|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
(a) become a Jew like his friend, Abraham.
(b) visit his friend, Abraham, in Jerusalem.
(c) convert his Jewish friend, Abraham, to Christianity.
(d) go into business with his friend, Abraham.
2. What do the women tell Alibech?
(a) there are plenty of men who will help her serve God.
(b) she is a stupid girl who trusts men.
(c) she cannot serve God with their husbands.
(d) they want to learn how to serve God, too.
3. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
(a) he wants to confront a rabbi.
(b) he wants to reaffirm his Jewish faith.
(c) he wants to convert to Christianity.
(d) he wants to become a monk.
4. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
(a) the laity.
(b) the children.
(c) the clergy.
(d) other Jews.
5. Where does Alibech set out on her quest?
(a) she goes alone to Greece.
(b) she goes alone to study in Alexandria.
(c) she goes alone to Jerusalem.
(d) she goes alone to explore the Egyptian desert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
2. Where does the monk take a woman?
3. What does Rustico tell Alibech to do?
4. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
5. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)