|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Caterina give for wanting to change her sleeping arrangements?
(a) she says the fresh night air is good for her.
(b) she says she likes to sleep under the stars.
(c) she says it is too hot in her bed and she cannot sleep.
(d) she says she is all grown up now.
2. What is the name of the Brother from the monastery of St. Anthony that is the same as the name of a vegetable?
(a) Brother Carrot.
(b) Brother Onion.
(c) Brother Kale.
(d) Brother Endive.
3. Why is the marquis displeased with his son?
(a) Gualtieri has a lover who is married.
(b) Gualtieri has shown no interest in marriage.
(c) Gualtieri has a preference for men.
(d) Gualtieri has a desire to become a friar.
4. What does Peronella's lover do while she supervises her husband?
(a) eats some of Peronella's apple pie.
(b) uses her position to pleasure them both.
(c) looks for his underwear.
(d) runs out of the house and disappears.
5. When Rabatta and Bondone meet on the road to Florence, what happens to cause them to seek shelter?
(a) highwaymen are spotted.
(b) the night falls suddenly.
(c) a high wind begins to blow.
(d) it starts to rain.
6. How does Rabatta insult Bondone?
(a) by saying a look at him and no one would guess he is an artist.
(b) by saying he is so ugly a mirror breaks when he looks in.
(c) by saying it is good that he is not an artist's model.
(d) by saying that he should paint his face to hide the ugly.
7. What does Monna Giovanna determine to do?
(a) ask Frederico to marry her.
(b) ask Frederico for his falcon.
(c) invite Frederico to dinner.
(d) take her son back to the city.
8. What does the abbess mistake for her veil in the darkness?
(a) a pair of bloomers.
(b) the bed sheet.
(c) a table cloth.
(d) her lover's pants.
9. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
(a) they slip back into the house.
(b) they fall asleep.
(c) they wait until Caterina's father leaves the house.
(d) they cannot find their clothes.
10. With whom does Caterina fall in love?
(a) Ricciardo Manardi da Brettinoro, a friend of Lizio di Valbona.
(b) Ricciardo Manardi da Brettinoro, an enemy of Lizio di Valbona.
(c) Berto della Massa, a notorious liar.
(d) Juan Carlos da Vinci, a cousin of Lizio di Valbona.
11. What do the two men who know Brother Onion plan to do?
(a) exchange the feather for a turkey feather.
(b) slip into his room and steal the feather.
(c) exchange the white feather for a black one.
(d) glue the lid shut on the box containing the feather.
12. What causes Brother Onion's servant to leave his post?
(a) a pretty maid.
(b) the smell of cooking meat.
(c) a game of dice.
(d) a parade in the street.
13. What story does Gianni tell to excuse himself from taking Pietro's bed that night?
(a) he claims to be able to sleep while on his mare.
(b) he claims to have a spell that turns himself into a horse.
(c) he claims to have a spell to turn hay into a bed.
(d) he claims to know a spell that will turn his mare into a woman.
14. What is Peronella's occupation?
(a) a stone mason.
(b) an innkeeper.
(c) a seamstress.
(d) a spinner of wool.
15. What is Rabatta's profession?
(a) he is an expert in jurisprudence.
(b) he is a master sculptor.
(c) he is a noted university teacher.
(d) he is a cleric.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
2. After Tingoccio dies, what does he do that he had promised Meuccio in life?
3. What is Ricciardo's plan after Caterina makes her bed on the balcony?
4. What does Frederico, now a poor man, determine to do when Monna Giovanna comes calling?
5. How do Gualtieri and his wife get back together?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)