|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the rap sheet Chee is reading at the prison, what was the prisoner arrested for in El Paso?
(a) Grand theft auto.
(d) Drunk and disorderly conduct.
2. Who does Chee believe witnessed the plane crash?
(a) The windmill vandal.
(b) The Changing Woman.
(c) The healer.
(d) The singer.
3. When Dashee tells Chee that the missing vehicle has been found, what does Dashee say that truly surprises Chee?
(a) Jansen's body was in the car.
(b) The drugs were in the car.
(c) The money was in the car.
(d) Nothing was in the car.
4. According to his mother, how many one hundred dollar bills did Joseph have when he returned from prison
5. What clan does the person Chee goes to visit belong to?
(a) The Cloud Clan.
(b) The Water Clan.
(c) The Mud Clan.
(d) The Fog Clan.
6. When Gaines is on the telephone at the Hopi Cultural Center motel, by what name does Gaines address his caller?
7. According to what Dashee tells Chee, about how bulky should the missing drugs be?
(a) About 2 40-pound sacks of flour.
(b) About 5 40-pound sacks of flour.
(c) About 3 40-pound sacks of flour.
(d) About 4 40-pound sacks of flour.
8. When Chee tries to call Dashee after finding the missing vehicle, where is Dashee headed?
(b) Chuska Range.
(c) Tuba City.
(d) Second Mesa.
9. What helps Chee focus his concentration efforts?
10. According to what he told his mother, how many sheep was Joseph Musket planning on buying at the end of the summer?
11. On what day did Jake West claim the body of his son from the prison?
(a) July 8.
(b) July 12.
(c) July 6.
(d) July 4.
12. What is the name of Joseph Musket's mother?
13. As Chee ponders what he learns from the intercepted phone call, who does Chee begin to believe made the telephone call?
(a) Jake West.
(b) Jerry Jansen.
(c) Cowboy Dashee.
(d) T.L. Johnson.
14. When Chee reaches the crash site, whom does he see by the wreckage?
(a) Cowboy Dashee.
(b) Jerry Jansen.
(c) Larry Collins.
(d) Captain Largo.
15. Where does the arroyo that the missing car is hidden in lead to?
(a) Wepo Wash.
(b) Second Mesa.
(c) Big Mountain Mesa.
(d) Black Mesa.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far is it from Tuba City to the prison Chee goes to visit?
2. According to Navajo teachings, who lives in the Dzilidushzhinih Peaks?
3. After uncovering the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized, who does Chee call?
4. According to Mary Joe Natonabah, who is responsible for trespassing on her grazing right?
5. What reason does Chee give the prison officials for his inquiries?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)