|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the prisoner Chee is investigating was involved in an armed robbery, who was the prisoner's accomplice?
(a) Thomas West.
(b) Amos Jansen.
(c) Jake West.
(d) Jerry Jansen.
2. As Chee stands at Windmill 6 and ponders all he knows, how does Chee characterize what he knows to this point?
(a) Coming together.
3. According to West's friend, how did West feel after his meeting with Johnson?
4. When Chee asks Dashee if Dashee has caught the windmill vandals yet, who does Dashee blame the vandalism on?
(a) The Wests.
(b) The Hopis.
(c) The Gishis.
(d) The Campis.
5. When T.L. Johnson visited West in prison, what was the listed reason for Johnson's visit?
(a) Informal questioning.
(b) Serving an arrest warrant.
(c) Courtesy call.
(d) Official business.
6. When Chee notices vehicle tracks in the sand that have been dampened by the previous night's rain, where is Chee headed?
(a) Wepo Wash.
(b) Hopi Cultural Center.
(c) Moenkopi Wash.
(d) Burnt Water Trading Post.
7. After Chee uncovers the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized, who accompanies Chee on his visit to act as an interpreter?
(a) Jake West.
(b) Taylor Sawkatewa.
(c) Captain Largo.
(d) Cowboy Dashee.
8. How far is it from Tuba City to the prison Chee goes to visit?
(a) 50 miles.
(b) 400 miles.
(c) 200 miles.
(d) 100 miles.
9. When Chee reaches the crash site, whom does he see by the wreckage?
(a) Cowboy Dashee.
(b) Larry Collins.
(c) Jerry Jansen.
(d) Captain Largo.
10. According to what Miss Pauling tells Chee, when is the caller expected to try to reach Gaines next?
(a) At 3:00 p.m.
(b) At 4:00 p.m.
(c) At 6:00 p.m.
(d) At 5:00 p.m.
11. Where do the two arroyos that the car was not hidden in lead to?
(a) Second Mesa.
(b) Big Mountain Mesa.
(c) Wepo Wash.
(d) Black Mesa.
12. Who does Chee believe witnessed the plane crash?
(a) The healer.
(b) The windmill vandal.
(c) The singer.
(d) The Changing Woman.
13. According to Chee's best guess, how does Johnson find out about what Chee had learned from the old Hopi?
(a) From Chee's report.
(b) From Dashee's report.
(c) From Jansen's report.
(d) From Largo's report.
14. When Gaines is on the telephone at the Hopi Cultural Center motel, by what name does Gaines address his caller?
15. According to the person Chee goes to visit, what are the suitcases made out of?
Short Answer Questions
1. When the call comes in at the Hopi Cultural Center motel for Gaines, who listens in on the call?
2. When the prisoner Chee is investigating was arrested on a narcotics charge, how many pounds of marijuana did the police confiscate?
3. After uncovering the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized, who does Chee call?
4. What is the name of the clerk that the stolen necklace is given to?
5. According to what Chee learns from the intercepted phone call, how much money is set to change hands in exchange for the suitcases of cocaine?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)