|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
(a) a bandit.
(b) a magician.
(c) a merchant.
(d) a prince.
2. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
(a) he is wanted for murder.
(b) he wants to find out what monks do in their cells.
(c) he plans to steal gold from the church.
(d) he is such a liar that no one will have dealings with him.
3. What does Rustico soon discover?
(a) that his willpower is not strong enough to resist Alibech.
(b) that he can watch Alibech at her bath.
(c) that Alibech snores and talks in her sleep.
(d) that Alibech is not as beautiful as he first thought.
4. What is Monna Lisetta's character like?
(a) she is very vain.
(b) she in very humble.
(c) she is very belligerent.
(d) she is very intelligent.
5. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
(a) he is eager to test his willpower against her beauty.
(b) he is eager to save her soul.
(c) he is blind and cannot see her beauty.
(d) he is lecherous and wants to seduce her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
2. What story does Alberto tell Monna Lisetta?
3. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
4. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
5. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)