|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the passion of Frederigo, a man of noble birth who squanders his fortune for the love of Monna Giovanna?
(a) a fabulous steed.
(b) a prize bull.
(c) a herd of prize sheep.
(d) a prize falcon.
2. What do Messer Forese da Rabatta and Giotto di Bondone have in common with the Baronci family?
(a) they are Romans.
(b) they are ugly.
(c) they are Napalitans.
(d) they are religious.
3. What arrangement does Alberto say is necessary for Gabriel to sleep with Monna Lisetta?
(a) the angel will have to use Alberto's body.
(b) Alberto must be present to witness Gabriel's actions.
(c) Monna Lisetta must keep her eyes closed.
(d) Alberto will have to tie her to the bedposts.
4. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
(a) Ciappelletto becomes a martyr and is later canonized.
(b) Ciappelletto promises a donation he never makes.
(c) Ciappelletto becomes a model for all businessmen.
(d) Ciappelletto is buried in the Vatican.
5. How does Monna Lisetta meet Brother Alberto?
(a) she hears him preach in church.
(b) she is introduced by her sister.
(c) see meets him in the market.
(d) she comes to Brother Alberto to confess her sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
2. After her son dies, what does Monna Giovanna decide to do?
3. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
4. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
5. What do the villagers know of the Brother from St. Anthony's who comes once a year?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)