|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What euphemism does the story teller use for "the thing you are ashamed to mention among men?"
(a) the bower.
(b) the nightingale.
(c) the flower.
(d) the branch.
2. After Tingoccio dies, what does he do that he had promised Meuccio in life?
(a) return to light candles in the church.
(b) return to tell what it is like after death.
(c) show himself to the evil monk in the village.
(d) haunt Meuccio's wife.
3. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
(a) to sleep naked in Rustico's bed.
(b) to put the devil back into hell.
(c) to chastize the devil with her tongue.
(d) to give herself to God's priest.
4. What do the men leave in Brother Onion's room?
(a) a map to the place where they plan to hide the feather.
(b) a bag full of onions.
(c) a book with blank pages.
(d) a box with a piece of charcoal in it.
5. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
(a) to a married holy man who will look on Alibech as a daughter.
(b) to a holy man who is paralyzed from the waist down.
(c) to a holy man who is supposedly more learned than the first.
(d) to a blind holy man who will not be tempted by her beauty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
2. Who is Alatiel?
3. How does he explain the charcoal?
4. After the death of her husband, where does Monna Giovanna take her son?
5. After Ghismunda chooses Guiscardo as her lover, what complicates their relationship?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)