|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Isabetta fall in love and begin an affair?
(a) the tutor who comes to give her lessons.
(b) Lorenzo, the man who takes care of much of the family business.
(c) the man who grooms her brothers' horses.
(d) the man who tends the family gardens.
2. What causes the women of Alibech's town to laugh when she returns after the deaths of her family members?
(a) she tells them how she has been serving God.
(b) she tells them that she has a hell to hide the Devil.
(c) she tells them that she met God in the desert.
(d) she tells them that she fell in love with a monk.
3. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he never leaves her side in Athens.
(b) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
(c) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
(d) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
4. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he is discovered to be a liar.
(b) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
(c) he becomes thought of as a saint.
(d) he survives for another twenty years.
5. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
(a) to a blind holy man who will not be tempted by her beauty.
(b) to a holy man who is supposedly more learned than the first.
(c) to a married holy man who will look on Alibech as a daughter.
(d) to a holy man who is paralyzed from the waist down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
2. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
3. How does Isabetta learn of Lorenzo's fate?
4. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
5. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)