|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character gives up their own bed for the children to sleep on?
2. Why does Leisel punch Lore?
3. How does Oma feel about Mutti and Vati's Nazi involvement?
4. Where does Tomas go when the children leave to Oma?
5. Whose grave does Micha visit?
Essay Topic 1
Describe in detail and follow the progression of Lore's feelings for Tomas. How does she feel about him when she first sees him? How does she feel about Tomas when Juri asks about him on the ferry?
Essay Topic 2
Summarize Tomas character and discuss the significance of his role in the novel. Why does Seiffert write him as a thief who steals from a dead Jew? What does this signify about the war, post-war, to Lore?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the significance of the posted pictures of the Holocaust. Why are they posted? How do the Germans receive them? What issues come up concerning the pictures?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)