|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rustico tell Alibech she must do to serve God?
(a) to give herself to God's priest.
(b) to chastize the devil with her tongue.
(c) to put the devil back into hell.
(d) to sleep naked in Rustico's bed.
2. Who does Alatiel eventually meet?
(a) the sultan of Brunei who recognizes her.
(b) the Prince of Wales who recognizes her.
(c) the King of France who recognizes her.
(d) the King of Cyprus who recognizes her.
3. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
(b) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
(c) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
(d) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
4. Why does Giannotto think it is so necessary to convert Abraham?
(a) unless he converts Abraham, he cannot go to heaven himself.
(b) he cannot be openly friends with Abraham as long as he is a Jew.
(c) he needs to have saved one soul before the year is out.
(d) unless Abraham converts to Christianity, he is sure to go to hell.
5. After her son dies, what does Monna Giovanna decide to do?
(a) buy Frederico a new falcon.
(b) join a convent.
(c) marry Frederico.
(d) kill Frederico.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the foolish girl, Alibech, want to do?
2. What does Monna Giovanna discover after dinner?
3. What is Ricciardo's plan after Caterina makes her bed on the balcony?
4. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
5. What do the nuns begin to do with Masetto?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)