|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women tell Alibech?
(a) she is a stupid girl who trusts men.
(b) there are plenty of men who will help her serve God.
(c) they want to learn how to serve God, too.
(d) she cannot serve God with their husbands.
2. How do Gualtieri and his wife get back together?
(a) the marquis orders Gualtieri to take her back.
(b) she disguises herself and he takes her as a lover.
(c) he honors her after she passes all his tests.
(d) his children plead on their mother's behalf.
3. What does Peronella do shortly after her marriage?
(a) she opens a shop.
(b) she collects and sells barrels.
(c) she takes a lover.
(d) she buys a new house.
4. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
(a) she is too stupid to learn his truths.
(b) he tells her everything he has to tell.
(c) she is beautiful and he cannot trust himself around her.
(d) she asks too many questions disturbing his meditations.
5. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
(a) to Jerusalem.
(b) to Antioch.
(c) to a monastery.
(d) to Rome.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
2. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
3. How does the wayward nun respond to the abbess' reprimand?
4. How can Berto so easily convince people that he has taken on the vows of poverty and chastity?
5. What do the villagers know of the Brother from St. Anthony's who comes once a year?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)