|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Ricciardo learns of Caterina's love for him?
(a) Caterina and Ricciardo begin an affair.
(b) Ricciardo asks for her hand in marriage.
(c) Caterina and Ricciardo elope to Venice.
(d) Caterina plays hard to get.
2. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
(a) the clergy.
(b) the laity.
(c) other Jews.
(d) the children.
3. What is Ricciardo's plan after Caterina makes her bed on the balcony?
(a) to get to the balcony through a window.
(b) to sing love songs to her beneath the balcony.
(c) to climb the wall and join her in her bed.
(d) to watch her in the moonlight.
4. Why has Peronella's husband come home in the middle of the day?
(a) to get something to eat.
(b) to look for some tools he forgot that morning.
(c) to spend more time with his wife.
(d) to sell the barrel that takes up room in their house.
5. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
(b) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(c) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
(d) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
2. What do the brothers do to Isabetta's lover?
3. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
4. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
5. What does Alibech find surprising?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)