|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
(b) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
(c) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(d) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
2. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) she promises to produce a male heir.
(b) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
(c) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(d) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
3. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
4. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
5. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
(a) most of them abandon her.
(b) most of them sell her to other men.
(c) most of them are murdered so she can be taken.
(d) most of them commit suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
2. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
3. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
4. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
5. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)