|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alibech find surprising?
(a) that using her hell does not hurt her.
(b) that the Devil cannot enter her hell very often.
(c) that Rustico's Devil keeps coming back.
(d) that serving God is so pleasurable.
2. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
(a) with two Franciscan friars.
(b) with two Florentine brothers.
(c) in an expensive inn that Musciatto pays for.
(d) with a needy widow.
3. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
(a) he has more money than he can use.
(b) his treasury is empty.
(c) his wives are wearing old clothes.
(d) his people are giving him too much respect.
4. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
(a) other Jews.
(b) the laity.
(c) the children.
(d) the clergy.
5. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
(a) the King of Cyprus who recognizes her.
(b) the sultan of Brunei who recognizes her.
(c) the Prince of Wales who recognizes her.
(d) the King of France who recognizes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
2. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
3. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
4. What does Ghismunda do when she sees her father will not look for another husband for her?
5. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who takes Andreuccio into a scheme to make easy money?
2. How does the handsome Masetto manage to become the gardener for a convent of eight nuns and an abbess?
3. What eventually transpires between Masetto and one of the nuns?
4. Why does Isabetta cry over a pot of basil?
5. How does Ciappelletto become aware of the brothers' situation?
6. Why does Andreuccio di Pietro travel to Naples?
7. What means of entertainment do the young people devise?
8. How does Alatiel eventually end up with the king of Algarve?
9. What happens to Alatiel after she is taken to safety?
10. What ultimately happens after Ciappelletto dies?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)