|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) the captain of a ship.
(b) his cousin, Alberto.
(c) his brother, Marato.
(d) the sultan's soldiers.
2. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
(b) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
(c) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
(d) he never leaves her side in Athens.
3. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
(b) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
(c) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
(d) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
4. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
(a) because she always wore a veil.
(b) because she never told anyone who she was.
(c) because the men who knew who she was are all dead.
(d) because she could not speak the language of her captors.
5. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
(a) for dealing in rare jewels.
(b) for knowing many kings.
(c) for finding lost treasure.
(d) for buying and selling horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
2. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
3. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
4. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
5. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)