|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
(a) She never accepts the men her father brings home.
(b) Her father refuses to look for a husband for her.
(c) She is caring for her father, Tancredi, in his old age.
(d) She is homely and the men do not consider her.
2. Who is Alatiel?
(a) the wife of the sultan of Babylon.
(b) the princess betrothed to the sultan of Babylon.
(c) the favorite concubine of the sultan of Babylon.
(d) the daughter of the sultan of Babylon.
3. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he is a Jewish money lender.
(b) he is a high priest.
(c) he has a map of great treasure.
(d) he is a wise fortune teller.
4. What does Alibech find surprising?
(a) that serving God is so pleasurable.
(b) that Rustico's Devil keeps coming back.
(c) that the Devil cannot enter her hell very often.
(d) that using her hell does not hurt her.
5. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
(a) to Jerusalem.
(b) to Antioch.
(c) to Rome.
(d) to a monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
2. What does Rustico soon discover?
3. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
4. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
5. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens that returns Alibech to her village?
2. What ultimately happens after Ciappelletto dies?
3. What happens when the secret of Masetto's affair with the nun gets out?
4. What bothers Brother Alberto about one of the women who comes to him for confession?
5. How are Caterina and Ricciardo found out?
6. How does Ciappelletto become aware of the brothers' situation?
7. How does Brother Onion recover when he takes the charcoal out of the box instead of the feather?
8. Why is it so easy for Berto della Massa to take on the persona of Brother Alberto, a minor friar?
9. How does Masetto come to the attention of the abbess?
10. How does the affair between Caterina and Ricciardo work itself out?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)