|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chee tell Largo that he wants to go visit to find out more about Musket?
(a) The Albuquerque jail.
(b) The New Orleans Federal Prison.
(c) The Dallas state penitentiary.
(d) The Sante Fe state penitentiary.
2. What is a powaqa?
(a) A peaceful spirit.
(b) A happy mind.
(c) A good soul.
(d) A two-heart.
3. As the Cessna's pilot is bringing the plane in for landing, what does the pilot suddenly realize?
(a) Law enforcment is just over the mesa.
(b) His landing gear is stuck.
(c) Drug running is dangerous.
(d) Trust is a mistake.
4. Where does Johnson find the business card that Gaines had given to Chee when they first met?
(a) In Chee's billfold.
(b) By Chee's telephone.
(c) On Chee's kitchen table.
(d) In Chee's dresser drawer.
5. How far above the ground does the pilot fly his Cessna plane?
(a) 300 feet.
(b) 100 feet.
(c) 200 feet.
(d) 500 feet.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the prime suspect in the Burnt Water Trading Post burglary?
2. What is the person searching Chee's trailer looking for?
3. What do the Hopis offer as gifts to the spirits?
4. How many grandchildren does Lomatewa have?
5. According to one of Chee's sources, who could be a powaqa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened on the day that Chee first met the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
2. Why does Dashee's boss, the sheriff, think Dashee knows where the drugs are hidden?
3. Why does the Cessna's pilot fly near Balakai Mesa on his route?
4. According to Chee's conversation with the old Hopi, what does Chee say that he understands it gets harder and harder to do?
5. After Johnson leaves Chee's trailer, Chee tells Captain Largo what happened. According to Chee, what was Johnson's story going to be if Chee filed a complaint against Johnson?
6. What does Chee find when he approaches the car as the car sits in the middle of the plaza?
7. How does Chee decide to ensure that Miss Pauling has access to the switchboard at the Hopi Cultural Center motel when Gaines's call comes in?
8. After Johnson handcuffs Chee in Chee's trailer, what does Johnson insist that Chee keep in mind?
9. When Chee phones Dashee to ask about the missing drugs, what does Dashee tell Chee?
10. As Chee flees from his trailer where two men were waiting for him, whom does Chee think the two men may have been?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)