|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Rabatta and Bondone meet on the road to Florence, what happens to cause them to seek shelter?
(a) the night falls suddenly.
(b) highwaymen are spotted.
(c) it starts to rain.
(d) a high wind begins to blow.
2. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
(a) he needs to have saved one soul before the year is out.
(b) he cannot be openly friends with Abraham as long as he is a Jew.
(c) unless Abraham converts to Christianity, he is sure to go to hell.
(d) unless he converts Abraham, he cannot go to heaven himself.
3. With whom does Caterina fall in love?
(a) Berto della Massa, a notorious liar.
(b) Ricciardo Manardi da Brettinoro, a friend of Lizio di Valbona.
(c) Ricciardo Manardi da Brettinoro, an enemy of Lizio di Valbona.
(d) Juan Carlos da Vinci, a cousin of Lizio di Valbona.
4. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he brings another woman for the abbot.
(b) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
(c) he lets the woman out through his window.
(d) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
5. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
(a) they cannot find their clothes.
(b) they fall asleep.
(c) they wait until Caterina's father leaves the house.
(d) they slip back into the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
2. How does Rabatta insult Bondone?
3. As they travel along, what do Rabatta and Bondone begin to do?
4. What arrangement does Alberto say is necessary for Gabriel to sleep with Monna Lisetta?
5. What happens when the two friends tell Brother Onion what they had done?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)