|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Calandrino know that he no longer has magic powers?
(a) when his wife breaks a mirror over his head.
(b) when his wife leaves him for a lover.
(c) when his wife finds the stones and throws them out.
(d) when his wife can see him and scolds him for being late.
2. What do the women tell Alibech?
(a) there are plenty of men who will help her serve God.
(b) she is a stupid girl who trusts men.
(c) she cannot serve God with their husbands.
(d) they want to learn how to serve God, too.
3. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
(a) putting Rustico's devil into her hell.
(b) taking the lust out of Rustico's devil.
(c) hiding the devil from Rustico's hell.
(d) keeping the devil from leaving Rustico's cell.
4. Why do the nuns keep Masetto in the convent for many years?
(a) he agrees to stay if they stop wanting sex.
(b) he knows too much about their activities.
(c) he fathers children the nuns say are orphans.
(d) he speaks and they think God has worked a miracle.
5. On the road, how do Rabatta and Bondone dress?
(a) as penniless peasants.
(b) as magistrates.
(c) as knights.
(d) as traveling jesters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
2. What does Rustico tell Alibech to do?
3. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
4. Why has Peronella's husband come home in the middle of the day?
5. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)