|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Oma feel about Mutti and Vati's Nazi involvement?
(a) She believes they are rightfully punished but still loves them.
(b) She believes they are still good people.
(c) She believes they are in the right.
(d) She condemns them because of it and disowns them.
2. What does Elena believe is her punishment for her husband's crimes?
(a) A lifetime of being ostracized.
(b) Racism aimed at her.
(c) The inability to have children.
(d) Her children's early death.
3. Who is at the center of Micha's mental family tree?
(a) His Vati.
(b) His Opa.
(c) His Oma.
(d) His Mutti.
4. What does Vati wish for concerning his family's connection to World War II?
(a) That Micha learns the truth and reveal it to Mutti.
(b) That the pain stops with his generation.
(c) That the truth be told throughout history so all can learn from it.
(d) For all to deny the family's involvement in World War II.
5. What is Mutti's response to Jochen missing from the picture?
(a) Mutti is sad but does not cry.
(c) Mutti acknowledges it as fact but nothing more.
(d) Mutti sheds tears on her response letter.
6. Where does Micha go to search the truth about his Opa?
7. What are Tomas' feelings after Jochen dies?
(a) He wants to seek revenge.
(b) He wants to separate from the family.
(c) He wishes he never met the family.
(d) He feels he could have prevented it.
8. Where does Micha stay on his last visit to Opa's old World War II station?
(b) Jozef's home.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) His Oma's old house.
9. Who does Micha cry for when he cries about Opa's past?
(a) His family.
(c) The innocent people Opa killed.
10. How does Lore reunite with Oma?
(a) The Meyers see Lore searching and ask if she needs help.
(b) Wiebke recognizes Lore.
(c) Oma recognizes Juri first.
(d) Tomas finds Oma and brings Lore back.
11. Who calls Micha to speak with him about the war?
(b) The woman's grandfather from the museum.
12. What do the children learn about Mutti?
(a) Mutti wil be released soon.
(b) She remains healthy at the camp.
(c) Mutti is in a hard labor camp.
(d) She is starving at the camp.
13. Why does Lore stop seeing Tomas?
(a) Lore discovers his secret and is appalled.
(b) Wiebke tells her it is shameful.
(c) Oma is suspicious of her whereabouts.
(d) His angry response to her.
14. What bothers Micha about Mina's background?
(a) Mina does not consider herself German.
(b) Mina does not care about the German culture.
(c) Micha believes she considers herself Turkish first.
(d) Mina is part Jewish.
15. Where does Tomas go when the children leave to Oma?
(a) Stays in a Red Cross refugee shelter.
(b) Sleeps at an unused train station.
(c) Stays in a church.
(d) Lives in an abandoned house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the SS men doing in the photos displayed in the museum Micha visits?
2. What secret is Tomas holding from Lore?
3. What surprise does Micha learn about Opa?
4. What is Kolesnik's role during the war?
5. What is Oma's demeanor like?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)