|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rabatta insult Bondone?
(a) by saying he is so ugly a mirror breaks when he looks in.
(b) by saying it is good that he is not an artist's model.
(c) by saying that he should paint his face to hide the ugly.
(d) by saying a look at him and no one would guess he is an artist.
2. What does Peronella do shortly after her marriage?
(a) she buys a new house.
(b) she collects and sells barrels.
(c) she takes a lover.
(d) she opens a shop.
3. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
(a) Ricciardo's dagger.
(b) her beloved nightingale.
(c) the bedpost.
(d) a bouquet of roses.
4. What do Messer Forese da Rabatta and Giotto di Bondone have in common with the Baronci family?
(a) they are religious.
(b) they are Romans.
(c) they are Napalitans.
(d) they are ugly.
5. What do the other nuns expect the abbess to do to the nun with a lover?
(a) send her to her village.
(b) punish her.
(c) give her a vacation.
(d) forgive her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caterina say she wants to hear at night?
2. What warning does Don Gianni give the couple before he casts his spell?
3. What friendship does Monna Giovanna's son strike up in the country?
4. How does Peronella explain the man who is in the barrel?
5. Where does Tingoccio tell Meuccio he now is?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brother Onion recover when he takes the charcoal out of the box instead of the feather?
2. How does the affair between Caterina and Ricciardo work itself out?
3. What is the result of a man sneaking into an Abbess' cell after he has fallen in love with her?
4. How does Don Gianni di Barolo have his way with the wife of Pietro da Tresanti while Pietro looks on?
5. What is the reply that Bondone gives Rabatta after his insult?
6. How does Peronella turn the situation around and get her husband inside the barrel.
7. Although Frederigo would give anything to Monna Giovanna, why is it impossible for him to give her the falcon?
8. How does the nun know that the abbess cannot punish her?
9. What plan does Caterina devise in order to be with Ricciardo?
10. On the way home in the rain, what is Rabatta's insulting comment about his friend, Bondone?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)