|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Johnson, how many sets of tracks are visible at the plane crash site?
2. How does the Cessna's passenger characterize the country that he sees flying under the plane?
3. According to Lomatewa, how many times has Sotuknang destroyed the world?
4. To what clan was Captain Largo born to?
(a) Red Forehead Dinee.
(b) Bitter Water People.
(c) Slow Talking Dinee.
(d) Standing Rock Dinee.
5. While Chee is waiting to talk to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading post, what are the three women in front of the store talking about?
(a) Navajo traditions.
(c) Hopi folklore.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a yataalii?
2. Where is Jerry Jansen from?
3. Just before Chee falls asleep after returning from Lomatewa's, Chee makes a phone call. Who does Chee call?
4. What is the name of Johnson's partner who searches Chee's trailer with Johnson?
5. What is the person searching Chee's trailer looking for?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Lomatewa, why had Sotuknang destroyed the world?
2. While staring at the body Lomatewa finds off the trail, why is Lomatewa thinking about how to handle the body?
3. Why are there only a few exit points from the wash in which Chee finds the missing vehicle?
4. Describe the plane wreckage when Jim Chee first sees it.
5. As Chee is being questioned by Johnson about the plane crash, what professional habit does Chee decide to avoid developing?
6. What happened on the day that Chee first met the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
7. What does Johnson assume took place when Chee and Gaines were talking at the plane crash site?
8. When Chee suddenly awakens in the arroyo, what sound first causes him to wake?
9. How does Chee respond when the dead pilot's attorney tries to hire him to investigate the plane crash?
10. When questioned by the dead pilot's attorney, how does Chee justify his conclusion as to where the plane had previously landed and taken off?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)