|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What had been Teresa's last words to Thomas, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
2. What do the Gladers refer to their meetings as in the novel?
3. What false last name does Jorge provide for Brenda to the guard in Denver in Chapter 23?
4. What are the large doors made of that Thomas and his friends face when exiting the Berg in Chapter 23?
5. What false last name does Jorge give to the Denver guard in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Flare virus? What are the symptoms of the disease?
2. Who is Red Shirt and why does he try to kidnap Thomas?
3. How has Denver changed when Thomas and his friends are reunited after the conflict at the coffee shop in Chapter 33?
4. What is the purpose of WICKED removing the Swipe from the subjects? Why does Thomas resist this procedure?
5. What is Newt's history in The Maze Runner Trilogy? What is his relationship like with Thomas when The Death Cure begins?
6. What causes the conflict between Newt and Minho in Chapter 15? How is it resolved?
7. What memories are related in Thomas's dreams in Chapter 22?
8. What does Rat Man urge Thomas to do in Chapter 32? How?
9. Describe the character of Thomas in the novel. What is Thomas's history with WICKED?
10. Describe the character of Minho. How would you describe Minho's relationship with Thomas?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Cranks? How are these characters/creatures presented in the novel? What behaviors do the Cranks present? Who among the main characters becomes a Crank?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the character of Thomas as the protagonist of The Death Cure. What attributes make Thomas a strong protagonist? What are Thomas's weaknesses in the narrative? Who is the antagonist to Thomas?
Essay Topic 3
What is the history of the Flare virus? When and how was the virus developed? Why was it developed? How was the virus released and what impact did it have?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)