|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he survives for another twenty years.
(b) he is discovered to be a liar.
(c) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
(d) he becomes thought of as a saint.
2. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
(b) he lets the woman out through his window.
(c) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
(d) he brings another woman for the abbot.
3. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
(b) the emperor of Constantinople.
(c) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
(d) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
4. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
(a) Ciappelletto is buried in the Vatican.
(b) Ciappelletto becomes a model for all businessmen.
(c) Ciappelletto becomes a martyr and is later canonized.
(d) Ciappelletto promises a donation he never makes.
5. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
2. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
3. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
4. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
5. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)