|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he lets the woman out through his window.
(b) he brings another woman for the abbot.
(c) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
(d) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
2. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
(b) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(c) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
(d) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
3. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
(a) he hears gossip on the streets and confronts her.
(b) he has her followed by a policeman.
(c) he opens her door to see if she is in the house.
(d) he falls asleep in her room and wakes up to find them together.
4. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
(a) take advantage of him to find out what sex is like.
(b) watch him work without his shirt on.
(c) hide his clothes while he is sleeping.
(d) make him dance for them in the garden.
5. What does the foolish girl, Alibech, want to do?
(a) learn about sex.
(b) to find one who can teach the ways of the Lord.
(c) prove there is no God.
(d) become a warrior for God.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
2. What story does Alberto tell Monna Lisetta?
3. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
4. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
5. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)