|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Ricciardo learns of Caterina's love for him?
(a) Caterina and Ricciardo begin an affair.
(b) Caterina plays hard to get.
(c) Caterina and Ricciardo elope to Venice.
(d) Ricciardo asks for her hand in marriage.
2. How does Peronella explain the man who is in the barrel?
(a) that he is a buyer who is examining the barrel.
(b) that he is a musician looking for a barrel drum.
(c) that he is a magician looking for a trick barrel.
(d) that he is a carpenter repairing the barrel.
3. What story does Alberto tell Monna Lisetta?
(a) that the Angel Gabriel wants to speak with her.
(b) that the Angel Gabriel has been watching her undress.
(c) that the Angel Gabriel has fallen in love with her.
(d) that the Angel Gabriel wants her to sleep with Alberto.
4. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
(a) he is tied up, robbed, and dumped into a canal.
(b) he is arrested by the Naples police for soliciting.
(c) he becomes ill from poison in his food.
(d) he ends up naked on the street and locked out of the house.
5. When does Peronella's lover come to visit her?
(a) at night after her husband falls asleep.
(b) in the daytime when her husband is at work.
(c) on the days her husband goes to the next village.
(d) when Peronella gives sleeping powder to her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
2. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
3. What name does Alberto give Monna Lisetta that indicates how bright she is?
4. What do Messer Forese da Rabatta and Giotto di Bondone have in common with the Baronci family?
5. What does Monna Giovanna offer Frederico for the fortune he lost trying to please her?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)