|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Because Monna Lisetta is so beautiful, what does Brother Alberto desire to do?
(a) marry her.
(b) find her a husband.
(c) sleep with her.
(d) make her a nun.
2. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
(a) poke fun at him.
(b) peek at him in his bath.
(c) teach him to write.
(d) use sign language.
3. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
(a) they can steal his money after he dies.
(b) they might have to take him back to Paris.
(c) no priest would ever absolve a man as evil as Ciappelletto.
(d) no one would blame them for turning him out of their house.
4. Where does Alibech sleep?
(a) outside the monastery.
(b) on the floor of Rustico's cell.
(c) in Rustico's bed.
(d) in a closet in the monastery.
5. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
(a) the King of France who recognizes her.
(b) the Prince of Wales who recognizes her.
(c) the King of Cyprus who recognizes her.
(d) the sultan of Brunei who recognizes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
2. Who does Alibech eventually find?
3. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
4. What arrangement does Alberto say is necessary for Gabriel to sleep with Monna Lisetta?
5. Who is Alatiel's next lover after Constanzo?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Ciappelletto who is put in charge of the affairs of Musciatto Franzesi .
2. How does Masetto come to the attention of the abbess?
3. After becoming a widow shortly after her marriage, what does Ghismunda see her father, Tancredi, has no plans of doing?
4. What is the quandary the Florentine brothers find themselves in when Ciappelletto becomes so ill?
5. How does Tancredi discover the affair between Ghismunda and Guiscardo?
6. Why does Andreuccio di Pietro travel to Naples?
7. What ultimately happens after Ciappelletto dies?
8. How does Brother Alberto take advantage of Lisetta whom he calls Lady Halfwit?
9. What is the ambition of Alibech and where does it take her?
10. What do the village women tell Alibech after she explains how she put the devil back into hell with Rustico.
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)