|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
(a) her beloved nightingale.
(b) a bouquet of roses.
(c) Ricciardo's dagger.
(d) the bedpost.
2. What is the transgression of the abbess who is told in the middle of the night about a nun who has been caught with her lover?
(a) the abbess is a vicious gossip.
(b) the abbess also has a lover.
(c) the abbess takes opium.
(d) the abbess worships the Devil.
3. Why does Frederigo leave the city for his farm?
(a) it is cheaper to live there.
(b) the bill collectors will not find him there.
(c) it is a better place for his falcon.
(d) he will not have to see Monna Giovanna.
4. What does Gianni have the wife do before casting his spell?
(a) she has to remove her clothes and get down on all fours.
(b) she has to put a blindfold on her husband.
(c) she has to remove her clothes and prance around the room.
(d) she has to whinny like a mare.
5. What is the Baronci family of Florence noted for?
(a) their charity.
(b) their ugliness.
(c) their poverty.
(d) their beauty.
6. When the weather does not change, what do Rabatta and Bondone decide to do?
(a) continue their trek.
(b) stay the night.
(c) rent a carriage.
(d) go back the way they came.
7. For what crime does Tingoccio tell Meuccio that there is no real punishment?
(a) for having the affair with the mother of his godson.
(b) for stealing loaves of bread.
(c) for lusting after beautiful girls.
(d) for beating his wife.
8. On the road, how do Rabatta and Bondone dress?
(a) as penniless peasants.
(b) as traveling jesters.
(c) as knights.
(d) as magistrates.
9. What does the abbess mistake for her veil in the darkness?
(a) her lover's pants.
(b) a pair of bloomers.
(c) a table cloth.
(d) the bed sheet.
10. What does Peronella's lover do while she supervises her husband?
(a) looks for his underwear.
(b) runs out of the house and disappears.
(c) uses her position to pleasure them both.
(d) eats some of Peronella's apple pie.
11. How do Gualtieri and his wife get back together?
(a) she disguises herself and he takes her as a lover.
(b) the marquis orders Gualtieri to take her back.
(c) he honors her after she passes all his tests.
(d) his children plead on their mother's behalf.
12. What do the simple-minded Pietro and his wife want Don Gianni to do?
(a) cast a spell to enlarge their house.
(b) turn their donkey into a mare.
(c) cast a spell that will turn the wife into a mare.
(d) teach them how to cast spells.
13. What does Monna Giovanna determine to do?
(a) ask Frederico to marry her.
(b) ask Frederico for his falcon.
(c) invite Frederico to dinner.
(d) take her son back to the city.
14. Why do the villagers look forward to the arrival of the monk from St. Anthony's monastery?
(a) they know he brings gifts.
(b) they like to help the monks.
(c) they have a feast when he comes.
(d) they like to hear his stories.
15. How does Frederigo waste his fortune?
(a) on travel to exotic places to impress Monna Giovanna.
(b) on jewels and gifts to impress Monna Giovanna.
(c) on jousts and other things to impress Monna Giovanna.
(d) on elaborate parties to impress Monna Giovanna.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Ricciardo's plan after Caterina makes her bed on the balcony?
2. What promise does Brother Onion make to the villagers this time?
3. When does Peronella's lover come to visit her?
4. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
5. What is the name of the Brother from the monastery of St. Anthony that is the same as the name of a vegetable?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)