|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
(a) a ruby ring.
(b) a gold crown.
(c) a prize horse.
(d) a bag of silver.
2. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
(a) because she could not speak the language of her captors.
(b) because she always wore a veil.
(c) because the men who knew who she was are all dead.
(d) because she never told anyone who she was.
3. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
(a) most of them commit suicide.
(b) most of them abandon her.
(c) most of them sell her to other men.
(d) most of them are murdered so she can be taken.
4. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
5. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
(a) some highwaymen.
(b) some grave robbers.
(c) some gamblers.
(d) some sorcerers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
2. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
3. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
4. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
5. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)