|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
(b) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(c) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(d) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
2. Where does Alibech sleep?
(a) in Rustico's bed.
(b) on the floor of Rustico's cell.
(c) outside the monastery.
(d) in a closet in the monastery.
3. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
4. What is Monna Lisetta's character like?
(a) she is very belligerent.
(b) she in very humble.
(c) she is very vain.
(d) she is very intelligent.
5. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
(a) go into business with his friend, Abraham.
(b) become a Jew like his friend, Abraham.
(c) visit his friend, Abraham, in Jerusalem.
(d) convert his Jewish friend, Abraham, to Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
2. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
3. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
4. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
5. When does Masetto return to his village of Lamporecchio?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bothers Brother Alberto about one of the women who comes to him for confession?
2. How does Alatiel eventually end up with the king of Algarve?
3. What means of entertainment do the young people devise?
4. After becoming a widow shortly after her marriage, what does Ghismunda see her father, Tancredi, has no plans of doing?
5. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
6. How does Ciappelletto become aware of the brothers' situation?
7. Who takes Andreuccio into a scheme to make easy money?
8. What are the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Lorenzo, the lover of Isabetta?
9. What is the quandary the Florentine brothers find themselves in when Ciappelletto becomes so ill?
10. Describe the character of Ciappelletto who is put in charge of the affairs of Musciatto Franzesi .
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)