|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
(a) no one would blame them for turning him out of their house.
(b) they might have to take him back to Paris.
(c) no priest would ever absolve a man as evil as Ciappelletto.
(d) they can steal his money after he dies.
2. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
(a) because he could not prove what the monk had done.
(b) because the monk caught him with a boy.
(c) because he feared the community would reject the monastery.
(d) because he had the woman as well.
3. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
(b) he is discovered to be a liar.
(c) he becomes thought of as a saint.
(d) he survives for another twenty years.
4. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
(b) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
(c) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
(d) the emperor of Constantinople.
5. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
(a) he is thrown overboard.
(b) he is hung.
(c) he is talked into selling Alatiel.
(d) he is shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
2. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
3. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
4. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
5. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)