|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Micha," Belarus, Summer 1998.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Seiffert first introduce Helmut's family as impoverished?
(a) The family cannot pay for a real doctor.
(b) They are all underweight and pale.
(c) Their meals are very meager.
(d) The description of "drawer-for-a-cot."
2. How does Micha confuse Oma?
(a) Micha talks to her about Opa as if he is a stranger.
(b) Micha confronts her about her history.
(c) Micha takes her to a new place to talk.
(d) Micha visits on a non-regular day.
3. What is Mutti's response to Jochen missing from the picture?
(a) Mutti sheds tears on her response letter.
(c) Mutti is sad but does not cry.
(d) Mutti acknowledges it as fact but nothing more.
4. What runs through Helmut's mind as he looks for his parents after the bombings?
(a) That they might be outside of Berlin.
(b) To not let his parents see him cry.
(c) That he will work harder for them if he gets to see them again.
(d) The possibility that they might be dead.
5. Where are the children when Lore sees the crowd by the tree?
(a) Playing with a young man they meet in the square.
(b) Waiting at a railway station.
(c) In the bread line.
(d) Already at the tree with the crowd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opportunity opens up for Papi?
2. Who comes to visit Mutti in a jeep?
3. How does Oma feel about Mutti and Vati's Nazi involvement?
4. What occurs overnight at the church Lore and the children sleep in?
5. What does the confrontation at the train station indicate about the Third Reich's concerns?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)