|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition is Oma's house in?
(a) Mostly bombed out with parts of the first floor remaining.
(b) The house is literally gone and burnt down.
(c) Mostly intact with some bricks missing.
(d) The backyard is gone but most of the house remains.
2. What surprise does Micha learn about Opa?
(a) Opa is part Jewish.
(b) Opa and Oma were never legally married.
(c) Opa is not his Mutti's real father.
(d) Opa was a member of the Waffen-SS in World War II.
3. What does Elena show Micha?
(a) Jozef's old photos.
(b) Photos of his Opa during the war.
(c) The grave of her brother, who was also an SS man.
(d) The site of the Jewish killings.
4. How does Micha feel about himself?
(a) He is lost in his search.
(b) He feels brave for his search.
(c) He is a coward.
(d) He is lucky to know Opa as a grandfather first.
5. What does Lore overhear on the train?
(a) Tomas is a fugitive.
(b) Vati and Mutti are in prison.
(c) The pictures posted all around are fakes.
(d) The Nazi trials are underway.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Tomas' feelings after Jochen dies?
2. Who is at the center of Micha's mental family tree?
3. How does Jozef describe the reactions of the SS men after a shooting?
4. How does Micha identify historical sites related to the Nazis?
5. What secret do the children keep from Oma and Wiebke?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)