|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Micha," Home, Autumn 1997.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dilemma does Lore run into by the second day out?
(a) Whether to continue to walk or buy train tickets.
(b) Whether to ask for directions or avoid conversations with people.
(c) Whether to buy milk for Peter or bread for the rest of the children.
(d) Whether to stay on the road or walk through fields.
2. What are usually Lore's first and last thoughts of the day?
(a) Mutti's health.
(c) The farmer's son.
(d) The war's end.
3. Who are the people that are leaving the city and where are they going?
(a) Soldiers going to war and jobs outside the city.
(b) Regular German citizens moving to rural areas.
(c) Jewish citizens going to prison camps.
(d) Members of the Nazi party going to Switzerland.
4. Where do Lore and her siblings sleep regularly when they reach their destination?
(a) In Oma's one room house.
(b) In Wiebke's old room.
(c) In the cellar.
(d) At the Meyers' house.
5. What is Tomas' reaction when Lore questions him about fathers in prison?
(a) He gets angry.
(b) He denies knowing anything.
(c) He is sympathetic.
(d) He shuts down and does not say anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What opportunity is Helmut given in 1945?
2. Where does Helmut find safety after the second bombing is over?
3. What is Helmut's ritual when bombs fall in closely?
4. What does Gladigau's neighborhood look like when Helmut finds it?
5. What is the reaction of the refugees when they first meet Helmut?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)