|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where Johnny does think nuclear war will start?
2. What is the gardener's name?
3. What kind of drug does Johnny ask Sarah if she is taking?
4. How does Johnny travel to New Hampshire?
5. What does Ngo say must always be killed?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johnny decide to deal Stillson?
2. What does Johnny write in his letters to his loved ones?
3. What image does Stillson project for himself as a politician?
4. What does Johnny visualize as he waits to kill Stillson?
5. Why is the FBI suspicious of Stillson?
6. Why is New Hampshire perfect for Johnny?
7. How does Stillson react when Johnny shoots at him?
8. How does Johnny prove Chuck has a reading phobia?
9. How does Ngo say someone should stop Stillson?
10. What do the Chatsworths think about Stillson?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of King's previous books and contrast it with THE DEAD ZONE in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 3
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)