|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Brother Onion's servant to leave his post?
(a) a pretty maid.
(b) the smell of cooking meat.
(c) a parade in the street.
(d) a game of dice.
2. How can Berto so easily convince people that he has taken on the vows of poverty and chastity?
(a) because no one in Vanice knows him.
(b) because he is such an accomplished liar.
(c) because he never speaks.
(d) because he genuinely wants to change.
3. For what crime does Tingoccio tell Meuccio that there is no real punishment?
(a) for stealing loaves of bread.
(b) for having the affair with the mother of his godson.
(c) for beating his wife.
(d) for lusting after beautiful girls.
4. What results after Monna Lisetta believes Alberto's story and agrees to comply?
(a) they carry on an affair for quite some time.
(b) Alberto has to find a suitable place.
(c) Alberto gets cold feet and calls it off.
(d) Monna Lisetta only complies when wearing a blindfold.
5. How does he explain the charcoal?
(a) that it is a relic of St. Lorenzo who was burned at the stake.
(b) that it is a relic from a fire where Jesus warmed his hands.
(c) that it is a relic from the destruction of Jerusalem.
(d) that it is a relic of the destruction of Sodom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Brother from the monastery of St. Anthony that is the same as the name of a vegetable?
2. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
3. Why does Frederigo leave the city for his farm?
4. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
5. What does Peronella do shortly after her marriage?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)