|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he survives for another twenty years.
(b) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
(c) he becomes thought of as a saint.
(d) he is discovered to be a liar.
2. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
(a) he wants to find out what monks do in their cells.
(b) he is such a liar that no one will have dealings with him.
(c) he is wanted for murder.
(d) he plans to steal gold from the church.
3. What name does Alberto give Monna Lisetta that indicates how bright she is?
(a) Lady Copernicus.
(b) Lady Quickwit.
(c) Lady Halfwit
(d) Lady Genius.
4. What does Rustico tell Alibech to do?
(a) cover her eyes while he undresses.
(b) lift her skirts to let him see her sin.
(c) watch as he removes his clothes.
(d) do like him and remove her clothes.
5. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
(a) he becomes deathly ill.
(b) he changes his mind about fighting.
(c) he comes to protect the women and children.
(d) he has fallen in love with Alatiel.
6. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
(b) she promises to produce a male heir.
(c) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
(d) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
7. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
(a) most of them commit suicide.
(b) most of them are murdered so she can be taken.
(c) most of them abandon her.
(d) most of them sell her to other men.
8. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
(a) the prince's son.
(b) the prince's brother.
(c) the prince's sister.
(d) the prince's father.
9. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
(a) dress in fine clothes to apply for the job.
(b) wear a bandana over his face.
(c) let the abbess see him without his shirt.
(d) pretend he is a deaf mute.
10. What does Rustico soon discover?
(a) that he can watch Alibech at her bath.
(b) that his willpower is not strong enough to resist Alibech.
(c) that Alibech is not as beautiful as he first thought.
(d) that Alibech snores and talks in her sleep.
11. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
(a) take advantage of him to find out what sex is like.
(b) hide his clothes while he is sleeping.
(c) make him dance for them in the garden.
(d) watch him work without his shirt on.
12. What horrible thing does Tancredi do to his daughter?
(a) he takes away all her clothes so she cannot go outside.
(b) he makes her witness the beheading of Guiscardo.
(c) he lockes her in her room until he dies.
(d) he chops up Guiscardo's heart and has it prepared for her.
13. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(b) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
(c) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(d) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
14. What does Alibech find surprising?
(a) that the Devil cannot enter her hell very often.
(b) that serving God is so pleasurable.
(c) that Rustico's Devil keeps coming back.
(d) that using her hell does not hurt her.
15. Why is Masetto interested in the gardening job?
(a) because he has been out of work for a long time.
(b) for the freedoms it allows.
(c) because he is so religious.
(d) because he is too ugly to work anywhere else.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
2. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
3. What does the foolish girl, Alibech, want to do?
4. What is Monna Lisetta's character like?
5. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)