|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
(a) Ciappelletto becomes a model for all businessmen.
(b) Ciappelletto promises a donation he never makes.
(c) Ciappelletto is buried in the Vatican.
(d) Ciappelletto becomes a martyr and is later canonized.
2. Tiring of Monna Lisetta's vain confessions, what does Brother Alberto do?
(a) he plugs up his ears.
(b) he reproaches her.
(c) he refuses her absolution.
(d) he runs when he sees her coming.
3. Why is Masetto interested in the gardening job?
(a) because he has been out of work for a long time.
(b) because he is too ugly to work anywhere else.
(c) because he is so religious.
(d) for the freedoms it allows.
4. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
5. Eventually, who does Ghismunda marry as arranged by her father?
(a) a duke's son who dies shortly after the wedding.
(b) a merchant who does not require a dowry.
(c) a duke who beats her regularly.
(d) her father's best friend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
2. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
3. What is Monna Lisetta's character like?
4. How can Berto so easily convince people that he has taken on the vows of poverty and chastity?
5. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Alatiel after she is taken to safety?
2. How does Brother Alberto take advantage of Lisetta whom he calls Lady Halfwit?
3. How dies Alatiel end up on the island of Majorca?
4. How does Tancredi discover the affair between Ghismunda and Guiscardo?
5. What ultimately happens after Ciappelletto dies?
6. Why does Andreuccio di Pietro travel to Naples?
7. Why does Isabetta cry over a pot of basil?
8. What happens when the secret of Masetto's affair with the nun gets out?
9. What means of entertainment do the young people devise?
10. After becoming a widow shortly after her marriage, what does Ghismunda see her father, Tancredi, has no plans of doing?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)