|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Chee learns from the intercepted phone call, when will the exchange of money for cocaine take place?
(a) Saturday night.
(b) Thursday night.
(c) Friday night.
(d) Wednesday night.
2. According to his mother, how many one hundred dollar bills did Joseph have when he returned from prison
3. How far is it from Tuba City to the prison Chee goes to visit?
(a) 400 miles.
(b) 200 miles.
(c) 50 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
4. How much money did the prison typically give its inmates when they were released from prison?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Forty dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Eighty dollars.
5. How many days after the visit will Chee leave a "present" at the windmill for the man he is visiting?
(a) Two days.
(b) Seven days.
(c) One day.
(d) Four days.
6. When Chee reaches the crash site, whom does he see by the wreckage?
(a) Cowboy Dashee.
(b) Jerry Jansen.
(c) Larry Collins.
(d) Captain Largo.
7. On what day was West killed in prison?
(a) July 2.
(b) July 4.
(c) July 6.
(d) July 10.
8. According to the rap sheet Chee is reading at the prison, what was the prisoner arrested for in El Paso?
(c) Grand theft auto.
(d) Drunk and disorderly conduct.
9. When Chee finds the suitcases, how far below the surface are the suitcases buried?
(a) Ten inches.
(b) One foot.
(c) Three foot.
(d) Six inches.
10. According to Navajo teachings, who lives in the Dzilidushzhinih Peaks?
(a) The Changing Woman.
(b) The Holy Father.
(c) The Talking God.
(d) The Spirit Leader.
11. As Chee stands at Windmill 6 and ponders all he knows, how does Chee characterize what he knows to this point?
(d) Coming together.
12. According to what Dashee tells Chee, about how heavy should the missing drugs be?
(a) About 80 pounds.
(b) About 100 pounds.
(c) About 50 pounds.
(d) About 20 pounds.
13. According to prison officials, who was depositing extra money into the prisoner's canteen account?
(a) An accountant.
(b) A narcotics dealer.
(c) An attorney.
(d) A business owner.
14. When Dashee tells Chee that the missing vehicle has been found, what does Dashee say that truly surprises Chee?
(a) The drugs were in the car.
(b) The money was in the car.
(c) Jansen's body was in the car.
(d) Nothing was in the car.
15. Where are the FBI agents who have been searching for the missing drugs with Johnson from?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to West's friend, what was Johnson's purpose in visiting West?
2. When Gaines is on the telephone at the Hopi Cultural Center motel, by what name does Gaines address his caller?
3. Who does Chee believe witnessed the plane crash?
4. According to West's friend, how did West feel after his meeting with Johnson?
5. Where does the arroyo that the missing car is hidden in lead to?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)