|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
(b) he makes him his regent.
(c) he makes him his chamberlain.
(d) he builds him a palace.
2. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
(a) he comes to protect the women and children.
(b) he becomes deathly ill.
(c) he has fallen in love with Alatiel.
(d) he changes his mind about fighting.
3. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
(a) the prince's son.
(b) the prince's father.
(c) the prince's brother.
(d) the prince's sister.
4. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
(b) he is discovered to be a liar.
(c) he becomes thought of as a saint.
(d) he survives for another twenty years.
5. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
(b) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
(c) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(d) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Alatiel's next lover after Constanzo?
2. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
3. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
4. How does the monk trick the abbot?
5. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)