|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Johnny say he wants to learn?
2. What is the title of the first part of the book?
3. Who does Sarah marry in this section?
4. In which month does the story begin?
5. Who does Johnny have to speak to at the beginning of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Johnny end up in a coma in this section?
2. How does Johnny win $500 in this section?
3. How does Johnny help Sarah at the end of this section?
4. How does Sarah's conservatism affect her relationship with Johnny?
5. How does Stillson kill the farm's dog?
6. What advice does Vera give Johnny before she dies?
7. How does Stillson convince the boy to behave?
8. What does Johnny visualize at the murder scene?
9. How does Johnny help his physiotherapist in this chapter?
10. How does the reporter revenge Johnny for throwing him out of his house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following and discuss how it affects the tone of the book and helps to express character and theme:
2. Point of view
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does it have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the book's dialogue. How does the author's dialogue contribute to the following areas:
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)