|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What euphemism does the story teller use for "the thing you are ashamed to mention among men?"
(a) the bower.
(b) the flower.
(c) the branch.
(d) the nightingale.
2. After Ghismunda chooses Guiscardo as her lover, what complicates their relationship?
(a) they must meet in secret.
(b) they have nowhere to meet.
(c) Ghismunda becomes pregnant.
(d) Guiscardo's father is Tancredi's mortal enemy.
3. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
(a) Ricciardo's dagger.
(b) the bedpost.
(c) her beloved nightingale.
(d) a bouquet of roses.
4. Who does Alibech eventually find?
(a) a holy man who teaches in a synagogue.
(b) a holy man who lives in a hut.
(c) a holy woman who lives in a cave.
(d) a holy woman who heals the sick.
5. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
2. Who does Alibech eventually meet?
3. How does Ricciardo avoid being killed for his transgression?
4. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
5. Eventually, who does Ghismunda marry as arranged by her father?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)