|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic stones, how do his friends play a trick on him?
(a) they pretend that he knows the future.
(b) they pretend that he is invisible.
(c) they pretend that he has super human strength.
(d) they pretend that he can read their minds.
2. What does Monna Giovanna determine to do?
(a) ask Frederico to marry her.
(b) invite Frederico to dinner.
(c) ask Frederico for his falcon.
(d) take her son back to the city.
3. What do two men who know Brother Onion well suspect?
(a) that he is trying to trick the villagers.
(b) that he is going to work a miracle.
(c) that he has run out of stories to tell.
(d) that he does not really have a feather to show.
4. What warning does Don Gianni give the couple before he casts his spell?
(a) if they speak, the spell will be broken.
(b) if they write anything the spell will be broken.
(c) if they look the spell will be broken.
(d) if they do not comply the spell will be broken.
5. What is the avocation of Gualtieri, the son of a wealthy marquis in Saluzzo?
(a) he spends his days hunting and hawking.
(b) he chases all the pretty girls in the village.
(c) he paints pictures of unclothed young girls.
(d) he drinks every day in the tavern.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Peronella tell her lover to hide?
2. How does Frederigo waste his fortune?
3. Why do the villagers look forward to the arrival of the monk from St. Anthony's monastery?
4. At what point does Pietro speak and break the spell?
5. What suddenly happens to Monna Giovanna's son?
Short Essay Questions
1. On the way home in the rain, what is Rabatta's insulting comment about his friend, Bondone?
2. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic rocks, what do Bruno and Buffalmacco decide to do.
3. Describe the painters, Calandrino, Bruno, and Buffalmacco.
4. How does Don Gianni di Barolo have his way with the wife of Pietro da Tresanti while Pietro looks on?
5. What does Gualtieri do to assure himself that his wife, Griselda, is a worthy woman?
6. What is the result of Frederigo's attempts to impress Monna Giovanna?
7. What is the reply that Bondone gives Rabatta after his insult?
8. How does the nun know that the abbess cannot punish her?
9. How does the affair between Caterina and Ricciardo work itself out?
10. What unusual thing causes Peronella and her lover to look for a place to hide him?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)