|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the wayward nun respond to the abbess' reprimand?
(a) she hides her face in shame.
(b) she dies suddenly.
(c) she is immediately contrite.
(d) she is unrepentant.
2. Why does Frederigo leave the city for his farm?
(a) it is a better place for his falcon.
(b) he will not have to see Monna Giovanna.
(c) it is cheaper to live there.
(d) the bill collectors will not find him there.
3. What poses a problem for the two men who plan to play a trick on Brother Onion?
(a) his door is locked and there is no window.
(b) they do not know which room is his.
(c) his servant who guards the room.
(d) there are a group of monks standing outside his door.
4. What is Bondone's profession?
(a) he is a noted composer.
(b) he is a noted artist.
(c) he is a prominent merchant.
(d) he is a knight in the court.
5. At what point does Pietro speak and break the spell?
(a) when he asks Gianni to repeat placing the tail.
(b) when he objects to where Gianni places the tail on his wife.
(c) when he asks to place the tail on his wife himself.
(d) when he asks his wife if she now feels like a mare.
6. For what crime does Tingoccio tell Meuccio that there is no real punishment?
(a) for beating his wife.
(b) for stealing loaves of bread.
(c) for lusting after beautiful girls.
(d) for having the affair with the mother of his godson.
7. What friendship does Monna Giovanna's son strike up in the country?
(a) with Falco.
(b) with Frederico.
(c) with Fernando.
(d) with Giovanni.
8. When Rabatta and Bondone meet on the road to Florence, what happens to cause them to seek shelter?
(a) it starts to rain.
(b) the night falls suddenly.
(c) highwaymen are spotted.
(d) a high wind begins to blow.
9. What does Caterina beg her parents to allow her to do?
(a) to sleep in a room by herself.
(b) to sleep in another part of the house.
(c) to sleep under an arbor in the garden.
(d) to sleep on the balcony outside her bedroom.
10. How do Gualtieri and his wife get back together?
(a) he honors her after she passes all his tests.
(b) his children plead on their mother's behalf.
(c) she disguises herself and he takes her as a lover.
(d) the marquis orders Gualtieri to take her back.
11. What is the relationship between Tingoccio Mini and Meuccio di Tura?
(a) they are brothers-in-law.
(b) they are mortal enemies.
(c) they are cousins.
(d) they are best friends.
12. What does Monna Giovanna's son want to possess?
(a) Frederico's horse.
(b) Frederico's farm.
(c) Frederico's daughter.
(d) Frederico's falcon.
13. After her son dies, what does Monna Giovanna decide to do?
(a) marry Frederico.
(b) kill Frederico.
(c) join a convent.
(d) buy Frederico a new falcon.
14. How does he explain the charcoal?
(a) that it is a relic from the destruction of Jerusalem.
(b) that it is a relic from a fire where Jesus warmed his hands.
(c) that it is a relic of the destruction of Sodom.
(d) that it is a relic of St. Lorenzo who was burned at the stake.
15. What is Peronella's occupation?
(a) a spinner of wool.
(b) a stone mason.
(c) a seamstress.
(d) an innkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the transgression of the abbess who is told in the middle of the night about a nun who has been caught with her lover?
2. What retort does the wayward nun have for the abbess?
3. What does Monna Giovanna offer Frederico for the fortune he lost trying to please her?
4. What happens when Brother Onion reaches into the box supposedly containing Gabriel's feather?
5. What do the two men who know Brother Onion plan to do?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)