|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he never leaves her side in Athens.
(b) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
(c) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
(d) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
2. Because Monna Lisetta is so beautiful, what does Brother Alberto desire to do?
(a) sleep with her.
(b) marry her.
(c) make her a nun.
(d) find her a husband.
3. How does the monk trick the abbot?
(a) he lets the woman out through his window.
(b) he convinces the abbot he is seeing things.
(c) he leaves the woman alone in his cell.
(d) he brings another woman for the abbot.
4. Why does Nuto leave the convent where he was the gardener?
(a) he got too old to tend the garden.
(b) he had an accident so he could no longer work.
(c) the salary was too low and he got conflicting orders.
(d) the work was too difficult for him.
5. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
(a) he has fallen in love with Alatiel.
(b) he comes to protect the women and children.
(c) he becomes deathly ill.
(d) he changes his mind about fighting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What results after Monna Lisetta believes Alberto's story and agrees to comply?
2. What does a monk see that ignites his temptation?
3. When Abraham returns, what does he want to do that surprises Giannotto?
4. How can Berto so easily convince people that he has taken on the vows of poverty and chastity?
5. When Ciappelletto becomes gravely ill, what do the brothers think?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)