|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the nuns keep Masetto in the convent for many years?
(a) he knows too much about their activities.
(b) he fathers children the nuns say are orphans.
(c) he agrees to stay if they stop wanting sex.
(d) he speaks and they think God has worked a miracle.
2. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
(a) the King of Cyprus who recognizes her.
(b) the King of France who recognizes her.
(c) the Prince of Wales who recognizes her.
(d) the sultan of Brunei who recognizes her.
3. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
(a) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is a bit stupid.
(b) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is rich enough not to steal from him.
(c) He fears the unscrupulous behavior of the Burgundians.
(d) He wants a totally honest man to run his business.
4. Who does Alibech eventually meet?
(a) a monk named Rustico.
(b) a priest named Quantico.
(c) a friar named Alfonzo.
(d) a thief named Rustico.
5. Who is Alatiel's next lover after Constanzo?
(a) a king.
(b) a merchant.
(c) a baron.
(d) a general.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
2. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
3. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
4. Why is Masetto sleeping in the garden when the abbess finds him and begins to lust after him?
5. Who comes to the aid of the duke when war is proclaimed?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)