|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On the night the Cessna crashes, who is scheduled to meet the plane when it lands?
2. How far above the ground does the pilot fly his Cessna plane?
(a) 300 feet.
(b) 500 feet.
(c) 200 feet.
(d) 100 feet.
3. How is the woman who emerges from the car that drives to the crash site as Chee is looking for answers related to the dead pilot?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His sister.
4. From where was the missing vehicle rented?
(a) Dallas - Fort Worth International Airport.
(b) Albuquerque International Airport.
(c) Tulsa Regional Airport.
(d) Phoenix International Airport.
5. Where is the Cessna scheduled to land on the night that it ends up crashing?
(a) Black Spot Mesa.
(b) Wepo Wash.
(c) Balakai Mesa.
(d) Tse Chizzi Wash.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the younger Navajo woman talking while Chee is waiting to talk to the owner of the Burnt Water Trading Post?
2. As Chee ponders the mystery, who does Chee imagine telling him that there was a reason for the car to be hidden away?
3. What kind of car drives to the crash site when Chee is looking for answers?
4. How many times does Johnson slap Chee in the trailer before Johnson pulls out his gun?
5. On what date does the Niman Kachina take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. After escaping detection from the man investigating Chee's truck in the arroyo, what is Chee's first instinct?
2. As Chee studies the tracks left on the ground in the wash, what does Chee deduce about the hidden car?
3. After Johnson handcuffs Chee in Chee's trailer, what does Johnson insist that Chee keep in mind?
4. After making the telephone call to the hotel where Gaines was staying, why does Chee head towards the plane crash site?
5. When Chee asks Largo if he's concerned with the missing fifty minutes that Johnson is concerned about, why does Largo admit he's not concerned with the missing minutes?
6. According to Lomatewa, why had Sotuknang destroyed the world?
7. While staring at the body Lomatewa finds off the trail, why is Lomatewa thinking about how to handle the body?
8. What does Albert Lomatewa notice about the boot he sees fifteen yards away from him on the trail?
9. How does Chee respond when the dead pilot's attorney tries to hire him to investigate the plane crash?
10. What similarity does Chee notice about the man who was at the plane crash site and the man who almost discovered Chee's hiding place during his night in the arroyo?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)