|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what time do Thomas and his friends leave their motel in the morning in Chapter 34?
2. What do the Gladers refer to their meetings as in the novel?
3. Who killed Chuck?
4. Whose voice comes from the robotic police screen that addresses Thomas in Chapter 31?
5. Who helped Thomas when he assisted in creating the Maze?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the conflict between Newt and Minho in Chapter 15? How is it resolved?
2. Who is the main antagonist in The Death Cure? Why?
3. What is the Flare virus? What are the symptoms of the disease?
4. Why has Thomas been held in isolation in the beginning of the novel? Who brings him out of isolation?
5. What caused the outbreak of the Flare virus on Earth?
6. How would you define the narrative style of The Death Cure? From what perspective is the story related?
7. What memories are related in Thomas's dreams in Chapter 22?
8. What does Thomas learn has happened to Teresa in Chapter 17? How does he respond?
9. What has happened to Jorge when Thomas and his friends find him in Chapter 16?
10. Why was Thomas taken by WICKED when he was a child? What happened to his parents?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Newt's death in the novel. How does Newt die? What leads up to his death? What are the impacts of Newt's death on the main characters of the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Gally's character in the novel. How does Gally help Thomas and his friends? What is the history between Gally and Thomas in The Maze Runner Trilogy? What happens to Gally in the end of the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Thomas's relationship with Teresa in the novel. What is revealed about Thomas and Teresa's history in the trilogy? Why does Thomas have problems trusting Teresa? Are these overcome?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)