|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
(b) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
(c) he never leaves her side in Athens.
(d) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
2. What does Monna Giovanna determine to do?
(a) ask Frederico for his falcon.
(b) ask Frederico to marry her.
(c) invite Frederico to dinner.
(d) take her son back to the city.
3. What horrible thing does Tancredi do to his daughter?
(a) he takes away all her clothes so she cannot go outside.
(b) he lockes her in her room until he dies.
(c) he makes her witness the beheading of Guiscardo.
(d) he chops up Guiscardo's heart and has it prepared for her.
4. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
(b) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
(c) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
(d) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
5. What does Frederico, now a poor man, determine to do when Monna Giovanna comes calling?
(a) order her off his property.
(b) cook the falcon to serve her for dinner.
(c) declare his love for her.
(d) hide from her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
2. With whom does Caterina fall in love?
3. How many men actually had Alatiel before she was married?
4. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
5. What does Alibech find surprising?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)