|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a perfect diamond.
(b) a bag of gold.
(c) a large cathedral.
(d) a beautiful woman.
2. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
(b) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(c) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
(d) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
3. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) his cousin, Alberto.
(b) the captain of a ship.
(c) his brother, Marato.
(d) the sultan's soldiers.
4. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
(a) with two Florentine brothers.
(b) with two Franciscan friars.
(c) with a needy widow.
(d) in an expensive inn that Musciatto pays for.
5. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
(b) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
(c) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
(d) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
2. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
3. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
4. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
5. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)