|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the Cessna's pilot is bringing the plane in for landing, what does the pilot suddenly realize?
(a) Law enforcment is just over the mesa.
(b) Drug running is dangerous.
(c) Trust is a mistake.
(d) His landing gear is stuck.
2. At the Burnt Water Trading Post, whose picture does Dashee show to West and Chee?
(a) Richard Gaines.
(b) Richard Dasher.
(c) Richard Pauling.
(d) Richard Palanzer.
3. Where is Jerry Jansen from?
(b) San Antonio.
(c) New Orleans.
4. According to the rental documents, who had originally rented the missing vehicle?
(a) Larry Collins.
(b) T.L. Johnson.
(c) Jake West.
(d) Jerry Jansen.
5. What is the name of the man who is accompanying Lomatewa on his quest for spruce?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date does the Niman Kachina take place?
2. According to the conversation at the Burnt Water Trading Post, what did the man seen lurking around suddenly turn into?
3. How long does Chee explore the crash site looking for answers before he hears a car approaching?
4. According to Chee, what is a belacani?
5. In what hotel is Ben Gaines staying while awaiting word on Chee's investigation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Cessna's pilot fly near Balakai Mesa on his route?
2. When Chee suddenly awakens in the arroyo, what sound first causes him to wake?
3. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, what is Chee's first instinct?
4. When questioned by the dead pilot's attorney, how does Chee justify his conclusion as to where the plane had previously landed and taken off?
5. When Largo tells Chee to take a few days off from work, what does Largo caution Chee to do?
6. How did Gaines and Miss Pauling meet?
7. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, Chee is nervous about returning to his vehicle. Describe Chee's actions as he goes back to his truck.
8. As Chee studies the tracks left on the ground in the wash, what does Chee deduce about the hidden car?
9. What is the first rule of collecting gossip according to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
10. What happened on the day that Chee first met the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)