|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
(a) he is blind and cannot see her beauty.
(b) he is eager to test his willpower against her beauty.
(c) he is lecherous and wants to seduce her.
(d) he is eager to save her soul.
2. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
(a) teach him to write.
(b) use sign language.
(c) peek at him in his bath.
(d) poke fun at him.
3. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he builds him a palace.
(b) he makes him his regent.
(c) he makes him his chamberlain.
(d) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
4. What does Ghismunda do when she sees her father will not look for another husband for her?
(a) she goes into the desert.
(b) she joins a convent.
(c) she leaves her father's house.
(d) she seeks out a lover.
5. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he survives for another twenty years.
(b) he is discovered to be a liar.
(c) he becomes thought of as a saint.
(d) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
6. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
(a) with two Franciscan friars.
(b) in an expensive inn that Musciatto pays for.
(c) with two Florentine brothers.
(d) with a needy widow.
7. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
(a) he falls asleep in her room and wakes up to find them together.
(b) he has her followed by a policeman.
(c) he opens her door to see if she is in the house.
(d) he hears gossip on the streets and confronts her.
8. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
(a) he plans to steal gold from the church.
(b) he is such a liar that no one will have dealings with him.
(c) he wants to find out what monks do in their cells.
(d) he is wanted for murder.
9. Who determines to discover the real identity of Monna Lisetta's angel?
(a) the abbot of the monastery.
(b) her in-laws.
(c) the next door neighbors.
(d) her brothers.
10. What does Rustico tell Alibech to do?
(a) cover her eyes while he undresses.
(b) lift her skirts to let him see her sin.
(c) watch as he removes his clothes.
(d) do like him and remove her clothes.
11. Why is Masetto interested in the gardening job?
(a) because he is so religious.
(b) because he is too ugly to work anywhere else.
(c) for the freedoms it allows.
(d) because he has been out of work for a long time.
12. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
(a) he is tied up, robbed, and dumped into a canal.
(b) he becomes ill from poison in his food.
(c) he ends up naked on the street and locked out of the house.
(d) he is arrested by the Naples police for soliciting.
13. What name does Alberto give Monna Lisetta that indicates how bright she is?
(a) Lady Copernicus.
(b) Lady Quickwit.
(c) Lady Genius.
(d) Lady Halfwit
14. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
(a) the clergy.
(b) the laity.
(c) the children.
(d) other Jews.
15. What do the women tell Alibech?
(a) she cannot serve God with their husbands.
(b) there are plenty of men who will help her serve God.
(c) they want to learn how to serve God, too.
(d) she is a stupid girl who trusts men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the monk take a woman?
2. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
3. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
4. What causes the women of Alibech's town to laugh when she returns after the deaths of her family members?
5. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)