|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horrible thing does Tancredi do to his daughter?
(a) he chops up Guiscardo's heart and has it prepared for her.
(b) he takes away all her clothes so she cannot go outside.
(c) he makes her witness the beheading of Guiscardo.
(d) he lockes her in her room until he dies.
2. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
(a) by claiming to be his long lost sister.
(b) by claiming to be his late brother's mistress.
(c) by cliaming to be in great distress.
(d) by claiming to be a fortune teller.
3. What do the brothers do to Isabetta's lover?
(a) they have his put into prison.
(b) they have him transferred to Paris.
(c) they have him tarred and feathered.
(d) they have him taken out of the city and killed.
4. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
(a) let the abbess see him without his shirt.
(b) wear a bandana over his face.
(c) pretend he is a deaf mute.
(d) dress in fine clothes to apply for the job.
5. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(b) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
(c) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(d) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
2. What story does Alberto tell Monna Lisetta?
3. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
4. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
5. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Andreuccio turn the tales on the two robbers?
2. Why does Isabetta cry over a pot of basil?
3. How does Tancredi discover the affair between Ghismunda and Guiscardo?
4. How does Ghismunda end her life?
5. How does Masetto come to the attention of the abbess?
6. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
7. How does Brother Alberto take advantage of Lisetta whom he calls Lady Halfwit?
8. What ultimately happens after Ciappelletto dies?
9. Why is it so easy for Berto della Massa to take on the persona of Brother Alberto, a minor friar?
10. Why does Andreuccio di Pietro travel to Naples?
This section contains 810 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)