|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
(a) a prince.
(b) a bandit.
(c) a merchant.
(d) a magician.
2. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
(a) most of them abandon her.
(b) most of them are murdered so she can be taken.
(c) most of them sell her to other men.
(d) most of them commit suicide.
3. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
(a) Ciappelletto is buried in the Vatican.
(b) Ciappelletto promises a donation he never makes.
(c) Ciappelletto becomes a martyr and is later canonized.
(d) Ciappelletto becomes a model for all businessmen.
4. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
(b) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
(c) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(d) she promises to produce a male heir.
5. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
(a) with two Franciscan friars.
(b) with two Florentine brothers.
(c) in an expensive inn that Musciatto pays for.
(d) with a needy widow.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
2. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
3. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
4. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
5. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)