|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Thomas and his friends set out after they are reunited in Chapter 67?
2. What does Teresa say happened to most of the members of her group in Chapter 43?
3. How is the backdoor out of WICKED's headquarters described in the letter in Chapter 63?
4. What group was Aris in when he was in the Maze?
5. What does Thomas say WICKED claims is the missing piece to the cure for the Flare in Chapter 51?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Thomas and his friends go to Crank Palace? Do they achieve their objective there?
2. Who is Charlotte Chiswell and what is her role within the Right Arm?
3. Where are Thomas and Brenda taken by Lawrence in Chapter 47? Why?
4. What is Thomas's mission for the Right Arm as they move forward with their plan in Chapter 54?
5. How does Thomas manage to escape from Rat Man in Chapter 65?
6. What does Thomas discover next to his bed when he awakens in Chapter 63?
7. Who is the leader of the Right Arm? How is this character described?
8. Why do the guards assist Thomas and his friends at Crank Palace? How do they assist?
9. What happens as Thomas's procedure is about to take place in Chapter 60?
10. What do Thomas and his friends find when they reach the Glade in Chapters 68 and 69?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the characters of Brenda and Jorge in The Death Cure. How did Brenda and Jorge come to work for WICKED? In what capacities do they work for the organization? What is the history of these characters with Thomas?
Essay Topic 2
What is the history of the Flare virus? When and how was the virus developed? Why was it developed? How was the virus released and what impact did it have?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the narrative style of The Death Cure. From what perspective is the story related? Is the story told in the past or present tense? What are the impacts of these choices by the author?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)