|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
(b) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(c) she promises to produce a male heir.
(d) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
2. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
(b) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
(c) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
(d) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
3. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
(a) it leads the way in educating the people.
(b) it has very beautiful churches.
(c) it survives the excesses of the clergy.
(d) it accomodates Jews.
4. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
5. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he survives for another twenty years.
(b) he becomes thought of as a saint.
(c) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
(d) he is discovered to be a liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
2. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
3. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
4. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
5. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)