|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peronella do shortly after her marriage?
(a) she collects and sells barrels.
(b) she opens a shop.
(c) she buys a new house.
(d) she takes a lover.
2. What do Messer Forese da Rabatta and Giotto di Bondone have in common with the Baronci family?
(a) they are ugly.
(b) they are Romans.
(c) they are Napalitans.
(d) they are religious.
3. What euphemism does the story teller use for "the thing you are ashamed to mention among men?"
(a) the bower.
(b) the nightingale.
(c) the branch.
(d) the flower.
4. For what crime does Tingoccio tell Meuccio that there is no real punishment?
(a) for having the affair with the mother of his godson.
(b) for lusting after beautiful girls.
(c) for stealing loaves of bread.
(d) for beating his wife.
5. What is the Baronci family of Florence noted for?
(a) their poverty.
(b) their charity.
(c) their ugliness.
(d) their beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poses a problem for the two men who plan to play a trick on Brother Onion?
2. What does Frederico, now a poor man, determine to do when Monna Giovanna comes calling?
3. How does Ricciardo avoid being killed for his transgression?
4. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
5. What does Bondone say people would think after looking at Rabatta?
Short Essay Questions
1. Besides his homely countenance, describe what Messer Forese da Rabatta is noted for.
2. When collecting alms from a nearby village, what does Brother Onion use to get the people to give freely?
3. When two of Brother Onion's friends see him in the village proclaiming he will show a feather from the angel Gabriel, what do they plan to do?
4. On the way home in the rain, what is Rabatta's insulting comment about his friend, Bondone?
5. How are Caterina and Ricciardo found out?
6. Explain how Peronella gets away with having a lover.
7. What is the result of Frederigo's attempts to impress Monna Giovanna?
8. What happens when the two men come to confess to Brother Onion what they had done.?
9. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic rocks, what do Bruno and Buffalmacco decide to do.
10. What is the reply that Bondone gives Rabatta after his insult?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)