|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Alibech sleep?
(a) in Rustico's bed.
(b) in a closet in the monastery.
(c) on the floor of Rustico's cell.
(d) outside the monastery.
2. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
(a) he is eager to test his willpower against her beauty.
(b) he is blind and cannot see her beauty.
(c) he is lecherous and wants to seduce her.
(d) he is eager to save her soul.
3. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
(a) the work was too difficult for him.
(b) he had an accident so he could no longer work.
(c) the salary was too low and he got conflicting orders.
(d) he got too old to tend the garden.
4. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
(a) she goes alone to study in Alexandria.
(b) she goes alone to Jerusalem.
(c) she goes alone to explore the Egyptian desert.
(d) she goes alone to Greece.
5. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
(a) he ends up naked on the street and locked out of the house.
(b) he becomes ill from poison in his food.
(c) he is arrested by the Naples police for soliciting.
(d) he is tied up, robbed, and dumped into a canal.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
2. How does the monk trick the abbot?
3. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
4. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
5. Who takes the place of the prince and seeks revenge on the duke?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)