|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rustico soon discover?
(a) that he can watch Alibech at her bath.
(b) that Alibech is not as beautiful as he first thought.
(c) that his willpower is not strong enough to resist Alibech.
(d) that Alibech snores and talks in her sleep.
2. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
(a) she asks too many questions disturbing his meditations.
(b) she is too stupid to learn his truths.
(c) she is beautiful and he cannot trust himself around her.
(d) he tells her everything he has to tell.
3. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
(b) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
(c) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
(d) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
4. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) his brother, Marato.
(b) the sultan's soldiers.
(c) his cousin, Alberto.
(d) the captain of a ship.
5. Why do the nuns keep Masetto in the convent for many years?
(a) he speaks and they think God has worked a miracle.
(b) he agrees to stay if they stop wanting sex.
(c) he knows too much about their activities.
(d) he fathers children the nuns say are orphans.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
2. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
3. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
4. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
5. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)