|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he lets the woman out through his window.
(b) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
(c) he brings another woman for the abbot.
(d) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
2. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a beautiful woman.
(b) a perfect diamond.
(c) a large cathedral.
(d) a bag of gold.
3. Who is Alatiel's next lover after Constanzo?
(a) a baron.
(b) a general.
(c) a merchant.
(d) a king.
4. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
(a) it accomodates Jews.
(b) it survives the excesses of the clergy.
(c) it leads the way in educating the people.
(d) it has very beautiful churches.
5. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
(b) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(c) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(d) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
2. Where does the monk take a woman?
3. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
4. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
5. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)