|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
(a) with two Franciscan friars.
(b) with two Florentine brothers.
(c) in an expensive inn that Musciatto pays for.
(d) with a needy widow.
2. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
(a) because the men who knew who she was are all dead.
(b) because she never told anyone who she was.
(c) because she always wore a veil.
(d) because she could not speak the language of her captors.
3. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(b) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
(c) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
(d) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
4. Who is Alatiel?
(a) the favorite concubine of the sultan of Babylon.
(b) the princess betrothed to the sultan of Babylon.
(c) the daughter of the sultan of Babylon.
(d) the wife of the sultan of Babylon.
5. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he survives for another twenty years.
(b) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
(c) he becomes thought of as a saint.
(d) he is discovered to be a liar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
2. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
3. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
4. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
5. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)