|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What message do the guards relay from Newt to Thomas and his friends in the end of Chapter 36?
(a) Newt has said he is imprisoned.
(b) Newt has left the building.
(c) Newt has told them to get lost.
(d) Newt has asked them to come in.
2. Who is the leader of the Right Arm?
3. Who pilots the Berg when Thomas and his friends escape Crank Palace in Chapter 40?
4. By what name does Thomas refer to the Crank who attacks him in the Central Zone in Chapter 39?
(a) Red Shirt.
(b) Bald Beard.
(c) Greasy Hair.
(d) Gray Moustache.
5. What begins opening as Thomas and the others escape in the end of Chapter 69?
(a) Beetle blades.
(b) Griever pods.
(c) Zombie coffins.
(d) The door to the dungeon.
Short Answer Questions
1. For how long was Minho with Newt in the Glade before Thomas showed up?
2. For how long do Thomas and his friends stay in the Berg while making plans in Chapter 42?
3. What does Gally claim that the lead engineer for WICKED's arms manufacturer has discovered in Chapter 52?
4. How is the Crank Palace structured, according to the narrator in Chapter 36?
5. Who does Thomas agree to take with him to see the boss of the Right Arm in Chapter 47?
Short Essay Questions
1. What procedure is Thomas to undertake as the "Final Candidate" in Chapter 59?
2. What is Thomas's reply when the leader of the Right Arm asks how he can contribute to their mission in Chapter 51?
3. Who is the leader of the Right Arm? How is this character described?
4. What does Thomas discover next to his bed when he awakens in Chapter 63?
5. What do Thomas and his friends find when they reach the Glade in Chapters 68 and 69?
6. Where are Thomas and Brenda taken by Lawrence in Chapter 47? Why?
7. What happens as Thomas's procedure is about to take place in Chapter 60?
8. Why do the guards assist Thomas and his friends at Crank Palace? How do they assist?
9. What are Grievers and what obstacle to they present to Thomas and the Gladers in Chapter 70?
10. What does Thomas surmise about the motives of the Right Arm in Chapter 66?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)