|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
(a) the Prince of Wales who recognizes her.
(b) the King of Cyprus who recognizes her.
(c) the sultan of Brunei who recognizes her.
(d) the King of France who recognizes her.
2. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
(a) 7 women and 3 children are banished from Florence society.
(b) 7 women and 7 men go on holiday together.
(c) 7 young women and 3 men leave Florence to escape the plague.
(d) 7 men and 3 young women leave Rome to escape the plague.
3. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
(a) for finding lost treasure.
(b) for buying and selling horses.
(c) for dealing in rare jewels.
(d) for knowing many kings.
4. What do the women tell Alibech?
(a) there are plenty of men who will help her serve God.
(b) she cannot serve God with their husbands.
(c) she is a stupid girl who trusts men.
(d) they want to learn how to serve God, too.
5. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
(b) he brings another woman for the abbot.
(c) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
(d) he lets the woman out through his window.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
2. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
3. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
4. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
5. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)