|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
(a) to Jerusalem.
(b) to Rome.
(c) to Antioch.
(d) to a monastery.
2. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
(a) the last person to tell a stroy the night before.
(b) the person chosen as queen or king for the next night.
(c) the oldest of the 7 women and 3 men.
(d) the group by popular vote.
3. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
4. Because Monna Lisetta is so beautiful, what does Brother Alberto desire to do?
(a) make her a nun.
(b) sleep with her.
(c) find her a husband.
(d) marry her.
5. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
(a) hide his clothes while he is sleeping.
(b) make him dance for them in the garden.
(c) take advantage of him to find out what sex is like.
(d) watch him work without his shirt on.
6. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
(a) the laity.
(b) other Jews.
(c) the children.
(d) the clergy.
7. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
(a) by claiming to be his long lost sister.
(b) by cliaming to be in great distress.
(c) by claiming to be his late brother's mistress.
(d) by claiming to be a fortune teller.
8. Who does Alibech eventually find?
(a) a holy man who teaches in a synagogue.
(b) a holy man who lives in a hut.
(c) a holy woman who lives in a cave.
(d) a holy woman who heals the sick.
9. What does Alibech find surprising?
(a) that Rustico's Devil keeps coming back.
(b) that using her hell does not hurt her.
(c) that serving God is so pleasurable.
(d) that the Devil cannot enter her hell very often.
10. Eventually, who does Ghismunda marry as arranged by her father?
(a) a merchant who does not require a dowry.
(b) a duke's son who dies shortly after the wedding.
(c) a duke who beats her regularly.
(d) her father's best friend.
11. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
(b) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
(c) he lets the woman out through his window.
(d) he brings another woman for the abbot.
12. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
(a) she goes alone to Greece.
(b) she goes alone to Jerusalem.
(c) she goes alone to explore the Egyptian desert.
(d) she goes alone to study in Alexandria.
13. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
(a) the sultan of Brunei who recognizes her.
(b) the Prince of Wales who recognizes her.
(c) the King of Cyprus who recognizes her.
(d) the King of France who recognizes her.
14. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
(a) the other monks in the monastery.
(b) the woman's husband.
(c) the gardener.
(d) the abbot of the monastery.
15. Who does Alibech eventually meet?
(a) a priest named Quantico.
(b) a thief named Rustico.
(c) a monk named Rustico.
(d) a friar named Alfonzo.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
2. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
3. Where does the monk take a woman?
4. What does Rustico soon discover?
5. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
This section contains 636 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)