|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
(b) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(c) she promises to produce a male heir.
(d) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
2. Eventually, who does Ghismunda marry as arranged by her father?
(a) a duke's son who dies shortly after the wedding.
(b) a duke who beats her regularly.
(c) her father's best friend.
(d) a merchant who does not require a dowry.
3. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he is a Jewish money lender.
(b) he is a high priest.
(c) he is a wise fortune teller.
(d) he has a map of great treasure.
4. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
(a) some grave robbers.
(b) some gamblers.
(c) some sorcerers.
(d) some highwaymen.
5. Because of her vanity, what does Monna Lisetta do that soon allows all of Venice to know about her affair?
(a) she tells another priest at confession.
(b) she tells a neighbor about Gabriel's love.
(c) she has an artist paint a picture of her and Gabriel.
(d) she forgets to draw her drapes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Masetto sleeping in the garden when the abbess finds him and begins to lust after him?
2. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
3. Who determines to discover the real identity of Monna Lisetta's angel?
4. What arrangement does Alberto say is necessary for Gabriel to sleep with Monna Lisetta?
5. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Tancredi discover the affair between Ghismunda and Guiscardo?
2. Who takes Andreuccio into a scheme to make easy money?
3. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
4. Describe the character of Ciappelletto who is put in charge of the affairs of Musciatto Franzesi .
5. How does Peronella turn the situation around and get her husband inside the barrel.
6. How does Brother Onion recover when he takes the charcoal out of the box instead of the feather?
7. What is the ambition of Alibech and where does it take her?
8. Although Frederigo would give anything to Monna Giovanna, why is it impossible for him to give her the falcon?
9. What does the daughter of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight, do that her father knows nothing about?
10. What means of entertainment do the young people devise?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)