|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
(a) he is lecherous and wants to seduce her.
(b) he is blind and cannot see her beauty.
(c) he is eager to save her soul.
(d) he is eager to test his willpower against her beauty.
2. What does Tancredi have done to Guiscardo after he learns of his affair with Ghismunda?
(a) Guiscardo is sent to prison.
(b) Guiscardo is murdered and his heart cut out.
(c) Guiscardo is forced into exile.
(d) Guiscardo is made to pay money for his transgression.
3. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
(a) he cannot be openly friends with Abraham as long as he is a Jew.
(b) unless Abraham converts to Christianity, he is sure to go to hell.
(c) he needs to have saved one soul before the year is out.
(d) unless he converts Abraham, he cannot go to heaven himself.
4. What promise does Brother Onion make to the villagers this time?
(a) to show them a relic of the cross.
(b) to show them a feather from the wings of Gabriel.
(c) to show them how to walk on water.
(d) to show them frakincense and myrrh.
5. How does Isabetta learn of Lorenzo's fate?
(a) a witness to his murder comes to tell her.
(b) an angel tells her in a dream.
(c) he comes to her in a dream.
(d) she accidentally finds his shallow grave.
Short Answer Questions
1. After her son dies, what does Monna Giovanna decide to do?
2. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
3. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
4. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
5. With whom does Isabetta fall in love and begin an affair?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)