|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
(b) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
(c) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
(d) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
2. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
(a) he is lecherous and wants to seduce her.
(b) he is eager to save her soul.
(c) he is eager to test his willpower against her beauty.
(d) he is blind and cannot see her beauty.
3. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
(a) she goes alone to study in Alexandria.
(b) she goes alone to Jerusalem.
(c) she goes alone to Greece.
(d) she goes alone to explore the Egyptian desert.
4. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
(a) she asks too many questions disturbing his meditations.
(b) she is too stupid to learn his truths.
(c) he tells her everything he has to tell.
(d) she is beautiful and he cannot trust himself around her.
5. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
(a) he is transfered to another monastery.
(b) he is caught and publicly whipped.
(c) he is worn out and can no longer pleasure Alibech.
(d) he repents and sends Alibech away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
2. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
3. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
4. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
5. What does Rustico soon discover?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)