|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What suddenly happens to Monna Giovanna's son?
(a) he commits a crime.
(b) he falls in love with a farm girl.
(c) he becomes ill.
(d) he runs away to the city.
2. Eventually, who does Ghismunda marry as arranged by her father?
(a) a duke's son who dies shortly after the wedding.
(b) a merchant who does not require a dowry.
(c) her father's best friend.
(d) a duke who beats her regularly.
3. What is Bondone's profession?
(a) he is a knight in the court.
(b) he is a noted composer.
(c) he is a prominent merchant.
(d) he is a noted artist.
4. What do the other nuns expect the abbess to do to the nun with a lover?
(a) give her a vacation.
(b) forgive her.
(c) send her to her village.
(d) punish her.
5. Because of her vanity, what does Monna Lisetta do that soon allows all of Venice to know about her affair?
(a) she has an artist paint a picture of her and Gabriel.
(b) she forgets to draw her drapes.
(c) she tells a neighbor about Gabriel's love.
(d) she tells another priest at confession.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Tingoccio dies, what does he do that he had promised Meuccio in life?
2. What does Peronella do shortly after her marriage?
3. For what crime does Tingoccio tell Meuccio that there is no real punishment?
4. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
5. Why do the villagers look forward to the arrival of the monk from St. Anthony's monastery?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)