|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
(a) he takes him to the court of Babylon.
(b) he makes him his chamberlain.
(c) he makes him his regent.
(d) he builds him a palace.
2. How does he explain the charcoal?
(a) that it is a relic from the destruction of Jerusalem.
(b) that it is a relic of St. Lorenzo who was burned at the stake.
(c) that it is a relic from a fire where Jesus warmed his hands.
(d) that it is a relic of the destruction of Sodom.
3. Where does Tingoccio tell Meuccio he now is?
(a) in Purgatory explaining away his past sins.
(b) in limbo waiting for his judgment.
(c) in Hell for having an affair.
(d) in Heaven eating ambrosia with the angels.
4. Where does Peronella tell her lover to hide?
(a) under the bed.
(b) in the closet.
(c) behind the door.
(d) in a barrel.
5. What do the villagers know of the Brother from St. Anthony's who comes once a year?
(a) nothing except his words.
(b) his reputation as a great story teller.
(c) what they have heard from travelers.
(d) his life story since he was born in their village.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Caterina beg her parents to allow her to do?
2. How does Monna Lisetta meet Brother Alberto?
3. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
4. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
5. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic stones, how do his friends play a trick on him?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)