|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
(a) Ricciardo's dagger.
(b) a bouquet of roses.
(c) the bedpost.
(d) her beloved nightingale.
2. What does Don Gianni di Barolo have that shows his wealth?
(a) a donkey to transport his goods.
(b) a mare to transport his goods.
(c) a wagon to transport his goods.
(d) a servant to transport his goods.
3. What do the villagers know of the Brother from St. Anthony's who comes once a year?
(a) what they have heard from travelers.
(b) nothing except his words.
(c) his reputation as a great story teller.
(d) his life story since he was born in their village.
4. What does the abbess mistake for her veil in the darkness?
(a) her lover's pants.
(b) a table cloth.
(c) the bed sheet.
(d) a pair of bloomers.
5. With whom does Isabetta fall in love and begin an affair?
(a) the man who tends the family gardens.
(b) the man who grooms her brothers' horses.
(c) the tutor who comes to give her lessons.
(d) Lorenzo, the man who takes care of much of the family business.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ricciardo avoid being killed for his transgression?
2. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
3. Who is the somewhat spoiled Caterina?
4. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
5. Why has Peronella's husband come home in the middle of the day?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)