|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After the trouble at sea, what happens to the men who love Alatiel?
(a) most of them abandon her.
(b) most of them commit suicide.
(c) most of them are murdered so she can be taken.
(d) most of them sell her to other men.
2. How does Isabetta learn of Lorenzo's fate?
(a) he comes to her in a dream.
(b) she accidentally finds his shallow grave.
(c) an angel tells her in a dream.
(d) a witness to his murder comes to tell her.
3. How does Monna Lisetta meet Brother Alberto?
(a) she comes to Brother Alberto to confess her sins.
(b) she is introduced by her sister.
(c) see meets him in the market.
(d) she hears him preach in church.
4. What happens when Brother Onion reaches into the box supposedly containing Gabriel's feather?
(a) he pulls out a piece of charcoal.
(b) he becomes frightened.
(c) he faints dead away.
(d) he falls to pieces.
5. What tragedy befalls Alatiel?
(a) she is captured by pirates on the high seas.
(b) she is sold by her brothers for a great price.
(c) she is shipwrecked off the island of Majorca.
(d) she is betrothed to an ugly old king.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the two friends tell Brother Onion what they had done?
2. For what is Andreuccio di Pietro famous?
3. Where does Pietro go to ply his trade?
4. Why does the Brother from St. Anthony's monastery travel each year to a nearby village?
5. Who determines who will tell the stories on each successive night?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)