|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the rental documents, who had originally rented the missing vehicle?
(a) T.L. Johnson.
(b) Larry Collins.
(c) Jerry Jansen.
(d) Jake West.
2. When Chee finds the missing vehicle, it has already been searched. Who does Chee believe already searched the vehicle?
(a) The DEA.
(b) The Hopi.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The FBI.
3. From where was the missing vehicle rented?
(a) Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport.
(b) Tulsa Regional Airport.
(c) Phoenix International Airport.
(d) Albuquerque International Airport.
4. How long does Chee explore the crash site looking for answers before he hears a car approaching?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Three hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Forty minutes.
5. What is the name of the man who is accompanying Lomatewa on his quest for spruce?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car drives to the crash site when Chee is looking for answers?
2. Where does Johnson find the business card that Gaines had given to Chee when they first met?
3. While Chee is waiting to talk to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading post, what are the three women in front of the store talking about?
4. What name does Dashee go by when being addressed by his family members?
5. How large is the Burnt Water Quadrangle that Chee is searching?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the friend of West that Chee interviews, why did Johnson stay parked away from the prison long after he and West were finished talking?
2. According to what Miss Pauling overhears on Gaines's phone call, what does the caller insist on when the exchange is to be made and why?
3. When Chee phones Dashee to ask about the missing drugs, what does Dashee tell Chee?
4. While Chee and Dashee are meeting with the old Hopi, why is Dashee incredulous?
5. Why does Chee unearth the hidden suitcases and take them with him to the village where the ceremony is taking place?
6. After Johnson handcuffs Chee in Chee's trailer, what does Johnson insist that Chee keep in mind?
7. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, what is Chee's first instinct?
8. As Chee studies the tracks left on the ground in the wash, what does Chee deduce about the hidden car?
9. When questioned by the dead pilot's attorney, how does Chee justify his conclusion as to where the plane had previously landed and taken off?
10. When Largo tells Chee to take a few days off from work, what does Largo caution Chee to do?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)