|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lore do to Tomas' belongings before she buries them?
2. Where does Micha stay on his last visit to Opa's old World War II station?
3. What influences Tomas' decision to get on the train?
4. How does Oma feel about Mutti and Vati's Nazi involvement?
5. What is Oma's demeanor like?
Essay Topic 1
Seiffert rarely specifies time and she never specifies certain ages. Discuss why Seiffert would want to keep places and timing general. How does this help the reader understand these stories are representative of many people and not just one person's story?
Essay Topic 2
The novel touches upon lots of judgments and racism. Compare and contrast generational differences to these issues. How do the Omas feel? How do children of the veterans feel? Grandchildren?
Essay Topic 3
Micha ends his story with a visit to Oma's with Dilan. Why is it significant, not just in Micha's story, but also for the entire novel, that there is a relationship between Oma and the great-grandchild? What does this represent in regards to love and the consequences of war?
This section contains 1,065 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)