|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
(b) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
(c) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
(d) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
2. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
(a) the oldest of the 7 women and 3 men.
(b) the last person to tell a stroy the night before.
(c) the person chosen as queen or king for the next night.
(d) the group by popular vote.
3. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
(a) Ciappelletto is buried in the Vatican.
(b) Ciappelletto becomes a martyr and is later canonized.
(c) Ciappelletto becomes a model for all businessmen.
(d) Ciappelletto promises a donation he never makes.
4. What causes the women of Alibech's town to laugh when she returns after the deaths of her family members?
(a) she tells them that she fell in love with a monk.
(b) she tells them how she has been serving God.
(c) she tells them that she met God in the desert.
(d) she tells them that she has a hell to hide the Devil.
5. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
(b) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
(c) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
(d) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
2. Who does Alibech eventually find?
3. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
4. What does Rustico tell Alibech to do?
5. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)