|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the villagers know of the Brother from St. Anthony's who comes once a year?
(a) his life story since he was born in their village.
(b) his reputation as a great story teller.
(c) nothing except his words.
(d) what they have heard from travelers.
2. Eventually, who does Ghismunda marry as arranged by her father?
(a) her father's best friend.
(b) a duke's son who dies shortly after the wedding.
(c) a merchant who does not require a dowry.
(d) a duke who beats her regularly.
3. Why do the nuns keep Masetto in the convent for many years?
(a) he knows too much about their activities.
(b) he agrees to stay if they stop wanting sex.
(c) he speaks and they think God has worked a miracle.
(d) he fathers children the nuns say are orphans.
4. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
(a) putting Rustico's devil into her hell.
(b) taking the lust out of Rustico's devil.
(c) keeping the devil from leaving Rustico's cell.
(d) hiding the devil from Rustico's hell.
5. Where does Alibech sleep?
(a) in Rustico's bed.
(b) outside the monastery.
(c) on the floor of Rustico's cell.
(d) in a closet in the monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two men who know Brother Onion plan to do?
2. Because of her vanity, what does Monna Lisetta do that soon allows all of Venice to know about her affair?
3. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
4. After Tingoccio dies, what does he do that he had promised Meuccio in life?
5. What is Bondone's profession?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)