|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
(a) the bedpost.
(b) a bouquet of roses.
(c) Ricciardo's dagger.
(d) her beloved nightingale.
2. After Tingoccio dies, what does he do that he had promised Meuccio in life?
(a) haunt Meuccio's wife.
(b) return to light candles in the church.
(c) return to tell what it is like after death.
(d) show himself to the evil monk in the village.
3. How does Peronella explain the man who is in the barrel?
(a) that he is a musician looking for a barrel drum.
(b) that he is a carpenter repairing the barrel.
(c) that he is a magician looking for a trick barrel.
(d) that he is a buyer who is examining the barrel.
4. How does Frederigo waste his fortune?
(a) on travel to exotic places to impress Monna Giovanna.
(b) on jewels and gifts to impress Monna Giovanna.
(c) on elaborate parties to impress Monna Giovanna.
(d) on jousts and other things to impress Monna Giovanna.
5. What euphemism does the story teller use for "the thing you are ashamed to mention among men?"
(a) the bower.
(b) the flower.
(c) the branch.
(d) the nightingale.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rabatta's profession?
2. Who discovers the two lovers the next morning in their compromising situation?
3. Where does Tingoccio tell Meuccio he now is?
4. Where does Peronella tell her lover to hide?
5. On the road, how do Rabatta and Bondone dress?
Short Essay Questions
1. Besides his homely countenance, describe what Messer Forese da Rabatta is noted for.
2. What plan does Caterina devise in order to be with Ricciardo?
3. How does Calandrino learn that the magic has gone out of the rocks?
4. How does the affair between Caterina and Ricciardo work itself out?
5. What does Gualtieri do to assure himself that his wife, Griselda, is a worthy woman?
6. On the way home in the rain, what is Rabatta's insulting comment about his friend, Bondone?
7. How does the nun know that the abbess cannot punish her?
8. When collecting alms from a nearby village, what does Brother Onion use to get the people to give freely?
9. Describe the painters, Calandrino, Bruno, and Buffalmacco.
10. How does Don Gianni di Barolo have his way with the wife of Pietro da Tresanti while Pietro looks on?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)