|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Micha," Belarus, Spring 1999.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elena believe is her punishment for her husband's crimes?
(a) A lifetime of being ostracized.
(b) Racism aimed at her.
(c) Her children's early death.
(d) The inability to have children.
2. Who does Micha stay with during his time away?
(d) His Oma.
3. Why does Lore stop seeing Tomas?
(a) His angry response to her.
(b) Wiebke tells her it is shameful.
(c) Oma is suspicious of her whereabouts.
(d) Lore discovers his secret and is appalled.
4. Where does Helmut find safety after the second bombing is over?
(a) A bakery.
(b) The dark room.
(c) The train station.
(d) Gladigau's apartment.
5. How does Mutti react when her children fight amongst each other?
(a) She does nothing but goes to sleep.
(b) She yells at them to behave.
(c) She throws a cup down.
(d) She punishes each one individually.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who knocks on Helmut's door when the second bombing occurs?
2. What does Lore overhear on the train?
3. What dilemma does Lore run into by the second day out?
4. How does Lore reunite with Oma?
5. What happens to Helmut's feelings about being a soldier in Section 4?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)