|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What condition is Oma's house in?
(a) Mostly intact with some bricks missing.
(b) Mostly bombed out with parts of the first floor remaining.
(c) The house is literally gone and burnt down.
(d) The backyard is gone but most of the house remains.
2. What is it about Micha's school that angers him?
(a) He sees hints of racism in the school curriculum.
(b) The way the children learn about the occupations.
(c) They cover the Nazi regime as only a small part of history.
(d) That his school does not teach about the labor camps.
3. What bothers Micha about Mina's background?
(a) Mina does not consider herself German.
(b) Mina does not care about the German culture.
(c) Mina is part Jewish.
(d) Micha believes she considers herself Turkish first.
4. What does Vati wish for concerning his family's connection to World War II?
(a) That the truth be told throughout history so all can learn from it.
(b) That the pain stops with his generation.
(c) That Micha learns the truth and reveal it to Mutti.
(d) For all to deny the family's involvement in World War II.
5. How does Mina feel about Micha's determination?
(a) Supportive of his passion.
(b) Angry that he is not focusing on the present.
(c) She is hesistant about what he may find.
(d) Mina does not mind as long as the family remains together.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is at the center of Micha's mental family tree?
2. What does Elena believe is her punishment for her husband's crimes?
3. Who speaks with Micha at the train station before he leaves again to search the truth about his Opa?
4. What does Micha do in order to distract himself from Opa's past?
5. Where does Tomas go when the children leave to Oma?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)