|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
(a) to a blind holy man who will not be tempted by her beauty.
(b) to a married holy man who will look on Alibech as a daughter.
(c) to a holy man who is paralyzed from the waist down.
(d) to a holy man who is supposedly more learned than the first.
2. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
(a) Ciappelletto is buried in the Vatican.
(b) Ciappelletto becomes a martyr and is later canonized.
(c) Ciappelletto promises a donation he never makes.
(d) Ciappelletto becomes a model for all businessmen.
3. Eventually, who does Ghismunda marry as arranged by her father?
(a) a merchant who does not require a dowry.
(b) her father's best friend.
(c) a duke's son who dies shortly after the wedding.
(d) a duke who beats her regularly.
4. What does Rustico tell Alibech to do?
(a) lift her skirts to let him see her sin.
(b) cover her eyes while he undresses.
(c) do like him and remove her clothes.
(d) watch as he removes his clothes.
5. What is Monna Lisetta's character like?
(a) she is very belligerent.
(b) she in very humble.
(c) she is very vain.
(d) she is very intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
2. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
3. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
4. What does Ghismunda do with Guiscardo's heart?
5. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)