|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Peronella's lover do while she supervises her husband?
(a) looks for his underwear.
(b) uses her position to pleasure them both.
(c) eats some of Peronella's apple pie.
(d) runs out of the house and disappears.
2. What is the transgression of the abbess who is told in the middle of the night about a nun who has been caught with her lover?
(a) the abbess is a vicious gossip.
(b) the abbess takes opium.
(c) the abbess worships the Devil.
(d) the abbess also has a lover.
3. What is the passion of Frederigo, a man of noble birth who squanders his fortune for the love of Monna Giovanna?
(a) a fabulous steed.
(b) a prize bull.
(c) a herd of prize sheep.
(d) a prize falcon.
4. What does Gianni have the wife do before casting his spell?
(a) she has to remove her clothes and get down on all fours.
(b) she has to put a blindfold on her husband.
(c) she has to remove her clothes and prance around the room.
(d) she has to whinny like a mare.
5. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
(a) they slip back into the house.
(b) they wait until Caterina's father leaves the house.
(c) they cannot find their clothes.
(d) they fall asleep.
6. What causes Brother Onion's servant to leave his post?
(a) a pretty maid.
(b) the smell of cooking meat.
(c) a game of dice.
(d) a parade in the street.
7. How are Peronella and her lover surprised one afternoon?
(a) Peronella's husband sends his friend to see her.
(b) Peronella's husband comes to spy on her.
(c) Peronella's husband has an accident at work.
(d) Peronella's husband comes home unexpectedly.
8. What is Bondone's profession?
(a) he is a knight in the court.
(b) he is a noted composer.
(c) he is a noted artist.
(d) he is a prominent merchant.
9. What does Monna Giovanna offer Frederico for the fortune he lost trying to please her?
(a) her jewels.
(b) a chance to please her now.
(c) half her estate.
10. What is the relationship between Tingoccio Mini and Meuccio di Tura?
(a) they are best friends.
(b) they are brothers-in-law.
(c) they are cousins.
(d) they are mortal enemies.
11. With whom does Caterina fall in love?
(a) Berto della Massa, a notorious liar.
(b) Juan Carlos da Vinci, a cousin of Lizio di Valbona.
(c) Ricciardo Manardi da Brettinoro, a friend of Lizio di Valbona.
(d) Ricciardo Manardi da Brettinoro, an enemy of Lizio di Valbona.
12. How does he explain the charcoal?
(a) that it is a relic from a fire where Jesus warmed his hands.
(b) that it is a relic of the destruction of Sodom.
(c) that it is a relic of St. Lorenzo who was burned at the stake.
(d) that it is a relic from the destruction of Jerusalem.
13. After her son dies, what does Monna Giovanna decide to do?
(a) marry Frederico.
(b) join a convent.
(c) buy Frederico a new falcon.
(d) kill Frederico.
14. How does Calandrino know that he no longer has magic powers?
(a) when his wife leaves him for a lover.
(b) when his wife finds the stones and throws them out.
(c) when his wife breaks a mirror over his head.
(d) when his wife can see him and scolds him for being late.
15. What happens when Brother Onion reaches into the box supposedly containing Gabriel's feather?
(a) he falls to pieces.
(b) he pulls out a piece of charcoal.
(c) he faints dead away.
(d) he becomes frightened.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Monna Giovanna determine to do?
2. What does Monna Giovanna's son want to possess?
3. What does Frederico, now a poor man, determine to do when Monna Giovanna comes calling?
4. What do the simple-minded Pietro and his wife want Don Gianni to do?
5. What retort does the wayward nun have for the abbess?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)