|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
(a) teach him to write.
(b) peek at him in his bath.
(c) use sign language.
(d) poke fun at him.
2. Eventually, who does Ghismunda marry as arranged by her father?
(a) her father's best friend.
(b) a duke who beats her regularly.
(c) a merchant who does not require a dowry.
(d) a duke's son who dies shortly after the wedding.
3. Because of her vanity, what does Monna Lisetta do that soon allows all of Venice to know about her affair?
(a) she has an artist paint a picture of her and Gabriel.
(b) she tells another priest at confession.
(c) she tells a neighbor about Gabriel's love.
(d) she forgets to draw her drapes.
4. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
(a) to give herself to God's priest.
(b) to chastize the devil with her tongue.
(c) to put the devil back into hell.
(d) to sleep naked in Rustico's bed.
5. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
(a) his treasury is empty.
(b) his wives are wearing old clothes.
(c) he has more money than he can use.
(d) his people are giving him too much respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
2. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
3. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
4. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
5. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)