|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
(a) because he had the woman as well.
(b) because he feared the community would reject the monastery.
(c) because he could not prove what the monk had done.
(d) because the monk caught him with a boy.
2. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
(a) some grave robbers.
(b) some highwaymen.
(c) some sorcerers.
(d) some gamblers.
3. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he is discovered to be a liar.
(b) he becomes thought of as a saint.
(c) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
(d) he survives for another twenty years.
4. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
(a) by claiming to be a fortune teller.
(b) by claiming to be his late brother's mistress.
(c) by claiming to be his long lost sister.
(d) by cliaming to be in great distress.
5. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
(a) he is wanted for murder.
(b) he is such a liar that no one will have dealings with him.
(c) he plans to steal gold from the church.
(d) he wants to find out what monks do in their cells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the women of Alibech's town to laugh when she returns after the deaths of her family members?
2. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
3. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
4. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
5. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
2. How does Tancredi discover the affair between Ghismunda and Guiscardo?
3. What are the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Lorenzo, the lover of Isabetta?
4. How does Alatiel eventually end up with the king of Algarve?
5. After becoming a widow shortly after her marriage, what does Ghismunda see her father, Tancredi, has no plans of doing?
6. How does Brother Alberto take advantage of Lisetta whom he calls Lady Halfwit?
7. How does Masetto come to the attention of the abbess?
8. What happens to Ciappelletto while staying with two Florentine brothers in Burgundy?
9. What means of entertainment do the young people devise?
10. Who takes Andreuccio into a scheme to make easy money?
This section contains 811 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)