|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How can Berto so easily convince people that he has taken on the vows of poverty and chastity?
(a) because he is such an accomplished liar.
(b) because he genuinely wants to change.
(c) because he never speaks.
(d) because no one in Vanice knows him.
2. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
(b) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(c) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(d) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
3. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
4. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
(a) to a holy man who is supposedly more learned than the first.
(b) to a blind holy man who will not be tempted by her beauty.
(c) to a married holy man who will look on Alibech as a daughter.
(d) to a holy man who is paralyzed from the waist down.
5. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
(a) he is talked into selling Alatiel.
(b) he is hung.
(c) he is shot.
(d) he is thrown overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually, who does Ghismunda marry as arranged by her father?
2. How does Monna Lisetta respond to the idea that the Angel Gabriel wants her?
3. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
4. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
5. Tiring of Monna Lisetta's vain confessions, what does Brother Alberto do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it so easy for Berto della Massa to take on the persona of Brother Alberto, a minor friar?
2. What happens when the secret of Masetto's affair with the nun gets out?
3. Who takes Andreuccio into a scheme to make easy money?
4. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
5. What happens to Alatiel after she is taken to safety?
6. Why does Isabetta cry over a pot of basil?
7. What eventually transpires between Masetto and one of the nuns?
8. What are the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Lorenzo, the lover of Isabetta?
9. What happens to Ciappelletto while staying with two Florentine brothers in Burgundy?
10. How does Ghismunda end her life?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)