|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What euphemism does the story teller use for "the thing you are ashamed to mention among men?"
(a) the branch.
(b) the bower.
(c) the nightingale.
(d) the flower.
2. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
(a) dress in fine clothes to apply for the job.
(b) let the abbess see him without his shirt.
(c) wear a bandana over his face.
(d) pretend he is a deaf mute.
3. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
(a) She is caring for her father, Tancredi, in his old age.
(b) Her father refuses to look for a husband for her.
(c) She never accepts the men her father brings home.
(d) She is homely and the men do not consider her.
4. What causes the women of Alibech's town to laugh when she returns after the deaths of her family members?
(a) she tells them that she has a hell to hide the Devil.
(b) she tells them that she met God in the desert.
(c) she tells them how she has been serving God.
(d) she tells them that she fell in love with a monk.
5. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
(b) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
(c) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
(d) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Brother Onion's servant to leave his post?
2. What is the name of the Brother from the monastery of St. Anthony that is the same as the name of a vegetable?
3. How can Berto so easily convince people that he has taken on the vows of poverty and chastity?
4. How does Frederigo waste his fortune?
5. When Calandrino finds what he thinks are magic stones, how do his friends play a trick on him?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)