|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a beautiful woman.
(b) a perfect diamond.
(c) a large cathedral.
(d) a bag of gold.
2. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) his cousin, Alberto.
(b) the captain of a ship.
(c) his brother, Marato.
(d) the sultan's soldiers.
3. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
4. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(b) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(c) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
(d) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
5. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he is a Jewish money lender.
(b) he is a wise fortune teller.
(c) he is a high priest.
(d) he has a map of great treasure.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
2. Who is Alatiel's next lover after Constanzo?
3. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
4. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
5. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)