|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
(a) the salary was too low and he got conflicting orders.
(b) he got too old to tend the garden.
(c) he had an accident so he could no longer work.
(d) the work was too difficult for him.
2. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he makes him his regent.
(b) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
(c) he makes him his chamberlain.
(d) he builds him a palace.
3. When does Masetto return to his village of Lamporecchio?
(a) after the death of the abbess.
(b) after a new, younger gardener arrives.
(c) after he has finished landscaping the garden.
(d) after several of the nuns get pregnant.
4. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
(b) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
(c) the emperor of Constantinople.
(d) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
5. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
(a) because the men who knew who she was are all dead.
(b) because she could not speak the language of her captors.
(c) because she never told anyone who she was.
(d) because she always wore a veil.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
2. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
3. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
4. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
5. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)