|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Rat Man say you need when running an experiment in Chapter 3?
(b) A control group.
(c) A theory.
(d) A scientist.
2. What is Thomas doing with his mother in his dream in Chapter 9?
(a) Sitting in church.
(b) Eating breakfast.
(c) Running on a beach.
(d) Reading poetry.
3. Who is looking at Thomas when he awakens in Chapter 20?
4. How does Jorge say he was injured when Teresa and her group fled from WICKED's headquarters in Chapter 17?
(a) He was stabbed in the arm.
(b) He was shot in the leg.
(c) He was hit over the head.
(d) He was stabbed in the chest.
5. Where does the Rat Man take Thomas after leading him from the isolation chamber in Chapter 3?
(a) To the Griever pods.
(b) To the cafeteria.
(c) To the showers.
(d) To the Maze.
6. What is brought for Thomas, Minho, and Newt for dinner in Chapter 8?
(a) Soup and sandwiches.
(b) Steak tartare.
(c) Pork chops and potatoes.
(d) Steak and lobster.
7. What procedure has the Rat Man informed Thomas, Minho, and Newt they will be undergoing in Chapter 10?
(a) They will be having their memories erased.
(b) They will be having their memories restored.
(c) They will be getting injected with the Flare.
(d) They will be undergoing lobotomies.
8. Where does Newt intend to stay while Thomas and the others enter Denver in Chapter 22?
(a) At WICKED's headquarters.
(b) On the Berg.
(c) In the Maze.
(d) In the Griever pods.
9. How does the Rat Man define the "killzone" in Chapter 3?
(a) The killzone is the brain.
(b) The killzone is WICKED.
(c) The killzone is the heart.
(d) The killzone is the Maze.
10. Where does Thomas go with his mother when he is on his bike in his dream in Chapter 9?
(a) To Denver.
(b) To the ocean.
(c) To a church.
(d) To a pond.
11. Whose key card does Thomas steal in Chapter 12?
(d) Dr. Wright's.
12. What color shirts to the "tester guards" wear typically in Denver?
13. What false last name does Jorge provide for Minho to the guard in Denver in Chapter 23?
14. Thomas tells his friends in Chapter 8 that Brenda told Thomas only to trust her and whom?
(b) Dr. Christensen.
(c) Chancellor Paige.
(d) Dr. Wright.
15. In what way are Thomas and Teresa able to communicate?
(a) By telepathy.
(b) By rain symbols.
(c) By radio signal.
(d) By Morse code.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the Flare virus identified on the posters that Thomas sees in Chapter 31?
2. What is the robotic creature that is spying on Thomas and his friends as they make their escape in Chapter 13?
3. What does Thomas find to eat in the fridge of the room where he, Minho, and Newt are taken in Chapter 8?
4. What is the block on the memories of Thomas and his friends called in the novel?
5. Where has Jorge tracked Teresa and her friends to in Chapter 20?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)