|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rabatta's profession?
(a) he is an expert in jurisprudence.
(b) he is a cleric.
(c) he is a master sculptor.
(d) he is a noted university teacher.
2. What does Peronella do shortly after her marriage?
(a) she buys a new house.
(b) she takes a lover.
(c) she opens a shop.
(d) she collects and sells barrels.
3. Why is the marquis displeased with his son?
(a) Gualtieri has a preference for men.
(b) Gualtieri has a desire to become a friar.
(c) Gualtieri has shown no interest in marriage.
(d) Gualtieri has a lover who is married.
4. What is the avocation of Gualtieri, the son of a wealthy marquis in Saluzzo?
(a) he paints pictures of unclothed young girls.
(b) he chases all the pretty girls in the village.
(c) he spends his days hunting and hawking.
(d) he drinks every day in the tavern.
5. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
(a) the bedpost.
(b) her beloved nightingale.
(c) Ricciardo's dagger.
(d) a bouquet of roses.
6. With whom does Tingoccio have an affair?
(a) Meuccio's wife.
(b) the woman who is the mother of Tingoccio's godson.
(c) the wife of his nearest neighbor.
(d) Meuccio's daughter.
7. What is Peronella's occupation?
(a) a stone mason.
(b) an innkeeper.
(c) a spinner of wool.
(d) a seamstress.
8. What reason does Caterina give for wanting to change her sleeping arrangements?
(a) she says the fresh night air is good for her.
(b) she says she is all grown up now.
(c) she says it is too hot in her bed and she cannot sleep.
(d) she says she likes to sleep under the stars.
9. Why do the villagers look forward to the arrival of the monk from St. Anthony's monastery?
(a) they like to hear his stories.
(b) they have a feast when he comes.
(c) they know he brings gifts.
(d) they like to help the monks.
10. How are Peronella and her lover surprised one afternoon?
(a) Peronella's husband sends his friend to see her.
(b) Peronella's husband comes to spy on her.
(c) Peronella's husband comes home unexpectedly.
(d) Peronella's husband has an accident at work.
11. How do Gualtieri and his wife get back together?
(a) he honors her after she passes all his tests.
(b) the marquis orders Gualtieri to take her back.
(c) his children plead on their mother's behalf.
(d) she disguises herself and he takes her as a lover.
12. What is the relationship between Tingoccio Mini and Meuccio di Tura?
(a) they are best friends.
(b) they are cousins.
(c) they are brothers-in-law.
(d) they are mortal enemies.
13. What does the abbess mistake for her veil in the darkness?
(a) her lover's pants.
(b) a table cloth.
(c) the bed sheet.
(d) a pair of bloomers.
14. How does Frederigo waste his fortune?
(a) on travel to exotic places to impress Monna Giovanna.
(b) on jewels and gifts to impress Monna Giovanna.
(c) on elaborate parties to impress Monna Giovanna.
(d) on jousts and other things to impress Monna Giovanna.
15. What does Monna Giovanna offer Frederico for the fortune he lost trying to please her?
(a) her jewels.
(c) a chance to please her now.
(d) half her estate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friendship does Monna Giovanna's son strike up in the country?
2. Who are Calandrino, Bruno and Buffalmacco?
3. What does Monna Giovanna discover after dinner?
4. What happens when the two friends tell Brother Onion what they had done?
5. On the road, how do Rabatta and Bondone dress?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)