Sections 1 - 4
• Three Hopis are crossing the Wepo Wash on their way to celebrate the Niman Kachina rain ceremony.
• On their way, the men discover the skinned body of a young Navajo man with a bullet hole above his right eye.
• The pilot of a Cessna has picked up a man he does not know and two suitcases at a landing strip in Chihuahua. Jansen will meet the plane in Wepo Wash.
• The pilot sees the signal to land and the line of low voltage lights, which show him where to set down. Too late, the pilot realizes his mistake.
• Jim Chee is staking out Windmill Number 6 because it is being vandalized on a regular basis, and he is assigned the task of catching the perpetrators.
• Chee's other cases include Priscilla Bisti, an unsolved burglary at the Burnt Water Trading Post, and the identity of the decomposed corpse...
This section contains 3,572 words
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)