|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alibech find surprising?
(a) that the Devil cannot enter her hell very often.
(b) that serving God is so pleasurable.
(c) that Rustico's Devil keeps coming back.
(d) that using her hell does not hurt her.
2. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
(a) to a blind holy man who will not be tempted by her beauty.
(b) to a holy man who is supposedly more learned than the first.
(c) to a holy man who is paralyzed from the waist down.
(d) to a married holy man who will look on Alibech as a daughter.
3. Why do the nuns keep Masetto in the convent for many years?
(a) he speaks and they think God has worked a miracle.
(b) he agrees to stay if they stop wanting sex.
(c) he knows too much about their activities.
(d) he fathers children the nuns say are orphans.
4. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
(a) go into business with his friend, Abraham.
(b) become a Jew like his friend, Abraham.
(c) convert his Jewish friend, Abraham, to Christianity.
(d) visit his friend, Abraham, in Jerusalem.
5. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
(a) he is eager to test his willpower against her beauty.
(b) he is blind and cannot see her beauty.
(c) he is lecherous and wants to seduce her.
(d) he is eager to save her soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
2. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
3. What causes the women of Alibech's town to laugh when she returns after the deaths of her family members?
4. What arrangement does Alberto say is necessary for Gabriel to sleep with Monna Lisetta?
5. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
2. What happens that returns Alibech to her village?
3. How does Tancredi discover the affair between Ghismunda and Guiscardo?
4. What bothers Brother Alberto about one of the women who comes to him for confession?
5. Why does Isabetta cry over a pot of basil?
6. How does Ciappelletto become aware of the brothers' situation?
7. Describe the character of Ciappelletto who is put in charge of the affairs of Musciatto Franzesi .
8. Why is it so easy for Berto della Massa to take on the persona of Brother Alberto, a minor friar?
9. How does Brother Alberto take advantage of Lisetta whom he calls Lady Halfwit?
10. What happens to Alatiel after she is taken to safety?
This section contains 799 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)