|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
(b) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
(c) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(d) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
2. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a perfect diamond.
(b) a bag of gold.
(c) a beautiful woman.
(d) a large cathedral.
3. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
(a) it survives the excesses of the clergy.
(b) it leads the way in educating the people.
(c) it has very beautiful churches.
(d) it accomodates Jews.
4. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
(a) the group by popular vote.
(b) the person chosen as queen or king for the next night.
(c) the oldest of the 7 women and 3 men.
(d) the last person to tell a stroy the night before.
5. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
(a) the King of France who recognizes her.
(b) the King of Cyprus who recognizes her.
(c) the sultan of Brunei who recognizes her.
(d) the Prince of Wales who recognizes her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
2. Why do the nuns keep Masetto in the convent for many years?
3. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
4. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
5. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)