|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to what Chee tells the second person he calls, where will Chee be for the day?
(a) Catching the Burnt Water burglar.
(b) Catching the Windmill 6 vandal.
(c) Identifying John Doe.
(d) Finding Joseph Musket.
2. When T.L. Johnson visited West in prison, what was the listed reason for Johnson's visit?
(a) Informal questioning.
(b) Courtesy call.
(c) Official business.
(d) Serving an arrest warrant.
3. Who does Chee go to the prison to learn about?
(a) T.L. Johnson.
(b) Laramie Begay.
(c) Jerry Jansen.
(d) Joseph Musket.
4. When Chee returns to his office, he finds a note that someone wants to see him. Who wants to see Chee?
(a) Captain Largo.
(b) T.L. Johnson.
(c) Cowboy Dashee.
(d) Miss Pauling.
5. After Chee uncovers the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized, who accompanies Chee on his visit to act as an interpreter?
(a) Captain Largo.
(b) Taylor Sawkatewa.
(c) Jake West.
(d) Cowboy Dashee.
6. According to the person Chee goes to visit, how big are the suitcases?
(a) 12" x 6".
(b) 15" x 10".
(c) 18" x 30".
(d) 5" x 10".
7. When Gaines is on the telephone at the Hopi Cultural Center motel, by what name does Gaines address his caller?
8. How much money did the prison typically give its inmates when they were released from prison?
(a) One hundred dollars.
(b) Eighty dollars.
(c) Twenty dollars.
(d) Forty dollars.
9. According to prison officials, who was depositing extra money into the prisoner's canteen account?
(a) A narcotics dealer.
(b) A business owner.
(c) An accountant.
(d) An attorney.
10. After Chee starts searching for the suitcases at the crash site, about how long does it take for Chee to find the suitcases?
(a) About three hours.
(b) About fifty minutes.
(c) About two hours.
(d) About twenty minutes.
11. According to what Chee learns from the intercepted phone call, when will the exchange of money for cocaine take place?
(a) Saturday night.
(b) Thursday night.
(c) Wednesday night.
(d) Friday night.
12. What is the name of the Custodian of the Fourth World of the Hopis?
13. According to Chee's best guess, how does Johnson find out about what Chee had learned from the old Hopi?
(a) From Chee's report.
(b) From Largo's report.
(c) From Dashee's report.
(d) From Jansen's report.
14. How much younger than Miss Pauling was her brother?
(a) Four years.
(b) Eight years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
15. What is the name of West's friend in prison that agrees to talk to Chee?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to what Chee learns from the intercepted phone call, how much money is set to change hands in exchange for the suitcases of cocaine?
2. To what clan was Joseph Musket's mother born?
3. Where is the prison that Chee goes to visit?
4. According to West's friend, why did the friend not trust Musket?
5. When Chee tries to call Dashee after finding the missing vehicle, where is Dashee headed?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)