|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What arrangement does Alberto say is necessary for Gabriel to sleep with Monna Lisetta?
(a) the angel will have to use Alberto's body.
(b) Monna Lisetta must keep her eyes closed.
(c) Alberto will have to tie her to the bedposts.
(d) Alberto must be present to witness Gabriel's actions.
2. What causes the women of Alibech's town to laugh when she returns after the deaths of her family members?
(a) she tells them that she met God in the desert.
(b) she tells them that she has a hell to hide the Devil.
(c) she tells them that she fell in love with a monk.
(d) she tells them how she has been serving God.
3. Who does Alibech eventually find?
(a) a holy man who lives in a hut.
(b) a holy woman who heals the sick.
(c) a holy man who teaches in a synagogue.
(d) a holy woman who lives in a cave.
4. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
(a) because the monk caught him with a boy.
(b) because he could not prove what the monk had done.
(c) because he feared the community would reject the monastery.
(d) because he had the woman as well.
5. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
(a) other Jews.
(b) the children.
(c) the clergy.
(d) the laity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What friendship does Monna Giovanna's son strike up in the country?
2. Because of her vanity, what does Monna Lisetta do that soon allows all of Venice to know about her affair?
3. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
4. Where does Alibech sleep?
5. What do the nuns do because they think Masetto is deaf?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)