|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
(b) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
(c) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
(d) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
2. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
(b) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
(c) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
(d) the emperor of Constantinople.
3. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
(a) a merchant.
(b) a prince.
(c) a magician.
(d) a bandit.
4. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
(a) because he could not prove what the monk had done.
(b) because he had the woman as well.
(c) because the monk caught him with a boy.
(d) because he feared the community would reject the monastery.
5. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
(a) he needs to have saved one soul before the year is out.
(b) he cannot be openly friends with Abraham as long as he is a Jew.
(c) unless he converts Abraham, he cannot go to heaven himself.
(d) unless Abraham converts to Christianity, he is sure to go to hell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
2. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
3. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
4. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
5. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)