|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the marquis displeased with his son?
(a) Gualtieri has a lover who is married.
(b) Gualtieri has a desire to become a friar.
(c) Gualtieri has a preference for men.
(d) Gualtieri has shown no interest in marriage.
2. Who is the somewhat spoiled Caterina?
(a) the wife of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
(b) the sister of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
(c) the cousin of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
(d) the daughter of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
3. What happens when Ricciardo learns of Caterina's love for him?
(a) Caterina plays hard to get.
(b) Caterina and Ricciardo begin an affair.
(c) Ricciardo asks for her hand in marriage.
(d) Caterina and Ricciardo elope to Venice.
4. What does Peronella's lover do while she supervises her husband?
(a) uses her position to pleasure them both.
(b) runs out of the house and disappears.
(c) eats some of Peronella's apple pie.
(d) looks for his underwear.
5. What does Monna Giovanna discover after dinner?
(a) Frederico cannot part with his falcon.
(b) Frederico has sold his falcon.
(c) the falcon has gotten away.
(d) she has just eaten the very thing she desired.
6. As they travel along, what do Rabatta and Bondone begin to do?
(a) insult each other about their looks.
(b) discuss their respective businesses.
(c) sing songs to keep up their courage.
(d) play a guessing game.
7. Who are Don Gianni di Barolo and Pietro da Tresanti?
(b) businessmen who deal in trading goods.
(c) bankers who extort money from the poor.
(d) competitors for the same lover.
8. What does Peronella do shortly after her marriage?
(a) she opens a shop.
(b) she buys a new house.
(c) she takes a lover.
(d) she collects and sells barrels.
9. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
(a) they cannot find their clothes.
(b) they fall asleep.
(c) they slip back into the house.
(d) they wait until Caterina's father leaves the house.
10. How does Ricciardo avoid being killed for his transgression?
(a) he agrees to pay a bag of gold.
(b) he pretends that he has lost him memory.
(c) he jumps naked from the balcony and runs away.
(d) he agrees to marry Caterina.
11. What do the men leave in Brother Onion's room?
(a) a map to the place where they plan to hide the feather.
(b) a bag full of onions.
(c) a book with blank pages.
(d) a box with a piece of charcoal in it.
12. Why has Peronella's husband come home in the middle of the day?
(a) to look for some tools he forgot that morning.
(b) to spend more time with his wife.
(c) to sell the barrel that takes up room in their house.
(d) to get something to eat.
13. When the weather does not change, what do Rabatta and Bondone decide to do?
(a) continue their trek.
(b) stay the night.
(c) go back the way they came.
(d) rent a carriage.
14. What is the transgression of the abbess who is told in the middle of the night about a nun who has been caught with her lover?
(a) the abbess takes opium.
(b) the abbess is a vicious gossip.
(c) the abbess worships the Devil.
(d) the abbess also has a lover.
15. What does Bondone say people would think after looking at Rabatta?
(a) he is so ugly he has to slip up on water to get a drink.
(b) he has shifty eyes like a criminal.
(c) he looks more like a chimney sweep.
(d) he is too simple to know his alphabet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Caterina give for wanting to change her sleeping arrangements?
2. What does Don Gianni di Barolo have that shows his wealth?
3. While Peronella's husband is inside cleaning the barrel, what is Peronella doing?
4. How does he explain the charcoal?
5. What does Monna Giovanna's son want to possess?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)