Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lore do to Tomas' belongings before she buries them?
2. Where does Micha stay on his last visit to Opa's old World War II station?
3. What influences Tomas' decision to get on the train?
4. How does Oma feel about Mutti and Vati's Nazi involvement?
5. What is Oma's demeanor like?
Essay Topic 1
Summarize Tomas character and discuss the significance of his role in the novel. Why does Seiffert write him as a thief who steals from a dead Jew? What does this signify about the war, post-war, to Lore?
Essay Topic 2
Helmut speaks of loyalty and pride in regards to the Third Reich. However, Helmut is human and more complex than having a simple faith. How does Helmut show indications that his loyalty are also feelings that are self-serving and not for the people of Germany?
Essay Topic 3
Describe post-war Germany's political state and how this affects every day civilian life. How do the zones make a difference? The rations and occupation of soldiers from enemy states?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)