|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
(a) because the men who knew who she was are all dead.
(b) because she could not speak the language of her captors.
(c) because she never told anyone who she was.
(d) because she always wore a veil.
2. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
(a) taking the lust out of Rustico's devil.
(b) keeping the devil from leaving Rustico's cell.
(c) hiding the devil from Rustico's hell.
(d) putting Rustico's devil into her hell.
3. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
(a) he wants to reaffirm his Jewish faith.
(b) he wants to become a monk.
(c) he wants to convert to Christianity.
(d) he wants to confront a rabbi.
4. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
(b) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
(c) he never leaves her side in Athens.
(d) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
5. How does Monna Lisetta meet Brother Alberto?
(a) see meets him in the market.
(b) she is introduced by her sister.
(c) she hears him preach in church.
(d) she comes to Brother Alberto to confess her sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom does Isabetta fall in love and begin an affair?
2. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
3. What horrible thing does Tancredi do to his daughter?
4. How does the monk trick the abbot?
5. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)