|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
(a) he is eager to save her soul.
(b) he is lecherous and wants to seduce her.
(c) he is eager to test his willpower against her beauty.
(d) he is blind and cannot see her beauty.
2. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
(a) a bandit.
(b) a prince.
(c) a merchant.
(d) a magician.
3. Because of her vanity, what does Monna Lisetta do that soon allows all of Venice to know about her affair?
(a) she forgets to draw her drapes.
(b) she has an artist paint a picture of her and Gabriel.
(c) she tells a neighbor about Gabriel's love.
(d) she tells another priest at confession.
4. Tiring of Monna Lisetta's vain confessions, what does Brother Alberto do?
(a) he plugs up his ears.
(b) he runs when he sees her coming.
(c) he reproaches her.
(d) he refuses her absolution.
5. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
2. What does Ghismunda do with Guiscardo's heart?
3. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
4. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
5. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)