|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
(a) he becomes deathly ill.
(b) he has fallen in love with Alatiel.
(c) he comes to protect the women and children.
(d) he changes his mind about fighting.
2. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
(b) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
(c) the emperor of Constantinople.
(d) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
3. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(b) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
(c) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(d) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
4. Who is Alatiel?
(a) the favorite concubine of the sultan of Babylon.
(b) the princess betrothed to the sultan of Babylon.
(c) the daughter of the sultan of Babylon.
(d) the wife of the sultan of Babylon.
5. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
(a) some gamblers.
(b) some highwaymen.
(c) some sorcerers.
(d) some grave robbers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the foolish girl, Alibech, want to do?
2. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
3. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
4. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
5. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)