|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Monna Lisetta respond to the idea that the Angel Gabriel wants her?
(a) she is willing to sacrifice for her soul.
(b) she is shocked and tells Alberto to leave at once.
(c) she does not understand what Alberto is telling her.
(d) she thinks it is natural since she is so beautiful.
2. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
(a) he is eager to save her soul.
(b) he is lecherous and wants to seduce her.
(c) he is eager to test his willpower against her beauty.
(d) he is blind and cannot see her beauty.
3. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
4. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
(a) he has her followed by a policeman.
(b) he falls asleep in her room and wakes up to find them together.
(c) he hears gossip on the streets and confronts her.
(d) he opens her door to see if she is in the house.
5. Why is Masetto interested in the gardening job?
(a) because he has been out of work for a long time.
(b) because he is too ugly to work anywhere else.
(c) because he is so religious.
(d) for the freedoms it allows.
6. What does Ghismunda do when she sees her father will not look for another husband for her?
(a) she goes into the desert.
(b) she seeks out a lover.
(c) she joins a convent.
(d) she leaves her father's house.
7. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
(a) some gamblers.
(b) some grave robbers.
(c) some sorcerers.
(d) some highwaymen.
8. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
(a) for knowing many kings.
(b) for buying and selling horses.
(c) for finding lost treasure.
(d) for dealing in rare jewels.
9. Where does Alibech sleep?
(a) outside the monastery.
(b) in Rustico's bed.
(c) on the floor of Rustico's cell.
(d) in a closet in the monastery.
10. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
(a) convert his Jewish friend, Abraham, to Christianity.
(b) become a Jew like his friend, Abraham.
(c) visit his friend, Abraham, in Jerusalem.
(d) go into business with his friend, Abraham.
11. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
(a) hide his clothes while he is sleeping.
(b) take advantage of him to find out what sex is like.
(c) watch him work without his shirt on.
(d) make him dance for them in the garden.
12. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
(a) to give herself to God's priest.
(b) to put the devil back into hell.
(c) to chastize the devil with her tongue.
(d) to sleep naked in Rustico's bed.
13. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
(a) to a holy man who is supposedly more learned than the first.
(b) to a blind holy man who will not be tempted by her beauty.
(c) to a married holy man who will look on Alibech as a daughter.
(d) to a holy man who is paralyzed from the waist down.
14. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
(a) the King of Cyprus who recognizes her.
(b) the sultan of Brunei who recognizes her.
(c) the Prince of Wales who recognizes her.
(d) the King of France who recognizes her.
15. What arrangement does Alberto say is necessary for Gabriel to sleep with Monna Lisetta?
(a) the angel will have to use Alberto's body.
(b) Monna Lisetta must keep her eyes closed.
(c) Alberto must be present to witness Gabriel's actions.
(d) Alberto will have to tie her to the bedposts.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
2. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
3. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
4. Why is Masetto sleeping in the garden when the abbess finds him and begins to lust after him?
5. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)