Eight Week Quiz A
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
(a) he is a Jewish money lender.
(b) he is a wise fortune teller.
(c) he is a high priest.
(d) he has a map of great treasure.
2. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
(b) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(c) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
(d) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
3. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
(a) he needs to have saved one soul before the year is out.
(b) unless Abraham converts to Christianity, he is sure to go to hell.
(c) unless he converts Abraham, he cannot go to heaven himself.
(d) he cannot be openly friends with Abraham as long as he is a Jew.
4. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(b) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
(c) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
(d) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
5. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
(a) his wives are wearing old clothes.
(b) his treasury is empty.
(c) his people are giving him too much respect.
(d) he has more money than he can use.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
2. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
3. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
4. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
5. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)