|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monna Giovanna offer Frederico for the fortune he lost trying to please her?
(b) half her estate.
(c) her jewels.
(d) a chance to please her now.
2. How does Calandrino know that he no longer has magic powers?
(a) when his wife can see him and scolds him for being late.
(b) when his wife finds the stones and throws them out.
(c) when his wife leaves him for a lover.
(d) when his wife breaks a mirror over his head.
3. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he has a map of great treasure.
(b) he is a Jewish money lender.
(c) he is a wise fortune teller.
(d) he is a high priest.
4. At what point does Pietro speak and break the spell?
(a) when he objects to where Gianni places the tail on his wife.
(b) when he asks to place the tail on his wife himself.
(c) when he asks his wife if she now feels like a mare.
(d) when he asks Gianni to repeat placing the tail.
5. What do the women tell Alibech?
(a) there are plenty of men who will help her serve God.
(b) she is a stupid girl who trusts men.
(c) they want to learn how to serve God, too.
(d) she cannot serve God with their husbands.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
2. Why do the nuns keep Masetto in the convent for many years?
3. What is the Baronci family of Florence noted for?
4. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
5. What is the name of the Brother from the monastery of St. Anthony that is the same as the name of a vegetable?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)