|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Chee first meets the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, how long has the owner been operating the store?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
2. How old is Lomatewa?
3. Before Johnson slaps Chee, when was the last time Chee had been slapped by anyone?
(a) When Chee was a boy.
(b) When Chee was in college.
(c) When Chee was a gangster.
(d) When Chee was a boxer.
4. According to what the woman who emerges from the car has been told, who saw the plane crash?
(a) Ben Gaines.
(b) Albert Gorman.
(c) T.L. Johnson.
(d) Jim Chee.
5. According to Chee, what do the Navajo's not have a word for in their language?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Chee's calculations, when had John Doe's body been dumped on the path?
2. What is a powaqa?
3. On the night the Cessna crashes, who is scheduled to meet the plane when it lands?
4. In what hotel is Ben Gaines staying while awaiting word on Chee's investigation?
5. What kind of car drives to the crash site when Chee is looking for answers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the man who emerges from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers.
2. According to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, why did he fire Joseph Musket?
3. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, what is Chee's first instinct?
4. After Johnson leaves Chee's trailer, Chee tells Captain Largo what happened. According to Chee, what was Johnson's story going to be if Chee filed a complaint against Johnson?
5. As Chee is being questioned by Johnson about the plane crash, what professional habit does Chee decide to avoid developing?
6. While staring at the body Lomatewa finds off the trail, what does he notice about the body's feet?
7. Why are there only a few exit points from the wash in which Chee finds the missing vehicle?
8. Why does the Cessna's pilot fly near Balakai Mesa on his route?
9. According to Lomatewa, why had Sotuknang destroyed the world?
10. After Johnson handcuffs Chee in Chee's trailer, what does Johnson insist that Chee keep in mind?
This section contains 711 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)