|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
(a) he confesses under an assumed name.
(b) he becomes seriously penitent for his past sins.
(c) he makes a large donation to the church.
(d) he lies about everything in his past life.
2. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a bag of gold.
(b) a large cathedral.
(c) a perfect diamond.
(d) a beautiful woman.
3. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
(b) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
(c) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
(d) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
4. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
(a) because he feared the community would reject the monastery.
(b) because the monk caught him with a boy.
(c) because he could not prove what the monk had done.
(d) because he had the woman as well.
5. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
(a) his wives are wearing old clothes.
(b) his people are giving him too much respect.
(c) he has more money than he can use.
(d) his treasury is empty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
2. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
3. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
4. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
5. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)