|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Two people emerge from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers. What is the man's name?
(a) Jake West.
(b) T.L. Johnson.
(c) Albert Gorman.
(d) Ben Gaines.
2. When Chee telephones the hotel where Gaines is staying, where is Chee calling from?
(a) Chee's trailer.
(b) A roadside diner.
(c) A Chevron station.
(d) The police station.
3. What is Jerry Jansen's occupation?
4. What kinds of lights are used to guide the pilot to his "landing" site?
(c) Battery lanterns.
5. How much does the dead pilot's attorney offer to pay Chee for investigating the plane crash?
(a) $100 per hour.
(b) $80 per hour.
(c) $40 per hour.
(d) $20 per hour.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Chee awakes in the arroyo, how close is the man to Chee's hiding spot?
2. When Lomatewa discovers the Navajo body, how long has the blessing of rain been withdrawn from the land?
3. Where does Johnson find the business card that Gaines had given to Chee when they first met?
4. What do the Hopis offer as gifts to the spirits?
5. How many grandchildren does Lomatewa have?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Dashee meets Chee on U.S. 160, what does Chee tell Dashee?
2. What similarity does Chee notice about the man who was at the plane crash site and the man who almost discovered Chee's hiding place during his night in the arroyo?
3. According to Mr. Armijo, why did the person Chee goes to the prison to find out about have lots of friends in the prison?
4. When Chee approaches the car as the car sits in the middle of the plaza, what does Chee realize that West wanted all along?
5. According to Chee, how does one become a good tracker?
6. When Chee asks Largo if he's concerned with the missing fifty minutes that Johnson is concerned about, why does Largo admit he's not concerned with the missing minutes?
7. What does Chee find when he approaches the car as the car sits in the middle of the plaza?
8. What does Albert Lomatewa notice about the boot he sees fifteen yards away from him on the trail?
9. Why does Dashee's boss, the sheriff, think Dashee knows where the drugs are hidden?
10. Describe the man who emerges from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers.
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)