|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
(a) the prince's son.
(b) the prince's sister.
(c) the prince's brother.
(d) the prince's father.
2. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
(b) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
(c) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
(d) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
3. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
(a) he cannot be openly friends with Abraham as long as he is a Jew.
(b) unless Abraham converts to Christianity, he is sure to go to hell.
(c) he needs to have saved one soul before the year is out.
(d) unless he converts Abraham, he cannot go to heaven himself.
4. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) the sultan's soldiers.
(b) his cousin, Alberto.
(c) his brother, Marato.
(d) the captain of a ship.
5. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
(b) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(c) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
(d) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
2. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
3. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
4. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
5. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)