|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
(a) she goes alone to study in Alexandria.
(b) she goes alone to Greece.
(c) she goes alone to Jerusalem.
(d) she goes alone to explore the Egyptian desert.
2. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
(b) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
(c) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
(d) the emperor of Constantinople.
3. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
(a) because she never told anyone who she was.
(b) because she always wore a veil.
(c) because she could not speak the language of her captors.
(d) because the men who knew who she was are all dead.
4. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
(a) He wants a totally honest man to run his business.
(b) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is rich enough not to steal from him.
(c) He fears the unscrupulous behavior of the Burgundians.
(d) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is a bit stupid.
5. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
(a) the laity.
(b) the children.
(c) the clergy.
(d) other Jews.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
2. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
3. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
4. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
5. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)