|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alibech eventually find?
(a) a holy man who lives in a hut.
(b) a holy woman who heals the sick.
(c) a holy woman who lives in a cave.
(d) a holy man who teaches in a synagogue.
2. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
(a) he becomes ill from poison in his food.
(b) he is tied up, robbed, and dumped into a canal.
(c) he ends up naked on the street and locked out of the house.
(d) he is arrested by the Naples police for soliciting.
3. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
(a) he changes his mind about fighting.
(b) he becomes deathly ill.
(c) he comes to protect the women and children.
(d) he has fallen in love with Alatiel.
4. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he has a map of great treasure.
(b) he is a wise fortune teller.
(c) he is a high priest.
(d) he is a Jewish money lender.
5. Why is Masetto sleeping in the garden when the abbess finds him and begins to lust after him?
(a) he has been servicing eight nuns and is tired.
(b) he has been working too hard in the orchard.
(c) he is lazy and is taking rest in the orchard.
(d) he has been drinking the nun's wine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
2. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
3. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
4. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
5. What does Rustico soon discover?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)