|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
(a) the King of Cyprus who recognizes her.
(b) the sultan of Brunei who recognizes her.
(c) the Prince of Wales who recognizes her.
(d) the King of France who recognizes her.
2. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
(a) he needs to have saved one soul before the year is out.
(b) unless Abraham converts to Christianity, he is sure to go to hell.
(c) unless he converts Abraham, he cannot go to heaven himself.
(d) he cannot be openly friends with Abraham as long as he is a Jew.
3. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
(a) by cliaming to be in great distress.
(b) by claiming to be a fortune teller.
(c) by claiming to be his late brother's mistress.
(d) by claiming to be his long lost sister.
4. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he makes him his chamberlain.
(b) he builds him a palace.
(c) he makes him his regent.
(d) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
5. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
2. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
3. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
4. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
5. Where does the monk take a woman?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)