|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the women tell Alibech?
(a) there are plenty of men who will help her serve God.
(b) she cannot serve God with their husbands.
(c) they want to learn how to serve God, too.
(d) she is a stupid girl who trusts men.
2. What do the villagers know of the Brother from St. Anthony's who comes once a year?
(a) nothing except his words.
(b) what they have heard from travelers.
(c) his reputation as a great story teller.
(d) his life story since he was born in their village.
3. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
(a) a prince.
(b) a merchant.
(c) a bandit.
(d) a magician.
4. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
(a) he has more money than he can use.
(b) his people are giving him too much respect.
(c) his treasury is empty.
(d) his wives are wearing old clothes.
5. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
(a) to a blind holy man who will not be tempted by her beauty.
(b) to a holy man who is supposedly more learned than the first.
(c) to a holy man who is paralyzed from the waist down.
(d) to a married holy man who will look on Alibech as a daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
2. What does Ghismunda do with Guiscardo's heart?
3. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
4. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
5. What do Messer Forese da Rabatta and Giotto di Bondone have in common with the Baronci family?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)