|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What weapon does Janson take out against Thomas in Chapter 65?
2. Who shoots the guard in the toe in Chapter 46?
3. Who is the group leader that Thomas tells to run as the Maze begins to crumble in Chapter 69?
4. Who is the lead engineer for the biggest arms manufacturer in the world that Gally describes in Chapter 52?
5. By what means of transportation have Thomas and his friends been brought to the Right Arm gathering in Chapter 43?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Crank Palace described in the narrative?
2. How is Teresa killed in the novel? How does her death impact Thomas?
3. Who are Dr. Wright and Dr. Christensen? What is their role within WICKED?
4. What conflict emerges between Thomas, Minho, and Newt in Chapters 38 and 39?
5. What does Thomas learn about the actions of the Right Arm in Chapter 65?
6. What does Thomas surmise about the motives of the Right Arm in Chapter 66?
7. How do Thomas and his friends manage to escape Crank Palace in Chapters 40 and 41?
8. Who is the leader of the Right Arm? How is this character described?
9. Why do Thomas and his friends go to Crank Palace? Do they achieve their objective there?
10. What are Grievers and what obstacle to they present to Thomas and the Gladers in Chapter 70?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Thomas's relationship with Teresa in the novel. What is revealed about Thomas and Teresa's history in the trilogy? Why does Thomas have problems trusting Teresa? Are these overcome?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of Denver in The Death Cure. How is this setting described when Thomas and his friends arrive? How does the setting change in the course of their stay in Denver? Why do they leave Denver?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Newt's death in the novel. How does Newt die? What leads up to his death? What are the impacts of Newt's death on the main characters of the story?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)