|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Roger pay off for Johnny in this section?
2. What did the kid take a photograph of?
3. Who does Herb ask to marry him?
4. What does Ngo say must always be killed?
5. What does Johnny say he is writing?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johnny decide to deal Stillson?
2. What does Johnny visualize as he waits to kill Stillson?
3. What advice does Ngo give Johnny in this section?
4. Why does Ngo need to have a knowledge of American politics?
5. What does Johnny feel when he shakes Stillson's hand?
6. How does Johnny prove Chuck has a reading phobia?
7. How does Stillson react when Johnny shoots at him?
8. Why does Johnny think he is running out of time?
9. How does Johnny convince himself he is doing the right thing by following Stillson so closely?
10. How does Ngo say someone should stop Stillson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the main turning points of the book? How does King develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the structure of the book.
1. How does the author use character and dialogue to drive the narrative?
2. Discuss elements of the narrative structure: exposition, conflict, complication, climax, resolution and conclusion. Do all the elements make for a logical and linear story? How does the story's structure express the book's themes?
Essay Topic 3
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)