|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the two men who know Brother Onion plan to do?
(a) exchange the white feather for a black one.
(b) glue the lid shut on the box containing the feather.
(c) slip into his room and steal the feather.
(d) exchange the feather for a turkey feather.
2. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a large cathedral.
(b) a bag of gold.
(c) a beautiful woman.
(d) a perfect diamond.
3. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
(b) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
(c) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
(d) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
4. What does Monna Giovanna offer Frederico for the fortune he lost trying to please her?
(b) half her estate.
(c) a chance to please her now.
(d) her jewels.
5. How does Calandrino know that he no longer has magic powers?
(a) when his wife breaks a mirror over his head.
(b) when his wife leaves him for a lover.
(c) when his wife can see him and scolds him for being late.
(d) when his wife finds the stones and throws them out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Peronella's husband come home in the middle of the day?
2. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
3. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
4. What horrible thing does Tancredi do to his daughter?
5. Why do the villagers look forward to the arrival of the monk from St. Anthony's monastery?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)