|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Ghismunda chooses Guiscardo as her lover, what complicates their relationship?
(a) they have nowhere to meet.
(b) Guiscardo's father is Tancredi's mortal enemy.
(c) they must meet in secret.
(d) Ghismunda becomes pregnant.
2. Why is Masetto sleeping in the garden when the abbess finds him and begins to lust after him?
(a) he has been working too hard in the orchard.
(b) he has been servicing eight nuns and is tired.
(c) he is lazy and is taking rest in the orchard.
(d) he has been drinking the nun's wine.
3. What is the name of the Brother from the monastery of St. Anthony that is the same as the name of a vegetable?
(a) Brother Endive.
(b) Brother Onion.
(c) Brother Kale.
(d) Brother Carrot.
4. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
(a) he wants to find out what monks do in their cells.
(b) he plans to steal gold from the church.
(c) he is such a liar that no one will have dealings with him.
(d) he is wanted for murder.
5. What does Bondone say people would think after looking at Rabatta?
(a) he is too simple to know his alphabet.
(b) he has shifty eyes like a criminal.
(c) he looks more like a chimney sweep.
(d) he is so ugly he has to slip up on water to get a drink.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
2. What suddenly happens to Monna Giovanna's son?
3. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
4. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
5. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)