|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 7 - 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what crime does Tingoccio tell Meuccio that there is no real punishment?
(a) for having the affair with the mother of his godson.
(b) for lusting after beautiful girls.
(c) for stealing loaves of bread.
(d) for beating his wife.
2. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
(a) to chastize the devil with her tongue.
(b) to put the devil back into hell.
(c) to give herself to God's priest.
(d) to sleep naked in Rustico's bed.
3. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
(b) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
(c) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
(d) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
4. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
(a) it survives the excesses of the clergy.
(b) it accomodates Jews.
(c) it has very beautiful churches.
(d) it leads the way in educating the people.
5. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
(a) he makes a large donation to the church.
(b) he confesses under an assumed name.
(c) he lies about everything in his past life.
(d) he becomes seriously penitent for his past sins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
2. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
3. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
4. What reason does Caterina give for wanting to change her sleeping arrangements?
5. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)