|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Monna Giovanna determine to do?
(a) invite Frederico to dinner.
(b) ask Frederico for his falcon.
(c) take her son back to the city.
(d) ask Frederico to marry her.
2. Tiring of Monna Lisetta's vain confessions, what does Brother Alberto do?
(a) he plugs up his ears.
(b) he reproaches her.
(c) he runs when he sees her coming.
(d) he refuses her absolution.
3. How does Frederigo waste his fortune?
(a) on jewels and gifts to impress Monna Giovanna.
(b) on jousts and other things to impress Monna Giovanna.
(c) on elaborate parties to impress Monna Giovanna.
(d) on travel to exotic places to impress Monna Giovanna.
4. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
(a) Ciappelletto promises a donation he never makes.
(b) Ciappelletto becomes a martyr and is later canonized.
(c) Ciappelletto becomes a model for all businessmen.
(d) Ciappelletto is buried in the Vatican.
5. Why does Rustico agree to allow Alibech to remain with him?
(a) he is blind and cannot see her beauty.
(b) he is eager to test his willpower against her beauty.
(c) he is lecherous and wants to seduce her.
(d) he is eager to save her soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
2. What reason does Caterina give for wanting to change her sleeping arrangements?
3. What does Messer Lizio di Valbona tell his wife Caterina's hand was wrapped around when he found them?
4. After Ghismunda chooses Guiscardo as her lover, what complicates their relationship?
5. Where does Ser Ciappelletto find lodging in Burgundy?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)