|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Thomas and his friends travel to the address listed on the paper given to Thomas by the stranger in Chapter 24?
(a) By train.
(b) By taxi.
(c) By walking.
(d) By bus.
2. Who gets shot by a Launcher grenade trying to board the Berg in Chapter 18?
(d) Rat Man.
3. How did Thomas's father die?
(a) He was shot by the leader of WICKED.
(b) He died from a heart attack.
(c) He was infected with the Flare virus.
(d) He was killed in a car accident.
4. Who do Thomas and his friends discover tied up in a room while they look for the hangar in Chapter 15?
(b) Dr. Wright and Dr. Christensen.
(c) Chancellor Paige.
(d) Several guards from WICKED.
5. Where is Thomas when he awakens in Chapter 20?
(a) On the Berg.
(b) In the Maze.
(c) In the forest.
(d) In the Griever pods.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Flare virus identified on the posters that Thomas sees in Chapter 31?
2. What is the nickname for those who are immune to the Flare virus?
3. What are the large doors made of that Thomas and his friends face when exiting the Berg in Chapter 23?
4. Who helped Thomas when he assisted in creating the Maze?
5. What false last name does Jorge provide for Thomas to the guard in Denver in Chapter 23?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is revealed in Newt's note in the Berg in Chapter 34?
2. What is the purpose of WICKED removing the Swipe from the subjects? Why does Thomas resist this procedure?
3. What causes the conflict that breaks out in the coffee shop in Chapter 29?
4. Why has Thomas been held in isolation in the beginning of the novel? Who brings him out of isolation?
5. What is Newt's history in The Maze Runner Trilogy? What is his relationship like with Thomas when The Death Cure begins?
6. How is the setting of Denver described when Thomas and his friends arrive in Chapter 23?
7. What caused the outbreak of the Flare virus on Earth?
8. What memories are related in Thomas's dreams in Chapter 22?
9. How do Thomas and his friends manage to fight off the guards and escape in Chapters 18 and 19?
10. How is Gally's history in the Glade described in Chapter 24?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)