|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About how far from the practice landing site does the plane attempt to land the night it crashes?
(a) 80 yards.
(b) 10 yards.
(c) 500 yards.
(d) 200 yards.
2. When Chee awakes in the arroyo, how close is the man to Chee's hiding spot?
(a) Eight yards.
(b) Eight feet.
(c) Three feet.
(d) Three yards.
3. On the night the Cessna crashes, who is scheduled to meet the plane when it lands?
4. According to Lomatewa, how many times has Sotuknang destroyed the world?
5. Where is the Cessna scheduled to land on the night that it ends up crashing?
(a) Tse Chizzi Wash.
(b) Wepo Wash.
(c) Black Spot Mesa.
(d) Balakai Mesa.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose body does Chee find inside the missing vehicle?
2. How far above the ground does the pilot fly his Cessna plane?
3. Who is the guardian spirit of the Fourth World of the Hopis?
4. How many times does Johnson slap Chee in the trailer before Johnson pulls out his gun?
5. According to the police report filed by the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, how many pieces of jewelry were stolen from his store?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first rule of collecting gossip according to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
2. What happened on the day that Chee first met the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
3. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, Chee is nervous about returning to his vehicle. Describe Chee's actions as he goes back to his truck.
4. As Chee studies the tracks left on the ground in the wash, what does Chee deduce about the hidden car?
5. According to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, why did he fire Joseph Musket?
6. When Chee asks Largo if he's concerned with the missing fifty minutes that Johnson is concerned about, why does Largo admit he's not concerned with the missing minutes?
7. After visiting the crash site and hearing Chee's explanation of events, what conclusion does the woman who emerged from the car draw?
8. According to Lomatewa, why had Sotuknang destroyed the world?
9. As Chee is being questioned by Johnson about the plane crash, what professional habit does Chee decide to avoid developing?
10. What does Albert Lomatewa notice about the boot he sees fifteen yards away from him on the trail?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)