|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alibech sleep?
(a) in Rustico's bed.
(b) outside the monastery.
(c) in a closet in the monastery.
(d) on the floor of Rustico's cell.
2. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
(a) the King of Cyprus who recognizes her.
(b) the King of France who recognizes her.
(c) the Prince of Wales who recognizes her.
(d) the sultan of Brunei who recognizes her.
3. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
(a) she is beautiful and he cannot trust himself around her.
(b) she asks too many questions disturbing his meditations.
(c) she is too stupid to learn his truths.
(d) he tells her everything he has to tell.
4. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) the emperor of Constantinople.
(b) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
(c) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
(d) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
5. What results after Monna Lisetta believes Alberto's story and agrees to comply?
(a) Alberto gets cold feet and calls it off.
(b) Monna Lisetta only complies when wearing a blindfold.
(c) they carry on an affair for quite some time.
(d) Alberto has to find a suitable place.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Isabetta learn of Lorenzo's fate?
2. How does Monna Lisetta respond to the idea that the Angel Gabriel wants her?
3. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
4. After Ghismunda chooses Guiscardo as her lover, what complicates their relationship?
5. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
Short Essay Questions
1. Besides his homely countenance, describe what Messer Forese da Rabatta is noted for.
2. Describe the character of Ciappelletto who is put in charge of the affairs of Musciatto Franzesi .
3. What does Gualtieri do to assure himself that his wife, Griselda, is a worthy woman?
4. What unusual thing causes Peronella and her lover to look for a place to hide him?
5. What happens that returns Alibech to her village?
6. What happens when the secret of Masetto's affair with the nun gets out?
7. How does Brother Onion recover when he takes the charcoal out of the box instead of the feather?
8. How does Tancredi discover the affair between Ghismunda and Guiscardo?
9. Why have the young people of the novel left Florence and gone into the country?
10. How does Calandrino learn that the magic has gone out of the rocks?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)