|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
(a) he opens her door to see if she is in the house.
(b) he falls asleep in her room and wakes up to find them together.
(c) he hears gossip on the streets and confronts her.
(d) he has her followed by a policeman.
2. What does Alibech find surprising?
(a) that using her hell does not hurt her.
(b) that serving God is so pleasurable.
(c) that the Devil cannot enter her hell very often.
(d) that Rustico's Devil keeps coming back.
3. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
(a) he is blind and cannot see her beauty.
(b) he is eager to save her soul.
(c) he is lecherous and wants to seduce her.
(d) he is eager to test his willpower against her beauty.
4. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
(b) she promises to produce a male heir.
(c) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(d) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
5. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he lets the woman out through his window.
(b) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
(c) he brings another woman for the abbot.
(d) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Monna Lisetta is so beautiful, what does Brother Alberto desire to do?
2. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
3. Who is Alatiel?
4. Where does Alibech sleep?
5. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)