|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peronella's occupation?
(a) a stone mason.
(b) a spinner of wool.
(c) an innkeeper.
(d) a seamstress.
2. What is the Baronci family of Florence noted for?
(a) their charity.
(b) their beauty.
(c) their poverty.
(d) their ugliness.
3. What does Monna Giovanna determine to do?
(a) ask Frederico for his falcon.
(b) ask Frederico to marry her.
(c) invite Frederico to dinner.
(d) take her son back to the city.
4. How are Peronella and her lover surprised one afternoon?
(a) Peronella's husband comes to spy on her.
(b) Peronella's husband sends his friend to see her.
(c) Peronella's husband has an accident at work.
(d) Peronella's husband comes home unexpectedly.
5. On the road, how do Rabatta and Bondone dress?
(a) as magistrates.
(b) as penniless peasants.
(c) as knights.
(d) as traveling jesters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
2. While Peronella's husband is inside cleaning the barrel, what is Peronella doing?
3. What does Monna Giovanna offer Frederico for the fortune he lost trying to please her?
4. What does Caterina beg her parents to allow her to do?
5. What retort does the wayward nun have for the abbess?
Short Essay Questions
1. Besides his homely countenance, describe what Messer Forese da Rabatta is noted for.
2. What is the result of a man sneaking into an Abbess' cell after he has fallen in love with her?
3. How are Caterina and Ricciardo found out?
4. When two of Brother Onion's friends see him in the village proclaiming he will show a feather from the angel Gabriel, what do they plan to do?
5. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic rocks, what do Bruno and Buffalmacco decide to do.
6. How does Brother Onion recover when he takes the charcoal out of the box instead of the feather?
7. How does Calandrino learn that the magic has gone out of the rocks?
8. What plan does Caterina devise in order to be with Ricciardo?
9. Explain the kind of work done by another ugly man by the name of Giotto di Bondone.
10. How does the nun know that the abbess cannot punish her?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)