|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
(a) to put the devil back into hell.
(b) to sleep naked in Rustico's bed.
(c) to chastize the devil with her tongue.
(d) to give herself to God's priest.
2. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
(a) the work was too difficult for him.
(b) the salary was too low and he got conflicting orders.
(c) he had an accident so he could no longer work.
(d) he got too old to tend the garden.
3. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
(a) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is rich enough not to steal from him.
(b) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is a bit stupid.
(c) He wants a totally honest man to run his business.
(d) He fears the unscrupulous behavior of the Burgundians.
4. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
(b) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
(c) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
(d) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
5. What does Ghismunda do when she sees her father will not look for another husband for her?
(a) she seeks out a lover.
(b) she leaves her father's house.
(c) she goes into the desert.
(d) she joins a convent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
2. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
3. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
4. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
5. Because of her vanity, what does Monna Lisetta do that soon allows all of Venice to know about her affair?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)