
(b) Ricciardo Manardi da Brettinoro, a friend of Lizio di Valbona.
(c) Juan Carlos da Vinci, a cousin of Lizio di Valbona.
(d) Berto della Massa, a notorious liar.
4. When the weather does not change, what do Rabatta and Bondone decide to do?
(a) go back the way they came.
(b) stay the night.
(c) rent a carriage.
(d) continue their trek.
5. What do the two men who know Brother Onion plan to do?
(a) slip into his room and steal the feather.
(b) glue the lid shut on the box containing the feather.
(c) exchange the white feather for a black one.
(d) exchange the feather for a turkey feather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the abbess mistake for her veil in the darkness?
2. What is Peronella's occupation?
3. What does Caterina say she wants to hear at night?
4. What do the villagers know of the Brother from St. Anthony's who comes once a year?
5. After the death of her husband, where does Monna Giovanna take her son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Caterina and Ricciardo found out?
2. How does the affair between Caterina and Ricciardo work itself out?
3. What is the sad situation with Frederigo, a man of noble birth?
4. How does Brother Onion recover when he takes the charcoal out of the box instead of the feather?
5. Besides his homely countenance, describe what Messer Forese da Rabatta is noted for.
6. Although Frederigo would give anything to Monna Giovanna, why is it impossible for him to give her the falcon?
7. Why do several nuns come to the Abbess' door in the middle of the night?
8. Describe the painters, Calandrino, Bruno, and Buffalmacco.
9. How does Peronella turn the situation around and get her husband inside the barrel.
10. On the way home in the rain, what is Rabatta's insulting comment about his friend, Bondone?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)