|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As they travel along, what do Rabatta and Bondone begin to do?
(a) sing songs to keep up their courage.
(b) play a guessing game.
(c) insult each other about their looks.
(d) discuss their respective businesses.
2. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
(a) they fall asleep.
(b) they cannot find their clothes.
(c) they wait until Caterina's father leaves the house.
(d) they slip back into the house.
3. What is the transgression of the abbess who is told in the middle of the night about a nun who has been caught with her lover?
(a) the abbess is a vicious gossip.
(b) the abbess takes opium.
(c) the abbess worships the Devil.
(d) the abbess also has a lover.
4. What retort does the wayward nun have for the abbess?
(a) that her lover is the brother of the abbess' lover.
(b) that the abbess wears a table cloth on her head.
(c) that she is also guilty and wears a man's pants on her head.
(d) that the abbess just does not know what she has missed.
5. What friendship does Monna Giovanna's son strike up in the country?
(a) with Falco.
(b) with Fernando.
(c) with Giovanni.
(d) with Frederico.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Don Gianni visit the house of the poor Pietro da Tresanti, what is the situation?
2. After Tingoccio dies, what does he do that he had promised Meuccio in life?
3. Why has Peronella's husband come home in the middle of the day?
4. How do Gualtieri and his wife get back together?
5. What does Peronella do shortly after her marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the kind of work done by another ugly man by the name of Giotto di Bondone.
2. Describe the painters, Calandrino, Bruno, and Buffalmacco.
3. What does Gualtieri do to assure himself that his wife, Griselda, is a worthy woman?
4. Besides his homely countenance, describe what Messer Forese da Rabatta is noted for.
5. What does the daughter of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight, do that her father knows nothing about?
6. On the way home in the rain, what is Rabatta's insulting comment about his friend, Bondone?
7. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic rocks, what do Bruno and Buffalmacco decide to do.
8. What plan does Caterina devise in order to be with Ricciardo?
9. How are Caterina and Ricciardo found out?
10. When two of Brother Onion's friends see him in the village proclaiming he will show a feather from the angel Gabriel, what do they plan to do?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)