|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
(a) taking the lust out of Rustico's devil.
(b) putting Rustico's devil into her hell.
(c) keeping the devil from leaving Rustico's cell.
(d) hiding the devil from Rustico's hell.
2. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) she promises to produce a male heir.
(b) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(c) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
(d) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
3. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
4. When does Masetto return to his village of Lamporecchio?
(a) after several of the nuns get pregnant.
(b) after he has finished landscaping the garden.
(c) after a new, younger gardener arrives.
(d) after the death of the abbess.
5. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
(a) poke fun at him.
(b) teach him to write.
(c) use sign language.
(d) peek at him in his bath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rustico tell Alibech to do?
2. Who does Alibech eventually find?
3. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
4. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
5. How does Ser Ciappelletto get a priest to absolve him?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)