|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children learn about Mutti?
(a) Mutti is in a hard labor camp.
(b) She remains healthy at the camp.
(c) Mutti wil be released soon.
(d) She is starving at the camp.
2. What does Lore overhear on the train?
(a) The pictures posted all around are fakes.
(b) Vati and Mutti are in prison.
(c) Tomas is a fugitive.
(d) The Nazi trials are underway.
3. What is the family's response to Micha's search?
(a) They do not care so long as they are not involved.
(b) They encourage the truth to be revealed.
(c) They want to know but do not want to talk about it.
(d) They want him to stop.
4. How does Lore reunite with Oma?
(a) Tomas finds Oma and brings Lore back.
(b) Oma recognizes Juri first.
(c) The Meyers see Lore searching and ask if she needs help.
(d) Wiebke recognizes Lore.
5. What influences Tomas' decision to get on the train?
(a) The look in Lore's eyes.
(b) Leisel's tears.
(c) A soldier coming towards them.
(d) Juri's cries.
6. Who calls Micha to speak with him about the war?
(c) The woman's grandfather from the museum.
7. Where do Lore and her siblings sleep regularly when they reach their destination?
(a) In Oma's one room house.
(b) In the cellar.
(c) In Wiebke's old room.
(d) At the Meyers' house.
8. What does Micha do in order to distract himself from Opa's past?
(a) Talk with Luise.
(b) Focus on his work as a schoolteacher.
(c) Play with his daughter and Mina.
(d) Concentrate on the future with his parents.
9. What does Kolesnik confess to Micha?
(a) He nearly killed himself for his actions.
(b) His Opa committed suicide because of his actions.
(c) He helped kill Jews during the war.
(d) He and Micha's Opa killed Jews together.
10. How does Oma feel about Mutti and Vati's Nazi involvement?
(a) She believes they are still good people.
(b) She condemns them because of it and disowns them.
(c) She believes they are in the right.
(d) She believes they are rightfully punished but still loves them.
11. Where does Tomas go when the children leave to Oma?
(a) Stays in a Red Cross refugee shelter.
(b) Sleeps at an unused train station.
(c) Lives in an abandoned house.
(d) Stays in a church.
12. What confuses Lore when they are close to Oma's?
(a) No one seems to recognize Oma's name.
(b) Oma is said to not live there anymore.
(c) She cannot recognize the city with so many bombed areas.
(d) Tomas tells Lore that Oma may be in prison too.
13. What does Elena show Micha?
(a) Jozef's old photos.
(b) The site of the Jewish killings.
(c) Photos of his Opa during the war.
(d) The grave of her brother, who was also an SS man.
14. Why does Leisel punch Lore?
(a) Leisel is angry that Mutti is not with Oma.
(b) Leisel discovers Lore lied about Vati.
(c) Lore gives the last dips of sugar to Juri.
(d) Lore tells Tomas he should leave.
15. What does Micha like about his pictures of Opa?
(a) Opa carries a mysterious facial expression.
(b) Opa has a very genuine smile.
(c) Opa looks like he has a secret.
(d) Opa is always looking at Micha.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Kolesnik's role during the war?
2. Whose grave does Micha visit?
3. Where does Micha stay on his last visit to Opa's old World War II station?
4. What are the conversations like between Micha and Luise?
5. Who else wants to know the truth if Micha finds it?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)