|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(b) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
(c) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(d) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
2. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
(a) by claiming to be his late brother's mistress.
(b) by claiming to be his long lost sister.
(c) by claiming to be a fortune teller.
(d) by cliaming to be in great distress.
3. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
(b) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(c) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(d) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
4. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
(a) Ciappelletto promises a donation he never makes.
(b) Ciappelletto becomes a martyr and is later canonized.
(c) Ciappelletto is buried in the Vatican.
(d) Ciappelletto becomes a model for all businessmen.
5. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
(b) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
(c) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
(d) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
2. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
3. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
4. Why is Masetto interested in the gardening job?
5. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)