|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he is discovered to be a liar.
(b) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
(c) he survives for another twenty years.
(d) he becomes thought of as a saint.
2. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
(a) he changes his mind about fighting.
(b) he has fallen in love with Alatiel.
(c) he comes to protect the women and children.
(d) he becomes deathly ill.
3. Who does Alibech eventually meet?
(a) a monk named Rustico.
(b) a friar named Alfonzo.
(c) a priest named Quantico.
(d) a thief named Rustico.
4. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
(b) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
(c) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
(d) the emperor of Constantinople.
5. Where does the monk take a woman?
(a) to her bedroom.
(b) to his cell.
(c) to a garden.
(d) to an inn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
2. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
3. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
4. What does Rustico soon discover?
5. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)