|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gualtieri finally marries, what does he decide to do?
(a) lock his wife away in a tower.
(b) kill his wife and marry a young girl.
(c) test his wife to see if she is faithful.
(d) share his wife with his cousin.
2. Why does the Brother from St. Anthony's monastery travel each year to a nearby village?
(a) to collect alms.
(b) to give alms.
(c) to take confessions.
(d) to feed the poor.
3. After the death of her husband, where does Monna Giovanna take her son?
(a) to the country near Frederigo's farm.
(b) to live with his grandfather.
(c) on an extended trip.
(d) to the south of Italy.
4. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
(a) the bedpost.
(b) Ricciardo's dagger.
(c) her beloved nightingale.
(d) a bouquet of roses.
5. After her son dies, what does Monna Giovanna decide to do?
(a) kill Frederico.
(b) join a convent.
(c) buy Frederico a new falcon.
(d) marry Frederico.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peronella explain the man who is in the barrel?
2. What do the other nuns expect the abbess to do to the nun with a lover?
3. What does the abbess intend to do when she confronts the wayward nun?
4. How does Calandrino know that he no longer has magic powers?
5. What does Don Gianni di Barolo have that shows his wealth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when the two men come to confess to Brother Onion what they had done.?
2. How does Don Gianni di Barolo have his way with the wife of Pietro da Tresanti while Pietro looks on?
3. How does Peronella turn the situation around and get her husband inside the barrel.
4. Besides his homely countenance, describe what Messer Forese da Rabatta is noted for.
5. How does the affair between Caterina and Ricciardo work itself out?
6. Why do several nuns come to the Abbess' door in the middle of the night?
7. When collecting alms from a nearby village, what does Brother Onion use to get the people to give freely?
8. What does the daughter of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight, do that her father knows nothing about?
9. What is the sad situation with Frederigo, a man of noble birth?
10. When Monna Giovanna's son becomes seriously ill, what does he tell her might make him better?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)