|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
(a) it has very beautiful churches.
(b) it survives the excesses of the clergy.
(c) it leads the way in educating the people.
(d) it accomodates Jews.
2. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
(a) his people are giving him too much respect.
(b) his wives are wearing old clothes.
(c) he has more money than he can use.
(d) his treasury is empty.
3. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
(a) peek at him in his bath.
(b) poke fun at him.
(c) use sign language.
(d) teach him to write.
4. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
(a) he had an accident so he could no longer work.
(b) the work was too difficult for him.
(c) he got too old to tend the garden.
(d) the salary was too low and he got conflicting orders.
5. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
(a) because she could not speak the language of her captors.
(b) because she always wore a veil.
(c) because the men who knew who she was are all dead.
(d) because she never told anyone who she was.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
2. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
3. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
4. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
5. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)