|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
(a) they can steal his money after he dies.
(b) no priest would ever absolve a man as evil as Ciappelletto.
(c) no one would blame them for turning him out of their house.
(d) they might have to take him back to Paris.
2. What does Peronella do shortly after her marriage?
(a) she takes a lover.
(b) she collects and sells barrels.
(c) she buys a new house.
(d) she opens a shop.
3. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
4. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
(a) because the monk caught him with a boy.
(b) because he had the woman as well.
(c) because he could not prove what the monk had done.
(d) because he feared the community would reject the monastery.
5. Who does Alibech eventually meet?
(a) a monk named Rustico.
(b) a priest named Quantico.
(c) a thief named Rustico.
(d) a friar named Alfonzo.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caterina beg her parents to allow her to do?
2. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
3. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
4. What do two men who know Brother Onion well suspect?
5. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)