|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
(a) the last person to tell a stroy the night before.
(b) the oldest of the 7 women and 3 men.
(c) the person chosen as queen or king for the next night.
(d) the group by popular vote.
2. Who is Alatiel?
(a) the wife of the sultan of Babylon.
(b) the favorite concubine of the sultan of Babylon.
(c) the daughter of the sultan of Babylon.
(d) the princess betrothed to the sultan of Babylon.
3. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he is a high priest.
(b) he is a Jewish money lender.
(c) he has a map of great treasure.
(d) he is a wise fortune teller.
4. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
(a) because she never told anyone who she was.
(b) because she could not speak the language of her captors.
(c) because she always wore a veil.
(d) because the men who knew who she was are all dead.
5. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
(a) the gardener.
(b) the other monks in the monastery.
(c) the woman's husband.
(d) the abbot of the monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
2. Who is Alatiel's next lover after Constanzo?
3. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
4. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
5. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)