|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
(a) because he feared the community would reject the monastery.
(b) because the monk caught him with a boy.
(c) because he could not prove what the monk had done.
(d) because he had the woman as well.
2. What is the transgression of the abbess who is told in the middle of the night about a nun who has been caught with her lover?
(a) the abbess takes opium.
(b) the abbess also has a lover.
(c) the abbess worships the Devil.
(d) the abbess is a vicious gossip.
3. Tiring of Monna Lisetta's vain confessions, what does Brother Alberto do?
(a) he plugs up his ears.
(b) he reproaches her.
(c) he runs when he sees her coming.
(d) he refuses her absolution.
4. What does Tancredi have done to Guiscardo after he learns of his affair with Ghismunda?
(a) Guiscardo is forced into exile.
(b) Guiscardo is murdered and his heart cut out.
(c) Guiscardo is sent to prison.
(d) Guiscardo is made to pay money for his transgression.
5. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
(a) he wants to confront a rabbi.
(b) he wants to become a monk.
(c) he wants to reaffirm his Jewish faith.
(d) he wants to convert to Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
2. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
3. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
4. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
5. After her son dies, what does Monna Giovanna decide to do?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)