|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
(a) he makes a large donation to the church.
(b) he lies about everything in his past life.
(c) he becomes seriously penitent for his past sins.
(d) he confesses under an assumed name.
2. What does Alibech find surprising?
(a) that serving God is so pleasurable.
(b) that the Devil cannot enter her hell very often.
(c) that using her hell does not hurt her.
(d) that Rustico's Devil keeps coming back.
3. Who determines to discover the real identity of Monna Lisetta's angel?
(a) her in-laws.
(b) the next door neighbors.
(c) her brothers.
(d) the abbot of the monastery.
4. Where does Alibech sleep?
(a) in a closet in the monastery.
(b) on the floor of Rustico's cell.
(c) in Rustico's bed.
(d) outside the monastery.
5. After Ghismunda chooses Guiscardo as her lover, what complicates their relationship?
(a) they must meet in secret.
(b) they have nowhere to meet.
(c) Guiscardo's father is Tancredi's mortal enemy.
(d) Ghismunda becomes pregnant.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Masetto return to his village of Lamporecchio?
2. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
3. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
4. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
5. What does the foolish girl, Alibech, want to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Masetto come to the attention of the abbess?
2. After becoming a widow shortly after her marriage, what does Ghismunda see her father, Tancredi, has no plans of doing?
3. How does Ciappelletto become aware of the brothers' situation?
4. What means of entertainment do the young people devise?
5. Why does Andreuccio di Pietro travel to Naples?
6. How does Andreuccio turn the tales on the two robbers?
7. Describe the character of Ciappelletto who is put in charge of the affairs of Musciatto Franzesi .
8. How does the handsome Masetto manage to become the gardener for a convent of eight nuns and an abbess?
9. What happens to Ciappelletto while staying with two Florentine brothers in Burgundy?
10. What eventually transpires between Masetto and one of the nuns?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)