Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lore do to Tomas' belongings before she buries them?
(a) Smells them.
(b) Washes them.
(c) Burns them to ashes.
(d) Cuts off a piece for her to keep.
2. Where does Micha stay on his last visit to Opa's old World War II station?
(a) Jozef's home.
(b) His Oma's old house.
(d) In a hotel.
3. What influences Tomas' decision to get on the train?
(a) A soldier coming towards them.
(b) Juri's cries.
(c) The look in Lore's eyes.
(d) Leisel's tears.
4. How does Oma feel about Mutti and Vati's Nazi involvement?
(a) She believes they are rightfully punished but still loves them.
(b) She believes they are in the right.
(c) She believes they are still good people.
(d) She condemns them because of it and disowns them.
5. What is Oma's demeanor like?
(c) Constant showers of hugs and kisses.
6. Micha and Jozef's first conversation can be described as ____________.
7. Which character gives up their own bed for the children to sleep on?
(a) The neighbor next door.
8. Where does Tomas go when the children leave to Oma?
(a) Sleeps at an unused train station.
(b) Stays in a Red Cross refugee shelter.
(c) Lives in an abandoned house.
(d) Stays in a church.
9. What feelings does Micha have for Jozef?
(b) Respect for his ability to tell the truth.
(c) Anger for his past.
(d) Sadness for what he went through.
10. Whose grave does Micha visit?
11. How does Micha confuse Oma?
(a) Micha visits on a non-regular day.
(b) Micha takes her to a new place to talk.
(c) Micha confronts her about her history.
(d) Micha talks to her about Opa as if he is a stranger.
12. What do the children learn about Mutti?
(a) Mutti wil be released soon.
(b) She is starving at the camp.
(c) Mutti is in a hard labor camp.
(d) She remains healthy at the camp.
13. What does Mina try to remind Micha about?
(a) That Opa killed Jews in the war.
(b) That Opa is still the same grandfather.
(c) That his Oma still loves him.
(d) That his family is not responsible for Opa's actions.
14. Who is at the center of Micha's mental family tree?
(a) His Opa.
(b) His Vati.
(c) His Mutti.
(d) His Oma.
15. What are the SS men doing in the photos displayed in the museum Micha visits?
(a) Smoking and laughing in front of dead bodies.
(b) Shoveling piles of ashes.
(c) They are in battle on the war front.
(d) Laughing and playing with their children like his Opa.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the family's response to Micha's search?
2. What does Vati wish for concerning his family's connection to World War II?
3. Where do Lore and her siblings presume Vati to be?
4. Why is Elena angry with Micha?
5. How does Jochen die?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)