|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a large cathedral.
(b) a beautiful woman.
(c) a bag of gold.
(d) a perfect diamond.
2. What does the foolish girl, Alibech, want to do?
(a) learn about sex.
(b) to find one who can teach the ways of the Lord.
(c) become a warrior for God.
(d) prove there is no God.
3. What does Rustico tell Alibech to do?
(a) watch as he removes his clothes.
(b) cover her eyes while he undresses.
(c) lift her skirts to let him see her sin.
(d) do like him and remove her clothes.
4. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
(a) most of them commit suicide.
(b) most of them sell her to other men.
(c) most of them are murdered so she can be taken.
(d) most of them abandon her.
5. Why do the nuns keep Masetto in the convent for many years?
(a) he fathers children the nuns say are orphans.
(b) he speaks and they think God has worked a miracle.
(c) he agrees to stay if they stop wanting sex.
(d) he knows too much about their activities.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the monk take a woman?
2. How does the monk trick the abbot?
3. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
4. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
5. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)