|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
(a) he hears gossip on the streets and confronts her.
(b) he opens her door to see if she is in the house.
(c) he has her followed by a policeman.
(d) he falls asleep in her room and wakes up to find them together.
2. Where does the monk take a woman?
(a) to a garden.
(b) to his cell.
(c) to an inn.
(d) to her bedroom.
3. What name does Alberto give Monna Lisetta that indicates how bright she is?
(a) Lady Quickwit.
(b) Lady Genius.
(c) Lady Copernicus.
(d) Lady Halfwit
4. What horrible thing does Tancredi do to his daughter?
(a) he chops up Guiscardo's heart and has it prepared for her.
(b) he makes her witness the beheading of Guiscardo.
(c) he lockes her in her room until he dies.
(d) he takes away all her clothes so she cannot go outside.
5. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
(a) use sign language.
(b) poke fun at him.
(c) peek at him in his bath.
(d) teach him to write.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
2. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
3. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
4. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
5. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)