|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
(a) for buying and selling horses.
(b) for dealing in rare jewels.
(c) for knowing many kings.
(d) for finding lost treasure.
2. Why does Frederigo leave the city for his farm?
(a) it is cheaper to live there.
(b) he will not have to see Monna Giovanna.
(c) it is a better place for his falcon.
(d) the bill collectors will not find him there.
3. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
(a) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is rich enough not to steal from him.
(b) He fears the unscrupulous behavior of the Burgundians.
(c) He wants a totally honest man to run his business.
(d) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is a bit stupid.
4. Eventually what happens to Rustico?
(a) he is caught and publicly whipped.
(b) he is worn out and can no longer pleasure Alibech.
(c) he repents and sends Alibech away.
(d) he is transfered to another monastery.
5. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
(a) no one would blame them for turning him out of their house.
(b) no priest would ever absolve a man as evil as Ciappelletto.
(c) they can steal his money after he dies.
(d) they might have to take him back to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Abraham observe on his trip?
2. What does Abraham observe among the church leaders in Rome?
3. What does Alibech find surprising?
4. Who discovers the two lovers the next morning in their compromising situation?
5. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)