|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tancredi have done to Guiscardo after he learns of his affair with Ghismunda?
(a) Guiscardo is made to pay money for his transgression.
(b) Guiscardo is sent to prison.
(c) Guiscardo is murdered and his heart cut out.
(d) Guiscardo is forced into exile.
2. When does Masetto return to his village of Lamporecchio?
(a) after several of the nuns get pregnant.
(b) after the death of the abbess.
(c) after he has finished landscaping the garden.
(d) after a new, younger gardener arrives.
3. What does Rustico tell Alibech to do?
(a) do like him and remove her clothes.
(b) lift her skirts to let him see her sin.
(c) cover her eyes while he undresses.
(d) watch as he removes his clothes.
4. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
(a) he is transfered to another monastery.
(b) he is worn out and can no longer pleasure Alibech.
(c) he is caught and publicly whipped.
(d) he repents and sends Alibech away.
5. Who is Alatiel?
(a) the daughter of the sultan of Babylon.
(b) the princess betrothed to the sultan of Babylon.
(c) the favorite concubine of the sultan of Babylon.
(d) the wife of the sultan of Babylon.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who determines to discover the real identity of Monna Lisetta's angel?
2. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
3. What name does Alberto give Monna Lisetta that indicates how bright she is?
4. Why is Masetto sleeping in the garden when the abbess finds him and begins to lust after him?
5. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the happy occasion for Alatiel as she prepares to get married.
2. What does Alibech learn from Rustico?
3. Describe the character of Ciappelletto who is put in charge of the affairs of Musciatto Franzesi .
4. How does Tancredi discover the affair between Ghismunda and Guiscardo?
5. How does Andreuccio become the victim of a scam in Naples?
6. What do the village women tell Alibech after she explains how she put the devil back into hell with Rustico.
7. What do the brothers think when they hear Ciappelletto's confession?
8. After becoming a widow shortly after her marriage, what does Ghismunda see her father, Tancredi, has no plans of doing?
9. How does Andreuccio turn the tales on the two robbers?
10. How does Masetto come to the attention of the abbess?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)