|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What false last name does Jorge provide for Thomas to the guard in Denver in Chapter 23?
2. What does WICKED stand for in the novel?
(a) World Insider Corporation for Kinetic Energy Development.
(b) World Intelligence Company for Kindness Engergy Development.
(c) World in Catastrophe, Killzone Experiment Department.
(d) Western Intelligence Covert Kindness Experiment Department.
3. What is the name of the drug that people use to slow brain function and thus the spread of the Flare?
4. Why does the Red Shirt take Thomas as a captive in Chapter 31?
(a) He intends to take him to the President.
(b) He intends to torture him for information.
(c) He intends to sell him for money.
(d) He intends to kill him.
5. By what name does Thomas refer to his friends that are at WICKED?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Newt intend to stay while Thomas and the others enter Denver in Chapter 22?
2. What is the real name of the man referred to as Rat Man in the novel?
3. Who first calls out to Thomas when he comes to the auditorium in Chapter 4?
4. What does Brenda hope her friend in Denver can help with in Chapter 21?
5. Thomas tells his friends in Chapter 8 that Brenda told Thomas only to trust her and whom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the female guard that Minho takes hostage in Chapter 14?
2. How is Gally's history in the Glade described in Chapter 24?
3. What conversation takes place between Brenda and Thomas at the coffee shop in Chapter 29?
4. Describe the character of Minho. How would you describe Minho's relationship with Thomas?
5. What is the purpose of WICKED removing the Swipe from the subjects? Why does Thomas resist this procedure?
6. Why has Thomas been held in isolation in the beginning of the novel? Who brings him out of isolation?
7. What is the Right Arm and what are its objectives?
8. Why was Thomas taken by WICKED when he was a child? What happened to his parents?
9. What does Thomas learn has happened to Teresa in Chapter 17? How does he respond?
10. How do Thomas and his friends manage to fight off the guards and escape in Chapters 18 and 19?
This section contains 768 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)