|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What euphemism does the story teller use for "the thing you are ashamed to mention among men?"
(a) the flower.
(b) the branch.
(c) the nightingale.
(d) the bower.
2. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
(a) he got too old to tend the garden.
(b) the work was too difficult for him.
(c) the salary was too low and he got conflicting orders.
(d) he had an accident so he could no longer work.
3. What happens when Ricciardo learns of Caterina's love for him?
(a) Caterina plays hard to get.
(b) Ricciardo asks for her hand in marriage.
(c) Caterina and Ricciardo elope to Venice.
(d) Caterina and Ricciardo begin an affair.
4. Where does the monk take a woman?
(a) to his cell.
(b) to an inn.
(c) to her bedroom.
(d) to a garden.
5. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
(a) a magician.
(b) a prince.
(c) a bandit.
(d) a merchant.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rabatta insult Bondone?
2. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
3. What does Caterina say she wants to hear at night?
4. What do the women tell Alibech?
5. What does Monna Giovanna determine to do?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)