|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rabatta and Bondone meet on the road to Florence, what happens to cause them to seek shelter?
(a) the night falls suddenly.
(b) it starts to rain.
(c) highwaymen are spotted.
(d) a high wind begins to blow.
2. When Gualtieri finally marries, what does he decide to do?
(a) lock his wife away in a tower.
(b) kill his wife and marry a young girl.
(c) share his wife with his cousin.
(d) test his wife to see if she is faithful.
3. What does Don Gianni di Barolo have that shows his wealth?
(a) a donkey to transport his goods.
(b) a wagon to transport his goods.
(c) a servant to transport his goods.
(d) a mare to transport his goods.
4. After the death of her husband, where does Monna Giovanna take her son?
(a) on an extended trip.
(b) to live with his grandfather.
(c) to the south of Italy.
(d) to the country near Frederigo's farm.
5. What suddenly happens to Monna Giovanna's son?
(a) he commits a crime.
(b) he falls in love with a farm girl.
(c) he becomes ill.
(d) he runs away to the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Peronella explain the man who is in the barrel?
2. What does the abbess mistake for her veil in the darkness?
3. With whom does Caterina fall in love?
4. What story does Gianni tell to excuse himself from taking Pietro's bed that night?
5. At what point does Pietro speak and break the spell?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brother Onion recover when he takes the charcoal out of the box instead of the feather?
2. When two of Brother Onion's friends see him in the village proclaiming he will show a feather from the angel Gabriel, what do they plan to do?
3. How are Caterina and Ricciardo found out?
4. What does the daughter of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight, do that her father knows nothing about?
5. What happens that Don Gianni declares has broken the spell to change Pietro's wife into a mare?
6. What plan does Caterina devise in order to be with Ricciardo?
7. When Monna Giovanna's son becomes seriously ill, what does he tell her might make him better?
8. What is the reply that Bondone gives Rabatta after his insult?
9. What does Gualtieri do to assure himself that his wife, Griselda, is a worthy woman?
10. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic rocks, what do Bruno and Buffalmacco decide to do.
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)