|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Monna Lisetta meet Brother Alberto?
(a) she comes to Brother Alberto to confess her sins.
(b) she hears him preach in church.
(c) see meets him in the market.
(d) she is introduced by her sister.
2. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
(a) teach him to write.
(b) peek at him in his bath.
(c) use sign language.
(d) poke fun at him.
3. What does Rustico tell Alibech to do?
(a) do like him and remove her clothes.
(b) cover her eyes while he undresses.
(c) lift her skirts to let him see her sin.
(d) watch as he removes his clothes.
4. What does Ghismunda do with Guiscardo's heart?
(a) she hides it under her bed.
(b) she buries it under a rose bush.
(c) she keeps it in a silver box in her room.
(d) she mixes it with poison herbs, takes it, and dies.
5. What arrangement does Alberto say is necessary for Gabriel to sleep with Monna Lisetta?
(a) Alberto will have to tie her to the bedposts.
(b) the angel will have to use Alberto's body.
(c) Monna Lisetta must keep her eyes closed.
(d) Alberto must be present to witness Gabriel's actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alibech sleep?
2. What do the brothers do to Isabetta's lover?
3. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
4. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
5. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
Short Essay Questions
1. What means of entertainment do the young people devise?
2. Why is it so easy for Berto della Massa to take on the persona of Brother Alberto, a minor friar?
3. What happens to Ciappelletto while staying with two Florentine brothers in Burgundy?
4. What do the brothers think when they hear Ciappelletto's confession?
5. What are the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Lorenzo, the lover of Isabetta?
6. What eventually transpires between Masetto and one of the nuns?
7. Describe the happy occasion for Alatiel as she prepares to get married.
8. How dies Alatiel end up on the island of Majorca?
9. Why does Isabetta cry over a pot of basil?
10. What do the village women tell Alibech after she explains how she put the devil back into hell with Rustico.
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)