|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
(b) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
(c) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
(d) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
2. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
(a) they can steal his money after he dies.
(b) they might have to take him back to Paris.
(c) no priest would ever absolve a man as evil as Ciappelletto.
(d) no one would blame them for turning him out of their house.
3. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
4. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
(a) he lies about everything in his past life.
(b) he confesses under an assumed name.
(c) he makes a large donation to the church.
(d) he becomes seriously penitent for his past sins.
5. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
(b) he never leaves her side in Athens.
(c) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
(d) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
2. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
3. Who is Alatiel's next lover after Constanzo?
4. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
5. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)