|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 59 - 65.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Newt not entered Denver with the rest of Thomas's group?
(a) Because he is agoraphobic.
(b) Because he is immune to the Flare.
(c) Because he is infected by the Grievers.
(d) Because he is infected with the Flare.
2. Why is Thomas not incredibly fearful when he observes the fight between the tester and the infected man in Chapter 30?
(a) Because he is invincible.
(b) Because he is armed with a Launcher.
(c) Because he is infected with the Flare.
(d) Because he is immune to the Flare.
3. What is the first line of the letter to Thomas that he finds in the manila folder in Chapter 63?
(a) "Thank you for your service."
(b) "WICKED is good."
(c) "It's my belief that the Trials are over."
(d) "Janson has been eliminated."
4. Why does the Red Shirt take Thomas as a captive in Chapter 31?
(a) He intends to sell him for money.
(b) He intends to torture him for information.
(c) He intends to take him to the President.
(d) He intends to kill him.
5. What does Thomas beg Newt to do in Chapter 55?
(a) To kill Thomas.
(b) To go to the Right Arm's headquarters.
(c) To kill himself.
(d) To come with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Thomas go with his mother when he is on his bike in his dream in Chapter 9?
2. Who does Thomas recall tying into the ivy to hide him from the Grievers in Chapter 23?
3. What are the people infected with the Flare virus called?
4. How does Thomas say he feels when he awakens in Chapter 20?
5. What sound fills Thomas's ears after he is been hit by a Launcher in Chapter 19?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)