|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
(b) the emperor of Constantinople.
(c) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
(d) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
2. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
(a) some gamblers.
(b) some grave robbers.
(c) some sorcerers.
(d) some highwaymen.
3. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
(a) the prince's father.
(b) the prince's sister.
(c) the prince's son.
(d) the prince's brother.
4. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
(a) with two Florentine brothers.
(b) with a needy widow.
(c) in an expensive inn that Musciatto pays for.
(d) with two Franciscan friars.
5. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he never leaves her side in Athens.
(b) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
(c) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
(d) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
2. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
3. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
4. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
5. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)