|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
(b) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(c) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(d) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
2. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
(a) he is tied up, robbed, and dumped into a canal.
(b) he ends up naked on the street and locked out of the house.
(c) he becomes ill from poison in his food.
(d) he is arrested by the Naples police for soliciting.
3. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(b) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
(c) she promises to produce a male heir.
(d) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
4. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
(a) the abbot of the monastery.
(b) the woman's husband.
(c) the gardener.
(d) the other monks in the monastery.
5. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
(a) in an expensive inn that Musciatto pays for.
(b) with two Franciscan friars.
(c) with two Florentine brothers.
(d) with a needy widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
2. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
3. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
4. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
5. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)