|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Brenda's friend that she wants to contact in Denver?
2. What is the block on the memories of Thomas and his friends called in the novel?
3. After how many days in the isolation room does the door open to Thomas in Chapter 1?
4. Whose voice comes from the robotic police screen that addresses Thomas in Chapter 31?
5. What false last name does Jorge provide for Thomas to the guard in Denver in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Denver changed when Thomas and his friends are reunited after the conflict at the coffee shop in Chapter 33?
2. What happens to the female guard that Minho takes hostage in Chapter 14?
3. Describe the character of Minho. How would you describe Minho's relationship with Thomas?
4. Define the following terms and discuss how they are used in the novel: Glader, Launcher, and Munie.
5. What is the Right Arm and what are its objectives?
6. How do Thomas and his friends manage to fight off the guards and escape in Chapters 18 and 19?
7. What is WICKED? What does it stand for? What are the objectives of the organization?
8. What is revealed in Newt's note in the Berg in Chapter 34?
9. What does Rat Man urge Thomas to do in Chapter 32? How?
10. How would you define the narrative style of The Death Cure? From what perspective is the story related?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the character of Rat Man/Janson in The Death Cure. What is Janson's role within WICKED? Why does Janson seek Thomas's return to the WICKED headquarters? What conflicts emerge surrounding Janson?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the setting of Denver in The Death Cure. How is this setting described when Thomas and his friends arrive? How does the setting change in the course of their stay in Denver? Why do they leave Denver?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss the setting where Thomas and his friends arrive after passing through the Flat Trans in the end of the novel. What imagery is used in describing this setting? What does this setting foreshadow for the protagonist and his friends?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)