|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
(a) He wants a totally honest man to run his business.
(b) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is a bit stupid.
(c) He fears the unscrupulous behavior of the Burgundians.
(d) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is rich enough not to steal from him.
2. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he brings another woman for the abbot.
(b) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
(c) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
(d) he lets the woman out through his window.
3. For what crime does Tingoccio tell Meuccio that there is no real punishment?
(a) for beating his wife.
(b) for lusting after beautiful girls.
(c) for having the affair with the mother of his godson.
(d) for stealing loaves of bread.
4. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
(a) he wants to become a monk.
(b) he wants to confront a rabbi.
(c) he wants to reaffirm his Jewish faith.
(d) he wants to convert to Christianity.
5. What do Messer Forese da Rabatta and Giotto di Bondone have in common with the Baronci family?
(a) they are religious.
(b) they are ugly.
(c) they are Romans.
(d) they are Napalitans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
2. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
3. Who discovers the two lovers the next morning in their compromising situation?
4. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
5. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic stones, how do his friends play a trick on him?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)