|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he makes him his chamberlain.
(b) he makes him his regent.
(c) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
(d) he builds him a palace.
2. Why does the Brother from St. Anthony's monastery travel each year to a nearby village?
(a) to feed the poor.
(b) to take confessions.
(c) to give alms.
(d) to collect alms.
3. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
(a) he plans to steal gold from the church.
(b) he wants to find out what monks do in their cells.
(c) he is such a liar that no one will have dealings with him.
(d) he is wanted for murder.
4. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
(b) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
(c) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
(d) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
5. What is the name of the Brother from the monastery of St. Anthony that is the same as the name of a vegetable?
(a) Brother Kale.
(b) Brother Carrot.
(c) Brother Onion.
(d) Brother Endive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
2. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
3. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
4. What do the men leave in Brother Onion's room?
5. Who are Calandrino, Bruno and Buffalmacco?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)