|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What euphemism does the story teller use for "the thing you are ashamed to mention among men?"
(a) the nightingale.
(b) the bower.
(c) the branch.
(d) the flower.
2. What is the occupation of the man Peronella marries?
(a) a carpenter.
(b) a blacksmith.
(c) a stone mason.
(d) a wood cutter.
3. How does Frederigo waste his fortune?
(a) on jousts and other things to impress Monna Giovanna.
(b) on elaborate parties to impress Monna Giovanna.
(c) on jewels and gifts to impress Monna Giovanna.
(d) on travel to exotic places to impress Monna Giovanna.
4. Where does Alibech sleep?
(a) in Rustico's bed.
(b) outside the monastery.
(c) in a closet in the monastery.
(d) on the floor of Rustico's cell.
5. What do the villagers know of the Brother from St. Anthony's who comes once a year?
(a) his reputation as a great story teller.
(b) what they have heard from travelers.
(c) nothing except his words.
(d) his life story since he was born in their village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caterina say she wants to hear at night?
2. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
3. What do two men who know Brother Onion well suspect?
4. What is the Baronci family of Florence noted for?
5. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)