|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
(a) he cannot be openly friends with Abraham as long as he is a Jew.
(b) he needs to have saved one soul before the year is out.
(c) unless he converts Abraham, he cannot go to heaven himself.
(d) unless Abraham converts to Christianity, he is sure to go to hell.
2. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he has a map of great treasure.
(b) he is a wise fortune teller.
(c) he is a Jewish money lender.
(d) he is a high priest.
3. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
(a) they might have to take him back to Paris.
(b) they can steal his money after he dies.
(c) no one would blame them for turning him out of their house.
(d) no priest would ever absolve a man as evil as Ciappelletto.
4. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
5. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he becomes thought of as a saint.
(b) he is discovered to be a liar.
(c) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
(d) he survives for another twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
2. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
3. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
4. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
5. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)