|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
(a) because he could not prove what the monk had done.
(b) because he feared the community would reject the monastery.
(c) because the monk caught him with a boy.
(d) because he had the woman as well.
2. Where does the monk take a woman?
(a) to his cell.
(b) to her bedroom.
(c) to a garden.
(d) to an inn.
3. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
(a) he is shot.
(b) he is thrown overboard.
(c) he is hung.
(d) he is talked into selling Alatiel.
4. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
5. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
(a) the gardener.
(b) the abbot of the monastery.
(c) the woman's husband.
(d) the other monks in the monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
2. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
3. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
4. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
5. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)