|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men leave in Brother Onion's room?
(a) a bag full of onions.
(b) a box with a piece of charcoal in it.
(c) a book with blank pages.
(d) a map to the place where they plan to hide the feather.
2. Why do the nuns keep Masetto in the convent for many years?
(a) he knows too much about their activities.
(b) he fathers children the nuns say are orphans.
(c) he speaks and they think God has worked a miracle.
(d) he agrees to stay if they stop wanting sex.
3. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
(b) he never leaves her side in Athens.
(c) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
(d) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
4. What is Ricciardo's plan after Caterina makes her bed on the balcony?
(a) to sing love songs to her beneath the balcony.
(b) to get to the balcony through a window.
(c) to watch her in the moonlight.
(d) to climb the wall and join her in her bed.
5. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
(a) he had an accident so he could no longer work.
(b) the work was too difficult for him.
(c) he got too old to tend the garden.
(d) the salary was too low and he got conflicting orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alatiel?
2. What friendship does Monna Giovanna's son strike up in the country?
3. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
4. What is the name of the Brother from the monastery of St. Anthony that is the same as the name of a vegetable?
5. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)