|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
(a) by cliaming to be in great distress.
(b) by claiming to be his late brother's mistress.
(c) by claiming to be his long lost sister.
(d) by claiming to be a fortune teller.
2. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
(b) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
(c) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
(d) he never leaves her side in Athens.
3. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he is discovered to be a liar.
(b) he survives for another twenty years.
(c) he becomes thought of as a saint.
(d) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
4. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
(a) he is talked into selling Alatiel.
(b) he is hung.
(c) he is shot.
(d) he is thrown overboard.
5. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) the emperor of Constantinople.
(b) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
(c) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
(d) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alatiel's next lover after Constanzo?
2. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
3. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
4. Who is Alatiel?
5. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)