|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the women of Alibech's town to laugh when she returns after the deaths of her family members?
(a) she tells them that she fell in love with a monk.
(b) she tells them how she has been serving God.
(c) she tells them that she has a hell to hide the Devil.
(d) she tells them that she met God in the desert.
2. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
(b) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
(c) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
(d) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
3. Who does Alibech eventually find?
(a) a holy woman who heals the sick.
(b) a holy man who lives in a hut.
(c) a holy man who teaches in a synagogue.
(d) a holy woman who lives in a cave.
4. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
(a) to give herself to God's priest.
(b) to chastize the devil with her tongue.
(c) to put the devil back into hell.
(d) to sleep naked in Rustico's bed.
5. What do the women tell Alibech?
(a) she is a stupid girl who trusts men.
(b) she cannot serve God with their husbands.
(c) there are plenty of men who will help her serve God.
(d) they want to learn how to serve God, too.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
2. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
3. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
4. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
5. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)