|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who else wants to know the truth if Micha finds it?
2. Micha and Jozef's first conversation can be described as ____________.
3. What does Lore notice when the children take a picture together?
(a) They have darkened under the sun during their trip.
(b) They look like thin and scraggly strangers.
(c) They look healthier than they feel.
(d) No one is smiling.
4. What does Elena believe is her punishment for her husband's crimes?
(a) Her children's early death.
(b) Racism aimed at her.
(c) The inability to have children.
(d) A lifetime of being ostracized.
5. What news does Mutti give about Vati in Section 6?
(a) He is out of contact.
(b) He is in a Russian prison.
(c) He is dead.
(d) He is safe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Micha to speak with him about the war?
2. What is Kolesnik's reply when Micha asks if he is sad?
3. What is the family's response to Micha's search?
4. What do the children learn about Mutti?
5. What does Mina try to remind Micha about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Lore is hesitant about Tomas when they first meet. What are Lore's feelings as time progresses?
2. The children take a family picture to send to Mutti. What is Lore's reflection about the changes in her and her siblings?
3. Only Micha seems adamant on searching the truth about Opa. What is Mutti and Vati's point of view in regards to Opa?
4. Many Holocaust images are posted to spread the truth of what occurred during the war. What are the people's views in regards to the photos?
5. Oma explains to Lore that Vati and Mutti are good people despite their involvement. Explain Oma's situation and where she stands regarding Mutti and Vati.
6. Elena brings Micha to the place where her husband and his Opa killed the Jews. Describe Elena's reaction to the site of the killing fields. How does this reaction show who she is as a person?
7. Tomas travels with the family for a long time, but once they reach the border, he wants to leave them. Why would Tomas want to leave at this point?
8. Describe Micha's family dynamics.
9. Jozef and Elena recount their experiences of the German occupation. Summarize what it is like in Belarus during WWII.
10. Describe Micha's feelings for his Opa as time goes on as he continues his search for the truth.
This section contains 1,343 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)