|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
(a) for knowing many kings.
(b) for finding lost treasure.
(c) for buying and selling horses.
(d) for dealing in rare jewels.
2. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
(a) the woman's husband.
(b) the other monks in the monastery.
(c) the abbot of the monastery.
(d) the gardener.
3. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he is a wise fortune teller.
(b) he is a Jewish money lender.
(c) he is a high priest.
(d) he has a map of great treasure.
4. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
(a) he comes to protect the women and children.
(b) he has fallen in love with Alatiel.
(c) he changes his mind about fighting.
(d) he becomes deathly ill.
5. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
(a) the group by popular vote.
(b) the person chosen as queen or king for the next night.
(c) the oldest of the 7 women and 3 men.
(d) the last person to tell a stroy the night before.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
2. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
3. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
4. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
5. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)