|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he has a map of great treasure.
(b) he is a Jewish money lender.
(c) he is a wise fortune teller.
(d) he is a high priest.
2. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
(a) convert his Jewish friend, Abraham, to Christianity.
(b) become a Jew like his friend, Abraham.
(c) go into business with his friend, Abraham.
(d) visit his friend, Abraham, in Jerusalem.
3. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
(a) he is shot.
(b) he is talked into selling Alatiel.
(c) he is hung.
(d) he is thrown overboard.
4. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
(a) a magician.
(b) a bandit.
(c) a prince.
(d) a merchant.
5. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
(a) by cliaming to be in great distress.
(b) by claiming to be a fortune teller.
(c) by claiming to be his long lost sister.
(d) by claiming to be his late brother's mistress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
2. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
3. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
4. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
5. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)