|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks with Micha at the train station before he leaves again to search the truth about his Opa?
2. Whose grave does Micha visit?
3. What is Kolesnik's role during the war?
(b) He assigned numbers and letters to the Jews.
(c) He burned the piles of bodies.
(d) Waffen-SS man.
4. Why does Lore stop seeing Tomas?
(a) Lore discovers his secret and is appalled.
(b) His angry response to her.
(c) Oma is suspicious of her whereabouts.
(d) Wiebke tells her it is shameful.
5. How does Jozef describe the reactions of the SS men after a shooting?
(a) It involves a lot of drinking.
(b) Most walk away back into their barracks.
(c) They smoke and laugh.
(d) There are trivial conversations to avoid the silence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bothers Micha about Mina's background?
2. Why is Elena angry with Micha?
3. How does Oma feel about Mutti and Vati's Nazi involvement?
4. What is Micha's relationship like with his Oma as he learns more about his Opa?
5. Who calls Micha to speak with him about the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Micha visits Minsk specifically to learn about his Opa. However, Micha runs into trouble learning about his grandfather's past. What obstacles stand in Micha's way?
2. Jochen dies from Russian soldiers shooting at him. What is the significance of his death? Why does Seiffert add this to Lore's story?
3. Lore learns to question the truth and learn more from strangers. What reality does Lore have about her parents?
4. At first, Micha goes to the Kolesniks for his knowledge but over time, Elena is the one to request Micha's visit. What is the basis behind Micha's relationship with the Kolesniks?
5. What is Micha's search for the truth doing to the family?
6. Lore uses the tram with people reading the paper and has a ferry crossing as a birthday gift. What might these and other scenes in Section 7 predict about the future?
7. The children take a family picture to send to Mutti. What is Lore's reflection about the changes in her and her siblings?
8. Lore is hesitant about Tomas when they first meet. What are Lore's feelings as time progresses?
9. Describe Micha's family dynamics.
10. Micha is insistent in his search for the truth to the point that it breaks up his family and angers his girlfriend. Explain Micha's drive to discover the truth about his Opa.
This section contains 1,311 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)