|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
(a) he plans to steal gold from the church.
(b) he is such a liar that no one will have dealings with him.
(c) he wants to find out what monks do in their cells.
(d) he is wanted for murder.
2. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
(b) he never leaves her side in Athens.
(c) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
(d) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
3. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
(a) he is eager to save her soul.
(b) he is blind and cannot see her beauty.
(c) he is lecherous and wants to seduce her.
(d) he is eager to test his willpower against her beauty.
4. What does Gianni have the wife do before casting his spell?
(a) she has to remove her clothes and prance around the room.
(b) she has to remove her clothes and get down on all fours.
(c) she has to whinny like a mare.
(d) she has to put a blindfold on her husband.
5. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
(a) to Antioch.
(b) to a monastery.
(c) to Rome.
(d) to Jerusalem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Don Gianni di Barolo have that shows his wealth?
2. With whom does Tingoccio have an affair?
3. After Tingoccio dies, what does he do that he had promised Meuccio in life?
4. How does Peronella explain the man who is in the barrel?
5. How does the monk trick the abbot?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)