|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Micha," Belarus, Summer 1998.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Helmut to smile for the first time in a photo?
(a) He meets his parents again after a long time.
(b) He is recently named Berlin's historian.
(c) He meets with Gladigau again after a long time.
(d) He is a soldier.
2. What indicates the closeness between Lore's family and Tomas?
(a) Tomas and Lore always sleep with their arms touching.
(b) Tomas carries Peter as often as Lore.
(c) Juri sleeps in Tomas' lap on the train.
(d) Leisel and Juri fight to sleep next to Tomas.
3. What is Helmut's new job in 1945?
(a) He digs trenches and piles rubble.
(b) He is Berlin's historian.
(c) He is the owner of a photo shop.
(d) He takes tickets from passengers at the train station.
4. What does the old woman lie to Lore about to get money?
(a) Where the nearest Red Cross food line is.
(b) That paraffin will kill the lice.
(c) A way to get train tickets.
(d) Correct directions to Oma's.
5. Where does Helmut make a home after his is destroyed?
(a) In Gladigau's shop.
(b) At the train station.
(c) In a cellar.
(d) In an abandoned bakery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lore discover the truth behind the pictures circling around Germany?
2. How does Helmut feel as the war progresses?
3. What is Tomas' reaction when Lore questions him about fathers in prison?
4. What are Lore's feelings after several days on the road?
5. What is the woman's reaction when Lore asks about the amount of food provided compared to the payment?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)