|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
(a) Ciappelletto becomes a model for all businessmen.
(b) Ciappelletto promises a donation he never makes.
(c) Ciappelletto is buried in the Vatican.
(d) Ciappelletto becomes a martyr and is later canonized.
2. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
(a) he comes to protect the women and children.
(b) he changes his mind about fighting.
(c) he becomes deathly ill.
(d) he has fallen in love with Alatiel.
3. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
(a) the woman's husband.
(b) the gardener.
(c) the other monks in the monastery.
(d) the abbot of the monastery.
4. What euphemism does the story teller use for "the thing you are ashamed to mention among men?"
(a) the nightingale.
(b) the flower.
(c) the bower.
(d) the branch.
5. What is the Baronci family of Florence noted for?
(a) their beauty.
(b) their ugliness.
(c) their charity.
(d) their poverty.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Tingoccio dies, what does he do that he had promised Meuccio in life?
2. How does Calandrino know that he no longer has magic powers?
3. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
4. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
5. What do the men leave in Brother Onion's room?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)