|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car drives to the crash site when Chee is looking for answers?
(a) A Toyota Sienna.
(b) A Ford Bronco.
(c) A Dodge Durango.
(d) A Chevy Tahoe.
2. To what clan was Captain Largo born to?
(a) Standing Rock Dinee.
(b) Slow Talking Dinee.
(c) Bitter Water People.
(d) Red Forehead Dinee.
3. With what group did the dead pilot used to fly?
(a) British Commanding Squadron.
(b) Israeli Mossad.
(c) Tactical Air Force.
(d) U.S. Air Force.
4. What is the name of the person who runs the Burnt Water Trading Post?
(a) James Largo.
(b) Jake West.
(c) Joseph Musket.
(d) Jim Chee.
5. What is the person searching Chee's trailer looking for?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Cessna scheduled to land on the night that it ends up crashing?
2. When Chee first meets the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, how long has the owner been operating the store?
3. According to the conversation at the Burnt Water Trading Post, when a woman shot a dog with her .22, what did the dog turn into?
4. How many grandchildren does Lomatewa have?
5. About how far from the practice landing site does the plane attempt to land the night it crashes?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chee respond when the dead pilot's attorney tries to hire him to investigate the plane crash?
2. What happened on the day that Chee first met the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
3. As Chee studies the tracks left on the ground in the wash, what does Chee deduce about the hidden car?
4. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, what is Chee's first instinct?
5. After making the telephone call to the hotel where Gaines was staying, why does Chee head towards the plane crash site?
6. Why are there only a few exit points from the wash in which Chee finds the missing vehicle?
7. Why does the Cessna's pilot fly near Balakai Mesa on his route?
8. Describe the man who emerges from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers.
9. What does Johnson assume took place when Chee and Gaines were talking at the plane crash site?
10. According to Lomatewa, why had Sotuknang destroyed the world?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)