|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what point does Pietro speak and break the spell?
(a) when he asks Gianni to repeat placing the tail.
(b) when he objects to where Gianni places the tail on his wife.
(c) when he asks to place the tail on his wife himself.
(d) when he asks his wife if she now feels like a mare.
2. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic stones, how do his friends play a trick on him?
(a) they pretend that he knows the future.
(b) they pretend that he has super human strength.
(c) they pretend that he is invisible.
(d) they pretend that he can read their minds.
3. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
(a) they cannot find their clothes.
(b) they wait until Caterina's father leaves the house.
(c) they fall asleep.
(d) they slip back into the house.
4. What does Monna Giovanna determine to do?
(a) invite Frederico to dinner.
(b) ask Frederico to marry her.
(c) ask Frederico for his falcon.
(d) take her son back to the city.
5. Where does Peronella tell her lover to hide?
(a) behind the door.
(b) in the closet.
(c) in a barrel.
(d) under the bed.
6. What happens when the two friends tell Brother Onion what they had done?
(a) Brother Onion gives them absolution.
(b) they agree that everything worked out well.
(c) Brother Onion kicks both of them.
(d) they all have a good laugh.
7. What is the transgression of the abbess who is told in the middle of the night about a nun who has been caught with her lover?
(a) the abbess is a vicious gossip.
(b) the abbess takes opium.
(c) the abbess also has a lover.
(d) the abbess worships the Devil.
8. What do two men who know Brother Onion well suspect?
(a) that he is going to work a miracle.
(b) that he has run out of stories to tell.
(c) that he is trying to trick the villagers.
(d) that he does not really have a feather to show.
9. What does Gianni have the wife do before casting his spell?
(a) she has to put a blindfold on her husband.
(b) she has to whinny like a mare.
(c) she has to remove her clothes and prance around the room.
(d) she has to remove her clothes and get down on all fours.
10. What happens when Ricciardo learns of Caterina's love for him?
(a) Ricciardo asks for her hand in marriage.
(b) Caterina and Ricciardo begin an affair.
(c) Caterina plays hard to get.
(d) Caterina and Ricciardo elope to Venice.
11. What do the men leave in Brother Onion's room?
(a) a bag full of onions.
(b) a map to the place where they plan to hide the feather.
(c) a box with a piece of charcoal in it.
(d) a book with blank pages.
12. What do the other nuns expect the abbess to do to the nun with a lover?
(a) give her a vacation.
(b) send her to her village.
(c) forgive her.
(d) punish her.
13. How does the wayward nun respond to the abbess' reprimand?
(a) she hides her face in shame.
(b) she dies suddenly.
(c) she is unrepentant.
(d) she is immediately contrite.
14. After her son dies, what does Monna Giovanna decide to do?
(a) join a convent.
(b) marry Frederico.
(c) kill Frederico.
(d) buy Frederico a new falcon.
15. For what crime does Tingoccio tell Meuccio that there is no real punishment?
(a) for having the affair with the mother of his godson.
(b) for beating his wife.
(c) for lusting after beautiful girls.
(d) for stealing loaves of bread.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are Don Gianni di Barolo and Pietro da Tresanti?
2. What does Monna Giovanna's son want to possess?
3. What do Messer Forese da Rabatta and Giotto di Bondone have in common with the Baronci family?
4. How does Peronella explain the man who is in the barrel?
5. What poses a problem for the two men who plan to play a trick on Brother Onion?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)