|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Chee give the prison officials for his inquiries?
(a) Chee's working on a burglary.
(b) The prisoner has been killed.
(c) Chee's working on a vandalism case.
(d) Chee's working on a murder.
2. According to Dashee, where is the Hopi ceremonial scheduled to take place?
(c) Wepo Wash.
(d) Burnt Water.
3. According to Mary Joe Natonabah, who is responsible for trespassing on her grazing right?
(a) Laramie Begay.
(b) Martin Begay.
(c) Twotall Begay.
(d) Largewhiskers Begay.
4. On Chee's second phone call, what does Chee suggest the caller do?
(a) Check dental records.
(b) Record the conversation.
(c) Stake out the windmill.
(d) Meet him at the reservation.
5. What helps Chee focus his concentration efforts?
6. After Chee uncovers the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized, who accompanies Chee on his visit to act as an interpreter?
(a) Jake West.
(b) Captain Largo.
(c) Cowboy Dashee.
(d) Taylor Sawkatewa.
7. According to Chee's best guess, how does Johnson find out about what Chee had learned from the old Hopi?
(a) From Largo's report.
(b) From Chee's report.
(c) From Dashee's report.
(d) From Jansen's report.
8. Where is the prison that Chee goes to visit?
(a) Sante Fe.
9. According to the person Chee goes to visit, what are the suitcases made out of?
10. According to West's friend, how did West feel after his meeting with Johnson?
11. When Dashee tells Chee that the missing vehicle has been found, what does Dashee say that truly surprises Chee?
(a) Nothing was in the car.
(b) The drugs were in the car.
(c) The money was in the car.
(d) Jansen's body was in the car.
12. When Gaines is on the telephone at the Hopi Cultural Center motel, by what name does Gaines address his caller?
13. According to what Chee tells the second person he calls, where will Chee be for the day?
(a) Identifying John Doe.
(b) Catching the Burnt Water burglar.
(c) Catching the Windmill 6 vandal.
(d) Finding Joseph Musket.
14. According to West's friend, what was Johnson's purpose in visiting West?
(a) To ask questions.
(b) To gain information.
(c) To set West up.
(d) To exonerate West.
15. When Chee asks Dashee if Dashee has caught the windmill vandals yet, who does Dashee blame the vandalism on?
(a) The Hopis.
(b) The Gishis.
(c) The Wests.
(d) The Campis.
Short Answer Questions
1. When the prisoner Chee is investigating was arrested on a narcotics charge, how many pounds of marijuana did the police confiscate?
2. According to what Dashee tells Chee, about how bulky should the missing drugs be?
3. According to prison officials, who was depositing extra money into the prisoner's canteen account?
4. According to West's friend, why did the friend not trust Musket?
5. When Chee returns to his office, he finds a note that someone wants to see him. Who wants to see Chee?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)