|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chee's calculations, when had John Doe's body been dumped on the path?
(a) July 4.
(b) July 22.
(c) July 10.
(d) July 14.
2. What light source does Chee use to study the geological survey map after it becomes too dark to search the quadrangle?
(a) His flashlight.
(c) Battery lanterns.
(d) His truck headlights.
3. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, how long does Chee wait before moving from his hiding spot?
(a) Forty minutes.
(b) Two hours.
(c) One hour.
(d) Ten minutes.
4. What is the name of Chee's uncle who taught Chee how to track?
(a) Ben Nakai.
(b) Jimmy Sam Nakai.
(c) Dasher Nakai.
(d) Frank Sam Nakai.
5. How old is Lomatewa?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Jerry Jansen from?
2. According to the conversation at the Burnt Water Trading Post, when a woman shot a dog with her .22, what did the dog turn into?
3. What color is the missing vehicle?
4. With what group did the dead pilot used to fly?
5. After Chee explains what happened in the trailer to Largo, how many days does Largo tell Chee to take off from work?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Gaines and Miss Pauling meet?
2. How does Chee respond when the dead pilot's attorney tries to hire him to investigate the plane crash?
3. What does Johnson assume took place when Chee and Gaines were talking at the plane crash site?
4. What similarity does Chee notice about the man who was at the plane crash site and the man who almost discovered Chee's hiding place during his night in the arroyo?
5. When Chee asks Largo if he's concerned with the missing fifty minutes that Johnson is concerned about, why does Largo admit he's not concerned with the missing minutes?
6. According to Chee, how does one become a good tracker?
7. As Chee studies the tracks left on the ground in the wash, what does Chee deduce about the hidden car?
8. Describe the plane wreckage when Jim Chee first sees it.
9. After Johnson handcuffs Chee in Chee's trailer, what does Johnson insist that Chee keep in mind?
10. According to Lomatewa's plan, when can the three men finally talk about the body they have discovered?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)