|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two men who know Brother Onion plan to do?
(a) glue the lid shut on the box containing the feather.
(b) exchange the white feather for a black one.
(c) exchange the feather for a turkey feather.
(d) slip into his room and steal the feather.
2. What is Bondone's profession?
(a) he is a noted artist.
(b) he is a noted composer.
(c) he is a knight in the court.
(d) he is a prominent merchant.
3. When Don Gianni visit the house of the poor Pietro da Tresanti, what is the situation?
(a) the house contains the stable.
(b) there is only one bed in the house.
(c) there is not enough food in the house.
(d) there are no chairs in the house.
4. What causes Brother Onion's servant to leave his post?
(a) a parade in the street.
(b) a game of dice.
(c) the smell of cooking meat.
(d) a pretty maid.
5. What does Monna Giovanna's son want to possess?
(a) Frederico's daughter.
(b) Frederico's falcon.
(c) Frederico's farm.
(d) Frederico's horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poses a problem for the two men who plan to play a trick on Brother Onion?
2. What does Gianni have the wife do before casting his spell?
3. What happens when the two friends tell Brother Onion what they had done?
4. What does Monna Giovanna offer Frederico for the fortune he lost trying to please her?
5. What is the Baronci family of Florence noted for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Peronella gets away with having a lover.
2. What unusual thing causes Peronella and her lover to look for a place to hide him?
3. What happens that Don Gianni declares has broken the spell to change Pietro's wife into a mare?
4. What is the result of a man sneaking into an Abbess' cell after he has fallen in love with her?
5. What is the sad situation with Frederigo, a man of noble birth?
6. How does the nun know that the abbess cannot punish her?
7. Besides his homely countenance, describe what Messer Forese da Rabatta is noted for.
8. Why do several nuns come to the Abbess' door in the middle of the night?
9. How does Don Gianni di Barolo have his way with the wife of Pietro da Tresanti while Pietro looks on?
10. When Monna Giovanna's son becomes seriously ill, what does he tell her might make him better?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)