|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Alibech find surprising?
(a) that Rustico's Devil keeps coming back.
(b) that the Devil cannot enter her hell very often.
(c) that using her hell does not hurt her.
(d) that serving God is so pleasurable.
2. How does Isabetta learn of Lorenzo's fate?
(a) a witness to his murder comes to tell her.
(b) she accidentally finds his shallow grave.
(c) he comes to her in a dream.
(d) an angel tells her in a dream.
3. What does Caterina say she wants to hear at night?
(a) the nightingale.
(b) the troubadors.
(c) the breeze in the trees.
(d) the crickets.
4. What are the three holy laws Saladin challenges Melchisedech to name as the one with the most truths?
(a) the law of the Christians, the Jews, or the Hindus.
(b) the law of the church, the state, or the royalty.
(c) the law of Nature, of the Gods, or the Professors.
(d) the law of the Jews, Saracens, or Christians.
5. What suddenly happens to Monna Giovanna's son?
(a) he runs away to the city.
(b) he becomes ill.
(c) he commits a crime.
(d) he falls in love with a farm girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
2. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
3. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
4. Why does the abbot never punish the monk?
5. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)