|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
(a) because she could not speak the language of her captors.
(b) because the men who knew who she was are all dead.
(c) because she never told anyone who she was.
(d) because she always wore a veil.
2. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
(a) she goes alone to study in Alexandria.
(b) she goes alone to Jerusalem.
(c) she goes alone to Greece.
(d) she goes alone to explore the Egyptian desert.
3. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
(a) to Antioch.
(b) to Jerusalem.
(c) to a monastery.
(d) to Rome.
4. Who does Alibech eventually meet?
(a) a monk named Rustico.
(b) a thief named Rustico.
(c) a friar named Alfonzo.
(d) a priest named Quantico.
5. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
2. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
3. What does the foolish girl, Alibech, want to do?
4. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
5. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)