|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ghismunda do when she sees her father will not look for another husband for her?
(a) she leaves her father's house.
(b) she goes into the desert.
(c) she joins a convent.
(d) she seeks out a lover.
2. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
(a) he changes his mind about fighting.
(b) he has fallen in love with Alatiel.
(c) he comes to protect the women and children.
(d) he becomes deathly ill.
3. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
(a) he makes a large donation to the church.
(b) he lies about everything in his past life.
(c) he becomes seriously penitent for his past sins.
(d) he confesses under an assumed name.
4. How does Monna Lisetta meet Brother Alberto?
(a) see meets him in the market.
(b) she is introduced by her sister.
(c) she hears him preach in church.
(d) she comes to Brother Alberto to confess her sins.
5. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
(b) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
(c) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
(d) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
2. Where does Alibech sleep?
3. What do the women tell Alibech?
4. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
5. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the village women tell Alibech after she explains how she put the devil back into hell with Rustico.
2. How does the handsome Masetto manage to become the gardener for a convent of eight nuns and an abbess?
3. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
4. What bothers Brother Alberto about one of the women who comes to him for confession?
5. Describe the happy occasion for Alatiel as she prepares to get married.
6. Why does Isabetta cry over a pot of basil?
7. What happens to Alatiel after she is taken to safety?
8. What are the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Lorenzo, the lover of Isabetta?
9. What ultimately happens after Ciappelletto dies?
10. What happens when the secret of Masetto's affair with the nun gets out?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)