|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
(a) the work was too difficult for him.
(b) the salary was too low and he got conflicting orders.
(c) he got too old to tend the garden.
(d) he had an accident so he could no longer work.
2. Why is Masetto sleeping in the garden when the abbess finds him and begins to lust after him?
(a) he has been working too hard in the orchard.
(b) he has been servicing eight nuns and is tired.
(c) he has been drinking the nun's wine.
(d) he is lazy and is taking rest in the orchard.
3. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
(a) the prince's sister.
(b) the prince's son.
(c) the prince's father.
(d) the prince's brother.
4. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
5. How does Monna Lisetta respond to the idea that the Angel Gabriel wants her?
(a) she is willing to sacrifice for her soul.
(b) she thinks it is natural since she is so beautiful.
(c) she does not understand what Alberto is telling her.
(d) she is shocked and tells Alberto to leave at once.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
2. What does Ghismunda do when she sees her father will not look for another husband for her?
3. With whom does Isabetta fall in love and begin an affair?
4. Where does the monk take a woman?
5. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the handsome Masetto manage to become the gardener for a convent of eight nuns and an abbess?
2. What happens to Ciappelletto while staying with two Florentine brothers in Burgundy?
3. Why does Andreuccio di Pietro travel to Naples?
4. After becoming a widow shortly after her marriage, what does Ghismunda see her father, Tancredi, has no plans of doing?
5. What happens to Alatiel after she is taken to safety?
6. Describe the character of Ciappelletto who is put in charge of the affairs of Musciatto Franzesi .
7. How does Masetto come to the attention of the abbess?
8. What happens that returns Alibech to her village?
9. Why is it so easy for Berto della Massa to take on the persona of Brother Alberto, a minor friar?
10. How dies Alatiel end up on the island of Majorca?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)