|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers the two lovers the next morning in their compromising situation?
(a) the butler.
(b) Messer Lizio di Valbona.
(c) Caterina's mother.
(d) Caterina's brother.
2. What do the two men who know Brother Onion plan to do?
(a) exchange the feather for a turkey feather.
(b) slip into his room and steal the feather.
(c) exchange the white feather for a black one.
(d) glue the lid shut on the box containing the feather.
3. What promise does Brother Onion make to the villagers this time?
(a) to show them a feather from the wings of Gabriel.
(b) to show them how to walk on water.
(c) to show them frakincense and myrrh.
(d) to show them a relic of the cross.
4. Why is the marquis displeased with his son?
(a) Gualtieri has shown no interest in marriage.
(b) Gualtieri has a desire to become a friar.
(c) Gualtieri has a preference for men.
(d) Gualtieri has a lover who is married.
5. How does Ricciardo avoid being killed for his transgression?
(a) he agrees to marry Caterina.
(b) he agrees to pay a bag of gold.
(c) he jumps naked from the balcony and runs away.
(d) he pretends that he has lost him memory.
6. What happens when the two friends tell Brother Onion what they had done?
(a) Brother Onion kicks both of them.
(b) they all have a good laugh.
(c) they agree that everything worked out well.
(d) Brother Onion gives them absolution.
7. What is Bondone's profession?
(a) he is a noted composer.
(b) he is a prominent merchant.
(c) he is a knight in the court.
(d) he is a noted artist.
8. While Peronella's husband is inside cleaning the barrel, what is Peronella doing?
(a) scolding her husband for leaving work.
(b) trying to think where her lover will get the money.
(c) bending over the barrel to supervise.
(d) rushing her lover out of the house.
9. On the road, how do Rabatta and Bondone dress?
(a) as penniless peasants.
(b) as knights.
(c) as magistrates.
(d) as traveling jesters.
10. What is Ricciardo's plan after Caterina makes her bed on the balcony?
(a) to climb the wall and join her in her bed.
(b) to sing love songs to her beneath the balcony.
(c) to watch her in the moonlight.
(d) to get to the balcony through a window.
11. When does Peronella's lover come to visit her?
(a) on the days her husband goes to the next village.
(b) when Peronella gives sleeping powder to her husband.
(c) in the daytime when her husband is at work.
(d) at night after her husband falls asleep.
12. What suddenly happens to Monna Giovanna's son?
(a) he runs away to the city.
(b) he commits a crime.
(c) he becomes ill.
(d) he falls in love with a farm girl.
13. What do Messer Forese da Rabatta and Giotto di Bondone have in common with the Baronci family?
(a) they are ugly.
(b) they are Napalitans.
(c) they are religious.
(d) they are Romans.
14. What does Bondone say people would think after looking at Rabatta?
(a) he is too simple to know his alphabet.
(b) he has shifty eyes like a criminal.
(c) he looks more like a chimney sweep.
(d) he is so ugly he has to slip up on water to get a drink.
15. What does Caterina say she wants to hear at night?
(a) the breeze in the trees.
(b) the nightingale.
(c) the troubadors.
(d) the crickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what crime does Tingoccio tell Meuccio that there is no real punishment?
2. Why do the villagers look forward to the arrival of the monk from St. Anthony's monastery?
3. How does the wayward nun respond to the abbess' reprimand?
4. What is the relationship between Tingoccio Mini and Meuccio di Tura?
5. Who are Don Gianni di Barolo and Pietro da Tresanti?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)