|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
(a) because the men who knew who she was are all dead.
(b) because she never told anyone who she was.
(c) because she could not speak the language of her captors.
(d) because she always wore a veil.
2. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) his brother, Marato.
(b) his cousin, Alberto.
(c) the captain of a ship.
(d) the sultan's soldiers.
3. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
4. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
(a) the group by popular vote.
(b) the oldest of the 7 women and 3 men.
(c) the last person to tell a stroy the night before.
(d) the person chosen as queen or king for the next night.
5. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
(a) the prince's sister.
(b) the prince's brother.
(c) the prince's father.
(d) the prince's son.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
2. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
3. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
4. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
5. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)