|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Tancredi discover his daughter's affair with Guiscardo?
(a) he hears gossip on the streets and confronts her.
(b) he opens her door to see if she is in the house.
(c) he falls asleep in her room and wakes up to find them together.
(d) he has her followed by a policeman.
2. What happens to Marato on board a ship?
(a) he is thrown overboard.
(b) he is hung.
(c) he is talked into selling Alatiel.
(d) he is shot.
3. Who does Pietro take up with after he loses all his money and clothes?
(a) some gamblers.
(b) some sorcerers.
(c) some grave robbers.
(d) some highwaymen.
4. Who murders Pericone, Alatiel's first lover?
(a) the sultan's soldiers.
(b) his brother, Marato.
(c) the captain of a ship.
(d) his cousin, Alberto.
5. What happens to Pietro when he stays the night at the woman's house?
(a) he becomes ill from poison in his food.
(b) he is tied up, robbed, and dumped into a canal.
(c) he is arrested by the Naples police for soliciting.
(d) he ends up naked on the street and locked out of the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because Monna Lisetta is so beautiful, what does Brother Alberto desire to do?
2. What horrible thing does Tancredi do to his daughter?
3. Why is Alatiel not happy with the duke after they go to Athens?
4. Why does Constanzo leave the battle and return to the duke's house?
5. Why does Ghismunda not marry at a time when other girls her age have taken husbands?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)