|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
(a) he is tied up, robbed, and dumped into a canal.
(b) he becomes ill from poison in his food.
(c) he is arrested by the Naples police for soliciting.
(d) he ends up naked on the street and locked out of the house.
2. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
(a) because the monk caught him with a boy.
(b) because he could not prove what the monk had done.
(c) because he had the woman as well.
(d) because he feared the community would reject the monastery.
3. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
(b) he lets the woman out through his window.
(c) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
(d) he brings another woman for the abbot.
4. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
(a) he wants to confront a rabbi.
(b) he wants to reaffirm his Jewish faith.
(c) he wants to become a monk.
(d) he wants to convert to Christianity.
5. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
(a) he is thrown overboard.
(b) he is shot.
(c) he is hung.
(d) he is talked into selling Alatiel.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
2. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
3. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
4. Where does the monk take a woman?
5. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)