|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
(b) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
(c) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
(d) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
2. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
(a) she goes alone to Jerusalem.
(b) she goes alone to study in Alexandria.
(c) she goes alone to explore the Egyptian desert.
(d) she goes alone to Greece.
3. Eventually, who does Ghismunda marry as arranged by her father?
(a) her father's best friend.
(b) a duke's son who dies shortly after the wedding.
(c) a duke who beats her regularly.
(d) a merchant who does not require a dowry.
4. How does Monna Lisetta meet Brother Alberto?
(a) see meets him in the market.
(b) she comes to Brother Alberto to confess her sins.
(c) she is introduced by her sister.
(d) she hears him preach in church.
5. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
(a) She is caring for her father, Tancredi, in his old age.
(b) Her father refuses to look for a husband for her.
(c) She never accepts the men her father brings home.
(d) She is homely and the men do not consider her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Masetto interested in the gardening job?
2. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
3. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
4. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
5. What does Tancredi have done to Guiscardo after he learns of his affair with Ghismunda?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Andreuccio di Pietro travel to Naples?
2. How does Andreuccio turn the tales on the two robbers?
3. Why does Isabetta cry over a pot of basil?
4. What do the brothers think when they hear Ciappelletto's confession?
5. How does Brother Alberto take advantage of Lisetta whom he calls Lady Halfwit?
6. What do the village women tell Alibech after she explains how she put the devil back into hell with Rustico.
7. What is the quandary the Florentine brothers find themselves in when Ciappelletto becomes so ill?
8. How does Tancredi discover the affair between Ghismunda and Guiscardo?
9. How dies Alatiel end up on the island of Majorca?
10. What ultimately happens after Ciappelletto dies?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)