|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chee tell Largo that he wants to go visit to find out more about Musket?
(a) The Albuquerque jail.
(b) The Dallas state penitentiary.
(c) The New Orleans Federal Prison.
(d) The Sante Fe state penitentiary.
2. How large is the Burnt Water Quadrangle that Chee is searching?
(a) 10 square miles.
(b) 32 square miles.
(c) 64 square miles.
(d) 96 square miles.
3. To what clan was Captain Largo born to?
(a) Slow Talking Dinee.
(b) Bitter Water People.
(c) Standing Rock Dinee.
(d) Red Forehead Dinee.
4. When Chee telephones the hotel where Gaines is staying, where is Chee calling from?
(a) Chee's trailer.
(b) A Chevron station.
(c) A roadside diner.
(d) The police station.
5. What does Tavasuh mean?
(a) Dead body.
(d) Poor soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the night the Cessna crashes, how many times had the pilot previously flown this exact route?
2. According to the local gossip, who killed the John Doe that Chee was investigating?
3. What is the name of the younger Navajo woman talking while Chee is waiting to talk to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
4. About how far from the practice landing site does the plane attempt to land the night it crashes?
5. After Chee explains what happened in the trailer to Largo, how many days does Largo tell Chee to take off from work?
Short Essay Questions
1. After visiting the crash site and hearing Chee's explanation of events, what conclusion does the woman who emerged from the car draw?
2. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, Chee is nervous about returning to his vehicle. Describe Chee's actions as he goes back to his truck.
3. Describe the plane wreckage when Jim Chee first sees it.
4. According to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, why did he fire Joseph Musket?
5. After making the telephone call to the hotel where Gaines was staying, why does Chee head towards the plane crash site?
6. According to what Largo tells Chee, what does the Drug Enforcement Agency think about the location of the drug shipment?
7. When Chee asks Largo if he's concerned with the missing fifty minutes that Johnson is concerned about, why does Largo admit he's not concerned with the missing minutes?
8. How did Gaines and Miss Pauling meet?
9. Why does the Cessna's pilot fly near Balakai Mesa on his route?
10. While staring at the body Lomatewa finds off the trail, what does he notice about the body's feet?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)