Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
(a) She never accepts the men her father brings home.
(b) Her father refuses to look for a husband for her.
(c) She is caring for her father, Tancredi, in his old age.
(d) She is homely and the men do not consider her.
2. Who is Alatiel?
(a) the wife of the sultan of Babylon.
(b) the princess betrothed to the sultan of Babylon.
(c) the favorite concubine of the sultan of Babylon.
(d) the daughter of the sultan of Babylon.
3. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he is a Jewish money lender.
(b) he is a high priest.
(c) he has a map of great treasure.
(d) he is a wise fortune teller.
4. What does Alibech find surprising?
(a) that serving God is so pleasurable.
(b) that Rustico's Devil keeps coming back.
(c) that the Devil cannot enter her hell very often.
(d) that using her hell does not hurt her.
5. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
(a) to Jerusalem.
(b) to Antioch.
(c) to Rome.
(d) to a monastery.
6. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he makes him his chamberlain.
(b) he builds him a palace.
(c) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
(d) he makes him his regent.
7. What does Rustico soon discover?
(a) that he can watch Alibech at her bath.
(b) that Alibech is not as beautiful as he first thought.
(c) that his willpower is not strong enough to resist Alibech.
(d) that Alibech snores and talks in her sleep.
8. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he never leaves her side in Athens.
(b) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
(c) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
(d) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
9. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
(a) in an expensive inn that Musciatto pays for.
(b) with two Franciscan friars.
(c) with two Florentine brothers.
(d) with a needy widow.
10. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
(b) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(c) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(d) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
11. What results after Monna Lisetta believes Alberto's story and agrees to comply?
(a) Alberto gets cold feet and calls it off.
(b) Alberto has to find a suitable place.
(c) they carry on an affair for quite some time.
(d) Monna Lisetta only complies when wearing a blindfold.
12. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
(a) for knowing many kings.
(b) for buying and selling horses.
(c) for dealing in rare jewels.
(d) for finding lost treasure.
13. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
(a) he cannot be openly friends with Abraham as long as he is a Jew.
(b) unless Abraham converts to Christianity, he is sure to go to hell.
(c) he needs to have saved one soul before the year is out.
(d) unless he converts Abraham, he cannot go to heaven himself.
14. How does Isabetta learn of Lorenzo's fate?
(a) she accidentally finds his shallow grave.
(b) he comes to her in a dream.
(c) an angel tells her in a dream.
(d) a witness to his murder comes to tell her.
15. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
(a) make him dance for them in the garden.
(b) take advantage of him to find out what sex is like.
(c) hide his clothes while he is sleeping.
(d) watch him work without his shirt on.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
2. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
3. Why do the nuns keep Masetto in the convent for many years?
4. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
5. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
This section contains 794 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)