|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
(a) the other monks in the monastery.
(b) the woman's husband.
(c) the abbot of the monastery.
(d) the gardener.
2. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(b) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
(c) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
(d) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
3. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
(a) convert his Jewish friend, Abraham, to Christianity.
(b) visit his friend, Abraham, in Jerusalem.
(c) become a Jew like his friend, Abraham.
(d) go into business with his friend, Abraham.
4. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
(b) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
(c) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
(d) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
5. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) his cousin, Alberto.
(b) the sultan's soldiers.
(c) the captain of a ship.
(d) his brother, Marato.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
2. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
3. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
4. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
5. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)