|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results after Monna Lisetta believes Alberto's story and agrees to comply?
(a) Alberto has to find a suitable place.
(b) Monna Lisetta only complies when wearing a blindfold.
(c) Alberto gets cold feet and calls it off.
(d) they carry on an affair for quite some time.
2. What does Alibech find surprising?
(a) that serving God is so pleasurable.
(b) that the Devil cannot enter her hell very often.
(c) that using her hell does not hurt her.
(d) that Rustico's Devil keeps coming back.
3. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
4. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
(a) no one would blame them for turning him out of their house.
(b) they can steal his money after he dies.
(c) no priest would ever absolve a man as evil as Ciappelletto.
(d) they might have to take him back to Paris.
5. Who determines to discover the real identity of Monna Lisetta's angel?
(a) the next door neighbors.
(b) her brothers.
(c) her in-laws.
(d) the abbot of the monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
2. When does Masetto return to his village of Lamporecchio?
3. What does the foolish girl, Alibech, want to do?
4. Who is Alatiel's next lover after Constanzo?
5. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who takes Andreuccio into a scheme to make easy money?
2. What happens when the secret of Masetto's affair with the nun gets out?
3. Why is it so easy for Berto della Massa to take on the persona of Brother Alberto, a minor friar?
4. How does Ciappelletto become aware of the brothers' situation?
5. What means of entertainment do the young people devise?
6. How does Brother Alberto take advantage of Lisetta whom he calls Lady Halfwit?
7. How does Alatiel eventually end up with the king of Algarve?
8. How does Masetto come to the attention of the abbess?
9. Describe the character of Ciappelletto who is put in charge of the affairs of Musciatto Franzesi .
10. What happens to Alatiel after she is taken to safety?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)