|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
(a) to a married holy man who will look on Alibech as a daughter.
(b) to a blind holy man who will not be tempted by her beauty.
(c) to a holy man who is paralyzed from the waist down.
(d) to a holy man who is supposedly more learned than the first.
2. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
(a) in an expensive inn that Musciatto pays for.
(b) with two Franciscan friars.
(c) with a needy widow.
(d) with two Florentine brothers.
3. What does Ghismunda do when she sees her father will not look for another husband for her?
(a) she goes into the desert.
(b) she joins a convent.
(c) she leaves her father's house.
(d) she seeks out a lover.
4. What results after Monna Lisetta believes Alberto's story and agrees to comply?
(a) Monna Lisetta only complies when wearing a blindfold.
(b) Alberto gets cold feet and calls it off.
(c) Alberto has to find a suitable place.
(d) they carry on an affair for quite some time.
5. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
(a) it leads the way in educating the people.
(b) it has very beautiful churches.
(c) it survives the excesses of the clergy.
(d) it accomodates Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
2. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
3. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
4. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
5. Why is Masetto interested in the gardening job?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)