|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gianni have the wife do before casting his spell?
(a) she has to put a blindfold on her husband.
(b) she has to remove her clothes and prance around the room.
(c) she has to whinny like a mare.
(d) she has to remove her clothes and get down on all fours.
2. How does the wayward nun respond to the abbess' reprimand?
(a) she dies suddenly.
(b) she is immediately contrite.
(c) she is unrepentant.
(d) she hides her face in shame.
3. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
(a) Ricciardo's dagger.
(b) her beloved nightingale.
(c) the bedpost.
(d) a bouquet of roses.
4. On the road, how do Rabatta and Bondone dress?
(a) as penniless peasants.
(b) as magistrates.
(c) as traveling jesters.
(d) as knights.
5. After her son dies, what does Monna Giovanna decide to do?
(a) join a convent.
(b) marry Frederico.
(c) kill Frederico.
(d) buy Frederico a new falcon.
6. How do Gualtieri and his wife get back together?
(a) he honors her after she passes all his tests.
(b) the marquis orders Gualtieri to take her back.
(c) his children plead on their mother's behalf.
(d) she disguises herself and he takes her as a lover.
7. What warning does Don Gianni give the couple before he casts his spell?
(a) if they speak, the spell will be broken.
(b) if they look the spell will be broken.
(c) if they do not comply the spell will be broken.
(d) if they write anything the spell will be broken.
8. What is Rabatta's profession?
(a) he is a noted university teacher.
(b) he is a master sculptor.
(c) he is a cleric.
(d) he is an expert in jurisprudence.
9. While Peronella's husband is inside cleaning the barrel, what is Peronella doing?
(a) scolding her husband for leaving work.
(b) bending over the barrel to supervise.
(c) rushing her lover out of the house.
(d) trying to think where her lover will get the money.
10. At what point does Pietro speak and break the spell?
(a) when he asks Gianni to repeat placing the tail.
(b) when he objects to where Gianni places the tail on his wife.
(c) when he asks to place the tail on his wife himself.
(d) when he asks his wife if she now feels like a mare.
11. For what crime does Tingoccio tell Meuccio that there is no real punishment?
(a) for lusting after beautiful girls.
(b) for having the affair with the mother of his godson.
(c) for stealing loaves of bread.
(d) for beating his wife.
12. How does he explain the charcoal?
(a) that it is a relic from the destruction of Jerusalem.
(b) that it is a relic of the destruction of Sodom.
(c) that it is a relic from a fire where Jesus warmed his hands.
(d) that it is a relic of St. Lorenzo who was burned at the stake.
13. What does Peronella's lover do while she supervises her husband?
(a) runs out of the house and disappears.
(b) uses her position to pleasure them both.
(c) eats some of Peronella's apple pie.
(d) looks for his underwear.
14. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic stones, how do his friends play a trick on him?
(a) they pretend that he knows the future.
(b) they pretend that he can read their minds.
(c) they pretend that he is invisible.
(d) they pretend that he has super human strength.
15. When Gualtieri finally marries, what does he decide to do?
(a) kill his wife and marry a young girl.
(b) test his wife to see if she is faithful.
(c) lock his wife away in a tower.
(d) share his wife with his cousin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Tingoccio Mini and Meuccio di Tura?
2. What does Monna Giovanna discover after dinner?
3. What do the villagers know of the Brother from St. Anthony's who comes once a year?
4. What do the simple-minded Pietro and his wife want Don Gianni to do?
5. What does Peronella do shortly after her marriage?
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)