|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who speaks with Micha at the train station before he leaves again to search the truth about his Opa?
2. How does Micha feel about himself?
(a) He is a coward.
(b) He is lost in his search.
(c) He is lucky to know Opa as a grandfather first.
(d) He feels brave for his search.
3. What is Kolesnik's role during the war?
(a) He burned the piles of bodies.
(b) Waffen-SS man.
(c) He assigned numbers and letters to the Jews.
4. What does Vati wish for concerning his family's connection to World War II?
(a) That Micha learns the truth and reveal it to Mutti.
(b) For all to deny the family's involvement in World War II.
(c) That the truth be told throughout history so all can learn from it.
(d) That the pain stops with his generation.
5. What is Oma's demeanor like?
(d) Constant showers of hugs and kisses.
6. What surprise does Micha learn about Opa?
(a) Opa is not his Mutti's real father.
(b) Opa is part Jewish.
(c) Opa and Oma were never legally married.
(d) Opa was a member of the Waffen-SS in World War II.
7. How does Lore discover the truth behind the pictures circling around Germany?
(a) From two women on the tram.
(b) Lore asks Tomas about them.
(c) Oma tells her the truth.
(d) She reads off a man's newspaper on the tram.
8. Who calls Micha to speak with him about the war?
(b) The woman's grandfather from the museum.
9. Who does Micha cry for when he cries about Opa's past?
(a) The innocent people Opa killed.
(d) His family.
10. What feelings does Micha have for Jozef?
(b) Anger for his past.
(c) Respect for his ability to tell the truth.
(d) Sadness for what he went through.
11. What does Lore overhear on the train?
(a) Vati and Mutti are in prison.
(b) The pictures posted all around are fakes.
(c) The Nazi trials are underway.
(d) Tomas is a fugitive.
12. Where do Lore and her siblings sleep regularly when they reach their destination?
(a) At the Meyers' house.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In Oma's one room house.
(d) In Wiebke's old room.
13. Whose grave does Micha visit?
14. How does Mina feel about Micha's determination?
(a) Supportive of his passion.
(b) Mina does not mind as long as the family remains together.
(c) Angry that he is not focusing on the present.
(d) She is hesistant about what he may find.
15. How does Micha confuse Oma?
(a) Micha takes her to a new place to talk.
(b) Micha confronts her about her history.
(c) Micha talks to her about Opa as if he is a stranger.
(d) Micha visits on a non-regular day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kolesnik confess to Micha?
2. Where do Lore and her siblings presume Vati to be?
3. Why does Lore stop seeing Tomas?
4. What sign of trouble does Tomas see when Lore and her siblings attempt to get on the train?
5. What are the SS men doing in the photos displayed in the museum Micha visits?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)