|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What game do Johnny and his friends play on the ice?
2. What kind of animals does the physiotherapist own?
3. What special day are Johnny and Sarah celebrating at the beginning of the first part?
4. Which President has recently resigned?
5. What company does Stillson work for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johnny help Sarah at the end of this section?
2. How has Stillson's life changed in this section?
3. What does Johnny visualize at the murder scene?
4. Why does Johnny decide against helping the sheriff?
5. How does the sheriff want Johnny to help him?
6. How did the serial killer's childhood scar his life?
7. What advice does Vera give Johnny before she dies?
8. How does the reporter revenge Johnny for throwing him out of his house?
9. Why is Johnny apprehensive of Bright?
10. How does Johnny injure himself in the beginning of the novel?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify the main themes of the story. In what way are these themes relevant to the period? How does the author use character and setting to express these themes?
Essay Topic 2
How accurate do the students think is Stephen King's representation of 1970s American politics? How does he use the story and character to create his representation?
Essay Topic 3
What are the main turning points of the book? How does King develop his story to get to each turning point? What happens to the story after a major turning point?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)