|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Micha," Belarus, Summer 1998.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helmut consistently obtain food?
(a) He sweeps the train station in exchange for food.
(b) He begs when the bakery truck comes in every day.
(c) He takes photos in exchange for food.
(d) He visits the soup kitchen everyday.
2. What does Lore see in some public pictures?
(a) A burning cross.
(b) Swastika banners on fire.
(c) Piles of starved, naked people.
(d) A man in a noose.
3. How does Helmut feel as the war progresses?
4. What sign of trouble does Tomas see when Lore and her siblings attempt to get on the train?
(a) There is no space on the train.
(b) A crazy man with a brick running at them.
(c) A soldier with a gun.
(d) The train is moving while passengers are boarding.
5. Where are the refugees coming from?
(a) The Steppes.
(b) From Italy.
(c) The western front.
(d) The eastern front.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the scene like on the train when Juri and Leisel first enter?
2. What disagreement occurs between Gladigau and Helmut?
3. What is Tomas' tattoo most likely to be?
4. What is Helmut's new job in 1945?
5. What makes the children start to fight when Mutti speaks with the farmer?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)