|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
(a) the King of France who recognizes her.
(b) the sultan of Brunei who recognizes her.
(c) the King of Cyprus who recognizes her.
(d) the Prince of Wales who recognizes her.
2. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
(a) it has very beautiful churches.
(b) it survives the excesses of the clergy.
(c) it accomodates Jews.
(d) it leads the way in educating the people.
3. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
(b) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
(c) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(d) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
4. What does Rustico soon discover?
(a) that his willpower is not strong enough to resist Alibech.
(b) that he can watch Alibech at her bath.
(c) that Alibech is not as beautiful as he first thought.
(d) that Alibech snores and talks in her sleep.
5. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
(a) with two Florentine brothers.
(b) with two Franciscan friars.
(c) in an expensive inn that Musciatto pays for.
(d) with a needy widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
2. What does the foolish girl, Alibech, want to do?
3. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
4. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
5. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)