|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
(a) keeping the devil from leaving Rustico's cell.
(b) taking the lust out of Rustico's devil.
(c) hiding the devil from Rustico's hell.
(d) putting Rustico's devil into her hell.
2. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(b) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
(c) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
(d) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
3. Tiring of Monna Lisetta's vain confessions, what does Brother Alberto do?
(a) he runs when he sees her coming.
(b) he refuses her absolution.
(c) he reproaches her.
(d) he plugs up his ears.
4. Where does the monk take a woman?
(a) to her bedroom.
(b) to a garden.
(c) to his cell.
(d) to an inn.
5. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he has a map of great treasure.
(b) he is a wise fortune teller.
(c) he is a Jewish money lender.
(d) he is a high priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
2. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
3. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
4. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
5. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)