|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thomas go to fetch the gun for the Red Shirt in Chapter 30?
2. Whose voice comes from the robotic police screen that addresses Thomas in Chapter 31?
3. What is the nickname for those who are immune to the Flare virus?
4. What do the Gladers refer to their meetings as in the novel?
5. Where do Thomas and his friends go to eat in the beginning of Chapter 29?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Thomas in the novel. What is Thomas's history with WICKED?
2. What causes the conflict between Newt and Minho in Chapter 15? How is it resolved?
3. How would you define the narrative style of The Death Cure? From what perspective is the story related?
4. What memories are related in Thomas's dreams in Chapter 22?
5. What causes the conflict that breaks out in the coffee shop in Chapter 29?
6. What is the Flare virus? What are the symptoms of the disease?
7. How do Thomas and his friends manage to fight off the guards and escape in Chapters 18 and 19?
8. What is revealed in Newt's note in the Berg in Chapter 34?
9. How does Brenda help Thomas when he is taken to have the Swipe removed?
10. Why was Thomas taken by WICKED when he was a child? What happened to his parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the theme of friendship in The Death Cure. How are friendships proven in the course of the narrative? What does friendship mean to the protagonists of the novel? What symbolism and imagery reflects this theme?
Essay Topic 2
What are Munies? What is their status in the society of The Death Cure? How are Munies regarded by others? Who among the main characters are Munies?
Essay Topic 3
Describe the settings of the Maze and the Glade in the novel. Why does Thomas return to these settings? What does he encounter when he arrives? How does he escape the Maze?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)