|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
(b) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
(c) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
(d) she promises to produce a male heir.
2. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
(a) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is rich enough not to steal from him.
(b) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is a bit stupid.
(c) He wants a totally honest man to run his business.
(d) He fears the unscrupulous behavior of the Burgundians.
3. What results from Ser Ciappelletto's confession?
(a) he is forced to give up all his wealth.
(b) he becomes thought of as a saint.
(c) he survives for another twenty years.
(d) he is discovered to be a liar.
4. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
(a) the last person to tell a stroy the night before.
(b) the group by popular vote.
(c) the oldest of the 7 women and 3 men.
(d) the person chosen as queen or king for the next night.
5. How does a prostitute deceive Pietro?
(a) by claiming to be his late brother's mistress.
(b) by claiming to be a fortune teller.
(c) by cliaming to be in great distress.
(d) by claiming to be his long lost sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
2. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
3. Where does Alibech sleep?
4. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
5. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)