|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
(b) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
(c) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
(d) he never leaves her side in Athens.
2. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
(a) he is thrown overboard.
(b) he is shot.
(c) he is talked into selling Alatiel.
(d) he is hung.
3. How does Alatiel manage to marry the King of Algarve after all?
(a) she convinces the King of Algarve that she is still a virgin.
(b) she promises to produce a male heir.
(c) she keeps her secrets from everyone.
(d) her father, the sultan, triples her dowry.
4. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
(a) keeping the devil from leaving Rustico's cell.
(b) putting Rustico's devil into her hell.
(c) taking the lust out of Rustico's devil.
(d) hiding the devil from Rustico's hell.
5. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
(b) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(c) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(d) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
Short Answer Questions
1. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
2. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
3. Where does the first holy man send Alibech?
4. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
5. Who does Alibech eventually meet?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)