|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the person searching Chee's trailer looking for?
2. According to the conversation at the Burnt Water Trading Post, what did the man seen lurking around suddenly turn into?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A dog.
(c) A ram.
(d) An owl.
3. How many grandchildren does Lomatewa have?
4. As the Cessna's pilot is bringing the plane in for landing, what does the pilot suddenly realize?
(a) Law enforcment is just over the mesa.
(b) Trust is a mistake.
(c) Drug running is dangerous.
(d) His landing gear is stuck.
5. What do the Hopis offer as gifts to the spirits?
Short Answer Questions
1. Before the night the Cessna crashes, how many times had the pilot previously flown this exact route?
2. According to Chee, how many men searched the possible exit arroyos out of the wash for the missing vehicle?
3. According to what Johnson tells Chee, how many days will it be before the people who own the drugs figure out that Chee had them?
4. How many lights are used to mark the plane's "landing" site?
5. What is a powaqa?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Lomatewa's plan, when can the three men finally talk about the body they have discovered?
2. What happened on the day that Chee first met the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
3. How did Gaines and Miss Pauling meet?
4. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, Chee is nervous about returning to his vehicle. Describe Chee's actions as he goes back to his truck.
5. When Chee suddenly awakens in the arroyo, what sound first causes him to wake?
6. What does Johnson assume took place when Chee and Gaines were talking at the plane crash site?
7. While staring at the body Lomatewa finds off the trail, why is Lomatewa thinking about how to handle the body?
8. When Largo tells Chee to take a few days off from work, what does Largo caution Chee to do?
9. After making the telephone call to the hotel where Gaines was staying, why does Chee head towards the plane crash site?
10. After Johnson leaves Chee's trailer, Chee tells Captain Largo what happened. According to Chee, what was Johnson's story going to be if Chee filed a complaint against Johnson?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)