|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What euphemism does the story teller use for "the thing you are ashamed to mention among men?"
(a) the nightingale.
(b) the flower.
(c) the branch.
(d) the bower.
2. Why do the villagers look forward to the arrival of the monk from St. Anthony's monastery?
(a) they like to hear his stories.
(b) they like to help the monks.
(c) they know he brings gifts.
(d) they have a feast when he comes.
3. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a perfect diamond.
(b) a beautiful woman.
(c) a large cathedral.
(d) a bag of gold.
4. Who determines to discover the real identity of Monna Lisetta's angel?
(a) her in-laws.
(b) the abbot of the monastery.
(c) the next door neighbors.
(d) her brothers.
5. What does Alibech find surprising?
(a) that serving God is so pleasurable.
(b) that the Devil cannot enter her hell very often.
(c) that Rustico's Devil keeps coming back.
(d) that using her hell does not hurt her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
2. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
3. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
4. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
5. Who is the somewhat spoiled Caterina?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)