|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the weather does not change, what do Rabatta and Bondone decide to do?
(a) stay the night.
(b) continue their trek.
(c) rent a carriage.
(d) go back the way they came.
2. What happens when Brother Onion reaches into the box supposedly containing Gabriel's feather?
(a) he faints dead away.
(b) he falls to pieces.
(c) he pulls out a piece of charcoal.
(d) he becomes frightened.
3. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
(b) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(c) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
(d) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
4. Where do the two men who played the trick go the next day?
(a) to wait outside the church.
(b) to wait up in a tree.
(c) to hide in the confessional.
(d) to hear Brother Onion's sermon.
5. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
(a) he grows fat and lazy in Athens.
(b) he never allows her to leave the villa in Athens.
(c) he has a wife in Athens and keeps her as a mistress.
(d) he never leaves her side in Athens.
Short Answer Questions
1. On the road, how do Rabatta and Bondone dress?
2. Tiring of Monna Lisetta's vain confessions, what does Brother Alberto do?
3. Why do the villagers look forward to the arrival of the monk from St. Anthony's monastery?
4. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
5. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)