|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(b) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
(c) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(d) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
2. How does Ciappelletto's confession later hoodwink the church?
(a) Ciappelletto promises a donation he never makes.
(b) Ciappelletto becomes a martyr and is later canonized.
(c) Ciappelletto is buried in the Vatican.
(d) Ciappelletto becomes a model for all businessmen.
3. Why does Musciatto Franzesi choose Ser Ciappelletto to handle debts and trade?
(a) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is rich enough not to steal from him.
(b) He fears the unscrupulous behavior of the Burgundians.
(c) He wants a totally honest man to run his business.
(d) He thinks Ser Ciappelletto is a bit stupid.
4. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
(a) he is wanted for murder.
(b) he is such a liar that no one will have dealings with him.
(c) he plans to steal gold from the church.
(d) he wants to find out what monks do in their cells.
5. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
(a) he wants to become a monk.
(b) he wants to confront a rabbi.
(c) he wants to reaffirm his Jewish faith.
(d) he wants to convert to Christianity.
Short Answer Questions
1. After a night of making love, what happens to the couple?
2. What friendship does Monna Giovanna's son strike up in the country?
3. Who discovers what the monk is doing?
4. What does Pietro end up with that is worth more than the money he lost?
5. Why does Saladin go to Melchisedech?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)