|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a bag of gold.
(b) a large cathedral.
(c) a perfect diamond.
(d) a beautiful woman.
2. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he has a map of great treasure.
(b) he is a high priest.
(c) he is a wise fortune teller.
(d) he is a Jewish money lender.
3. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he becomes thought of as a saint.
(b) he is discovered to be a liar.
(c) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
(d) he survives for another twenty years.
4. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
5. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
(a) he makes a large donation to the church.
(b) he becomes seriously penitent for his past sins.
(c) he confesses under an assumed name.
(d) he lies about everything in his past life.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
2. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
3. How does the monk trick the abbot?
4. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
5. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)