|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the monk take a woman?
(a) to a garden.
(b) to her bedroom.
(c) to an inn.
(d) to his cell.
2. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
(a) he is shot.
(b) he is hung.
(c) he is thrown overboard.
(d) he is talked into selling Alatiel.
3. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(b) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(c) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
(d) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
4. When does Masetto return to his village of Lamporecchio?
(a) after he has finished landscaping the garden.
(b) after a new, younger gardener arrives.
(c) after the death of the abbess.
(d) after several of the nuns get pregnant.
5. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he makes him his regent.
(b) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
(c) he builds him a palace.
(d) he makes him his chamberlain.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
2. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
3. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
4. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
5. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)