|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
(b) he lets the woman out through his window.
(c) he brings another woman for the abbot.
(d) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
2. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
(a) the laity.
(b) the children.
(c) the clergy.
(d) other Jews.
3. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
(a) some grave robbers.
(b) some highwaymen.
(c) some gamblers.
(d) some sorcerers.
4. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
(a) he needs to have saved one soul before the year is out.
(b) unless Abraham converts to Christianity, he is sure to go to hell.
(c) unless he converts Abraham, he cannot go to heaven himself.
(d) he cannot be openly friends with Abraham as long as he is a Jew.
5. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
(b) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
(c) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
(d) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
2. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
3. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
4. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
5. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)