|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ghismunda do when she sees her father will not look for another husband for her?
(a) she joins a convent.
(b) she goes into the desert.
(c) she leaves her father's house.
(d) she seeks out a lover.
2. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) the sultan's soldiers.
(b) the captain of a ship.
(c) his cousin, Alberto.
(d) his brother, Marato.
3. Why do the villagers look forward to the arrival of the monk from St. Anthony's monastery?
(a) they like to help the monks.
(b) they like to hear his stories.
(c) they have a feast when he comes.
(d) they know he brings gifts.
4. With whom does Isabetta fall in love and begin an affair?
(a) the tutor who comes to give her lessons.
(b) the man who tends the family gardens.
(c) Lorenzo, the man who takes care of much of the family business.
(d) the man who grooms her brothers' horses.
5. Who takes Alatiel from the sailor after the murder of the other sailor?
(a) a prince.
(b) a magician.
(c) a bandit.
(d) a merchant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What horrible thing does Tancredi do to his daughter?
2. What causes Brother Onion's servant to leave his post?
3. What is the Baronci family of Florence noted for?
4. Tiring of Monna Lisetta's vain confessions, what does Brother Alberto do?
5. What do the brothers do to Isabetta's lover?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)