|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Peronella's lover come to visit her?
(a) in the daytime when her husband is at work.
(b) on the days her husband goes to the next village.
(c) when Peronella gives sleeping powder to her husband.
(d) at night after her husband falls asleep.
2. What is the occupation of the man Peronella marries?
(a) a carpenter.
(b) a stone mason.
(c) a wood cutter.
(d) a blacksmith.
3. What do the other nuns expect the abbess to do to the nun with a lover?
(a) send her to her village.
(b) forgive her.
(c) punish her.
(d) give her a vacation.
4. What does Monna Giovanna's son want to possess?
(a) Frederico's daughter.
(b) Frederico's falcon.
(c) Frederico's farm.
(d) Frederico's horse.
5. What happens when Ricciardo learns of Caterina's love for him?
(a) Caterina plays hard to get.
(b) Caterina and Ricciardo begin an affair.
(c) Caterina and Ricciardo elope to Venice.
(d) Ricciardo asks for her hand in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rabatta insult Bondone?
2. What does the abbess intend to do when she confronts the wayward nun?
3. What is the relationship between Tingoccio Mini and Meuccio di Tura?
4. What does Don Gianni di Barolo have that shows his wealth?
5. What euphemism does the story teller use for "the thing you are ashamed to mention among men?"
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the result of a man sneaking into an Abbess' cell after he has fallen in love with her?
2. How does Don Gianni di Barolo have his way with the wife of Pietro da Tresanti while Pietro looks on?
3. How does the affair between Caterina and Ricciardo work itself out?
4. How does Peronella turn the situation around and get her husband inside the barrel.
5. What happens when the two men come to confess to Brother Onion what they had done.?
6. What is the result of Frederigo's attempts to impress Monna Giovanna?
7. How does Calandrino learn that the magic has gone out of the rocks?
8. What unusual thing causes Peronella and her lover to look for a place to hide him?
9. What is the sad situation with Frederigo, a man of noble birth?
10. When two of Brother Onion's friends see him in the village proclaiming he will show a feather from the angel Gabriel, what do they plan to do?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)