|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the monk take a woman?
(a) to her bedroom.
(b) to his cell.
(c) to an inn.
(d) to a garden.
2. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
(a) they can steal his money after he dies.
(b) no one would blame them for turning him out of their house.
(c) no priest would ever absolve a man as evil as Ciappelletto.
(d) they might have to take him back to Paris.
3. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
(a) he wants to reaffirm his Jewish faith.
(b) he wants to confront a rabbi.
(c) he wants to convert to Christianity.
(d) he wants to become a monk.
4. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
(a) the group by popular vote.
(b) the person chosen as queen or king for the next night.
(c) the last person to tell a stroy the night before.
(d) the oldest of the 7 women and 3 men.
5. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
(b) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
(c) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
(d) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
2. Who is Alatiel's next lover after Constanzo?
3. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
4. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
5. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)