|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(b) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
(c) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(d) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
2. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
(a) a prince.
(b) a magician.
(c) a merchant.
(d) a bandit.
3. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
4. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
(a) he is talked into selling Alatiel.
(b) he is thrown overboard.
(c) he is hung.
(d) he is shot.
5. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a bag of gold.
(b) a beautiful woman.
(c) a large cathedral.
(d) a perfect diamond.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
2. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
3. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
4. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
5. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)