|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he has a map of great treasure.
(b) he is a Jewish money lender.
(c) he is a high priest.
(d) he is a wise fortune teller.
2. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
(a) because the men who knew who she was are all dead.
(b) because she could not speak the language of her captors.
(c) because she never told anyone who she was.
(d) because she always wore a veil.
3. After her son dies, what does Monna Giovanna decide to do?
(a) buy Frederico a new falcon.
(b) join a convent.
(c) marry Frederico.
(d) kill Frederico.
4. Where does Alibech sleep?
(a) outside the monastery.
(b) in Rustico's bed.
(c) on the floor of Rustico's cell.
(d) in a closet in the monastery.
5. What arrangement does Alberto say is necessary for Gabriel to sleep with Monna Lisetta?
(a) the angel will have to use Alberto's body.
(b) Alberto will have to tie her to the bedposts.
(c) Monna Lisetta must keep her eyes closed.
(d) Alberto must be present to witness Gabriel's actions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
2. How does Frederigo waste his fortune?
3. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
4. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
5. After Ghismunda chooses Guiscardo as her lover, what complicates their relationship?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)