|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Lore reunite with Oma?
(a) Oma recognizes Juri first.
(b) The Meyers see Lore searching and ask if she needs help.
(c) Wiebke recognizes Lore.
(d) Tomas finds Oma and brings Lore back.
2. What does Micha do in order to distract himself from Opa's past?
(a) Concentrate on the future with his parents.
(b) Play with his daughter and Mina.
(c) Talk with Luise.
(d) Focus on his work as a schoolteacher.
3. Why is Elena angry with Micha?
(a) Elena is upset Micha does not speak with Jozef.
(b) Micha says he is not their friend and does not know why he is there.
(c) She wants him to stay longer.
(d) Micha does not understand her when she takes him to an important site.
4. Who speaks with Micha at the train station before he leaves again to search the truth about his Opa?
5. How does Micha feel about himself?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) He is lost in his search.
(c) He feels brave for his search.
(d) He is lucky to know Opa as a grandfather first.
6. What does Lore do to Tomas' belongings before she buries them?
(a) Washes them.
(b) Burns them to ashes.
(c) Smells them.
(d) Cuts off a piece for her to keep.
7. Who else wants to know the truth if Micha finds it?
8. What secret do the children keep from Oma and Wiebke?
(a) They stole, lied, and cheated on their way to Oma's.
(b) Lore plans to leave with Tomas.
(c) They sent an extra letter to Mutti.
(d) Tomas, their secret brother.
9. What does Elena show Micha?
(a) The site of the Jewish killings.
(b) Jozef's old photos.
(c) Photos of his Opa during the war.
(d) The grave of her brother, who was also an SS man.
10. Where does Micha go to search the truth about his Opa?
11. Who calls Micha to speak with him about the war?
(d) The woman's grandfather from the museum.
12. Where does Tomas go when the children leave to Oma?
(a) Stays in a Red Cross refugee shelter.
(b) Stays in a church.
(c) Sleeps at an unused train station.
(d) Lives in an abandoned house.
13. Who comforts Lore as she cries in bed?
14. What secret is Tomas holding from Lore?
(a) He stole the papers from a dead Jew.
(b) Tomas plans to leave without saying goodbye.
(c) Tomas killed a man for the papers.
(d) Tomas knows where Vati is.
15. What is Oma's demeanor like?
(c) Constant showers of hugs and kisses.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character gives up their own bed for the children to sleep on?
2. Where do Lore and her siblings presume Vati to be?
3. What does Elena believe is her punishment for her husband's crimes?
4. What is Micha's relationship like with his Oma as he learns more about his Opa?
5. What are the conversations like between Micha and Luise?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)