|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Abraham conclude that the Christian religion is strong and will last?
(a) it leads the way in educating the people.
(b) it accomodates Jews.
(c) it survives the excesses of the clergy.
(d) it has very beautiful churches.
2. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(b) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
(c) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(d) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
3. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
(a) a ruby ring.
(b) a gold crown.
(c) a bag of silver.
(d) a prize horse.
4. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
(b) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
(c) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
(d) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
5. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
(a) keeping the devil from leaving Rustico's cell.
(b) hiding the devil from Rustico's hell.
(c) putting Rustico's devil into her hell.
(d) taking the lust out of Rustico's devil.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the monk take a woman?
2. What does Rustico soon discover?
3. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
4. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
5. Where does Alibech sleep?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)