|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Caterina beg her parents to allow her to do?
(a) to sleep in a room by herself.
(b) to sleep on the balcony outside her bedroom.
(c) to sleep in another part of the house.
(d) to sleep under an arbor in the garden.
2. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
(b) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(c) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
(d) she promises to produce a male heir.
3. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
(b) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(c) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(d) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
4. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
(a) the Prince of Wales who recognizes her.
(b) the sultan of Brunei who recognizes her.
(c) the King of Cyprus who recognizes her.
(d) the King of France who recognizes her.
5. What poses a problem for the two men who plan to play a trick on Brother Onion?
(a) his door is locked and there is no window.
(b) there are a group of monks standing outside his door.
(c) his servant who guards the room.
(d) they do not know which room is his.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Masetto interested in the gardening job?
2. After her son dies, what does Monna Giovanna decide to do?
3. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
4. Why does the Brother from St. Anthony's monastery travel each year to a nearby village?
5. Because Monna Lisetta is so beautiful, what does Brother Alberto desire to do?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)