|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
(a) most of them commit suicide.
(b) most of them sell her to other men.
(c) most of them abandon her.
(d) most of them are murdered so she can be taken.
2. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
(a) he wants to reaffirm his Jewish faith.
(b) he wants to convert to Christianity.
(c) he wants to confront a rabbi.
(d) he wants to become a monk.
3. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he has a map of great treasure.
(b) he is a wise fortune teller.
(c) he is a Jewish money lender.
(d) he is a high priest.
4. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
(a) he makes a large donation to the church.
(b) he lies about everything in his past life.
(c) he becomes seriously penitent for his past sins.
(d) he confesses under an assumed name.
5. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(b) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(c) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
(d) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
2. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
3. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
4. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
5. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)