|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
(a) he lies about everything in his past life.
(b) he makes a large donation to the church.
(c) he becomes seriously penitent for his past sins.
(d) he confesses under an assumed name.
2. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
(a) pretend he is a deaf mute.
(b) wear a bandana over his face.
(c) dress in fine clothes to apply for the job.
(d) let the abbess see him without his shirt.
3. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(b) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
(c) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
(d) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
4. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
(a) a gold crown.
(b) a ruby ring.
(c) a bag of silver.
(d) a prize horse.
5. After Ghismunda chooses Guiscardo as her lover, what complicates their relationship?
(a) they have nowhere to meet.
(b) they must meet in secret.
(c) Guiscardo's father is Tancredi's mortal enemy.
(d) Ghismunda becomes pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
2. Who does Alibech eventually meet?
3. What do the women tell Alibech?
4. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
5. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the ambition of Alibech and where does it take her?
2. What do the brothers think when they hear Ciappelletto's confession?
3. What means of entertainment do the young people devise?
4. How does the handsome Masetto manage to become the gardener for a convent of eight nuns and an abbess?
5. How does Masetto come to the attention of the abbess?
6. How does Ghismunda end her life?
7. How does Alatiel eventually end up with the king of Algarve?
8. Who takes Andreuccio into a scheme to make easy money?
9. How does Andreuccio turn the tales on the two robbers?
10. What happens to Alatiel after she is taken to safety?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)