|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
(b) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
(c) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
(d) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
2. What do the women tell Alibech?
(a) there are plenty of men who will help her serve God.
(b) they want to learn how to serve God, too.
(c) she is a stupid girl who trusts men.
(d) she cannot serve God with their husbands.
3. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
(a) wear a bandana over his face.
(b) let the abbess see him without his shirt.
(c) dress in fine clothes to apply for the job.
(d) pretend he is a deaf mute.
4. Who does Alibech eventually meet?
(a) a thief named Rustico.
(b) a priest named Quantico.
(c) a friar named Alfonzo.
(d) a monk named Rustico.
5. Where does Alibech sleep?
(a) outside the monastery.
(b) on the floor of Rustico's cell.
(c) in Rustico's bed.
(d) in a closet in the monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
2. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
3. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
4. When does Masetto return to his village of Lamporecchio?
5. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)