|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through "Micha," Home, Autumn 1997.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What runs through Helmut's mind as he looks for his parents after the bombings?
(a) To not let his parents see him cry.
(b) The possibility that they might be dead.
(c) That they might be outside of Berlin.
(d) That he will work harder for them if he gets to see them again.
2. Where are the refugees coming from?
(a) The western front.
(b) From Italy.
(c) The Steppes.
(d) The eastern front.
3. What news does Mutti give about Vati in Section 6?
(a) He is in a Russian prison.
(b) He is safe.
(c) He is out of contact.
(d) He is dead.
4. What confuses Lore when they are close to Oma's?
(a) Oma is said to not live there anymore.
(b) She cannot recognize the city with so many bombed areas.
(c) No one seems to recognize Oma's name.
(d) Tomas tells Lore that Oma may be in prison too.
5. What do families feel towards Helmut before the bombing?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helmut enjoy most about the train station?
2. Who writes the letter to Mutti?
3. What is the reaction of the refugees when they first meet Helmut?
4. What is Oma's demeanor like?
5. What does Helmut do when he meets the refugees?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)