|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
(a) let the abbess see him without his shirt.
(b) pretend he is a deaf mute.
(c) wear a bandana over his face.
(d) dress in fine clothes to apply for the job.
2. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
(a) she asks too many questions disturbing his meditations.
(b) she is beautiful and he cannot trust himself around her.
(c) she is too stupid to learn his truths.
(d) he tells her everything he has to tell.
3. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
(a) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is rich enough not to steal from him.
(b) He fears the unscrupulous behavior of the Burgundians.
(c) He wants a totally honest man to run his business.
(d) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is a bit stupid.
4. Why is Masetto sleeping in the garden when the abbess finds him and begins to lust after him?
(a) he has been working too hard in the orchard.
(b) he has been drinking the nun's wine.
(c) he is lazy and is taking rest in the orchard.
(d) he has been servicing eight nuns and is tired.
5. Where does Alibech sleep?
(a) in a closet in the monastery.
(b) in Rustico's bed.
(c) outside the monastery.
(d) on the floor of Rustico's cell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
2. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
3. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
4. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
5. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)