|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
(a) the group by popular vote.
(b) the last person to tell a stroy the night before.
(c) the person chosen as queen or king for the next night.
(d) the oldest of the 7 women and 3 men.
2. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
(a) with a needy widow.
(b) with two Florentine brothers.
(c) in an expensive inn that Musciatto pays for.
(d) with two Franciscan friars.
3. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
(a) he is blind and cannot see her beauty.
(b) he is eager to test his willpower against her beauty.
(c) he is eager to save her soul.
(d) he is lecherous and wants to seduce her.
4. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
(a) he repents and sends Alibech away.
(b) he is transfered to another monastery.
(c) he is worn out and can no longer pleasure Alibech.
(d) he is caught and publicly whipped.
5. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
(a) he had an accident so he could no longer work.
(b) the work was too difficult for him.
(c) he got too old to tend the garden.
(d) the salary was too low and he got conflicting orders.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frederico, now a poor man, determine to do when Monna Giovanna comes calling?
2. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
3. How can Berto so easily convince people that he has taken on the vows of poverty and chastity?
4. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
5. After Ghismunda chooses Guiscardo as her lover, what complicates their relationship?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)