|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Isabetta fall in love and begin an affair?
(a) the man who grooms her brothers' horses.
(b) Lorenzo, the man who takes care of much of the family business.
(c) the man who tends the family gardens.
(d) the tutor who comes to give her lessons.
2. What does Tancredi have done to Guiscardo after he learns of his affair with Ghismunda?
(a) Guiscardo is made to pay money for his transgression.
(b) Guiscardo is sent to prison.
(c) Guiscardo is forced into exile.
(d) Guiscardo is murdered and his heart cut out.
3. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
(a) by claiming to be his long lost sister.
(b) by claiming to be his late brother's mistress.
(c) by cliaming to be in great distress.
(d) by claiming to be a fortune teller.
4. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
(b) he makes him his chamberlain.
(c) he makes him his regent.
(d) he builds him a palace.
5. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
6. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) she promises to produce a male heir.
(b) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(c) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
(d) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
7. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
(a) he is such a liar that no one will have dealings with him.
(b) he is wanted for murder.
(c) he plans to steal gold from the church.
(d) he wants to find out what monks do in their cells.
8. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
(a) to Antioch.
(b) to a monastery.
(c) to Rome.
(d) to Jerusalem.
9. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
(a) the gardener.
(b) the woman's husband.
(c) the abbot of the monastery.
(d) the other monks in the monastery.
10. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
(a) the children.
(b) the clergy.
(c) other Jews.
(d) the laity.
11. Who does Alibech eventually meet?
(a) a monk named Rustico.
(b) a thief named Rustico.
(c) a priest named Quantico.
(d) a friar named Alfonzo.
12. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
(a) she is too stupid to learn his truths.
(b) she asks too many questions disturbing his meditations.
(c) she is beautiful and he cannot trust himself around her.
(d) he tells her everything he has to tell.
13. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
(a) a gold crown.
(b) a ruby ring.
(c) a bag of silver.
(d) a prize horse.
14. What does the foolish girl, Alibech, want to do?
(a) prove there is no God.
(b) to find one who can teach the ways of the Lord.
(c) learn about sex.
(d) become a warrior for God.
15. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
(a) he confesses under an assumed name.
(b) he becomes seriously penitent for his past sins.
(c) he makes a large donation to the church.
(d) he lies about everything in his past life.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
2. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
3. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
4. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
5. What results after Monna Lisetta believes Alberto's story and agrees to comply?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)