|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ricciardo's plan after Caterina makes her bed on the balcony?
(a) to sing love songs to her beneath the balcony.
(b) to climb the wall and join her in her bed.
(c) to get to the balcony through a window.
(d) to watch her in the moonlight.
2. How does Calandrino know that he no longer has magic powers?
(a) when his wife leaves him for a lover.
(b) when his wife finds the stones and throws them out.
(c) when his wife can see him and scolds him for being late.
(d) when his wife breaks a mirror over his head.
3. What do the men leave in Brother Onion's room?
(a) a bag full of onions.
(b) a book with blank pages.
(c) a map to the place where they plan to hide the feather.
(d) a box with a piece of charcoal in it.
4. What is the relationship between Tingoccio Mini and Meuccio di Tura?
(a) they are cousins.
(b) they are best friends.
(c) they are mortal enemies.
(d) they are brothers-in-law.
5. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic stones, how do his friends play a trick on him?
(a) they pretend that he is invisible.
(b) they pretend that he has super human strength.
(c) they pretend that he can read their minds.
(d) they pretend that he knows the future.
6. After her son dies, what does Monna Giovanna decide to do?
(a) marry Frederico.
(b) join a convent.
(c) buy Frederico a new falcon.
(d) kill Frederico.
7. What is Rabatta's profession?
(a) he is a noted university teacher.
(b) he is a master sculptor.
(c) he is a cleric.
(d) he is an expert in jurisprudence.
8. Why is the marquis displeased with his son?
(a) Gualtieri has shown no interest in marriage.
(b) Gualtieri has a lover who is married.
(c) Gualtieri has a preference for men.
(d) Gualtieri has a desire to become a friar.
9. Who are Calandrino, Bruno and Buffalmacco?
(a) three simpletons who work as painters.
(b) three monks who learn alchemy.
(c) three wizards to look for the magic heliotrope.
(d) three friends who rob travelers.
10. When Gualtieri finally marries, what does he decide to do?
(a) lock his wife away in a tower.
(b) test his wife to see if she is faithful.
(c) kill his wife and marry a young girl.
(d) share his wife with his cousin.
11. Why does Frederigo leave the city for his farm?
(a) he will not have to see Monna Giovanna.
(b) the bill collectors will not find him there.
(c) it is cheaper to live there.
(d) it is a better place for his falcon.
12. What does the abbess intend to do when she confronts the wayward nun?
(a) give her a stern lecture.
(b) send her and everyone back to bed.
(c) take her confession.
(d) console her.
13. What does Monna Giovanna discover after dinner?
(a) Frederico cannot part with his falcon.
(b) Frederico has sold his falcon.
(c) she has just eaten the very thing she desired.
(d) the falcon has gotten away.
14. After the death of her husband, where does Monna Giovanna take her son?
(a) to live with his grandfather.
(b) on an extended trip.
(c) to the country near Frederigo's farm.
(d) to the south of Italy.
15. What does the abbess mistake for her veil in the darkness?
(a) a table cloth.
(b) a pair of bloomers.
(c) the bed sheet.
(d) her lover's pants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do two men who know Brother Onion well suspect?
2. How does Rabatta insult Bondone?
3. Where does Peronella tell her lover to hide?
4. What warning does Don Gianni give the couple before he casts his spell?
5. What do the other nuns expect the abbess to do to the nun with a lover?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)