|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
(a) the abbot of the monastery.
(b) the gardener.
(c) the other monks in the monastery.
(d) the woman's husband.
2. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
(a) he cannot be openly friends with Abraham as long as he is a Jew.
(b) he needs to have saved one soul before the year is out.
(c) unless he converts Abraham, he cannot go to heaven himself.
(d) unless Abraham converts to Christianity, he is sure to go to hell.
3. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a beautiful woman.
(b) a large cathedral.
(c) a bag of gold.
(d) a perfect diamond.
4. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
(b) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
(c) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(d) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
5. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
(a) to Rome.
(b) to Antioch.
(c) to Jerusalem.
(d) to a monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
2. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
3. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
4. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
5. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)