|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) his brother, Marato.
(b) the captain of a ship.
(c) the sultan's soldiers.
(d) his cousin, Alberto.
2. What arrangement does Alberto say is necessary for Gabriel to sleep with Monna Lisetta?
(a) the angel will have to use Alberto's body.
(b) Monna Lisetta must keep her eyes closed.
(c) Alberto will have to tie her to the bedposts.
(d) Alberto must be present to witness Gabriel's actions.
3. How does Isabetta learn of Lorenzo's fate?
(a) a witness to his murder comes to tell her.
(b) he comes to her in a dream.
(c) she accidentally finds his shallow grave.
(d) an angel tells her in a dream.
4. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
(a) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is rich enough not to steal from him.
(b) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is a bit stupid.
(c) He wants a totally honest man to run his business.
(d) He fears the unscrupulous behavior of the Burgundians.
5. Who discovers the two lovers the next morning in their compromising situation?
(a) Caterina's mother.
(b) Caterina's brother.
(c) the butler.
(d) Messer Lizio di Valbona.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Abraham insist on going to find out about Christianity?
2. What friendship does Monna Giovanna's son strike up in the country?
3. With whom does Isabetta fall in love and begin an affair?
4. How does Monna Lisetta respond to the idea that the Angel Gabriel wants her?
5. What does Monna Giovanna discover after dinner?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)