|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Masetto return to his village of Lamporecchio?
(a) after several of the nuns get pregnant.
(b) after he has finished landscaping the garden.
(c) after the death of the abbess.
(d) after a new, younger gardener arrives.
2. What do the brothers do to Isabetta's lover?
(a) they have his put into prison.
(b) they have him transferred to Paris.
(c) they have him tarred and feathered.
(d) they have him taken out of the city and killed.
3. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
(a) hiding the devil from Rustico's hell.
(b) putting Rustico's devil into her hell.
(c) taking the lust out of Rustico's devil.
(d) keeping the devil from leaving Rustico's cell.
4. What is Monna Lisetta's character like?
(a) she is very belligerent.
(b) she is very intelligent.
(c) she in very humble.
(d) she is very vain.
5. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
(a) he has her followed by a policeman.
(b) he hears gossip on the streets and confronts her.
(c) he falls asleep in her room and wakes up to find them together.
(d) he opens her door to see if she is in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
2. What arrangement does Alberto say is necessary for Gabriel to sleep with Monna Lisetta?
3. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
4. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
5. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the village women tell Alibech after she explains how she put the devil back into hell with Rustico.
2. Why have the young people of the novel left Florence and gone into the country?
3. What ultimately happens after Ciappelletto dies?
4. How does Ghismunda end her life?
5. Describe the character of Ciappelletto who is put in charge of the affairs of Musciatto Franzesi .
6. What are the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Lorenzo, the lover of Isabetta?
7. What bothers Brother Alberto about one of the women who comes to him for confession?
8. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
9. Why is it so easy for Berto della Massa to take on the persona of Brother Alberto, a minor friar?
10. How does Ciappelletto become aware of the brothers' situation?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)