Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lore do to Tomas' belongings before she buries them?
2. Where does Micha stay on his last visit to Opa's old World War II station?
3. What influences Tomas' decision to get on the train?
4. How does Oma feel about Mutti and Vati's Nazi involvement?
5. What is Oma's demeanor like?
Seiffert writes over many generations in the novel. World War II ended in 1945 yet Micha is affected in the late 1990s when he learns about his Opa. Write about how history affects the present. This paper may take one of two paths, politically or personally. Choose only one avenue.
The novel touches upon lots of judgments and racism. Compare and contrast generational differences to these issues. How do the Omas feel? How do children of the veterans feel? Grandchildren?
Micha ends his story with a visit to Oma's with Dilan. Why is it significant, not just in Micha's story, but also for the entire novel, that there is a relationship between Oma and the great-grandchild? What does this represent in regards to love and the consequences of war?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)