|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Micha," Belarus, Summer 1998.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Lore and her siblings sleep regularly when they reach their destination?
(a) At the Meyers' house.
(b) In Wiebke's old room.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) In Oma's one room house.
2. What secret do the children keep from Oma and Wiebke?
(a) Lore plans to leave with Tomas.
(b) Tomas, their secret brother.
(c) They sent an extra letter to Mutti.
(d) They stole, lied, and cheated on their way to Oma's.
3. How does Helmut consistently obtain food?
(a) He sweeps the train station in exchange for food.
(b) He begs when the bakery truck comes in every day.
(c) He takes photos in exchange for food.
(d) He visits the soup kitchen everyday.
4. What is the biggest difference to Lore between her hometown and her hideout?
(a) The people at the new place are welcoming compared to the people at home.
(b) The new place seems busier than the old place.
(c) The new place is much larger in size.
(d) The new place is intact and not bombed out everywhere.
5. How does Gladigau view Papi and his family?
(a) Gladigau views Papi strictly as an employee.
(b) Gladigau respects their status.
(c) Gladigau tries to help them achieve prosperity.
(d) Gladigau abhors the way Papi treats his family.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lore's role in the family?
2. What is Kolesnik's reply when Micha asks if he is sad?
3. What do patrons at the shop give instead of money for food?
4. What occurs overnight at the church Lore and the children sleep in?
5. Who is at the center of Micha's mental family tree?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)