|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
(a) he is blind and cannot see her beauty.
(b) he is lecherous and wants to seduce her.
(c) he is eager to save her soul.
(d) he is eager to test his willpower against her beauty.
2. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
(a) hide his clothes while he is sleeping.
(b) make him dance for them in the garden.
(c) watch him work without his shirt on.
(d) take advantage of him to find out what sex is like.
3. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
(a) his wives are wearing old clothes.
(b) his people are giving him too much respect.
(c) his treasury is empty.
(d) he has more money than he can use.
4. Who is Alatiel?
(a) the favorite concubine of the sultan of Babylon.
(b) the wife of the sultan of Babylon.
(c) the princess betrothed to the sultan of Babylon.
(d) the daughter of the sultan of Babylon.
5. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
(b) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
(c) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(d) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
2. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
3. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
4. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
5. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)