|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
(a) it accomodates Jews.
(b) it survives the excesses of the clergy.
(c) it leads the way in educating the people.
(d) it has very beautiful churches.
2. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
(a) most of them abandon her.
(b) most of them sell her to other men.
(c) most of them are murdered so she can be taken.
(d) most of them commit suicide.
3. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he brings another woman for the abbot.
(b) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
(c) he lets the woman out through his window.
(d) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
4. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
(a) she goes alone to explore the Egyptian desert.
(b) she goes alone to study in Alexandria.
(c) she goes alone to Greece.
(d) she goes alone to Jerusalem.
5. What is the discovery of Saladin, the Sultan of Babylon?
(a) his treasury is empty.
(b) he has more money than he can use.
(c) his wives are wearing old clothes.
(d) his people are giving him too much respect.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
2. Why do the nuns keep Masetto in the convent for many years?
3. What do the women tell Alibech?
4. Where do Constanza and Alatiel go after they leave Athens?
5. What does Rustico tell Alibech to do?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)