|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chee, what is a belacani?
(a) An English person.
(b) A Mexican person.
(c) A white person.
(d) An African American person.
2. How many lights are used to mark the plane's "landing" site?
3. What is the name of Johnson's partner who searches Chee's trailer with Johnson?
(a) Jake West.
(b) Rodney Marin.
(c) Larry Collins.
(d) Ben Gaines.
4. What clan is the boy from who originally sees the body at the beginning of the story?
5. What agency is Johnson with?
(a) THe Navajo Police.
(b) The Hopi Police.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The CIA.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Lomatewa?
2. What one drink does Chee not touch?
3. What name does Dashee go by when being addressed by his family members?
4. What color is the missing vehicle?
5. How large is the Burnt Water Quadrangle that Chee is searching?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gaines and Miss Pauling meet?
2. What does Albert Lomatewa notice about the boot he sees fifteen yards away from him on the trail?
3. Describe the man who emerges from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers.
4. After Johnson leaves Chee's trailer, Chee tells Captain Largo what happened. According to Chee, what was Johnson's story going to be if Chee filed a complaint against Johnson?
5. According to Lomatewa, why had Sotuknang destroyed the world?
6. When Chee suddenly awakens in the arroyo, what sound first causes him to wake?
7. How does Chee respond when the dead pilot's attorney tries to hire him to investigate the plane crash?
8. What happened on the day that Chee first met the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
9. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, Chee is nervous about returning to his vehicle. Describe Chee's actions as he goes back to his truck.
10. Why does the Cessna's pilot fly near Balakai Mesa on his route?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)