|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Newt not entered Denver with the rest of Thomas's group?
(a) Because he is infected with the Flare.
(b) Because he is infected by the Grievers.
(c) Because he is agoraphobic.
(d) Because he is immune to the Flare.
2. What two characters break into a physical fight in Chapter 15?
(a) Gally and Aris.
(b) Newt and Gally.
(c) Minho and Newt.
(d) Brenda and Thomas.
3. What clothing has been left to Thomas in Chapter 4?
(a) A robe and slippers.
(b) A t-shirt and jeans.
(c) Scrubs and sandals.
(d) A white suit.
4. Who has left Thomas and his friends a note in the Berg in Chapter 34?
5. For what organization does Thomas say he works when faced with the Red Shirt in Chapter 30?
(d) The Right Arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the average incubation period for the Flare virus, according to the posters Thomas reads in Chapter 31?
2. Where does Thomas go to fetch the gun for the Red Shirt in Chapter 30?
3. Who is the technician that is called in to perform the procedure on Thomas in Chapter 11?
4. Why is Thomas not incredibly fearful when he observes the fight between the tester and the infected man in Chapter 30?
5. Who is looking at Thomas when he awakens in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rat Man urge Thomas to do in Chapter 32? How?
2. What happens to the female guard that Minho takes hostage in Chapter 14?
3. How would you define the narrative style of The Death Cure? From what perspective is the story related?
4. Why do Thomas and his friends go to Denver?
5. What is WICKED? What does it stand for? What are the objectives of the organization?
6. Why was Thomas taken by WICKED when he was a child? What happened to his parents?
7. Define the following terms and discuss how they are used in the novel: Glader, Launcher, and Munie.
8. How do Thomas and his friends manage to fight off the guards and escape in Chapters 18 and 19?
9. What is the purpose of WICKED removing the Swipe from the subjects? Why does Thomas resist this procedure?
10. What causes the conflict that breaks out in the coffee shop in Chapter 29?
This section contains 769 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)