|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caterina say she wants to hear at night?
(a) the nightingale.
(b) the troubadors.
(c) the breeze in the trees.
(d) the crickets.
2. With whom does Tingoccio have an affair?
(a) Meuccio's wife.
(b) the woman who is the mother of Tingoccio's godson.
(c) Meuccio's daughter.
(d) the wife of his nearest neighbor.
3. With whom does Caterina fall in love?
(a) Ricciardo Manardi da Brettinoro, an enemy of Lizio di Valbona.
(b) Berto della Massa, a notorious liar.
(c) Ricciardo Manardi da Brettinoro, a friend of Lizio di Valbona.
(d) Juan Carlos da Vinci, a cousin of Lizio di Valbona.
4. Who discovers the two lovers the next morning in their compromising situation?
(a) Messer Lizio di Valbona.
(b) Caterina's brother.
(c) the butler.
(d) Caterina's mother.
5. How does Peronella explain the man who is in the barrel?
(a) that he is a magician looking for a trick barrel.
(b) that he is a carpenter repairing the barrel.
(c) that he is a musician looking for a barrel drum.
(d) that he is a buyer who is examining the barrel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Frederigo leave the city for his farm?
2. Where do the two men who played the trick go the next day?
3. What does Monna Giovanna's son want to possess?
4. What does Monna Giovanna discover after dinner?
5. What happens when Brother Onion reaches into the box supposedly containing Gabriel's feather?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unusual thing causes Peronella and her lover to look for a place to hide him?
2. How are Caterina and Ricciardo found out?
3. Although Frederigo would give anything to Monna Giovanna, why is it impossible for him to give her the falcon?
4. On the way home in the rain, what is Rabatta's insulting comment about his friend, Bondone?
5. What does the daughter of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight, do that her father knows nothing about?
6. What plan does Caterina devise in order to be with Ricciardo?
7. When collecting alms from a nearby village, what does Brother Onion use to get the people to give freely?
8. What does Gualtieri do to assure himself that his wife, Griselda, is a worthy woman?
9. How does the affair between Caterina and Ricciardo work itself out?
10. When Monna Giovanna's son becomes seriously ill, what does he tell her might make him better?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)