|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it about Micha's school that angers him?
2. What does Lore do to Tomas' belongings before she buries them?
3. How does Lore discover the truth behind the pictures circling around Germany?
4. What is Oma's demeanor like?
5. What does Micha do in order to distract himself from Opa's past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many characters in the novel are shown doing both good and bad deeds. Write about what makes a person good or bad. What goes into the title of good or bad?
Essay Topic 2
Elena notes that for her love of a murderer her punishment is having no children. Detail why Elena might feel she should be punished for her husband's action. How is love and punishment related?
Essay Topic 3
Describe in detail and follow the progression of Lore's feelings for Tomas. How does she feel about him when she first sees him? How does she feel about Tomas when Juri asks about him on the ferry?
This section contains 1,094 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)