|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What size boots does Chee wear?
2. On Chee's second phone call, what does Chee suggest the caller do?
(a) Check dental records.
(b) Record the conversation.
(c) Meet him at the reservation.
(d) Stake out the windmill.
3. To what clan was Joseph Musket's mother born?
(a) The Fog Clan.
(b) The Mud Clan.
(c) The River Clan.
(d) The Water Clan.
4. At roadside diner, whom does Chee call second?
(a) Miss Pauling.
(b) Jake West.
(c) Cowboy Dashee.
(d) Captain Largo.
5. In what year did the prison riot that killed thirty prisoners occur?
6. When Chee notices vehicle tracks in the sand that have been dampened by the previous night's rain, where is Chee headed?
(a) Moenkopi Wash.
(b) Wepo Wash.
(c) Hopi Cultural Center.
(d) Burnt Water Trading Post.
7. According to Captain Largo, what will happen to Chee if Chee becomes involved in Federal affairs?
(a) Chee will be demoted.
(b) Chee will be kidnapped.
(c) Chee will be killed.
(d) Chee will be fired.
8. After uncovering the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized, who does Chee call?
(a) Cowboy Dashee.
(b) Captain Largo.
(c) Taylor Sawkatewa.
(d) Jake West.
9. How long is the Night Chant ritual?
(a) Four days.
(b) Eight days.
(c) Four hours.
(d) Eight hours.
10. According to West's friend, why did the friend not trust Musket?
(a) Musket was too smart.
(b) Musket was too connected.
(c) Musket was a liar.
(d) Musket was shifty.
11. According to his mother, where did Joseph Musket go after the Enemy Way?
(a) Burnt Water.
(b) Second Mesa.
(c) Big Mountain Mesa.
(d) Wepo Wash.
12. According to Chee's best guess, how does Johnson find out about what Chee had learned from the old Hopi?
(a) From Jansen's report.
(b) From Chee's report.
(c) From Dashee's report.
(d) From Largo's report.
13. According to what Chee learns from the intercepted phone call, how much money is set to change hands in exchange for the suitcases of cocaine?
14. According to what Chee tells the second person he calls, where will Chee be for the day?
(a) Catching the Burnt Water burglar.
(b) Catching the Windmill 6 vandal.
(c) Identifying John Doe.
(d) Finding Joseph Musket.
15. When Chee returns to his office, he finds a note that someone wants to see him. Who wants to see Chee?
(a) Cowboy Dashee.
(b) Miss Pauling.
(c) Captain Largo.
(d) T.L. Johnson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Gaines is on the telephone at the Hopi Cultural Center motel, by what name does Gaines address his caller?
2. Where do the two arroyos that the car was not hidden in lead to?
3. When the prisoner Chee is investigating was arrested on a narcotics charge, how many pounds of marijuana did the police confiscate?
4. According to Mary Joe Natonabah, who is responsible for trespassing on her grazing right?
5. According to Dashee, where is the Hopi ceremonial scheduled to take place?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)