|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
(a) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is rich enough not to steal from him.
(b) He wants a totally honest man to run his business.
(c) He fears the unscrupulous behavior of the Burgundians.
(d) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is a bit stupid.
2. With whom does Isabetta fall in love and begin an affair?
(a) the tutor who comes to give her lessons.
(b) the man who tends the family gardens.
(c) Lorenzo, the man who takes care of much of the family business.
(d) the man who grooms her brothers' horses.
3. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
(a) he got too old to tend the garden.
(b) the salary was too low and he got conflicting orders.
(c) the work was too difficult for him.
(d) he had an accident so he could no longer work.
4. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he makes him his chamberlain.
(b) he makes him his regent.
(c) he builds him a palace.
(d) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
5. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
(a) to put the devil back into hell.
(b) to sleep naked in Rustico's bed.
(c) to chastize the devil with her tongue.
(d) to give herself to God's priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do two men who know Brother Onion well suspect?
2. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
3. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
4. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
5. How does Isabetta learn of Lorenzo's fate?
This section contains 439 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)