|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
(a) a bag of silver.
(b) a ruby ring.
(c) a prize horse.
(d) a gold crown.
2. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
(a) he is thrown overboard.
(b) he is hung.
(c) he is shot.
(d) he is talked into selling Alatiel.
3. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(b) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
(c) she promises to produce a male heir.
(d) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
4. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
(b) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(c) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(d) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
5. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
(a) he needs to have saved one soul before the year is out.
(b) unless Abraham converts to Christianity, he is sure to go to hell.
(c) unless he converts Abraham, he cannot go to heaven himself.
(d) he cannot be openly friends with Abraham as long as he is a Jew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
2. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
3. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
4. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
5. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)