|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he lets the woman out through his window.
(b) he brings another woman for the abbot.
(c) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
(d) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
2. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
(a) with a needy widow.
(b) with two Franciscan friars.
(c) with two Florentine brothers.
(d) in an expensive inn that Musciatto pays for.
3. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he is a high priest.
(b) he is a Jewish money lender.
(c) he is a wise fortune teller.
(d) he has a map of great treasure.
4. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
(a) hiding the devil from Rustico's hell.
(b) taking the lust out of Rustico's devil.
(c) keeping the devil from leaving Rustico's cell.
(d) putting Rustico's devil into her hell.
5. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
(a) he needs to have saved one soul before the year is out.
(b) unless he converts Abraham, he cannot go to heaven himself.
(c) unless Abraham converts to Christianity, he is sure to go to hell.
(d) he cannot be openly friends with Abraham as long as he is a Jew.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
2. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
3. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
4. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
5. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)