|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
(b) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
(c) he brings another woman for the abbot.
(d) he lets the woman out through his window.
2. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) his cousin, Alberto.
(b) the sultan's soldiers.
(c) the captain of a ship.
(d) his brother, Marato.
3. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
(a) convert his Jewish friend, Abraham, to Christianity.
(b) become a Jew like his friend, Abraham.
(c) visit his friend, Abraham, in Jerusalem.
(d) go into business with his friend, Abraham.
4. What causes the women of Alibech's town to laugh when she returns after the deaths of her family members?
(a) she tells them that she has a hell to hide the Devil.
(b) she tells them how she has been serving God.
(c) she tells them that she fell in love with a monk.
(d) she tells them that she met God in the desert.
5. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
(a) the gardener.
(b) the woman's husband.
(c) the other monks in the monastery.
(d) the abbot of the monastery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
2. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
3. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
4. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
5. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)