Eight Week Quiz E
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(b) she promises to produce a male heir.
(c) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
(d) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
2. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
(a) they slip back into the house.
(b) they cannot find their clothes.
(c) they wait until Caterina's father leaves the house.
(d) they fall asleep.
3. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
(a) by cliaming to be in great distress.
(b) by claiming to be his long lost sister.
(c) by claiming to be his late brother's mistress.
(d) by claiming to be a fortune teller.
4. Who does Alibech eventually find?
(a) a holy man who lives in a hut.
(b) a holy woman who lives in a cave.
(c) a holy man who teaches in a synagogue.
(d) a holy woman who heals the sick.
5. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
(a) wear a bandana over his face.
(b) let the abbess see him without his shirt.
(c) dress in fine clothes to apply for the job.
(d) pretend he is a deaf mute.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the passion of Frederigo, a man of noble birth who squanders his fortune for the love of Monna Giovanna?
2. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
3. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
4. What happens when Ricciardo learns of Caterina's love for him?
5. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)