|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lore do to Tomas' belongings before she buries them?
(a) Burns them to ashes.
(b) Cuts off a piece for her to keep.
(c) Washes them.
(d) Smells them.
2. What is the scene like on the train when Juri and Leisel first enter?
(b) Eerily calm.
(d) Confusion over how the children will get on the train.
3. What are the conversations like between Micha and Luise?
(a) They are forced because of Mina.
(b) They are on the same page about Opa.
(c) Their conversations turn into arguments about their family's reaction to Opa.
(d) They often talk about Micha's new baby to avoid confrontation.
4. Who speaks with Micha at the train station before he leaves again to search the truth about his Opa?
5. Where do Lore and her siblings sleep regularly when they reach their destination?
(a) In Wiebke's old room.
(b) In Oma's one room house.
(c) At the Meyers' house.
(d) In the cellar.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose grave does Micha visit?
2. What does Kolesnik confess to Micha?
3. Where does Tomas go when the children leave to Oma?
4. Who does Micha stay with during his time away?
5. What is the family's response to Micha's search?
Short Essay Questions
1. Many Holocaust images are posted to spread the truth of what occurred during the war. What are the people's views in regards to the photos?
2. Only Micha seems adamant on searching the truth about Opa. What is Mutti and Vati's point of view in regards to Opa?
3. At first, Micha goes to the Kolesniks for his knowledge but over time, Elena is the one to request Micha's visit. What is the basis behind Micha's relationship with the Kolesniks?
4. Jozef and Elena recount their experiences of the German occupation. Summarize what it is like in Belarus during WWII.
5. Micha visits Minsk specifically to learn about his Opa. However, Micha runs into trouble learning about his grandfather's past. What obstacles stand in Micha's way?
6. What is Micha's search for the truth doing to the family?
7. Lore is hesitant about Tomas when they first meet. What are Lore's feelings as time progresses?
8. Jozef explains to Micha how the soldiers are able to kill the Jews without self-blame. How is this done?
9. Oma explains to Lore that Vati and Mutti are good people despite their involvement. Explain Oma's situation and where she stands regarding Mutti and Vati.
10. Lore and the children keep Tomas a secret from Oma and Wiebke. Why is it not safe to tell them about Tomas?
This section contains 1,358 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)