|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Teresa say her group believed happened to Thomas and his friends at WICKED's headquarters in Chapter 44?
2. What is the first piece of paper that Thomas removes from the manila folder in Chapter 63?
3. Who informs Thomas on how to fight the creatures that emerge in Chapter 70?
4. How is Teresa killed in Chapter 72?
5. Where in the compound do Thomas and his friends find Newt in Chapter 37?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are Dr. Wright and Dr. Christensen? What is their role within WICKED?
2. How does Minho elicit information from the guard in Chapter 46?
3. Where are Thomas and his friends taken by the guards in Chapter 43? How is this setting described?
4. Where are Thomas and Brenda taken by Lawrence in Chapter 47? Why?
5. What does Thomas discover next to his bed when he awakens in Chapter 63?
6. How does Thomas manage to escape from Rat Man in Chapter 65?
7. What are Grievers and what obstacle to they present to Thomas and the Gladers in Chapter 70?
8. What procedure is Thomas to undertake as the "Final Candidate" in Chapter 59?
9. What happens as Thomas's procedure is about to take place in Chapter 60?
10. How is the setting described when Thomas and his friends emerge from the Flat Trans in the end of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the settings of the Maze and the Glade in the novel. Why does Thomas return to these settings? What does he encounter when he arrives? How does he escape the Maze?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Newt's death in the novel. How does Newt die? What leads up to his death? What are the impacts of Newt's death on the main characters of the story?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the character of Thomas as the protagonist of The Death Cure. What attributes make Thomas a strong protagonist? What are Thomas's weaknesses in the narrative? Who is the antagonist to Thomas?
This section contains 773 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)