|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
(a) he is hung.
(b) he is thrown overboard.
(c) he is shot.
(d) he is talked into selling Alatiel.
2. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
(b) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
(c) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
(d) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
3. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
(b) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(c) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(d) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
4. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
(a) a prince.
(b) a bandit.
(c) a merchant.
(d) a magician.
5. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
(a) other Jews.
(b) the children.
(c) the clergy.
(d) the laity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
2. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
3. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
4. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
5. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)