|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
(b) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
(c) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
(d) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
2. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
(a) because she could not speak the language of her captors.
(b) because she always wore a veil.
(c) because she never told anyone who she was.
(d) because the men who knew who she was are all dead.
3. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
(a) he is arrested by the Naples police for soliciting.
(b) he ends up naked on the street and locked out of the house.
(c) he is tied up, robbed, and dumped into a canal.
(d) he becomes ill from poison in his food.
4. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
(a) most of them sell her to other men.
(b) most of them abandon her.
(c) most of them commit suicide.
(d) most of them are murdered so she can be taken.
5. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) the sultan's soldiers.
(b) the captain of a ship.
(c) his brother, Marato.
(d) his cousin, Alberto.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
2. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
3. Who is Alatiel?
4. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
5. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)