|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he builds him a palace.
(b) he makes him his chamberlain.
(c) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
(d) he makes him his regent.
2. What does Tancredi have done to Guiscardo after he learns of his affair with Ghismunda?
(a) Guiscardo is murdered and his heart cut out.
(b) Guiscardo is made to pay money for his transgression.
(c) Guiscardo is forced into exile.
(d) Guiscardo is sent to prison.
3. What does the foolish girl, Alibech, want to do?
(a) become a warrior for God.
(b) prove there is no God.
(c) learn about sex.
(d) to find one who can teach the ways of the Lord.
4. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
(b) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
(c) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
(d) he never leaves her side in Athens.
5. What does Alibech find surprising?
(a) that Rustico's Devil keeps coming back.
(b) that serving God is so pleasurable.
(c) that the Devil cannot enter her hell very often.
(d) that using her hell does not hurt her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alibech eventually meet?
2. Why is Masetto interested in the gardening job?
3. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
4. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
5. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Ciappelletto while staying with two Florentine brothers in Burgundy?
2. Why does Isabetta cry over a pot of basil?
3. Why does Andreuccio di Pietro travel to Naples?
4. How does Andreuccio turn the tales on the two robbers?
5. What do the village women tell Alibech after she explains how she put the devil back into hell with Rustico.
6. Who takes Andreuccio into a scheme to make easy money?
7. What eventually transpires between Masetto and one of the nuns?
8. How does Masetto come to the attention of the abbess?
9. How does the handsome Masetto manage to become the gardener for a convent of eight nuns and an abbess?
10. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)