|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Don Gianni di Barolo and Pietro da Tresanti?
(a) businessmen who deal in trading goods.
(c) competitors for the same lover.
(d) bankers who extort money from the poor.
2. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
(a) the bedpost.
(b) Ricciardo's dagger.
(c) her beloved nightingale.
(d) a bouquet of roses.
3. What warning does Don Gianni give the couple before he casts his spell?
(a) if they do not comply the spell will be broken.
(b) if they look the spell will be broken.
(c) if they speak, the spell will be broken.
(d) if they write anything the spell will be broken.
4. When the weather does not change, what do Rabatta and Bondone decide to do?
(a) stay the night.
(b) continue their trek.
(c) rent a carriage.
(d) go back the way they came.
5. What happens when the two friends tell Brother Onion what they had done?
(a) they agree that everything worked out well.
(b) Brother Onion gives them absolution.
(c) Brother Onion kicks both of them.
(d) they all have a good laugh.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
2. What does Don Gianni di Barolo have that shows his wealth?
3. What causes Brother Onion's servant to leave his post?
4. After Tingoccio dies, what does he do that he had promised Meuccio in life?
5. What does Frederico, now a poor man, determine to do when Monna Giovanna comes calling?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the two men come to confess to Brother Onion what they had done.?
2. Explain how Peronella gets away with having a lover.
3. What plan does Caterina devise in order to be with Ricciardo?
4. Explain the kind of work done by another ugly man by the name of Giotto di Bondone.
5. What is the result of Frederigo's attempts to impress Monna Giovanna?
6. How does the nun know that the abbess cannot punish her?
7. How does Calandrino learn that the magic has gone out of the rocks?
8. What happens that Don Gianni declares has broken the spell to change Pietro's wife into a mare?
9. How does the affair between Caterina and Ricciardo work itself out?
10. What is the reply that Bondone gives Rabatta after his insult?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)