|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Peronella's occupation?
(a) a spinner of wool.
(b) a seamstress.
(c) an innkeeper.
(d) a stone mason.
2. What is Bondone's profession?
(a) he is a prominent merchant.
(b) he is a noted artist.
(c) he is a noted composer.
(d) he is a knight in the court.
3. What does Monna Giovanna determine to do?
(a) ask Frederico for his falcon.
(b) take her son back to the city.
(c) ask Frederico to marry her.
(d) invite Frederico to dinner.
4. Why do the villagers look forward to the arrival of the monk from St. Anthony's monastery?
(a) they like to hear his stories.
(b) they like to help the monks.
(c) they know he brings gifts.
(d) they have a feast when he comes.
5. After Tingoccio dies, what does he do that he had promised Meuccio in life?
(a) return to tell what it is like after death.
(b) return to light candles in the church.
(c) show himself to the evil monk in the village.
(d) haunt Meuccio's wife.
6. What does Don Gianni di Barolo have that shows his wealth?
(a) a mare to transport his goods.
(b) a servant to transport his goods.
(c) a wagon to transport his goods.
(d) a donkey to transport his goods.
7. What does Gianni have the wife do before casting his spell?
(a) she has to remove her clothes and prance around the room.
(b) she has to remove her clothes and get down on all fours.
(c) she has to put a blindfold on her husband.
(d) she has to whinny like a mare.
8. What does Frederico, now a poor man, determine to do when Monna Giovanna comes calling?
(a) cook the falcon to serve her for dinner.
(b) order her off his property.
(c) declare his love for her.
(d) hide from her.
9. Who are Calandrino, Bruno and Buffalmacco?
(a) three wizards to look for the magic heliotrope.
(b) three monks who learn alchemy.
(c) three friends who rob travelers.
(d) three simpletons who work as painters.
10. What happens when Ricciardo learns of Caterina's love for him?
(a) Caterina and Ricciardo elope to Venice.
(b) Ricciardo asks for her hand in marriage.
(c) Caterina plays hard to get.
(d) Caterina and Ricciardo begin an affair.
11. What suddenly happens to Monna Giovanna's son?
(a) he falls in love with a farm girl.
(b) he runs away to the city.
(c) he commits a crime.
(d) he becomes ill.
12. Why has Peronella's husband come home in the middle of the day?
(a) to get something to eat.
(b) to sell the barrel that takes up room in their house.
(c) to spend more time with his wife.
(d) to look for some tools he forgot that morning.
13. What does Monna Giovanna offer Frederico for the fortune he lost trying to please her?
(a) half her estate.
(b) her jewels.
(d) a chance to please her now.
14. How does Ricciardo avoid being killed for his transgression?
(a) he pretends that he has lost him memory.
(b) he jumps naked from the balcony and runs away.
(c) he agrees to marry Caterina.
(d) he agrees to pay a bag of gold.
15. How do Gualtieri and his wife get back together?
(a) she disguises herself and he takes her as a lover.
(b) he honors her after she passes all his tests.
(c) the marquis orders Gualtieri to take her back.
(d) his children plead on their mother's behalf.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what crime does Tingoccio tell Meuccio that there is no real punishment?
2. What is the name of the Brother from the monastery of St. Anthony that is the same as the name of a vegetable?
3. What is the Baronci family of Florence noted for?
4. What do the other nuns expect the abbess to do to the nun with a lover?
5. What is Ricciardo's plan after Caterina makes her bed on the balcony?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)