|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what hotel is Ben Gaines staying while awaiting word on Chee's investigation?
(a) The Holiday Inn.
(b) The Navajo Tribal Center Hotel.
(c) The Hopi Cultural Center Hotel.
(d) The Days Inn.
2. What does Tavasuh mean?
(a) Poor soul.
(d) Dead body.
3. How much does the dead pilot's attorney offer to pay Chee for investigating the plane crash?
(a) $100 per hour.
(b) $40 per hour.
(c) $20 per hour.
(d) $80 per hour.
4. According to one of Chee's sources, who could be a powaqa?
(a) Only Hopi descendants.
(b) Only Navajo descendants.
(c) Only Fog Clan descendants.
(d) Only Bitter Water descendants.
5. How long does Chee explore the crash site looking for answers before he hears a car approaching?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Three hours.
(c) Forty minutes.
(d) One hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Lomatewa discovers the Navajo body, how long has the blessing of rain been withdrawn from the land?
2. Before Johnson slaps Chee, when was the last time Chee had been slapped by anyone?
3. About how far from the practice landing site does the plane attempt to land the night it crashes?
4. According to Lomatewa, how old does he suspect the dead man he finds on the trail is?
5. When Chee finally finds the missing vehicle, what kind of car is it?
Short Essay Questions
1. As Chee studies the tracks left on the ground in the wash, what does Chee deduce about the hidden car?
2. What does Albert Lomatewa notice about the boot he sees fifteen yards away from him on the trail?
3. While staring at the body Lomatewa finds off the trail, why is Lomatewa thinking about how to handle the body?
4. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, Chee is nervous about returning to his vehicle. Describe Chee's actions as he goes back to his truck.
5. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, what is Chee's first instinct?
6. After Johnson leaves Chee's trailer, Chee tells Captain Largo what happened. According to Chee, what was Johnson's story going to be if Chee filed a complaint against Johnson?
7. How did Gaines and Miss Pauling meet?
8. According to Lomatewa's plan, when can the three men finally talk about the body they have discovered?
9. What happened on the day that Chee first met the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
10. Describe the man who emerges from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers.
This section contains 771 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)