|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the missing vehicle?
(b) Dark blue.
(c) Dark green.
2. How does the Cessna's passenger characterize the country that he sees flying under the plane?
3. What clan is the boy from who originally sees the body at the beginning of the story?
4. When Chee telephones the hotel where Gaines is staying, how long have Ben Gaines and Miss Pauling known each other?
(a) Ten days.
(b) Five days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Three days.
5. Where is the Cessna scheduled to land on the night that it ends up crashing?
(a) Balakai Mesa.
(b) Black Spot Mesa.
(c) Wepo Wash.
(d) Tse Chizzi Wash.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the dead pilot's attorney questions Chee about the shot Chee heard, what kind of gun does Chee think fired the round?
2. According to what the woman who emerges from the car has been told, who saw the plane crash?
3. How many lights are used to mark the plane's "landing" site?
4. How many grandchildren does Lomatewa have?
5. Where does Chee tell Largo that he wants to go visit to find out more about Musket?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are there only a few exit points from the wash in which Chee finds the missing vehicle?
2. How does Chee respond when the dead pilot's attorney tries to hire him to investigate the plane crash?
3. When Chee asks Largo if he's concerned with the missing fifty minutes that Johnson is concerned about, why does Largo admit he's not concerned with the missing minutes?
4. What does Albert Lomatewa notice about the boot he sees fifteen yards away from him on the trail?
5. According to Lomatewa, why had Sotuknang destroyed the world?
6. After Johnson handcuffs Chee in Chee's trailer, what does Johnson insist that Chee keep in mind?
7. According to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, why did he fire Joseph Musket?
8. What similarity does Chee notice about the man who was at the plane crash site and the man who almost discovered Chee's hiding place during his night in the arroyo?
9. How did Gaines and Miss Pauling meet?
10. According to Lomatewa's plan, when can the three men finally talk about the body they have discovered?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)