|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
(a) he wants to reaffirm his Jewish faith.
(b) he wants to become a monk.
(c) he wants to confront a rabbi.
(d) he wants to convert to Christianity.
2. Who is Alatiel's next lover after Constanzo?
(a) a king.
(b) a baron.
(c) a general.
(d) a merchant.
3. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
(a) Ciappelletto is buried in the Vatican.
(b) Ciappelletto becomes a martyr and is later canonized.
(c) Ciappelletto becomes a model for all businessmen.
(d) Ciappelletto promises a donation he never makes.
4. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(b) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
(c) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
(d) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
5. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
2. How does the monk trick the abbot?
3. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
4. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
5. Who is Alatiel?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)