Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lore do to Tomas' belongings before she buries them?
2. Where does Micha stay on his last visit to Opa's old World War II station?
3. What influences Tomas' decision to get on the train?
4. How does Oma feel about Mutti and Vati's Nazi involvement?
5. What is Oma's demeanor like?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Mutti's observation in Helmut's individual photo. Why does she see pain in the individual photo but not the family photo? Is there really pain or something Mutti thinks up?
Essay Topic 2
Seiffert writes over many generations in the novel. World War II ended in 1945 yet Micha is affected in the late 1990s when he learns about his Opa. Write about how history affects the present. This paper may take one of two paths, politically or personally. Choose only one avenue.
Essay Topic 3
Micha knows very little about Opa before his research about his war's past. Micha was not even old enough to attend Opa's funeral. Yet, Micha feels shame about Opa's actions and is too embarrassed to admit his family past when he visits Belarus. Why does Micha feel shame for someone he knows very little about? What is blood relations and family history so important to Micha?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)