|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Calandrino, Bruno and Buffalmacco?
(a) three simpletons who work as painters.
(b) three wizards to look for the magic heliotrope.
(c) three friends who rob travelers.
(d) three monks who learn alchemy.
2. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
(a) she goes alone to Greece.
(b) she goes alone to Jerusalem.
(c) she goes alone to study in Alexandria.
(d) she goes alone to explore the Egyptian desert.
3. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he is discovered to be a liar.
(b) he becomes thought of as a saint.
(c) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
(d) he survives for another twenty years.
4. How does Frederigo waste his fortune?
(a) on jewels and gifts to impress Monna Giovanna.
(b) on elaborate parties to impress Monna Giovanna.
(c) on travel to exotic places to impress Monna Giovanna.
(d) on jousts and other things to impress Monna Giovanna.
5. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
(a) he wants to convert to Christianity.
(b) he wants to confront a rabbi.
(c) he wants to become a monk.
(d) he wants to reaffirm his Jewish faith.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the other nuns expect the abbess to do to the nun with a lover?
2. How does Ricciardo avoid being killed for his transgression?
3. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
4. What is the transgression of the abbess who is told in the middle of the night about a nun who has been caught with her lover?
5. Who does Alibech eventually find?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)