|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Alberto give Monna Lisetta that indicates how bright she is?
(a) Lady Genius.
(b) Lady Halfwit
(c) Lady Quickwit.
(d) Lady Copernicus.
2. What arrangement does Alberto say is necessary for Gabriel to sleep with Monna Lisetta?
(a) Alberto will have to tie her to the bedposts.
(b) Monna Lisetta must keep her eyes closed.
(c) Alberto must be present to witness Gabriel's actions.
(d) the angel will have to use Alberto's body.
3. What horrible thing does Tancredi do to his daughter?
(a) he makes her witness the beheading of Guiscardo.
(b) he chops up Guiscardo's heart and has it prepared for her.
(c) he lockes her in her room until he dies.
(d) he takes away all her clothes so she cannot go outside.
4. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
(a) She never accepts the men her father brings home.
(b) She is homely and the men do not consider her.
(c) Her father refuses to look for a husband for her.
(d) She is caring for her father, Tancredi, in his old age.
5. Why does the King determine that no one should ever know about all the men and unfortunate circumstances in Alatiel's life?
(a) because she always wore a veil.
(b) because the men who knew who she was are all dead.
(c) because she never told anyone who she was.
(d) because she could not speak the language of her captors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Berto della Massa go to Venice and take on the identity of Brother Alberto?
2. What happens when Brother Onion reaches into the box supposedly containing Gabriel's feather?
3. Who is the next rival for the favor of Alatiel?
4. What do the men leave in Brother Onion's room?
5. How can Berto so easily convince people that he has taken on the vows of poverty and chastity?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)