|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chee's calculations, when had John Doe's body been dumped on the path?
(a) July 14.
(b) July 10.
(c) July 22.
(d) July 4.
2. Where does Johnson find the business card that Gaines had given to Chee when they first met?
(a) In Chee's dresser drawer.
(b) On Chee's kitchen table.
(c) In Chee's billfold.
(d) By Chee's telephone.
3. How much does the dead pilot's attorney offer to pay Chee for investigating the plane crash?
(a) $80 per hour.
(b) $40 per hour.
(c) $20 per hour.
(d) $100 per hour.
4. What is Jerry Jansen's occupation?
5. What is the person searching Chee's trailer looking for?
Short Answer Questions
1. With what group did the dead pilot used to fly?
2. When Chee first hears the plane, where is he?
3. How many grandchildren does Lomatewa have?
4. Where is Jerry Jansen from?
5. On the night the Cessna crashes, who is scheduled to meet the plane when it lands?
Short Essay Questions
1. While staring at the body Lomatewa finds off the trail, what does he notice about the body's feet?
2. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, Chee is nervous about returning to his vehicle. Describe Chee's actions as he goes back to his truck.
3. When questioned by the dead pilot's attorney, how does Chee justify his conclusion as to where the plane had previously landed and taken off?
4. When Chee asks Largo if he's concerned with the missing fifty minutes that Johnson is concerned about, why does Largo admit he's not concerned with the missing minutes?
5. What happened on the day that Chee first met the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
6. How did Gaines and Miss Pauling meet?
7. According to what Largo tells Chee, what does the Drug Enforcement Agency think about the location of the drug shipment?
8. According to Lomatewa's plan, when can the three men finally talk about the body they have discovered?
9. What similarity does Chee notice about the man who was at the plane crash site and the man who almost discovered Chee's hiding place during his night in the arroyo?
10. After visiting the crash site and hearing Chee's explanation of events, what conclusion does the woman who emerged from the car draw?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)