|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
(a) poke fun at him.
(b) peek at him in his bath.
(c) teach him to write.
(d) use sign language.
2. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) his cousin, Alberto.
(b) his brother, Marato.
(c) the captain of a ship.
(d) the sultan's soldiers.
3. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
(a) make him dance for them in the garden.
(b) hide his clothes while he is sleeping.
(c) watch him work without his shirt on.
(d) take advantage of him to find out what sex is like.
4. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
(a) a perfect diamond.
(b) a large cathedral.
(c) a bag of gold.
(d) a beautiful woman.
5. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
(a) the laity.
(b) the children.
(c) other Jews.
(d) the clergy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the foolish girl, Alibech, want to do?
2. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
3. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
4. Why is Masetto interested in the gardening job?
5. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)