|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
(b) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(c) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
(d) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
2. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
(a) with two Florentine brothers.
(b) in an expensive inn that Musciatto pays for.
(c) with two Franciscan friars.
(d) with a needy widow.
3. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
(a) the person chosen as queen or king for the next night.
(b) the group by popular vote.
(c) the oldest of the 7 women and 3 men.
(d) the last person to tell a stroy the night before.
4. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
(a) no priest would ever absolve a man as evil as Ciappelletto.
(b) they can steal his money after he dies.
(c) no one would blame them for turning him out of their house.
(d) they might have to take him back to Paris.
5. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) the emperor of Constantinople.
(b) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
(c) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
(d) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
2. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
3. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
4. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
5. Who is Alatiel's next lover after Constanzo?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)