|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
(a) it has very beautiful churches.
(b) it accomodates Jews.
(c) it leads the way in educating the people.
(d) it survives the excesses of the clergy.
2. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
(b) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
(c) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
(d) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
3. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a beautiful woman.
(b) a perfect diamond.
(c) a bag of gold.
(d) a large cathedral.
4. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
(a) visit his friend, Abraham, in Jerusalem.
(b) convert his Jewish friend, Abraham, to Christianity.
(c) go into business with his friend, Abraham.
(d) become a Jew like his friend, Abraham.
5. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
2. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
3. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
4. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
5. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)