|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Johnny meet at the beginning of Chapter 21?
2. What did the kid take a photograph of?
3. What kind of weapon does Johnny have in his attache case?
4. Who did Johnny urge Sarah to call?
5. Who does Johnny explain about in his letter to Herb?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is New Hampshire perfect for Johnny?
2. What does Johnny visualize as he waits to kill Stillson?
3. How does the steakhouse owner react to Johnny's information about the fire?
4. What is Herb's relationship with Charlene?
5. Why does Johnny think it was fate to have a brain tumor?
6. How does Johnny prove Chuck has a reading phobia?
7. How does Stillson react when Johnny shoots at him?
8. Why does Chuck need Johnny's help?
9. Why is the FBI suspicious of Stillson?
10. Why does Johnny think Chuck's father is inadvertently responsible for Chuck's reading phobia?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
How accurate do the students think is Stephen King's representation of 1970s American politics? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)