|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a beautiful woman.
(b) a bag of gold.
(c) a perfect diamond.
(d) a large cathedral.
2. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
(b) he lets the woman out through his window.
(c) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
(d) he brings another woman for the abbot.
3. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
(a) because she could not speak the language of her captors.
(b) because she always wore a veil.
(c) because she never told anyone who she was.
(d) because the men who knew who she was are all dead.
4. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
(a) he is hung.
(b) he is shot.
(c) he is talked into selling Alatiel.
(d) he is thrown overboard.
5. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
(a) he wants to reaffirm his Jewish faith.
(b) he wants to become a monk.
(c) he wants to convert to Christianity.
(d) he wants to confront a rabbi.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
2. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
3. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
4. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
5. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)