|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 9 - 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ghismunda do when she sees her father will not look for another husband for her?
(a) she goes into the desert.
(b) she leaves her father's house.
(c) she seeks out a lover.
(d) she joins a convent.
2. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
(a) she goes alone to Jerusalem.
(b) she goes alone to Greece.
(c) she goes alone to study in Alexandria.
(d) she goes alone to explore the Egyptian desert.
3. How does Peronella explain the man who is in the barrel?
(a) that he is a musician looking for a barrel drum.
(b) that he is a carpenter repairing the barrel.
(c) that he is a buyer who is examining the barrel.
(d) that he is a magician looking for a trick barrel.
4. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
(a) because he had the woman as well.
(b) because the monk caught him with a boy.
(c) because he could not prove what the monk had done.
(d) because he feared the community would reject the monastery.
5. Who are Calandrino, Bruno and Buffalmacco?
(a) three simpletons who work as painters.
(b) three monks who learn alchemy.
(c) three wizards to look for the magic heliotrope.
(d) three friends who rob travelers.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Monna Lisetta meet Brother Alberto?
2. Who are Don Gianni di Barolo and Pietro da Tresanti?
3. When Gualtieri finally marries, what does he decide to do?
4. What is Rabatta's profession?
5. What does Monna Giovanna's son want to possess?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)