|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he is a wise fortune teller.
(b) he is a high priest.
(c) he is a Jewish money lender.
(d) he has a map of great treasure.
2. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
(b) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
(c) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
(d) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
3. Where does Alibech sleep?
(a) on the floor of Rustico's cell.
(b) in Rustico's bed.
(c) outside the monastery.
(d) in a closet in the monastery.
4. Who does Alibech eventually meet?
(a) a priest named Quantico.
(b) a monk named Rustico.
(c) a thief named Rustico.
(d) a friar named Alfonzo.
5. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) the emperor of Constantinople.
(b) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
(c) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
(d) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
2. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
3. Why is Masetto sleeping in the garden when the abbess finds him and begins to lust after him?
4. What do the women tell Alibech?
5. How can Berto so easily convince people that he has taken on the vows of poverty and chastity?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it so easy for Berto della Massa to take on the persona of Brother Alberto, a minor friar?
2. Why does Isabetta cry over a pot of basil?
3. What means of entertainment do the young people devise?
4. Besides his homely countenance, describe what Messer Forese da Rabatta is noted for.
5. What happens when the two men come to confess to Brother Onion what they had done.?
6. What is the reply that Bondone gives Rabatta after his insult?
7. What bothers Brother Alberto about one of the women who comes to him for confession?
8. What does Gualtieri do to assure himself that his wife, Griselda, is a worthy woman?
9. Although Frederigo would give anything to Monna Giovanna, why is it impossible for him to give her the falcon?
10. How does Don Gianni di Barolo have his way with the wife of Pietro da Tresanti while Pietro looks on?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)