|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Chee uncovers the mystery of why the windmill is being vandalized, who does Chee go to visit?
(a) Cowboy Dashee.
(b) Captain Largo.
(c) Taylor Sawkatewa.
(d) Jake West.
2. When Chee leaves a note where the suitcases are buried, what does he put his note in?
(a) An aspirin bottle.
(b) A suitcase.
(c) A whiskey bottle.
(d) A plastic bag.
3. When Chee notices vehicle tracks in the sand that have been dampened by the previous night's rain, where is Chee headed?
(a) Hopi Cultural Center.
(b) Wepo Wash.
(c) Burnt Water Trading Post.
(d) Moenkopi Wash.
4. On what day did Jake West claim the body of his son from the prison?
(a) July 12.
(b) July 8.
(c) July 4.
(d) July 6.
5. When Dashee tells Chee that the missing vehicle has been found, what does Dashee say that truly surprises Chee?
(a) The drugs were in the car.
(b) The money was in the car.
(c) Jansen's body was in the car.
(d) Nothing was in the car.
6. At roadside diner, whom does Chee call second?
(a) Miss Pauling.
(b) Cowboy Dashee.
(c) Captain Largo.
(d) Jake West.
7. According to the rap sheet Chee is reading at the prison, what was the prisoner arrested for in El Paso?
(a) Drunk and disorderly conduct.
(b) Grand theft auto.
8. According to what Chee tells the second person he calls, where will Chee be for the day?
(a) Catching the Burnt Water burglar.
(b) Finding Joseph Musket.
(c) Identifying John Doe.
(d) Catching the Windmill 6 vandal.
9. According to the person Chee goes to visit, what are the suitcases made out of?
10. According to the person Chee goes to visit, how many men set the lanterns the night of the plane crash?
11. According to the rap sheet Chee is reading at the prison, how old was the prisoner when he was first arrested?
12. What is the name of West's friend in prison that agrees to talk to Chee?
13. According to what Miss Pauling tells Chee, when is the caller expected to try to reach Gaines next?
(a) At 4:00 p.m.
(b) At 3:00 p.m.
(c) At 5:00 p.m.
(d) At 6:00 p.m.
14. When the call comes in at the Hopi Cultural Center motel for Gaines, who listens in on the call?
(a) T.L. Johnson.
(b) Jim Chee.
(c) Cowboy Dashee.
(d) Miss Pauling.
15. After Chee starts searching for the suitcases at the crash site, about how long does it take for Chee to find the suitcases?
(a) About fifty minutes.
(b) About two hours.
(c) About twenty minutes.
(d) About three hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to his mother, how many one hundred dollar bills did Joseph have when he returned from prison
2. What reason does Chee give the prison officials for his inquiries?
3. According to West's friend, what was Johnson's purpose in visiting West?
4. According to Captain Largo, what will happen to Chee if Chee becomes involved in Federal affairs?
5. What is the name of the Custodian of the Fourth World of the Hopis?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)