|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
(a) a prize horse.
(b) a gold crown.
(c) a bag of silver.
(d) a ruby ring.
2. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) his cousin, Alberto.
(b) his brother, Marato.
(c) the sultan's soldiers.
(d) the captain of a ship.
3. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
(a) he falls asleep in her room and wakes up to find them together.
(b) he has her followed by a policeman.
(c) he opens her door to see if she is in the house.
(d) he hears gossip on the streets and confronts her.
4. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
(a) a magician.
(b) a prince.
(c) a merchant.
(d) a bandit.
5. Tiring of Monna Lisetta's vain confessions, what does Brother Alberto do?
(a) he refuses her absolution.
(b) he plugs up his ears.
(c) he reproaches her.
(d) he runs when he sees her coming.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ghismunda do when she sees her father will not look for another husband for her?
2. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
3. Who determines to discover the real identity of Monna Lisetta's angel?
4. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
5. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)