|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Chee, how many arroyos that feed Wepo Wash drain areas where a car might be hidden?
2. How many lights are used to mark the plane's "landing" site?
3. Whose body does Chee find inside the missing vehicle?
(a) Jake West.
(b) Larry Collins.
(c) Richard Palanzer.
(d) T.L. Johnson.
4. According to the conversation at the Burnt Water Trading Post, what did the man seen lurking around suddenly turn into?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A dog.
(c) An owl.
(d) A ram.
5. When Chee awakens in the arroyo and the man is nearby, where is Chee's rifle?
(a) Under Chee's pillow.
(b) In Chee's hand.
(c) In the trailer.
(d) In the truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the local gossip, who killed the John Doe that Chee was investigating?
2. Before Johnson slaps Chee, when was the last time Chee had been slapped by anyone?
3. According to Chee, how many men searched the possible exit arroyos out of the wash for the missing vehicle?
4. What is the person searching Chee's trailer looking for?
5. What color is the missing vehicle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the plane wreckage when Jim Chee first sees it.
2. Describe the man who emerges from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers.
3. While staring at the body Lomatewa finds off the trail, why is Lomatewa thinking about how to handle the body?
4. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, what is Chee's first instinct?
5. When Chee asks Largo if he's concerned with the missing fifty minutes that Johnson is concerned about, why does Largo admit he's not concerned with the missing minutes?
6. When Largo tells Chee to take a few days off from work, what does Largo caution Chee to do?
7. What does Albert Lomatewa notice about the boot he sees fifteen yards away from him on the trail?
8. Why does the Cessna's pilot fly near Balakai Mesa on his route?
9. After visiting the crash site and hearing Chee's explanation of events, what conclusion does the woman who emerged from the car draw?
10. According to Lomatewa's plan, when can the three men finally talk about the body they have discovered?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)