|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ghismunda do with Guiscardo's heart?
(a) she keeps it in a silver box in her room.
(b) she hides it under her bed.
(c) she mixes it with poison herbs, takes it, and dies.
(d) she buries it under a rose bush.
2. Why is Masetto interested in the gardening job?
(a) because he has been out of work for a long time.
(b) because he is too ugly to work anywhere else.
(c) for the freedoms it allows.
(d) because he is so religious.
3. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
(a) watch him work without his shirt on.
(b) make him dance for them in the garden.
(c) hide his clothes while he is sleeping.
(d) take advantage of him to find out what sex is like.
4. Who discovers the two lovers the next morning in their compromising situation?
(a) Caterina's brother.
(b) the butler.
(c) Caterina's mother.
(d) Messer Lizio di Valbona.
5. How can Berto so easily convince people that he has taken on the vows of poverty and chastity?
(a) because he is such an accomplished liar.
(b) because he genuinely wants to change.
(c) because he never speaks.
(d) because no one in Vanice knows him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the brothers do to Isabetta's lover?
2. What does Monna Giovanna offer Frederico for the fortune he lost trying to please her?
3. Who does Alibech eventually meet?
4. Where does Alibech sleep?
5. When does Masetto return to his village of Lamporecchio?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)