|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Thomas not incredibly fearful when he observes the fight between the tester and the infected man in Chapter 30?
(a) Because he is infected with the Flare.
(b) Because he is invincible.
(c) Because he is armed with a Launcher.
(d) Because he is immune to the Flare.
2. What does the Rat Man say you need when running an experiment in Chapter 3?
(b) A control group.
(c) A theory.
(d) A scientist.
3. What false last name does Jorge provide for Thomas to the guard in Denver in Chapter 23?
4. From what narrative perspective is The Death Cure related?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person.
(c) Fourth person.
(d) Second person.
5. Who does Thomas describe vanishing from sight after their rescue on the giant Berg in Chapter 1?
(a) Cliff and Frypan.
(b) Minho and Jorge.
(c) Teresa and Newt.
(d) Brenda and Jorge.
6. Who has left Thomas and his friends a note in the Berg in Chapter 34?
7. What do the Gladers refer to their meetings as in the novel?
8. What is the robotic creature that is spying on Thomas and his friends as they make their escape in Chapter 13?
(a) A cop screen.
(b) A griever.
(c) A Launcher.
(d) A beetle blade.
9. What are the large doors made of that Thomas and his friends face when exiting the Berg in Chapter 23?
10. Who has created fake documents for Thomas and his friends as they enter Denver?
11. Who attempts to get Thomas outside when the Red Shirt takes him captive in Chapter 31?
12. What is Thomas doing with his mother in his dream in Chapter 9?
(a) Sitting in church.
(b) Reading poetry.
(c) Running on a beach.
(d) Eating breakfast.
13. Thomas tells his friends in Chapter 8 that Brenda told Thomas only to trust her and whom?
(b) Dr. Christensen.
(c) Chancellor Paige.
(d) Dr. Wright.
14. Why does the Red Shirt take Thomas as a captive in Chapter 31?
(a) He intends to torture him for information.
(b) He intends to sell him for money.
(c) He intends to take him to the President.
(d) He intends to kill him.
15. What false last name does Jorge give to the Denver guard in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who first calls out to Thomas when he comes to the auditorium in Chapter 4?
2. What is printed on the posters that Thomas notes while traveling through Denver in Chapter 24?
3. Where do Thomas and his friends end up after crossing the wall into Denver in Chapter 23?
4. Why does the man from WICKED come for Thomas in his dream in Chapter 9?
5. What does Thomas find to eat in the fridge of the room where he, Minho, and Newt are taken in Chapter 8?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)