|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
(b) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
(c) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
(d) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
2. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
3. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(b) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
(c) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
(d) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
4. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
(a) it leads the way in educating the people.
(b) it has very beautiful churches.
(c) it accomodates Jews.
(d) it survives the excesses of the clergy.
5. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
(a) other Jews.
(b) the children.
(c) the clergy.
(d) the laity.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
2. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
3. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
4. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
5. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)