|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) the captain of a ship.
(b) his brother, Marato.
(c) the sultan's soldiers.
(d) his cousin, Alberto.
2. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
(a) a merchant.
(b) a magician.
(c) a bandit.
(d) a prince.
3. What does Saladin plan to do when he visits Melchisedech?
(a) to fall on his knees and beg from Melchisedech.
(b) to offer his daughter in marriage to Melchisedech.
(c) to put Melchisedech under arrest and take his fortune.
(d) to trick Melchisedech into giving him money.
4. How does Monna Lisetta meet Brother Alberto?
(a) she comes to Brother Alberto to confess her sins.
(b) see meets him in the market.
(c) she is introduced by her sister.
(d) she hears him preach in church.
5. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
(a) great piety and devotion to Jesus and the saints.
(b) greed, lust, lechery, and many other things that a man of God should not be a part of.
(c) strong examples of how to live a clean life.
(d) great humility with vows of poverty and celibacy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because of her vanity, what does Monna Lisetta do that soon allows all of Venice to know about her affair?
2. Who is the somewhat spoiled Caterina?
3. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
4. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
5. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)