|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Tingoccio tell Meuccio he now is?
(a) in Heaven eating ambrosia with the angels.
(b) in limbo waiting for his judgment.
(c) in Hell for having an affair.
(d) in Purgatory explaining away his past sins.
2. How does the wayward nun respond to the abbess' reprimand?
(a) she is unrepentant.
(b) she is immediately contrite.
(c) she hides her face in shame.
(d) she dies suddenly.
3. What is the avocation of Gualtieri, the son of a wealthy marquis in Saluzzo?
(a) he paints pictures of unclothed young girls.
(b) he chases all the pretty girls in the village.
(c) he spends his days hunting and hawking.
(d) he drinks every day in the tavern.
4. How do Gualtieri and his wife get back together?
(a) the marquis orders Gualtieri to take her back.
(b) he honors her after she passes all his tests.
(c) she disguises herself and he takes her as a lover.
(d) his children plead on their mother's behalf.
5. What is Rabatta's profession?
(a) he is a cleric.
(b) he is a noted university teacher.
(c) he is a master sculptor.
(d) he is an expert in jurisprudence.
6. How does he explain the charcoal?
(a) that it is a relic from a fire where Jesus warmed his hands.
(b) that it is a relic of the destruction of Sodom.
(c) that it is a relic from the destruction of Jerusalem.
(d) that it is a relic of St. Lorenzo who was burned at the stake.
7. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
(a) they wait until Caterina's father leaves the house.
(b) they fall asleep.
(c) they slip back into the house.
(d) they cannot find their clothes.
8. What do Messer Forese da Rabatta and Giotto di Bondone have in common with the Baronci family?
(a) they are Romans.
(b) they are Napalitans.
(c) they are ugly.
(d) they are religious.
9. With whom does Tingoccio have an affair?
(a) Meuccio's wife.
(b) the wife of his nearest neighbor.
(c) the woman who is the mother of Tingoccio's godson.
(d) Meuccio's daughter.
10. Why does the Brother from St. Anthony's monastery travel each year to a nearby village?
(a) to take confessions.
(b) to collect alms.
(c) to feed the poor.
(d) to give alms.
11. Why has Peronella's husband come home in the middle of the day?
(a) to look for some tools he forgot that morning.
(b) to spend more time with his wife.
(c) to get something to eat.
(d) to sell the barrel that takes up room in their house.
12. What is the Baronci family of Florence noted for?
(a) their charity.
(b) their ugliness.
(c) their poverty.
(d) their beauty.
13. When Gualtieri finally marries, what does he decide to do?
(a) test his wife to see if she is faithful.
(b) lock his wife away in a tower.
(c) kill his wife and marry a young girl.
(d) share his wife with his cousin.
14. Where do the two men who played the trick go the next day?
(a) to hide in the confessional.
(b) to hear Brother Onion's sermon.
(c) to wait up in a tree.
(d) to wait outside the church.
15. What does Monna Giovanna discover after dinner?
(a) the falcon has gotten away.
(b) Frederico has sold his falcon.
(c) she has just eaten the very thing she desired.
(d) Frederico cannot part with his falcon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Frederigo waste his fortune?
2. What poses a problem for the two men who plan to play a trick on Brother Onion?
3. What promise does Brother Onion make to the villagers this time?
4. What do the men leave in Brother Onion's room?
5. On the road, how do Rabatta and Bondone dress?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)