|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) the captain of a ship.
(b) his brother, Marato.
(c) his cousin, Alberto.
(d) the sultan's soldiers.
2. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
(a) a soldier in the prince's honor guard.
(b) the emperor of Constantinople.
(c) a prince who is a cousin of the duke.
(d) a duke who is a cousin to the prince.
3. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
(a) he ends up naked on the street and locked out of the house.
(b) he becomes ill from poison in his food.
(c) he is tied up, robbed, and dumped into a canal.
(d) he is arrested by the Naples police for soliciting.
4. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
(a) he has her followed by a policeman.
(b) he hears gossip on the streets and confronts her.
(c) he falls asleep in her room and wakes up to find them together.
(d) he opens her door to see if she is in the house.
5. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
(a) the group by popular vote.
(b) the person chosen as queen or king for the next night.
(c) the last person to tell a stroy the night before.
(d) the oldest of the 7 women and 3 men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
2. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
3. What reason does Caterina give for wanting to change her sleeping arrangements?
4. What do the women tell Alibech?
5. Who discovers the two lovers the next morning in their compromising situation?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)