|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the foolish Alibech think she is doing when she allows the monk to have his way with her?
(a) putting Rustico's devil into her hell.
(b) keeping the devil from leaving Rustico's cell.
(c) hiding the devil from Rustico's hell.
(d) taking the lust out of Rustico's devil.
2. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
(a) She never accepts the men her father brings home.
(b) Her father refuses to look for a husband for her.
(c) She is homely and the men do not consider her.
(d) She is caring for her father, Tancredi, in his old age.
3. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
(a) he becomes ill from poison in his food.
(b) he is arrested by the Naples police for soliciting.
(c) he is tied up, robbed, and dumped into a canal.
(d) he ends up naked on the street and locked out of the house.
4. What does Giannotto di Civigni want to do?
(a) convert his Jewish friend, Abraham, to Christianity.
(b) go into business with his friend, Abraham.
(c) become a Jew like his friend, Abraham.
(d) visit his friend, Abraham, in Jerusalem.
5. What results after Monna Lisetta believes Alberto's story and agrees to comply?
(a) they carry on an affair for quite some time.
(b) Alberto has to find a suitable place.
(c) Monna Lisetta only complies when wearing a blindfold.
(d) Alberto gets cold feet and calls it off.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the first holy man send Alibech away?
2. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
3. What does Ghismunda do with Guiscardo's heart?
4. How does Isabetta learn of Lorenzo's fate?
5. Who is Alatiel's next lover after Constanzo?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)