|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chee, what is a belacani?
(a) A Mexican person.
(b) An English person.
(c) An African American person.
(d) A white person.
2. What color is the missing vehicle?
(b) Dark blue.
(d) Dark green.
3. As the Cessna's pilot is bringing the plane in for landing, what does the pilot suddenly realize?
(a) Law enforcment is just over the mesa.
(b) His landing gear is stuck.
(c) Trust is a mistake.
(d) Drug running is dangerous.
4. Where does Chee tell Largo that he wants to go visit to find out more about Musket?
(a) The Sante Fe state penitentiary.
(b) The Albuquerque jail.
(c) The New Orleans Federal Prison.
(d) The Dallas state penitentiary.
5. When Chee telephones the hotel where Gaines is staying, how long have Ben Gaines and Miss Pauling known each other?
(a) Three days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Five days.
(d) Eight days.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee awakens in the arroyo and the man is nearby, where is Chee's rifle?
2. When the dead pilot's attorney questions Chee about the shot Chee heard, what kind of gun does Chee think fired the round?
3. According to Lomatewa, how many times has Sotuknang destroyed the world?
4. How was the person inside the missing vehicle killed?
5. On the night the Cessna crashes, who is scheduled to meet the plane when it lands?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chee, how does one become a good tracker?
2. While staring at the body Lomatewa finds off the trail, why is Lomatewa thinking about how to handle the body?
3. Why does the Cessna's pilot fly near Balakai Mesa on his route?
4. Describe the plane wreckage when Jim Chee first sees it.
5. What is the first rule of collecting gossip according to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
6. According to what Largo tells Chee, what does the Drug Enforcement Agency think about the location of the drug shipment?
7. What does Albert Lomatewa notice about the boot he sees fifteen yards away from him on the trail?
8. When Largo tells Chee to take a few days off from work, what does Largo caution Chee to do?
9. Why are there only a few exit points from the wash in which Chee finds the missing vehicle?
10. How did Gaines and Miss Pauling meet?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)