|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
(a) he plans to steal gold from the church.
(b) he is such a liar that no one will have dealings with him.
(c) he is wanted for murder.
(d) he wants to find out what monks do in their cells.
2. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
(a) the prince's sister.
(b) the prince's brother.
(c) the prince's father.
(d) the prince's son.
3. Why do the nuns keep Masetto in the convent for many years?
(a) he fathers children the nuns say are orphans.
(b) he speaks and they think God has worked a miracle.
(c) he knows too much about their activities.
(d) he agrees to stay if they stop wanting sex.
4. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
(a) he is transfered to another monastery.
(b) he is caught and publicly whipped.
(c) he repents and sends Alibech away.
(d) he is worn out and can no longer pleasure Alibech.
5. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
2. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
3. How can Berto so easily convince people that he has taken on the vows of poverty and chastity?
4. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
5. What does the foolish girl, Alibech, want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the handsome Masetto manage to become the gardener for a convent of eight nuns and an abbess?
2. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
3. What is the quandary the Florentine brothers find themselves in when Ciappelletto becomes so ill?
4. What happens to Ciappelletto while staying with two Florentine brothers in Burgundy?
5. Why does Andreuccio di Pietro travel to Naples?
6. How does Tancredi discover the affair between Ghismunda and Guiscardo?
7. Describe the happy occasion for Alatiel as she prepares to get married.
8. What happens that returns Alibech to her village?
9. What ultimately happens after Ciappelletto dies?
10. What happens when the secret of Masetto's affair with the nun gets out?
This section contains 740 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)