|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the women of Alibech's town to laugh when she returns after the deaths of her family members?
(a) she tells them that she has a hell to hide the Devil.
(b) she tells them that she met God in the desert.
(c) she tells them how she has been serving God.
(d) she tells them that she fell in love with a monk.
2. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he is a Jewish money lender.
(b) he has a map of great treasure.
(c) he is a wise fortune teller.
(d) he is a high priest.
3. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(b) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
(c) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
(d) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
4. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
5. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
(a) a ruby ring.
(b) a gold crown.
(c) a prize horse.
(d) a bag of silver.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
2. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
3. What arrangement does Alberto say is necessary for Gabriel to sleep with Monna Lisetta?
4. What does Tancredi have done to Guiscardo after he learns of his affair with Ghismunda?
5. How does Monna Lisetta respond to the idea that the Angel Gabriel wants her?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the happy occasion for Alatiel as she prepares to get married.
2. Who takes Andreuccio into a scheme to make easy money?
3. What do the village women tell Alibech after she explains how she put the devil back into hell with Rustico.
4. How does Andreuccio turn the tales on the two robbers?
5. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
6. How does Tancredi discover the affair between Ghismunda and Guiscardo?
7. How does Ciappelletto become aware of the brothers' situation?
8. What ultimately happens after Ciappelletto dies?
9. How does Brother Alberto take advantage of Lisetta whom he calls Lady Halfwit?
10. How does Alatiel eventually end up with the king of Algarve?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)