|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Johhny and Sarah eat at the carnival?
2. What special day are Johnny and Sarah celebrating at the beginning of the first part?
3. How does Johnny think his father has changed in Chapter 12?
4. Who falls into a religious frenzy in Chapter 3?
5. What does Vera talk to Johnny about?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johnny prove his powers to the sheriff?
2. How does Johnny win $500 in this section?
3. How does Johnny injure himself in the beginning of the novel?
4. How do Johnny friends convince him to help the sheriff?
5. What decision do Sarah and Johnny make about their relationship in this section?
6. Why does Vera decide to stop her medication?
7. How does the sheriff want Johnny to help him?
8. Why does Dr. Weizak decide against visiting his mother?
9. How does Johnny end up in a coma in this section?
10. How does Stillson kill the farm's dog?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of King's previous books and contrast it with THE DEAD ZONE in terms of the following;
Essay Topic 2
Pick two characters from the book and discuss their goals and motives. Do they achieve their motive? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
Why do the students think Greg makes such a successful politician? What does it say about how King views politics that someone Greg could get so far in politics? What does the character of Greg express about American politics in the 70s?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)