|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chee, what do the Navajo's not have a word for in their language?
2. According to Lomatewa, how many times has Sotuknang destroyed the world?
3. As Chee ponders the mystery, who does Chee imagine telling him that there was a reason for the car to be hidden away?
(a) Chee's brother.
(b) Chee's cousin.
(c) Chee's boss.
(d) Chee's uncle.
4. From where was the missing vehicle rented?
(a) Phoenix International Airport.
(b) Albuquerque International Airport.
(c) Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport.
(d) Tulsa Regional Airport.
5. Where is the Cessna scheduled to land on the night that it ends up crashing?
(a) Black Spot Mesa.
(b) Tse Chizzi Wash.
(c) Wepo Wash.
(d) Balakai Mesa.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee finally finds the missing vehicle, what kind of car is it?
2. According to what Johnson tells Chee, how many days will it be before the people who own the drugs figure out that Chee had them?
3. After Chee explains what happened in the trailer to Largo, how many days does Largo tell Chee to take off from work?
4. How does the Cessna's passenger characterize the country that he sees flying under the plane?
5. What is the name of the person who runs the Burnt Water Trading Post?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Johnson leaves Chee's trailer, Chee tells Captain Largo what happened. According to Chee, what was Johnson's story going to be if Chee filed a complaint against Johnson?
2. While staring at the body Lomatewa finds off the trail, what does he notice about the body's feet?
3. What does Albert Lomatewa notice about the boot he sees fifteen yards away from him on the trail?
4. As Chee is being questioned by Johnson about the plane crash, what professional habit does Chee decide to avoid developing?
5. When Chee asks Largo if he's concerned with the missing fifty minutes that Johnson is concerned about, why does Largo admit he's not concerned with the missing minutes?
6. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, Chee is nervous about returning to his vehicle. Describe Chee's actions as he goes back to his truck.
7. According to Lomatewa, why had Sotuknang destroyed the world?
8. According to Chee, how does one become a good tracker?
9. Why does the Cessna's pilot fly near Balakai Mesa on his route?
10. What similarity does Chee notice about the man who was at the plane crash site and the man who almost discovered Chee's hiding place during his night in the arroyo?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)