|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the monk take a woman?
(a) to a garden.
(b) to an inn.
(c) to his cell.
(d) to her bedroom.
2. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) she promises to produce a male heir.
(b) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
(c) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(d) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
3. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
(a) he has more money than he can use.
(b) his treasury is empty.
(c) his wives are wearing old clothes.
(d) his people are giving him too much respect.
4. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
(b) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(c) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(d) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
5. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he is a high priest.
(b) he is a Jewish money lender.
(c) he has a map of great treasure.
(d) he is a wise fortune teller.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
2. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
3. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
4. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
5. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)