|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bothers Micha about Mina's background?
(a) Mina does not care about the German culture.
(b) Mina is part Jewish.
(c) Micha believes she considers herself Turkish first.
(d) Mina does not consider herself German.
2. What is it about Micha's school that angers him?
(a) That his school does not teach about the labor camps.
(b) He sees hints of racism in the school curriculum.
(c) The way the children learn about the occupations.
(d) They cover the Nazi regime as only a small part of history.
3. How does Micha confuse Oma?
(a) Micha confronts her about her history.
(b) Micha visits on a non-regular day.
(c) Micha takes her to a new place to talk.
(d) Micha talks to her about Opa as if he is a stranger.
4. Who speaks with Micha at the train station before he leaves again to search the truth about his Opa?
5. How does Mina feel about Micha's determination?
(a) Mina does not mind as long as the family remains together.
(b) Angry that he is not focusing on the present.
(c) Supportive of his passion.
(d) She is hesistant about what he may find.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Tomas go when the children leave to Oma?
2. Micha and Jozef's first conversation can be described as ____________.
3. What does Micha bring back for Elena?
4. What is Kolesnik's role during the war?
5. How does Jochen die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mutti's reaction to Jochen. Why does she react this way?
2. Lore learns to question the truth and learn more from strangers. What reality does Lore have about her parents?
3. Describe the pictures of Micha and his Opa. Why are these pictures special to Micha?
4. Jozef and Elena recount their experiences of the German occupation. Summarize what it is like in Belarus during WWII.
5. Many Holocaust images are posted to spread the truth of what occurred during the war. What are the people's views in regards to the photos?
6. Tomas travels with the family for a long time, but once they reach the border, he wants to leave them. Why would Tomas want to leave at this point?
7. Describe Micha's family dynamics.
8. The children take a family picture to send to Mutti. What is Lore's reflection about the changes in her and her siblings?
9. At first, Micha goes to the Kolesniks for his knowledge but over time, Elena is the one to request Micha's visit. What is the basis behind Micha's relationship with the Kolesniks?
10. Lore uses the tram with people reading the paper and has a ferry crossing as a birthday gift. What might these and other scenes in Section 7 predict about the future?
This section contains 1,352 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)