|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lore notice when the children take a picture together?
2. Where do Lore and her siblings sleep regularly when they reach their destination?
3. How does Oma feel about Mutti and Vati's Nazi involvement?
4. What is Micha's relationship like with his Oma as he learns more about his Opa?
5. What is it about Micha's school that angers him?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the significance of the posted pictures of the Holocaust. Why are they posted? How do the Germans receive them? What issues come up concerning the pictures?
Essay Topic 2
The novel touches upon lots of judgments and racism. Compare and contrast generational differences to these issues. How do the Omas feel? How do children of the veterans feel? Grandchildren?
Essay Topic 3
Micha ends his story with a visit to Oma's with Dilan. Why is it significant, not just in Micha's story, but also for the entire novel, that there is a relationship between Oma and the great-grandchild? What does this represent in regards to love and the consequences of war?
This section contains 1,128 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)