|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Peronella tell her lover to hide?
(a) in the closet.
(b) under the bed.
(c) behind the door.
(d) in a barrel.
2. What does Peronella's lover do while she supervises her husband?
(a) eats some of Peronella's apple pie.
(b) looks for his underwear.
(c) runs out of the house and disappears.
(d) uses her position to pleasure them both.
3. After her son dies, what does Monna Giovanna decide to do?
(a) kill Frederico.
(b) marry Frederico.
(c) join a convent.
(d) buy Frederico a new falcon.
4. What does Bondone say people would think after looking at Rabatta?
(a) he looks more like a chimney sweep.
(b) he is so ugly he has to slip up on water to get a drink.
(c) he is too simple to know his alphabet.
(d) he has shifty eyes like a criminal.
5. What happens when Ricciardo learns of Caterina's love for him?
(a) Caterina and Ricciardo elope to Venice.
(b) Caterina plays hard to get.
(c) Caterina and Ricciardo begin an affair.
(d) Ricciardo asks for her hand in marriage.
6. Why does the Brother from St. Anthony's monastery travel each year to a nearby village?
(a) to feed the poor.
(b) to take confessions.
(c) to give alms.
(d) to collect alms.
7. As they travel along, what do Rabatta and Bondone begin to do?
(a) play a guessing game.
(b) sing songs to keep up their courage.
(c) discuss their respective businesses.
(d) insult each other about their looks.
8. What is the transgression of the abbess who is told in the middle of the night about a nun who has been caught with her lover?
(a) the abbess worships the Devil.
(b) the abbess is a vicious gossip.
(c) the abbess takes opium.
(d) the abbess also has a lover.
9. How does Ricciardo avoid being killed for his transgression?
(a) he jumps naked from the balcony and runs away.
(b) he pretends that he has lost him memory.
(c) he agrees to marry Caterina.
(d) he agrees to pay a bag of gold.
10. How does Frederigo waste his fortune?
(a) on travel to exotic places to impress Monna Giovanna.
(b) on jewels and gifts to impress Monna Giovanna.
(c) on jousts and other things to impress Monna Giovanna.
(d) on elaborate parties to impress Monna Giovanna.
11. What does Monna Giovanna determine to do?
(a) take her son back to the city.
(b) ask Frederico for his falcon.
(c) ask Frederico to marry her.
(d) invite Frederico to dinner.
12. Who is the somewhat spoiled Caterina?
(a) the sister of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
(b) the wife of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
(c) the daughter of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
(d) the cousin of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
13. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
(a) her beloved nightingale.
(b) the bedpost.
(c) a bouquet of roses.
(d) Ricciardo's dagger.
14. Why has Peronella's husband come home in the middle of the day?
(a) to get something to eat.
(b) to look for some tools he forgot that morning.
(c) to sell the barrel that takes up room in their house.
(d) to spend more time with his wife.
15. What promise does Brother Onion make to the villagers this time?
(a) to show them frakincense and myrrh.
(b) to show them how to walk on water.
(c) to show them a relic of the cross.
(d) to show them a feather from the wings of Gabriel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men leave in Brother Onion's room?
2. What do the other nuns expect the abbess to do to the nun with a lover?
3. What happens when Brother Onion reaches into the box supposedly containing Gabriel's feather?
4. How do Gualtieri and his wife get back together?
5. What friendship does Monna Giovanna's son strike up in the country?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)