|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Masetto sleeping in the garden when the abbess finds him and begins to lust after him?
(a) he is lazy and is taking rest in the orchard.
(b) he has been working too hard in the orchard.
(c) he has been servicing eight nuns and is tired.
(d) he has been drinking the nun's wine.
2. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
(b) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
(c) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(d) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
3. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
(a) Ciappelletto promises a donation he never makes.
(b) Ciappelletto is buried in the Vatican.
(c) Ciappelletto becomes a martyr and is later canonized.
(d) Ciappelletto becomes a model for all businessmen.
4. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
(a) for buying and selling horses.
(b) for knowing many kings.
(c) for dealing in rare jewels.
(d) for finding lost treasure.
5. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
(a) the prince's sister.
(b) the prince's son.
(c) the prince's brother.
(d) the prince's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
2. Who does Alibech eventually find?
3. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
4. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
5. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)