|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What size boots does Chee wear?
2. According to Navajo teachings, who lives in the Dzilidushzhinih Peaks?
(a) The Talking God.
(b) The Spirit Leader.
(c) The Changing Woman.
(d) The Holy Father.
3. Where is the prison that Chee goes to visit?
(c) Sante Fe.
4. What is the name of Joseph Musket's mother?
5. According to the person Chee goes to visit, how big are the suitcases?
(a) 5" x 10".
(b) 12" x 6".
(c) 18" x 30".
(d) 15" x 10".
6. After waking from his night under the stars, Chee goes to a roadside diner for breakfast and to make a telephone call. Who does Chee first call?
(a) Miss Pauling.
(b) Cowboy Dashee.
(c) Jake West.
(d) Captain Largo.
7. How long is the Night Chant ritual?
(a) Eight hours.
(b) Four days.
(c) Eight days.
(d) Four hours.
8. When Chee asks Dashee if Dashee has caught the windmill vandals yet, who does Dashee blame the vandalism on?
(a) The Gishis.
(b) The Campis.
(c) The Wests.
(d) The Hopis.
9. As Chee ponders what he learns from the intercepted phone call, who does Chee begin to believe made the telephone call?
(a) Jake West.
(b) Jerry Jansen.
(c) Cowboy Dashee.
(d) T.L. Johnson.
10. What is the name of West's friend in prison that agrees to talk to Chee?
11. According to what Chee tells the second person he calls, where will Chee be for the day?
(a) Identifying John Doe.
(b) Finding Joseph Musket.
(c) Catching the Windmill 6 vandal.
(d) Catching the Burnt Water burglar.
12. According to the person Chee goes to visit, what are the suitcases made out of?
13. According to his mother, when Joseph Musket returned from prison, who did Joseph hire to be the singer at his Enemy Way?
(a) Tallman Begay.
(b) Jake West.
(c) Chinle West.
(d) Hosteen Begay.
14. According to what Miss Pauling tells Chee, when is the caller expected to try to reach Gaines next?
(a) At 3:00 p.m.
(b) At 4:00 p.m.
(c) At 5:00 p.m.
(d) At 6:00 p.m.
15. What clan does the person Chee goes to visit belong to?
(a) The Water Clan.
(b) The Mud Clan.
(c) The Cloud Clan.
(d) The Fog Clan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the clerk that the stolen necklace is given to?
2. According to prison officials, who was depositing extra money into the prisoner's canteen account?
3. How much younger than Miss Pauling was her brother?
4. After Chee finds the suitcases, about how long does he spend obliterating any signs that he has been there?
5. When Chee leaves a note where the suitcases are buried, what does he put his note in?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)