|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Micha's relationship like with his Oma as he learns more about his Opa?
(a) He pities her.
(b) He feels closer to her.
(c) He refuses to speak with her.
(d) He is angry she never told him the truth.
2. What confuses Lore when they are close to Oma's?
(a) She cannot recognize the city with so many bombed areas.
(b) No one seems to recognize Oma's name.
(c) Oma is said to not live there anymore.
(d) Tomas tells Lore that Oma may be in prison too.
3. What is Micha afraid to tell the person he is staying with?
(a) That he is in search of Opa's true background.
(b) That he is part Jewish.
(c) That he is a schoolteacher.
(d) That he is looking for his Opa.
4. What are Tomas' feelings after Jochen dies?
(a) He wishes he never met the family.
(b) He wants to seek revenge.
(c) He feels he could have prevented it.
(d) He wants to separate from the family.
5. What does Lore do to Tomas' belongings before she buries them?
(a) Cuts off a piece for her to keep.
(b) Washes them.
(c) Smells them.
(d) Burns them to ashes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sign of trouble does Tomas see when Lore and her siblings attempt to get on the train?
2. Why does Lore stop seeing Tomas?
3. What does Lore notice when the children take a picture together?
4. Where do the kids stay when they reach Oma's city?
5. Why does Andrej get angry with Micha?
Short Essay Questions
1. Jochen dies from Russian soldiers shooting at him. What is the significance of his death? Why does Seiffert add this to Lore's story?
2. The children take a family picture to send to Mutti. What is Lore's reflection about the changes in her and her siblings?
3. Only Micha seems adamant on searching the truth about Opa. What is Mutti and Vati's point of view in regards to Opa?
4. Lore and the children keep Tomas a secret from Oma and Wiebke. Why is it not safe to tell them about Tomas?
5. Oma explains to Lore that Vati and Mutti are good people despite their involvement. Explain Oma's situation and where she stands regarding Mutti and Vati.
6. Describe Mutti's reaction to Jochen. Why does she react this way?
7. Many Holocaust images are posted to spread the truth of what occurred during the war. What are the people's views in regards to the photos?
8. Micha is insistent in his search for the truth to the point that it breaks up his family and angers his girlfriend. Explain Micha's drive to discover the truth about his Opa.
9. Describe the pictures of Micha and his Opa. Why are these pictures special to Micha?
10. Lore uses the tram with people reading the paper and has a ferry crossing as a birthday gift. What might these and other scenes in Section 7 predict about the future?
This section contains 1,341 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)