|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
(a) she goes alone to study in Alexandria.
(b) she goes alone to Greece.
(c) she goes alone to Jerusalem.
(d) she goes alone to explore the Egyptian desert.
2. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
(a) to a married holy man who will look on Alibech as a daughter.
(b) to a holy man who is supposedly more learned than the first.
(c) to a holy man who is paralyzed from the waist down.
(d) to a blind holy man who will not be tempted by her beauty.
3. What causes the women of Alibech's town to laugh when she returns after the deaths of her family members?
(a) she tells them how she has been serving God.
(b) she tells them that she has a hell to hide the Devil.
(c) she tells them that she fell in love with a monk.
(d) she tells them that she met God in the desert.
4. How does Monna Lisetta meet Brother Alberto?
(a) she is introduced by her sister.
(b) she hears him preach in church.
(c) she comes to Brother Alberto to confess her sins.
(d) see meets him in the market.
5. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) his brother, Marato.
(b) his cousin, Alberto.
(c) the captain of a ship.
(d) the sultan's soldiers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the brothers do to Isabetta's lover?
2. After Ghismunda chooses Guiscardo as her lover, what complicates their relationship?
3. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
4. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
5. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the quandary the Florentine brothers find themselves in when Ciappelletto becomes so ill?
2. Why is it so easy for Berto della Massa to take on the persona of Brother Alberto, a minor friar?
3. What do the brothers think when they hear Ciappelletto's confession?
4. What bothers Brother Alberto about one of the women who comes to him for confession?
5. What happens when the secret of Masetto's affair with the nun gets out?
6. What ultimately happens after Ciappelletto dies?
7. What eventually transpires between Masetto and one of the nuns?
8. Describe the happy occasion for Alatiel as she prepares to get married.
9. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
10. How does Ghismunda end her life?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)