|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two people emerge from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers. What is the man's name?
(a) T.L. Johnson.
(b) Albert Gorman.
(c) Jake West.
(d) Ben Gaines.
2. When the dead pilot's attorney questions Chee about the shot Chee heard, what kind of gun does Chee think fired the round?
(a) A shot gun.
(b) A .38.
(c) A .22.
(d) A rifle.
3. Where does Chee come from?
4. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, how long does Chee wait before moving from his hiding spot?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) One hour.
5. Before Johnson slaps Chee, when was the last time Chee had been slapped by anyone?
(a) When Chee was a boy.
(b) When Chee was in college.
(c) When Chee was a gangster.
(d) When Chee was a boxer.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee telephones the hotel where Gaines is staying, where is Chee calling from?
2. Who is the guardian spirit of the Fourth World of the Hopis?
3. According to Chee, what do the Navajo's not have a word for in their language?
4. What agency is Johnson with?
5. How large is the Burnt Water Quadrangle that Chee is searching?
Short Essay Questions
1. When questioned by the dead pilot's attorney, how does Chee justify his conclusion as to where the plane had previously landed and taken off?
2. As Chee is being questioned by Johnson about the plane crash, what professional habit does Chee decide to avoid developing?
3. As Chee studies the tracks left on the ground in the wash, what does Chee deduce about the hidden car?
4. When Chee asks Largo if he's concerned with the missing fifty minutes that Johnson is concerned about, why does Largo admit he's not concerned with the missing minutes?
5. Describe the man who emerges from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers.
6. After visiting the crash site and hearing Chee's explanation of events, what conclusion does the woman who emerged from the car draw?
7. What does Johnson assume took place when Chee and Gaines were talking at the plane crash site?
8. While staring at the body Lomatewa finds off the trail, why is Lomatewa thinking about how to handle the body?
9. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, Chee is nervous about returning to his vehicle. Describe Chee's actions as he goes back to his truck.
10. Describe the plane wreckage when Jim Chee first sees it.
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)