|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who killed Chuck?
2. Who first calls out to Thomas when he comes to the auditorium in Chapter 4?
3. How does Thomas say he feels when he awakens in Chapter 20?
(a) "Like I've been through a ringer."
(b) "Like a bucket of klunk."
(c) "Like a million dollars."
(d) "Like I'm still sleeping."
4. What is the nickname for those who are immune to the Flare virus?
(d) Beetle blades.
5. How does the Rat Man define the "killzone" in Chapter 3?
(a) The killzone is the heart.
(b) The killzone is the brain.
(c) The killzone is WICKED.
(d) The killzone is the Maze.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jorge say he was injured when Teresa and her group fled from WICKED's headquarters in Chapter 17?
2. What is the block on the memories of Thomas and his friends called in the novel?
3. What color is the room where Thomas is being kept in Chapter 1?
4. Who does Thomas describe vanishing from sight after their rescue on the giant Berg in Chapter 1?
5. What procedure has the Rat Man informed Thomas, Minho, and Newt they will be undergoing in Chapter 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Thomas been held in isolation in the beginning of the novel? Who brings him out of isolation?
2. Who is the main antagonist in The Death Cure? Why?
3. What caused the outbreak of the Flare virus on Earth?
4. What is the Right Arm and what are its objectives?
5. What memories are related in Thomas's dreams in Chapter 22?
6. What is the purpose of WICKED removing the Swipe from the subjects? Why does Thomas resist this procedure?
7. What causes the conflict that breaks out in the coffee shop in Chapter 29?
8. Describe the character of Thomas in the novel. What is Thomas's history with WICKED?
9. What conversation takes place between Brenda and Thomas at the coffee shop in Chapter 29?
10. Define the following terms and discuss how they are used in the novel: Glader, Launcher, and Munie.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)