|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he builds him a palace.
(b) he makes him his regent.
(c) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
(d) he makes him his chamberlain.
2. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
(a) Her father refuses to look for a husband for her.
(b) She is homely and the men do not consider her.
(c) She never accepts the men her father brings home.
(d) She is caring for her father, Tancredi, in his old age.
3. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
(a) taking the lust out of Rustico's devil.
(b) hiding the devil from Rustico's hell.
(c) putting Rustico's devil into her hell.
(d) keeping the devil from leaving Rustico's cell.
4. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
(a) most of them sell her to other men.
(b) most of them are murdered so she can be taken.
(c) most of them commit suicide.
(d) most of them abandon her.
5. Why does the Brother from St. Anthony's monastery travel each year to a nearby village?
(a) to take confessions.
(b) to give alms.
(c) to feed the poor.
(d) to collect alms.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
2. How does the monk trick the abbot?
3. What name does Alberto give Monna Lisetta that indicates how bright she is?
4. What is Ricciardo's plan after Caterina makes her bed on the balcony?
5. How can Berto so easily convince people that he has taken on the vows of poverty and chastity?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)