|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
(a) he wants to confront a rabbi.
(b) he wants to reaffirm his Jewish faith.
(c) he wants to become a monk.
(d) he wants to convert to Christianity.
2. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
(b) she promises to produce a male heir.
(c) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(d) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
3. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
(b) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(c) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
(d) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
4. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
(a) Ciappelletto becomes a model for all businessmen.
(b) Ciappelletto is buried in the Vatican.
(c) Ciappelletto becomes a martyr and is later canonized.
(d) Ciappelletto promises a donation he never makes.
5. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
2. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
3. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
4. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
5. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)