|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
(a) it leads the way in educating the people.
(b) it survives the excesses of the clergy.
(c) it has very beautiful churches.
(d) it accomodates Jews.
2. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) his brother, Marato.
(b) the captain of a ship.
(c) his cousin, Alberto.
(d) the sultan's soldiers.
3. Where does the monk take a woman?
(a) to her bedroom.
(b) to his cell.
(c) to an inn.
(d) to a garden.
4. Who is Alatiel?
(a) the daughter of the sultan of Babylon.
(b) the princess betrothed to the sultan of Babylon.
(c) the favorite concubine of the sultan of Babylon.
(d) the wife of the sultan of Babylon.
5. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
(a) he ends up naked on the street and locked out of the house.
(b) he is tied up, robbed, and dumped into a canal.
(c) he becomes ill from poison in his food.
(d) he is arrested by the Naples police for soliciting.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
2. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
3. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
4. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
5. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)