|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
(b) the emperor of Constantinople.
(c) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
(d) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
2. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(b) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(c) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
(d) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
3. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
(a) some highwaymen.
(b) some grave robbers.
(c) some sorcerers.
(d) some gamblers.
4. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
(a) Ciappelletto becomes a martyr and is later canonized.
(b) Ciappelletto becomes a model for all businessmen.
(c) Ciappelletto is buried in the Vatican.
(d) Ciappelletto promises a donation he never makes.
5. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
2. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
3. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
4. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
5. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)