|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alibech find surprising?
(a) that using her hell does not hurt her.
(b) that the Devil cannot enter her hell very often.
(c) that Rustico's Devil keeps coming back.
(d) that serving God is so pleasurable.
2. Who does Alibech eventually find?
(a) a holy man who lives in a hut.
(b) a holy woman who heals the sick.
(c) a holy woman who lives in a cave.
(d) a holy man who teaches in a synagogue.
3. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
(b) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
(c) he never leaves her side in Athens.
(d) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
4. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
(b) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
(c) the emperor of Constantinople.
(d) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
5. What do the women tell Alibech?
(a) she is a stupid girl who trusts men.
(b) they want to learn how to serve God, too.
(c) there are plenty of men who will help her serve God.
(d) she cannot serve God with their husbands.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
2. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
3. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
4. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
5. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)