|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At roadside diner, whom does Chee call second?
(a) Miss Pauling.
(b) Cowboy Dashee.
(c) Captain Largo.
(d) Jake West.
2. What size boots does Chee wear?
3. What helps Chee focus his concentration efforts?
4. According to what Dashee tells Chee, about how heavy should the missing drugs be?
(a) About 100 pounds.
(b) About 50 pounds.
(c) About 20 pounds.
(d) About 80 pounds.
5. According to Mary Joe Natonabah, who is responsible for trespassing on her grazing right?
(a) Twotall Begay.
(b) Laramie Begay.
(c) Martin Begay.
(d) Largewhiskers Begay.
6. According to the person Chee goes to visit, what are the suitcases made out of?
7. After Chee starts searching for the suitcases at the crash site, about how long does it take for Chee to find the suitcases?
(a) About twenty minutes.
(b) About three hours.
(c) About two hours.
(d) About fifty minutes.
8. What is the name of West's friend in prison that agrees to talk to Chee?
9. According to his mother, when Joseph Musket returned from prison, who did Joseph hire to be the singer at his Enemy Way?
(a) Hosteen Begay.
(b) Tallman Begay.
(c) Chinle West.
(d) Jake West.
10. When Dashee tells Chee that the missing vehicle has been found, what does Dashee say that truly surprises Chee?
(a) The money was in the car.
(b) The drugs were in the car.
(c) Nothing was in the car.
(d) Jansen's body was in the car.
11. Where do the two arroyos that the car was not hidden in lead to?
(a) Big Mountain Mesa.
(b) Black Mesa.
(c) Second Mesa.
(d) Wepo Wash.
12. How long is the Night Chant ritual?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Four days.
(c) Eight hours.
(d) Eight days.
13. As Chee ponders what he learns from the intercepted phone call, who does Chee begin to believe made the telephone call?
(a) Jerry Jansen.
(b) Jake West.
(c) Cowboy Dashee.
(d) T.L. Johnson.
14. According to Dashee, where is the Hopi ceremonial scheduled to take place?
(b) Burnt Water.
(c) Wepo Wash.
15. How much money did the prison typically give its inmates when they were released from prison?
(a) Forty dollars.
(b) One hundred dollars.
(c) Eighty dollars.
(d) Twenty dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. After Chee uncovers the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized, who accompanies Chee on his visit to act as an interpreter?
2. According to Navajo teachings, who lives in the Dzilidushzhinih Peaks?
3. Where does the arroyo that the missing car is hidden in lead to?
4. According to West's friend, what was Johnson's purpose in visiting West?
5. According to what Dashee tells Chee, about how bulky should the missing drugs be?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)