Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee finds the suitcases, how far below the surface are the suitcases buried?
2. According to the rap sheet Chee is reading at the prison, what was the prisoner's first arrest for?
3. According to his mother, how many one hundred dollar bills did Joseph have when he returned from prison
4. When Chee notices vehicle tracks in the sand that have been dampened by the previous night's rain, where is Chee headed?
5. What is the name of Joseph Musket's mother?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast T.L. Johnson and Captain Largo.
a. How are the two characters similar in terms of their professional lives? How are they different?
b. How are the two characters similar in their personality characteristics, strengths, and weaknesses? How are they different?
c. Looking forward, how might Chee's suspected involvement in the plane crash and drug trade have affected each of these men as they moved forward with their lives? Would they be similarly affected or not? Explain your answers and your reasoning.
Essay Topic 2
Hillerman uses this story to examine the role that truth plays in our daily lives. Examine the author's beliefs through his storytelling. Why would the author choose this story to overlay his demonstration of the consequences realized when the truth is distorted or hidden? What did you learn from the author's discussion on truth? What other avenues, if any, could the author have used to express his beliefs? Would those avenues have been as effective as the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The book is titled The Dark Wind. Why did the author choose this title? How does the title foreshadow the events that unfold in the story, the struggles of the main character, and the determination of Jim Chee to set things right?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)