|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How far above the ground does the pilot fly his Cessna plane?
(a) 100 feet.
(b) 300 feet.
(c) 200 feet.
(d) 500 feet.
2. What light source does Chee use to study the geological survey map after it becomes too dark to search the quadrangle?
(a) His truck headlights.
(b) His flashlight.
(c) Battery lanterns.
3. What is the name of the Cessna's pilot?
4. Who is Albert Lomatewa?
(a) The Rabbi.
(b) The Avenger.
(c) The Seer.
(d) The Messenger.
5. What kinds of lights are used to guide the pilot to his "landing" site?
(d) Battery lanterns.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee first meets the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, how long has the owner been operating the store?
2. Who is the guardian spirit of the Fourth World of the Hopis?
3. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, how long does Chee wait before moving from his hiding spot?
4. What is a yataalii?
5. What does Tavasuh mean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Black Mesa.
2. According to Chee's conversation with the old Hopi, what would Chee do if he wanted to help the guardian of the shrine?
3. According to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, why did he fire Joseph Musket?
4. Why are there only a few exit points from the wash in which Chee finds the missing vehicle?
5. According to Mr. Armijo, why did the person Chee goes to the prison to find out about have lots of friends in the prison?
6. Why does Chee unearth the hidden suitcases and take them with him to the village where the ceremony is taking place?
7. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, Chee is nervous about returning to his vehicle. Describe Chee's actions as he goes back to his truck.
8. What does Chee find when he approaches the car as the car sits in the middle of the plaza?
9. How does Chee respond when Dashee asks Chee directly if Chee found the car?
10. When Chee suddenly awakens in the arroyo, what sound first causes him to wake?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)