|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
(a) he is caught and publicly whipped.
(b) he repents and sends Alibech away.
(c) he is worn out and can no longer pleasure Alibech.
(d) he is transfered to another monastery.
2. What is Monna Lisetta's character like?
(a) she is very vain.
(b) she is very intelligent.
(c) she in very humble.
(d) she is very belligerent.
3. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
(a) most of them are murdered so she can be taken.
(b) most of them sell her to other men.
(c) most of them commit suicide.
(d) most of them abandon her.
4. How does Monna Lisetta respond to the idea that the Angel Gabriel wants her?
(a) she does not understand what Alberto is telling her.
(b) she is willing to sacrifice for her soul.
(c) she is shocked and tells Alberto to leave at once.
(d) she thinks it is natural since she is so beautiful.
5. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
(a) She is homely and the men do not consider her.
(b) She never accepts the men her father brings home.
(c) She is caring for her father, Tancredi, in his old age.
(d) Her father refuses to look for a husband for her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the women tell Alibech?
2. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
3. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
4. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
5. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Isabetta cry over a pot of basil?
2. How does Brother Onion recover when he takes the charcoal out of the box instead of the feather?
3. How does Ghismunda end her life?
4. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
5. Who takes Andreuccio into a scheme to make easy money?
6. Why does Andreuccio di Pietro travel to Naples?
7. On the way home in the rain, what is Rabatta's insulting comment about his friend, Bondone?
8. What happens when the secret of Masetto's affair with the nun gets out?
9. How does Ciappelletto become aware of the brothers' situation?
10. What means of entertainment do the young people devise?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)