|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
(a) he got too old to tend the garden.
(b) the salary was too low and he got conflicting orders.
(c) he had an accident so he could no longer work.
(d) the work was too difficult for him.
2. What suddenly happens to Monna Giovanna's son?
(a) he becomes ill.
(b) he commits a crime.
(c) he runs away to the city.
(d) he falls in love with a farm girl.
3. While Peronella's husband is inside cleaning the barrel, what is Peronella doing?
(a) trying to think where her lover will get the money.
(b) bending over the barrel to supervise.
(c) rushing her lover out of the house.
(d) scolding her husband for leaving work.
4. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
(a) they can steal his money after he dies.
(b) no priest would ever absolve a man as evil as Ciappelletto.
(c) they might have to take him back to Paris.
(d) no one would blame them for turning him out of their house.
5. Where does the monk take a woman?
(a) to a garden.
(b) to an inn.
(c) to his cell.
(d) to her bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Baronci family of Florence noted for?
2. What happens when the two friends tell Brother Onion what they had done?
3. What is the name of the Brother from the monastery of St. Anthony that is the same as the name of a vegetable?
4. How does Calandrino know that he no longer has magic powers?
5. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)