|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
(a) it accomodates Jews.
(b) it has very beautiful churches.
(c) it survives the excesses of the clergy.
(d) it leads the way in educating the people.
2. Why does the Brother from St. Anthony's monastery travel each year to a nearby village?
(a) to collect alms.
(b) to give alms.
(c) to feed the poor.
(d) to take confessions.
3. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) the captain of a ship.
(b) the sultan's soldiers.
(c) his cousin, Alberto.
(d) his brother, Marato.
4. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a perfect diamond.
(b) a bag of gold.
(c) a large cathedral.
(d) a beautiful woman.
5. What story does Alberto tell Monna Lisetta?
(a) that the Angel Gabriel has fallen in love with her.
(b) that the Angel Gabriel wants to speak with her.
(c) that the Angel Gabriel has been watching her undress.
(d) that the Angel Gabriel wants her to sleep with Alberto.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rustico soon discover?
2. How does Rabatta insult Bondone?
3. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
4. What results after Monna Lisetta believes Alberto's story and agrees to comply?
5. Where does Tingoccio tell Meuccio he now is?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)