|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bondone say people would think after looking at Rabatta?
(a) he is so ugly he has to slip up on water to get a drink.
(b) he has shifty eyes like a criminal.
(c) he looks more like a chimney sweep.
(d) he is too simple to know his alphabet.
2. What promise does Brother Onion make to the villagers this time?
(a) to show them frakincense and myrrh.
(b) to show them a relic of the cross.
(c) to show them a feather from the wings of Gabriel.
(d) to show them how to walk on water.
3. What is the transgression of the abbess who is told in the middle of the night about a nun who has been caught with her lover?
(a) the abbess worships the Devil.
(b) the abbess is a vicious gossip.
(c) the abbess also has a lover.
(d) the abbess takes opium.
4. Who discovers the two lovers the next morning in their compromising situation?
(a) the butler.
(b) Caterina's brother.
(c) Messer Lizio di Valbona.
(d) Caterina's mother.
5. When the weather does not change, what do Rabatta and Bondone decide to do?
(a) rent a carriage.
(b) continue their trek.
(c) go back the way they came.
(d) stay the night.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what crime does Tingoccio tell Meuccio that there is no real punishment?
2. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
3. While Peronella's husband is inside cleaning the barrel, what is Peronella doing?
4. When Gualtieri finally marries, what does he decide to do?
5. At what point does Pietro speak and break the spell?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the painters, Calandrino, Bruno, and Buffalmacco.
2. What happens when the two men come to confess to Brother Onion what they had done.?
3. Explain the kind of work done by another ugly man by the name of Giotto di Bondone.
4. What plan does Caterina devise in order to be with Ricciardo?
5. How does the nun know that the abbess cannot punish her?
6. What does Gualtieri do to assure himself that his wife, Griselda, is a worthy woman?
7. When two of Brother Onion's friends see him in the village proclaiming he will show a feather from the angel Gabriel, what do they plan to do?
8. How does Don Gianni di Barolo have his way with the wife of Pietro da Tresanti while Pietro looks on?
9. On the way home in the rain, what is Rabatta's insulting comment about his friend, Bondone?
10. What is the result of a man sneaking into an Abbess' cell after he has fallen in love with her?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)