|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Hopis offer as gifts to the spirits?
2. Who is the guardian spirit of the Fourth World of the Hopis?
3. Before the night the Cessna crashes, how many times had the pilot previously flown this exact route?
(a) Five times.
(b) One time.
(c) Three times.
(d) Eight times.
4. Where does Johnson find the business card that Gaines had given to Chee when they first met?
(a) On Chee's kitchen table.
(b) In Chee's billfold.
(c) In Chee's dresser drawer.
(d) By Chee's telephone.
5. What is the name of the prime suspect in the Burnt Water Trading Post burglary?
(a) Daniel Largo.
(b) Jim Chee.
(c) Jake West.
(d) Joseph Musket.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many lights are used to mark the plane's "landing" site?
2. After the low-flying plane passes over Chee's truck in the dark, how far from the truck does Chee go before setting up his camp for the night?
3. According to Chee, how many arroyos that feed Wepo Wash drain areas where a car might be hidden?
4. When the dead pilot's attorney questions Chee about the shot Chee heard, what kind of gun does Chee think fired the round?
5. What is the name of the younger Navajo woman talking while Chee is waiting to talk to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to what Largo tells Chee, what does the Drug Enforcement Agency think about the location of the drug shipment?
2. How was Thomas West killed?
3. At the end of the story, why is there no longer any reason for Chee to hurry as he disposes of the suitcases?
4. According to Lomatewa, why had Sotuknang destroyed the world?
5. As Chee is being questioned by Johnson about the plane crash, what professional habit does Chee decide to avoid developing?
6. After visiting the crash site and hearing Chee's explanation of events, what conclusion does the woman who emerged from the car draw?
7. Why does the Cessna's pilot fly near Balakai Mesa on his route?
8. Describe Black Mesa.
9. How does Chee respond when Dashee asks Chee directly if Chee found the car?
10. How does Chee respond when the dead pilot's attorney tries to hire him to investigate the plane crash?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)