|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Micha," Home, Autumn 1997.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helmut enjoy most about the train station?
(a) Watching the train engineers.
(b) The noise.
(c) People watching.
(d) Talking to the guard.
2. What makes the children start to fight when Mutti speaks with the farmer?
(a) Juri hits Leisel for waking him up.
(b) Lore pinches Leisel for trying to open the door.
(c) The twins want candy.
(d) Peter wakes up crying.
3. What confuses Lore when they are close to Oma's?
(a) Tomas tells Lore that Oma may be in prison too.
(b) Oma is said to not live there anymore.
(c) No one seems to recognize Oma's name.
(d) She cannot recognize the city with so many bombed areas.
4. What opportunity is Helmut given in 1945?
(a) He opens the shop under his name.
(b) He is accepted by the army.
(c) He gains real employment at the train station.
(d) He shows Gladigau his documentation of Berlin.
5. Where is Helmut born?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Lore reunite with Oma?
2. Where does Helmut make a home after his is destroyed?
3. What is the reaction of the refugees when they first meet Helmut?
4. Who helps Helmut when he is confronted at the train station?
5. How does Seiffert first introduce Helmut's family as impoverished?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)