|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
(a) the laity.
(b) the children.
(c) other Jews.
(d) the clergy.
2. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
(a) he is transfered to another monastery.
(b) he repents and sends Alibech away.
(c) he is worn out and can no longer pleasure Alibech.
(d) he is caught and publicly whipped.
3. What does Nuto suggest Masetto do to get the job?
(a) dress in fine clothes to apply for the job.
(b) let the abbess see him without his shirt.
(c) pretend he is a deaf mute.
(d) wear a bandana over his face.
4. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he never leaves her side in Athens.
(b) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
(c) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
(d) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
5. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
(a) he is hung.
(b) he is talked into selling Alatiel.
(c) he is shot.
(d) he is thrown overboard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
2. How does Saladin honor Melchisedech?
3. How does the monk trick the abbot?
4. What causes the women of Alibech's town to laugh when she returns after the deaths of her family members?
5. What is the premise of the novel that results in rounds of story telling?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)