|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Caterina give for wanting to change her sleeping arrangements?
(a) she says it is too hot in her bed and she cannot sleep.
(b) she says the fresh night air is good for her.
(c) she says she likes to sleep under the stars.
(d) she says she is all grown up now.
2. When Don Gianni visit the house of the poor Pietro da Tresanti, what is the situation?
(a) there are no chairs in the house.
(b) the house contains the stable.
(c) there is only one bed in the house.
(d) there is not enough food in the house.
3. Who are Don Gianni di Barolo and Pietro da Tresanti?
(b) competitors for the same lover.
(c) bankers who extort money from the poor.
(d) businessmen who deal in trading goods.
4. What does Monna Giovanna's son want to possess?
(a) Frederico's falcon.
(b) Frederico's horse.
(c) Frederico's farm.
(d) Frederico's daughter.
5. What does the abbess mistake for her veil in the darkness?
(a) a table cloth.
(b) her lover's pants.
(c) the bed sheet.
(d) a pair of bloomers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Baronci family of Florence noted for?
2. What is the occupation of the man Peronella marries?
3. With whom does Tingoccio have an affair?
4. What happens when Brother Onion reaches into the box supposedly containing Gabriel's feather?
5. What does Caterina beg her parents to allow her to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Although Frederigo would give anything to Monna Giovanna, why is it impossible for him to give her the falcon?
2. When collecting alms from a nearby village, what does Brother Onion use to get the people to give freely?
3. When Monna Giovanna's son becomes seriously ill, what does he tell her might make him better?
4. How does the nun know that the abbess cannot punish her?
5. What does Gualtieri do to assure himself that his wife, Griselda, is a worthy woman?
6. Describe the painters, Calandrino, Bruno, and Buffalmacco.
7. Why do several nuns come to the Abbess' door in the middle of the night?
8. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic rocks, what do Bruno and Buffalmacco decide to do.
9. What does the daughter of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight, do that her father knows nothing about?
10. When two of Brother Onion's friends see him in the village proclaiming he will show a feather from the angel Gabriel, what do they plan to do?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)