|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Caterina fall in love?
(a) Juan Carlos da Vinci, a cousin of Lizio di Valbona.
(b) Berto della Massa, a notorious liar.
(c) Ricciardo Manardi da Brettinoro, an enemy of Lizio di Valbona.
(d) Ricciardo Manardi da Brettinoro, a friend of Lizio di Valbona.
2. What does Caterina beg her parents to allow her to do?
(a) to sleep in another part of the house.
(b) to sleep in a room by herself.
(c) to sleep on the balcony outside her bedroom.
(d) to sleep under an arbor in the garden.
3. What retort does the wayward nun have for the abbess?
(a) that her lover is the brother of the abbess' lover.
(b) that she is also guilty and wears a man's pants on her head.
(c) that the abbess just does not know what she has missed.
(d) that the abbess wears a table cloth on her head.
4. What does Gianni have the wife do before casting his spell?
(a) she has to remove her clothes and prance around the room.
(b) she has to whinny like a mare.
(c) she has to put a blindfold on her husband.
(d) she has to remove her clothes and get down on all fours.
5. What does Don Gianni di Barolo have that shows his wealth?
(a) a wagon to transport his goods.
(b) a donkey to transport his goods.
(c) a servant to transport his goods.
(d) a mare to transport his goods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frederigo waste his fortune?
2. When Gualtieri finally marries, what does he decide to do?
3. What is Bondone's profession?
4. What do the two men who know Brother Onion plan to do?
5. What does Caterina say she wants to hear at night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that Don Gianni declares has broken the spell to change Pietro's wife into a mare?
2. Why do several nuns come to the Abbess' door in the middle of the night?
3. When Monna Giovanna's son becomes seriously ill, what does he tell her might make him better?
4. Explain how Peronella gets away with having a lover.
5. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic rocks, what do Bruno and Buffalmacco decide to do.
6. How does Don Gianni di Barolo have his way with the wife of Pietro da Tresanti while Pietro looks on?
7. How does Peronella turn the situation around and get her husband inside the barrel.
8. What does the daughter of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight, do that her father knows nothing about?
9. Describe the painters, Calandrino, Bruno, and Buffalmacco.
10. How does Brother Onion recover when he takes the charcoal out of the box instead of the feather?
This section contains 863 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)