|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horrible thing does Tancredi do to his daughter?
(a) he takes away all her clothes so she cannot go outside.
(b) he lockes her in her room until he dies.
(c) he chops up Guiscardo's heart and has it prepared for her.
(d) he makes her witness the beheading of Guiscardo.
2. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(b) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
(c) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
(d) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
3. Because of her vanity, what does Monna Lisetta do that soon allows all of Venice to know about her affair?
(a) she tells a neighbor about Gabriel's love.
(b) she tells another priest at confession.
(c) she forgets to draw her drapes.
(d) she has an artist paint a picture of her and Gabriel.
4. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
(a) by claiming to be his long lost sister.
(b) by claiming to be a fortune teller.
(c) by cliaming to be in great distress.
(d) by claiming to be his late brother's mistress.
5. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
(a) some gamblers.
(b) some sorcerers.
(c) some highwaymen.
(d) some grave robbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
2. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
3. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
4. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
5. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
2. What is the ambition of Alibech and where does it take her?
3. How does Andreuccio become the victim of a scam in Naples?
4. How does Ciappelletto become aware of the brothers' situation?
5. What happens that returns Alibech to her village?
6. How does Tancredi discover the affair between Ghismunda and Guiscardo?
7. How dies Alatiel end up on the island of Majorca?
8. How does Ghismunda end her life?
9. Why is it so easy for Berto della Massa to take on the persona of Brother Alberto, a minor friar?
10. Describe the character of Ciappelletto who is put in charge of the affairs of Musciatto Franzesi .
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)