|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tancredi have done to Guiscardo after he learns of his affair with Ghismunda?
(a) Guiscardo is sent to prison.
(b) Guiscardo is murdered and his heart cut out.
(c) Guiscardo is made to pay money for his transgression.
(d) Guiscardo is forced into exile.
2. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
(b) he makes him his regent.
(c) he makes him his chamberlain.
(d) he builds him a palace.
3. What results after Monna Lisetta believes Alberto's story and agrees to comply?
(a) they carry on an affair for quite some time.
(b) Alberto has to find a suitable place.
(c) Monna Lisetta only complies when wearing a blindfold.
(d) Alberto gets cold feet and calls it off.
4. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
(a) she is beautiful and he cannot trust himself around her.
(b) she is too stupid to learn his truths.
(c) he tells her everything he has to tell.
(d) she asks too many questions disturbing his meditations.
5. While Peronella's husband is inside cleaning the barrel, what is Peronella doing?
(a) scolding her husband for leaving work.
(b) bending over the barrel to supervise.
(c) trying to think where her lover will get the money.
(d) rushing her lover out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. How can Berto so easily convince people that he has taken on the vows of poverty and chastity?
2. What do the brothers do to Isabetta's lover?
3. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
4. What does Monna Giovanna determine to do?
5. What promise does Brother Onion make to the villagers this time?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)