|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
(b) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
(c) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(d) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
2. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
(b) he builds him a palace.
(c) he makes him his regent.
(d) he makes him his chamberlain.
3. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
(a) the prince's father.
(b) the prince's son.
(c) the prince's sister.
(d) the prince's brother.
4. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
(a) by claiming to be his long lost sister.
(b) by cliaming to be in great distress.
(c) by claiming to be a fortune teller.
(d) by claiming to be his late brother's mistress.
5. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(b) she promises to produce a male heir.
(c) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
(d) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
2. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
3. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
4. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
5. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)