|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Chee tell Largo that he wants to go visit to find out more about Musket?
(a) The Dallas state penitentiary.
(b) The Albuquerque jail.
(c) The Sante Fe state penitentiary.
(d) The New Orleans Federal Prison.
2. How does the Cessna's passenger characterize the country that he sees flying under the plane?
3. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, how long does Chee wait before moving from his hiding spot?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Forty minutes.
4. What is the name of the person who runs the Burnt Water Trading Post?
(a) Joseph Musket.
(b) Jim Chee.
(c) Jake West.
(d) James Largo.
5. At the Burnt Water Trading Post, whose picture does Dashee show to West and Chee?
(a) Richard Palanzer.
(b) Richard Pauling.
(c) Richard Gaines.
(d) Richard Dasher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a yataalii?
2. According to the conversation at the Burnt Water Trading Post, when a woman shot a dog with her .22, what did the dog turn into?
3. Who is Albert Lomatewa?
4. How long does Chee explore the crash site looking for answers before he hears a car approaching?
5. What color is the missing vehicle?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Chee asks Largo if he's concerned with the missing fifty minutes that Johnson is concerned about, why does Largo admit he's not concerned with the missing minutes?
2. What does Albert Lomatewa notice about the boot he sees fifteen yards away from him on the trail?
3. What is the first rule of collecting gossip according to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
4. According to Chee, how does one become a good tracker?
5. According to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, why did he fire Joseph Musket?
6. After visiting the crash site and hearing Chee's explanation of events, what conclusion does the woman who emerged from the car draw?
7. How does Chee respond when the dead pilot's attorney tries to hire him to investigate the plane crash?
8. Why does the Cessna's pilot fly near Balakai Mesa on his route?
9. When Chee suddenly awakens in the arroyo, what sound first causes him to wake?
10. As Chee studies the tracks left on the ground in the wash, what does Chee deduce about the hidden car?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)