|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Baronci family of Florence noted for?
(a) their poverty.
(b) their beauty.
(c) their ugliness.
(d) their charity.
2. What is the avocation of Gualtieri, the son of a wealthy marquis in Saluzzo?
(a) he paints pictures of unclothed young girls.
(b) he spends his days hunting and hawking.
(c) he drinks every day in the tavern.
(d) he chases all the pretty girls in the village.
3. What does Monna Giovanna discover after dinner?
(a) Frederico has sold his falcon.
(b) Frederico cannot part with his falcon.
(c) the falcon has gotten away.
(d) she has just eaten the very thing she desired.
4. What do the simple-minded Pietro and his wife want Don Gianni to do?
(a) turn their donkey into a mare.
(b) cast a spell that will turn the wife into a mare.
(c) teach them how to cast spells.
(d) cast a spell to enlarge their house.
5. Where does Tingoccio tell Meuccio he now is?
(a) in Hell for having an affair.
(b) in Heaven eating ambrosia with the angels.
(c) in Purgatory explaining away his past sins.
(d) in limbo waiting for his judgment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men leave in Brother Onion's room?
2. After the death of her husband, where does Monna Giovanna take her son?
3. At what point does Pietro speak and break the spell?
4. What is Peronella's occupation?
5. What causes Brother Onion's servant to leave his post?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the way home in the rain, what is Rabatta's insulting comment about his friend, Bondone?
2. What does the daughter of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight, do that her father knows nothing about?
3. What happens that Don Gianni declares has broken the spell to change Pietro's wife into a mare?
4. What is the result of Frederigo's attempts to impress Monna Giovanna?
5. How does the affair between Caterina and Ricciardo work itself out?
6. What plan does Caterina devise in order to be with Ricciardo?
7. When two of Brother Onion's friends see him in the village proclaiming he will show a feather from the angel Gabriel, what do they plan to do?
8. Explain how Peronella gets away with having a lover.
9. How are Caterina and Ricciardo found out?
10. Describe the painters, Calandrino, Bruno, and Buffalmacco.
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)