|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the average incubation period for the Flare virus, according to the posters Thomas reads in Chapter 31?
(a) 6 hours.
(b) 5-7 days.
(c) 2-3 months.
(d) 1-2 days.
2. What does the Rat Man say you need when running an experiment in Chapter 3?
(a) A scientist.
(b) A theory.
(d) A control group.
3. What color is the room where Thomas is being kept in Chapter 1?
4. Who has left Thomas and his friends a note in the Berg in Chapter 34?
5. What is Thomas urged to do by the person on the police screen in Chapter 32?
(a) Return to WICKED.
(b) Kill himself.
(c) Fight the Grievers.
(d) Kill Newt and Minho.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who suggests taking the female guard as a hostage in Chapter 13?
2. What clothing has been left to Thomas in Chapter 4?
3. Where has Jorge tracked Teresa and her friends to in Chapter 20?
4. How does Jorge say he was injured when Teresa and her group fled from WICKED's headquarters in Chapter 17?
5. What do the Gladers refer to their meetings as in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes the conflict that breaks out in the coffee shop in Chapter 29?
2. What causes the conflict between Newt and Minho in Chapter 15? How is it resolved?
3. What is the Right Arm and what are its objectives?
4. How is the setting of Denver described when Thomas and his friends arrive in Chapter 23?
5. Who is the main antagonist in The Death Cure? Why?
6. What has happened to Jorge when Thomas and his friends find him in Chapter 16?
7. How do Thomas and his friends manage to fight off the guards and escape in Chapters 18 and 19?
8. Why was Thomas taken by WICKED when he was a child? What happened to his parents?
9. Why do Thomas and his friends go to Denver?
10. Describe the character of Thomas in the novel. What is Thomas's history with WICKED?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)