|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where was the missing vehicle rented?
(a) Tulsa Regional Airport.
(b) Albuquerque International Airport.
(c) Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport.
(d) Phoenix International Airport.
2. According to Chee, what is a belacani?
(a) An African American person.
(b) An English person.
(c) A Mexican person.
(d) A white person.
3. With what group did the dead pilot used to fly?
(a) Tactical Air Force.
(b) U.S. Air Force.
(c) Israeli Mossad.
(d) British Commanding Squadron.
4. According to the police report filed by the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, how many pieces of jewelry were stolen from his store?
5. About how far from the practice landing site does the plane attempt to land the night it crashes?
(a) 10 yards.
(b) 500 yards.
(c) 80 yards.
(d) 200 yards.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee first meets the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post, how long has the owner been operating the store?
2. What is the name of the person who runs the Burnt Water Trading Post?
3. How far above the ground does the pilot fly his Cessna plane?
4. What kind of car drives to the crash site when Chee is looking for answers?
5. According to Chee, how many arroyos that feed Wepo Wash drain areas where a car might be hidden?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Johnson handcuffs Chee in Chee's trailer, what does Johnson insist that Chee keep in mind?
2. How did Gaines and Miss Pauling meet?
3. After visiting the crash site and hearing Chee's explanation of events, what conclusion does the woman who emerged from the car draw?
4. After making the telephone call to the hotel where Gaines was staying, why does Chee head towards the plane crash site?
5. As Chee studies the tracks left on the ground in the wash, what does Chee deduce about the hidden car?
6. After returning to his office, why does Chee call the trading post at Teec Nos Pos?
7. According to what Miss Pauling overhears on Gaines's phone call, what does the caller insist on when the exchange is to be made and why?
8. When Largo tells Chee to take a few days off from work, what does Largo caution Chee to do?
9. What does Chee see when he goes to the shrine that solves the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized?
10. What does Johnson assume took place when Chee and Gaines were talking at the plane crash site?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)