|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the somewhat spoiled Caterina?
(a) the wife of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
(b) the cousin of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
(c) the sister of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
(d) the daughter of Messer Lizio di Valbona, a rich knight.
2. What retort does the wayward nun have for the abbess?
(a) that the abbess wears a table cloth on her head.
(b) that her lover is the brother of the abbess' lover.
(c) that the abbess just does not know what she has missed.
(d) that she is also guilty and wears a man's pants on her head.
3. Where does Tingoccio tell Meuccio he now is?
(a) in Heaven eating ambrosia with the angels.
(b) in Hell for having an affair.
(c) in Purgatory explaining away his past sins.
(d) in limbo waiting for his judgment.
4. What do the villagers know of the Brother from St. Anthony's who comes once a year?
(a) nothing except his words.
(b) what they have heard from travelers.
(c) his reputation as a great story teller.
(d) his life story since he was born in their village.
5. Who is Alatiel?
(a) the princess betrothed to the sultan of Babylon.
(b) the wife of the sultan of Babylon.
(c) the daughter of the sultan of Babylon.
(d) the favorite concubine of the sultan of Babylon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Gianni tell to excuse himself from taking Pietro's bed that night?
2. What does Monna Giovanna's son want to possess?
3. With whom does Tingoccio have an affair?
4. When Gualtieri finally marries, what does he decide to do?
5. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)