|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Chee leaves Lomatewa and types his report, he goes back to his trailer. Where is Chee planning to go the next day?
(a) Two Gray Hills.
(b) Black Mesa.
(c) Second Mesa.
2. Who is Albert Lomatewa?
(a) The Avenger.
(b) The Seer.
(c) The Rabbi.
(d) The Messenger.
3. What is the name of Johnson's partner who searches Chee's trailer with Johnson?
(a) Ben Gaines.
(b) Larry Collins.
(c) Jake West.
(d) Rodney Marin.
4. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, how long does Chee wait before moving from his hiding spot?
(a) Two hours.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Forty minutes.
5. What is the name of the man who is accompanying Lomatewa on his quest for spruce?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the local gossip, who killed the John Doe that Chee was investigating?
2. About how far from the practice landing site does the plane attempt to land the night it crashes?
3. What is the name of the younger Navajo woman talking while Chee is waiting to talk to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
4. What color is the missing vehicle?
5. What clan is the boy from who originally sees the body at the beginning of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Chee asks Largo if he's concerned with the missing fifty minutes that Johnson is concerned about, why does Largo admit he's not concerned with the missing minutes?
2. Describe the plane wreckage when Jim Chee first sees it.
3. Describe the man who emerges from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers.
4. What is the first rule of collecting gossip according to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
5. While staring at the body Lomatewa finds off the trail, what does he notice about the body's feet?
6. According to Lomatewa, why had Sotuknang destroyed the world?
7. After Johnson leaves Chee's trailer, Chee tells Captain Largo what happened. According to Chee, what was Johnson's story going to be if Chee filed a complaint against Johnson?
8. According to what Largo tells Chee, what does the Drug Enforcement Agency think about the location of the drug shipment?
9. After making the telephone call to the hotel where Gaines was staying, why does Chee head towards the plane crash site?
10. After visiting the crash site and hearing Chee's explanation of events, what conclusion does the woman who emerged from the car draw?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)