|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What horrible thing does Tancredi do to his daughter?
(a) he takes away all her clothes so she cannot go outside.
(b) he makes her witness the beheading of Guiscardo.
(c) he lockes her in her room until he dies.
(d) he chops up Guiscardo's heart and has it prepared for her.
2. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
3. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
(a) unless he converts Abraham, he cannot go to heaven himself.
(b) he cannot be openly friends with Abraham as long as he is a Jew.
(c) unless Abraham converts to Christianity, he is sure to go to hell.
(d) he needs to have saved one soul before the year is out.
4. Why is Masetto sleeping in the garden when the abbess finds him and begins to lust after him?
(a) he is lazy and is taking rest in the orchard.
(b) he has been drinking the nun's wine.
(c) he has been servicing eight nuns and is tired.
(d) he has been working too hard in the orchard.
5. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
(a) the work was too difficult for him.
(b) the salary was too low and he got conflicting orders.
(c) he got too old to tend the garden.
(d) he had an accident so he could no longer work.
6. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
(a) most of them sell her to other men.
(b) most of them are murdered so she can be taken.
(c) most of them abandon her.
(d) most of them commit suicide.
7. Why is Masetto interested in the gardening job?
(a) because he is too ugly to work anywhere else.
(b) because he is so religious.
(c) for the freedoms it allows.
(d) because he has been out of work for a long time.
8. What results after Monna Lisetta believes Alberto's story and agrees to comply?
(a) Alberto has to find a suitable place.
(b) they carry on an affair for quite some time.
(c) Alberto gets cold feet and calls it off.
(d) Monna Lisetta only complies when wearing a blindfold.
9. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
(a) to a holy man who is paralyzed from the waist down.
(b) to a blind holy man who will not be tempted by her beauty.
(c) to a holy man who is supposedly more learned than the first.
(d) to a married holy man who will look on Alibech as a daughter.
10. What name does Alberto give Monna Lisetta that indicates how bright she is?
(a) Lady Halfwit
(b) Lady Genius.
(c) Lady Quickwit.
(d) Lady Copernicus.
11. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
(a) for buying and selling horses.
(b) for knowing many kings.
(c) for dealing in rare jewels.
(d) for finding lost treasure.
12. After Ghismunda chooses Guiscardo as her lover, what complicates their relationship?
(a) Ghismunda becomes pregnant.
(b) they must meet in secret.
(c) they have nowhere to meet.
(d) Guiscardo's father is Tancredi's mortal enemy.
13. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
(a) his people are giving him too much respect.
(b) his treasury is empty.
(c) his wives are wearing old clothes.
(d) he has more money than he can use.
14. How does Monna Lisetta meet Brother Alberto?
(a) see meets him in the market.
(b) she hears him preach in church.
(c) she is introduced by her sister.
(d) she comes to Brother Alberto to confess her sins.
15. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Monna Lisetta's character like?
2. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
3. Who does Alibech eventually find?
4. Eventually, who does Ghismunda marry as arranged by her father?
5. When does Masetto return to his village of Lamporecchio?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)