|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
(a) taking the lust out of Rustico's devil.
(b) keeping the devil from leaving Rustico's cell.
(c) hiding the devil from Rustico's hell.
(d) putting Rustico's devil into her hell.
2. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
(a) his people are giving him too much respect.
(b) he has more money than he can use.
(c) his wives are wearing old clothes.
(d) his treasury is empty.
3. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(b) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
(c) she promises to produce a male heir.
(d) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
4. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he is a Jewish money lender.
(b) he is a wise fortune teller.
(c) he is a high priest.
(d) he has a map of great treasure.
5. How can Berto so easily convince people that he has taken on the vows of poverty and chastity?
(a) because he never speaks.
(b) because he is such an accomplished liar.
(c) because he genuinely wants to change.
(d) because no one in Vanice knows him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alibech eventually meet?
2. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
3. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
4. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
5. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)