Short Answer Key
"Helmut," Section 1 (Pages 3-14)
1. Where is Helmut born?
2. What "fault" is Helmut born with?
A missing pectoral muscle.
3. How does Gladigau view Papi and his family?
Gladigau tries to help them achieve prosperity.
4. Which of Helmut's family portraits does Papi usually prefer?
Ones that hide Helmut's birth defect.
5. How does Helmut gain friends as a child?
He buys sweets.
6. How is Helmut's ability as a darkroom technician described?
Accurate and skillful.
7. How does Seiffert first introduce Helmut's family as impoverished?
The description of "drawer-for-a-cot."
8. How do Helmut's parents deny his birth defect?
The parents push him to be normal.
9. Why is Mutti "clever" for having something on the table every night?
She is able to make dinner despite their poverty.
10. How is Papi best described?
11. Who is the first to indicate Helmut's disability...
This section contains 2,555 words|
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)