|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Gaines is on the telephone at the Hopi Cultural Center motel, by what name does Gaines address his caller?
2. What helps Chee focus his concentration efforts?
3. In what year did the prison riot that killed thirty prisoners occur?
4. According to Navajo teachings, who lives in the Dzilidushzhinih Peaks?
(a) The Changing Woman.
(b) The Holy Father.
(c) The Talking God.
(d) The Spirit Leader.
5. According to West's friend, why did the friend not trust Musket?
(a) Musket was a liar.
(b) Musket was shifty.
(c) Musket was too connected.
(d) Musket was too smart.
6. After Chee uncovers the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized, who does Chee go to visit?
(a) Taylor Sawkatewa.
(b) Cowboy Dashee.
(c) Jake West.
(d) Captain Largo.
7. According to the rap sheet Chee is reading at the prison, what was the prisoner's first arrest for?
(c) Grand theft auto.
(d) Drunk and disorderly conduct.
8. How long is the Night Chant ritual?
(a) Eight days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Eight hours.
9. When Chee notices vehicle tracks in the sand that have been dampened by the previous night's rain, where is Chee headed?
(a) Hopi Cultural Center.
(b) Burnt Water Trading Post.
(c) Moenkopi Wash.
(d) Wepo Wash.
10. According to West's friend, how did West feel after his meeting with Johnson?
11. Who does Chee believe witnessed the plane crash?
(a) The singer.
(b) The Changing Woman.
(c) The windmill vandal.
(d) The healer.
12. Where are the FBI agents who have been searching for the missing drugs with Johnson from?
13. When the prisoner Chee is investigating was arrested on a narcotics charge, how many pounds of marijuana did the police confiscate?
(a) 100 pounds.
(b) 500 pounds.
(c) 20 puunds.
(d) 800 pounds.
14. Who does Chee go to the prison to learn about?
(a) T.L. Johnson.
(b) Joseph Musket.
(c) Jerry Jansen.
(d) Laramie Begay.
15. On what day did Jake West claim the body of his son from the prison?
(a) July 4.
(b) July 8.
(c) July 6.
(d) July 12.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the rap sheet Chee is reading at the prison, how old was the prisoner when he was first arrested?
2. According to the person Chee goes to visit, how many suitcases were taken from the plane and put into the waiting car?
3. According to the person Chee goes to visit, how many men set the lanterns the night of the plane crash?
4. According to Captain Largo, what will happen to Chee if Chee becomes involved in Federal affairs?
5. When Dashee tells Chee that the missing vehicle has been found, what does Dashee say that truly surprises Chee?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)