|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
(a) a merchant.
(b) a bandit.
(c) a prince.
(d) a magician.
2. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he is discovered to be a liar.
(b) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
(c) he survives for another twenty years.
(d) he becomes thought of as a saint.
3. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
(a) he wants to convert to Christianity.
(b) he wants to become a monk.
(c) he wants to reaffirm his Jewish faith.
(d) he wants to confront a rabbi.
4. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
(a) most of them are murdered so she can be taken.
(b) most of them abandon her.
(c) most of them commit suicide.
(d) most of them sell her to other men.
5. How does Isabetta learn of Lorenzo's fate?
(a) an angel tells her in a dream.
(b) he comes to her in a dream.
(c) she accidentally finds his shallow grave.
(d) a witness to his murder comes to tell her.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Masetto return to his village of Lamporecchio?
2. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
3. Why is Masetto interested in the gardening job?
4. What does Ghismunda do with Guiscardo's heart?
5. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the handsome Masetto manage to become the gardener for a convent of eight nuns and an abbess?
2. What means of entertainment do the young people devise?
3. What are the circumstances surrounding the disappearance of Lorenzo, the lover of Isabetta?
4. What is the quandary the Florentine brothers find themselves in when Ciappelletto becomes so ill?
5. What do the village women tell Alibech after she explains how she put the devil back into hell with Rustico.
6. Why is it so easy for Berto della Massa to take on the persona of Brother Alberto, a minor friar?
7. What is the ambition of Alibech and where does it take her?
8. What happens that returns Alibech to her village?
9. Why does Andreuccio di Pietro travel to Naples?
10. What ultimately happens after Ciappelletto dies?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)