|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the two friends tell Brother Onion what they had done?
(a) they all have a good laugh.
(b) they agree that everything worked out well.
(c) Brother Onion kicks both of them.
(d) Brother Onion gives them absolution.
2. When Gualtieri finally marries, what does he decide to do?
(a) lock his wife away in a tower.
(b) share his wife with his cousin.
(c) test his wife to see if she is faithful.
(d) kill his wife and marry a young girl.
3. What story does Gianni tell to excuse himself from taking Pietro's bed that night?
(a) he claims to have a spell that turns himself into a horse.
(b) he claims to know a spell that will turn his mare into a woman.
(c) he claims to have a spell to turn hay into a bed.
(d) he claims to be able to sleep while on his mare.
4. How does Calandrino know that he no longer has magic powers?
(a) when his wife can see him and scolds him for being late.
(b) when his wife finds the stones and throws them out.
(c) when his wife leaves him for a lover.
(d) when his wife breaks a mirror over his head.
5. What is the name of the Brother from the monastery of St. Anthony that is the same as the name of a vegetable?
(a) Brother Onion.
(b) Brother Endive.
(c) Brother Carrot.
(d) Brother Kale.
6. What is Ricciardo's plan after Caterina makes her bed on the balcony?
(a) to climb the wall and join her in her bed.
(b) to sing love songs to her beneath the balcony.
(c) to get to the balcony through a window.
(d) to watch her in the moonlight.
7. When Don Gianni visit the house of the poor Pietro da Tresanti, what is the situation?
(a) there is only one bed in the house.
(b) there are no chairs in the house.
(c) the house contains the stable.
(d) there is not enough food in the house.
8. What causes Brother Onion's servant to leave his post?
(a) a game of dice.
(b) a parade in the street.
(c) a pretty maid.
(d) the smell of cooking meat.
9. What does Peronella's lover do while she supervises her husband?
(a) uses her position to pleasure them both.
(b) looks for his underwear.
(c) eats some of Peronella's apple pie.
(d) runs out of the house and disappears.
10. Where does Peronella tell her lover to hide?
(a) behind the door.
(b) in a barrel.
(c) in the closet.
(d) under the bed.
11. Who discovers the two lovers the next morning in their compromising situation?
(a) Caterina's mother.
(b) Messer Lizio di Valbona.
(c) Caterina's brother.
(d) the butler.
12. What promise does Brother Onion make to the villagers this time?
(a) to show them a feather from the wings of Gabriel.
(b) to show them how to walk on water.
(c) to show them frakincense and myrrh.
(d) to show them a relic of the cross.
13. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic stones, how do his friends play a trick on him?
(a) they pretend that he can read their minds.
(b) they pretend that he is invisible.
(c) they pretend that he has super human strength.
(d) they pretend that he knows the future.
14. What retort does the wayward nun have for the abbess?
(a) that the abbess just does not know what she has missed.
(b) that she is also guilty and wears a man's pants on her head.
(c) that her lover is the brother of the abbess' lover.
(d) that the abbess wears a table cloth on her head.
15. What does the abbess mistake for her veil in the darkness?
(a) a pair of bloomers.
(b) a table cloth.
(c) her lover's pants.
(d) the bed sheet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the somewhat spoiled Caterina?
2. What does Don Gianni di Barolo have that shows his wealth?
3. How does Ricciardo avoid being killed for his transgression?
4. When the weather does not change, what do Rabatta and Bondone decide to do?
5. Where does Tingoccio tell Meuccio he now is?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)