|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
(a) to a holy man who is paralyzed from the waist down.
(b) to a blind holy man who will not be tempted by her beauty.
(c) to a married holy man who will look on Alibech as a daughter.
(d) to a holy man who is supposedly more learned than the first.
2. What name does Alberto give Monna Lisetta that indicates how bright she is?
(a) Lady Quickwit.
(b) Lady Copernicus.
(c) Lady Halfwit
(d) Lady Genius.
3. What does Ghismunda do when she sees her father will not look for another husband for her?
(a) she leaves her father's house.
(b) she joins a convent.
(c) she seeks out a lover.
(d) she goes into the desert.
4. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
(b) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(c) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(d) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
5. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
(a) a ruby ring.
(b) a gold crown.
(c) a bag of silver.
(d) a prize horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Peronella's husband come home in the middle of the day?
2. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
3. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
4. What is Rabatta's profession?
5. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)