|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the group leader that Thomas tells to run as the Maze begins to crumble in Chapter 69?
2. Thomas tells Minho in Chapter 47 that Minho once said Thomas should be named what?
3. Who kisses Thomas in the end of the novel?
4. Who informs Thomas on how to fight the creatures that emerge in Chapter 70?
5. For how long do Thomas and his friends stay in the Berg while making plans in Chapter 42?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Minho elicit information from the guard in Chapter 46?
2. What procedure is Thomas to undertake as the "Final Candidate" in Chapter 59?
3. Who is Aris? What is this character's history in The Maze Runner Trilogy?
4. What does Thomas surmise about the motives of the Right Arm in Chapter 66?
5. Who is the leader of the Right Arm? How is this character described?
6. How is Crank Palace described in the narrative?
7. How is Teresa killed in the novel? How does her death impact Thomas?
8. What is Thomas's reply when the leader of the Right Arm asks how he can contribute to their mission in Chapter 51?
9. What causes the conflict between Thomas, Gally, and Vince in Chapter 66?
10. Who is Charlotte Chiswell and what is her role within the Right Arm?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Munies? What is their status in the society of The Death Cure? How are Munies regarded by others? Who among the main characters are Munies?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the setting where Thomas and his friends arrive after passing through the Flat Trans in the end of the novel. What imagery is used in describing this setting? What does this setting foreshadow for the protagonist and his friends?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the setting of Denver in The Death Cure. How is this setting described when Thomas and his friends arrive? How does the setting change in the course of their stay in Denver? Why do they leave Denver?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)