|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the Brother from St. Anthony's monastery travel each year to a nearby village?
(a) to feed the poor.
(b) to collect alms.
(c) to take confessions.
(d) to give alms.
2. How does he explain the charcoal?
(a) that it is a relic from a fire where Jesus warmed his hands.
(b) that it is a relic from the destruction of Jerusalem.
(c) that it is a relic of St. Lorenzo who was burned at the stake.
(d) that it is a relic of the destruction of Sodom.
3. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
(a) he is worn out and can no longer pleasure Alibech.
(b) he is caught and publicly whipped.
(c) he is transfered to another monastery.
(d) he repents and sends Alibech away.
4. Why is Masetto sleeping in the garden when the abbess finds him and begins to lust after him?
(a) he has been servicing eight nuns and is tired.
(b) he is lazy and is taking rest in the orchard.
(c) he has been drinking the nun's wine.
(d) he has been working too hard in the orchard.
5. What does Monna Giovanna discover after dinner?
(a) Frederico has sold his falcon.
(b) Frederico cannot part with his falcon.
(c) she has just eaten the very thing she desired.
(d) the falcon has gotten away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caterina say she wants to hear at night?
2. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
3. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
4. Why does Frederigo leave the city for his farm?
5. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)