|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
(a) he has fallen in love with Alatiel.
(b) he changes his mind about fighting.
(c) he becomes deathly ill.
(d) he comes to protect the women and children.
2. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
(a) the clergy.
(b) other Jews.
(c) the laity.
(d) the children.
3. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
(a) teach him to write.
(b) use sign language.
(c) poke fun at him.
(d) peek at him in his bath.
4. What causes the women of Alibech's town to laugh when she returns after the deaths of her family members?
(a) she tells them that she fell in love with a monk.
(b) she tells them how she has been serving God.
(c) she tells them that she has a hell to hide the Devil.
(d) she tells them that she met God in the desert.
5. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
(a) to give herself to God's priest.
(b) to sleep naked in Rustico's bed.
(c) to chastize the devil with her tongue.
(d) to put the devil back into hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
2. What do the women tell Alibech?
3. How does the monk trick the abbot?
4. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
5. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)