|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they travel along, what do Rabatta and Bondone begin to do?
(a) sing songs to keep up their courage.
(b) discuss their respective businesses.
(c) insult each other about their looks.
(d) play a guessing game.
2. What happens when Ricciardo learns of Caterina's love for him?
(a) Caterina and Ricciardo begin an affair.
(b) Caterina and Ricciardo elope to Venice.
(c) Ricciardo asks for her hand in marriage.
(d) Caterina plays hard to get.
3. What poses a problem for the two men who plan to play a trick on Brother Onion?
(a) his servant who guards the room.
(b) there are a group of monks standing outside his door.
(c) his door is locked and there is no window.
(d) they do not know which room is his.
4. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
(a) they cannot find their clothes.
(b) they wait until Caterina's father leaves the house.
(c) they slip back into the house.
(d) they fall asleep.
5. What story does Gianni tell to excuse himself from taking Pietro's bed that night?
(a) he claims to know a spell that will turn his mare into a woman.
(b) he claims to be able to sleep while on his mare.
(c) he claims to have a spell to turn hay into a bed.
(d) he claims to have a spell that turns himself into a horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What suddenly happens to Monna Giovanna's son?
2. What does Peronella's lover do while she supervises her husband?
3. On the road, how do Rabatta and Bondone dress?
4. When Gualtieri finally marries, what does he decide to do?
5. Who is the somewhat spoiled Caterina?
Short Essay Questions
1. Besides his homely countenance, describe what Messer Forese da Rabatta is noted for.
2. How are Caterina and Ricciardo found out?
3. Describe the painters, Calandrino, Bruno, and Buffalmacco.
4. What does Gualtieri do to assure himself that his wife, Griselda, is a worthy woman?
5. What happens when the two men come to confess to Brother Onion what they had done.?
6. How does Peronella turn the situation around and get her husband inside the barrel.
7. What does the daughter of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight, do that her father knows nothing about?
8. What is the reply that Bondone gives Rabatta after his insult?
9. What plan does Caterina devise in order to be with Ricciardo?
10. Why do several nuns come to the Abbess' door in the middle of the night?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)