|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
(a) the King of Cyprus who recognizes her.
(b) the King of France who recognizes her.
(c) the sultan of Brunei who recognizes her.
(d) the Prince of Wales who recognizes her.
2. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
(b) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
(c) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(d) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
3. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) his brother, Marato.
(b) the captain of a ship.
(c) his cousin, Alberto.
(d) the sultan's soldiers.
4. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) she promises to produce a male heir.
(b) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(c) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
(d) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
5. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
(a) the prince's brother.
(b) the prince's son.
(c) the prince's father.
(d) the prince's sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
2. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
3. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
4. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
5. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)