|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mutti's response to Jochen missing from the picture?
(b) Mutti is sad but does not cry.
(c) Mutti acknowledges it as fact but nothing more.
(d) Mutti sheds tears on her response letter.
2. What do the children learn about Mutti?
(a) She remains healthy at the camp.
(b) Mutti wil be released soon.
(c) Mutti is in a hard labor camp.
(d) She is starving at the camp.
3. Which character gives up their own bed for the children to sleep on?
(a) The neighbor next door.
4. Who calls Micha to speak with him about the war?
(c) The woman's grandfather from the museum.
5. What does Micha bring back for Elena?
(a) Photos of Elena and Jozef.
(b) Photos of Mina and Dilan.
(c) Photos of his daughter.
(d) Photos of his Oma and Opa.
6. How does Lore discover the truth behind the pictures circling around Germany?
(a) Oma tells her the truth.
(b) Lore asks Tomas about them.
(c) From two women on the tram.
(d) She reads off a man's newspaper on the tram.
7. Who comforts Lore as she cries in bed?
8. How does Micha confuse Oma?
(a) Micha talks to her about Opa as if he is a stranger.
(b) Micha confronts her about her history.
(c) Micha takes her to a new place to talk.
(d) Micha visits on a non-regular day.
9. What are the SS men doing in the photos displayed in the museum Micha visits?
(a) Laughing and playing with their children like his Opa.
(b) They are in battle on the war front.
(c) Smoking and laughing in front of dead bodies.
(d) Shoveling piles of ashes.
10. Where do Lore and her siblings sleep regularly when they reach their destination?
(a) In Wiebke's old room.
(b) In Oma's one room house.
(c) At the Meyers' house.
(d) In the cellar.
11. What is Tomas' reaction when Lore questions him about fathers in prison?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) He shuts down and does not say anything.
(c) He is sympathetic.
(d) He denies knowing anything.
12. Where do Lore and her siblings presume Vati to be?
(a) In prison.
(b) Hiding in a rural area.
(c) In another country.
(d) With Mutti in a camp.
13. What confuses Lore when they are close to Oma's?
(a) Tomas tells Lore that Oma may be in prison too.
(b) No one seems to recognize Oma's name.
(c) She cannot recognize the city with so many bombed areas.
(d) Oma is said to not live there anymore.
14. How does Micha identify historical sites related to the Nazis?
(a) He hires a personal tour guide.
(b) There are signs all over the city.
(c) The red dots on his map.
(d) He asks a mechanic standing nearby.
15. How does Jozef describe the reactions of the SS men after a shooting?
(a) There are trivial conversations to avoid the silence.
(b) They smoke and laugh.
(c) It involves a lot of drinking.
(d) Most walk away back into their barracks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What condition is Oma's house in?
2. Who speaks with Micha at the train station before he leaves again to search the truth about his Opa?
3. Micha and Jozef's first conversation can be described as ____________.
4. What bothers Micha about Mina's background?
5. What are Tomas' feelings after Jochen dies?
This section contains 602 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)